BG Level

Lion w/walk the plank please.. that move is awesome looking lol:

@1:40

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Being dead is no issue considering you can meet him in the past (Altho Trust magic doesn't actually exist in the past).. And if not they could just add a cipher and do away with actually meeting him.. I would actually prefer if we actually had to earn more alter egos they having done the relevant quests

Campaign
    BG Level

Nomnom Ferreous Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    Yes, it would. There's a problem though, and that's that the most famous RDM NPC (Rainemard) is currently dead. There's a Bastok Campaign leader RDM, Else, but she's kind of obscure (and probably also dead). I guess they could always go with Sharzalion? Not that most people will give a damn about him, or even know him from the next Narasimha's Vest-wearing elvaan gimp. Even most career RDM probably don't remember the deeply special and emotional moment where he gave them their RDM AF sword and then they tossed it 2 seconds later.
    The worst part is they had a perfect chance to redeem that by making a 109/119 weapon out of it along with the rest of the AF. Instead, nothing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Being dead is no issue considering you can meet him in the past (Altho Trust magic doesn't actually exist in the past)..
    Yeah, that's just it. All the NPCs we've recruited so far already chose to take part in Trust and were subsequently instructed in what to do offscreen by these Jeunoan magical researcher guys. Except Zeid, but plausibly the same thing could have happened with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    And if not they could just add a cipher and do away with actually meeting him.. I would actually prefer if we actually had to earn more alter egos they having done the relevant quests
    I agree with this. I also really wish Rainemard had his own quest like some of the other Campaign freelancers. I wish they hadn't stopped doing those.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

WoTG was a good oppurtunity to explore some AF quest and Relic Weapon/AF2 NPCs(like the Taru w/ Mandau from Vanadiel Tribune) but alas. Lion's Walk the Plank reminded me of Squall's Blasting Zone lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I did some small testing with melee NPCs and the MP the gain from different itemlevels.

Ayame

- no itemlevel gear: 0 MP
    - ilevel 113 body 120 MP
    - ilevel 117 weapon 140 MP

It looks like the highest itemlevel item you have equipped will be the "base" of your NPCs additional itemlevel power. Everything else gives a small bonus to it. Every other itemlevel item i equipped beyond the first only gave like +3 MP ontop.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

gee.. i've never seen Lion's actual TP moves before.. those look wicked. Powder Keg looks like what she used in the RotZ cutscene in Norg.

a part of me wished they'd expanded more on the flavor of the wartime NPCs, and like introduced quests that require you hunting down the generals/freelancers in campaign just to learn their weapon skills. The whole 'build a bond' thing kinda resonates on a similar note. I'm sure its possible for them to create some kind of excuse so that you can actually quest for Trust alter-egos in the past even though Trust magic has technically not been invented.

what I'm curious to know is how they'll handle pet-job alter egos. I think they mentioned in a dev note that all the expansion heroines will be usable in Trust.. and well, theres Aphmau... she just wouldn't be the same without either Mnejing or Ovjang... same would go for DRG, SMN or BST npcs..

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Like I said, pets could count as a Trust slot. So in order to call Neishmeira(Aphmau), the server would require that you have no other trusts out because upon entering combat, Aphmau would Activate Mnejin/Ovjang(until they increase the cap on trusts to be 5 slots). The pets would show up in your party slot as their own slot as if they were any other trust NPC and act on their own accord. In fact nothing would really make them 'pets' outside of lore as the only difference between the pets and other trusts is that they can only be used when you have their master as a trust. So from an AI standpoint they'd act like any other trust.

As for campaign WS, I'd love that. Some of the campaign ws were very unique and feasible.
    Uriel Blade would be an Aeolian Edge like WS for Sword.
    Warden of Terror is an AoE Dark WS for GS that inflicts a short terror(can think of it as an upgraded Shockwave)
    Blood Quarrel is an AoE Marksmenship WS that drains HP, think of it like Bloodrake in that it deals physical dmg, not magical/darkness.
    Soulfetter Arrow is a Archery frontal cone AoE WS
    Iainuki is a GK WS frontal cone AoE(looks like a badass crescent wave slash like Getsuga Tensho XD
    Polearm would get Oppresive Embrace which is a radial AoE which inflicts silence(Volant Angon is a JA animation not a WS animation)

Waterserpent General Mihli Aliapoh has the best WS. I like how it incorporates White Magic casting animation followed by a watery hexastrike

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

kinda like.. FF12's Espers and Guests? That would make the most sense actually lol. There's so many NPCs they could work with.. the possibilities are pretty endless and its a great way to tap into the rich history/lore for a 12 year old game.

They've updated the Trust page with the 4 new ones from todays update btw.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post482612

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Shantotto unlock conditions are mystified...

There's little point in adding dozens of Trust NPCs if they're all going to be extremely similar within the same class categories. There are now 3 PLD types and they're adding Devilles soon for a total of 4. I doubt they're going to add Trusts which are blatantly stronger than others of the same time unless their unlock conditions were difficult. Most likely the differences will simply include utility, traits(Nanaa) and WS usage. There's very little content to explore these NPCs with outside of old 75 content or farming seals, RoE or unlocking latent weapon skills.

Campaign
    BG Level

Did they only add new character or did they fix some of the issues Trust NPCs had? (like not benefitting from some party buffs etc)

Also anybody found out how to get Shantotto?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Got Ajido thru Apururu as stated.. Shantotto is a mystery so far.. but it seems Windy Trust permit is at least one of the preconditions

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I clicked on Shantoto and it triggered a cutscene. I don't know but some people didn't get it. I grabbed the other three new trusts first before trying her.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Also anybody found out how to get Shantotto?
    ASA and quested Staff WS done with her, and no dice. Rank 6 Sandy, haven't done anything with Windy, and fame is low-ish there. Have all other trusts unlocked as well, and all missions completed except for the nation ones and MKE.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

yup got CS after doing the other 3

based on the dialogue, i'd say the things that influence her are..

- Hiwon quest
    - rank 6 shadow lord
    - win rank 10? ("saving the star sibyl")
    - CoP missions with Prishe
    - ToA missions (Ragnarok)
    - BLM AF hat

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Trion is PLD/WAR. used voke and flash.

ajido and shantotto both cast tier 5 nukes lol..

edit:
    ajido is almost like a rdm. he nukes, debuffs (Slow) and cures (Cure IV).. and also auto attacks.

Shantotto only nukes afaict.. and when shes out of MP, just stands and does nothing

ajido appears to have a bit of fast cast compared to Shantotto cos his nukes go off abit faster..

Trion does get Royal Bash

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Shantotto also mentioned Chocobo races

Of course her and ajido were out of mp fairly quick.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Need to do all of Shantotto's quests as well(warp II)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Aijido is mostly likely BLM/RDM(in rank 10 BCNM he uses Chainspell Ancient Magic)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast