+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Trusts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Some more NPC specific info.

Curilla acts much like Excenmille, using Flash and Sentinel, but seems to use better weaponskills; Swift Blade seems the most common.
    Nanaa acts like a THF (should be tested whether she has Treasure Hunter or not). She seems to prefer Dancing Edge and King Cobra Clamp (her special WS from the mini expansions).
    Ayame acts like a SAM, but doesn't use any JAs that I've seen. She seems to prefer Tachi: Jinpu.

All of them gain stats above 99 based on your item level ( as to just weapon or combined armor, I'm unsure), but their defensive prowess raises much faster than their offense. When summoned with 113-119 gear equipped, they still whiff very often in Kamihr, doing ~50-100 when they do hit. However, they take similar amounts of damage as my DRK with 900 defense and ~10% PDT.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Is there really any point in using a fellow npc anymore over a trust npc especially when you can have lik 3 trust npcs at the same time with higher levels? Fellowships are 1 per 20 hours or so trusts can be resummoned once every few min

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You can use them simultaneously, and healer fellows can do some things trust NPCs can't (Dia II and Haste, mostly).

I always wanted them to go back and improve the adventuring fellow some more but like a lot of the other things in the game they just dropped it. Would be cool if they improved the fellow with some of the ideas from the trust system in terms of accessibility, and then increased the ease of customizing it. Then your fellow would be your custom NPC whereas Trust would be preset stats and stuff. lolidunno

Biggest thing they need to do is to let you take them into instances though. I doubt you'll be beating newer stuff with 3 brain-dead NPCs plus a fellow wasting all his MP on Dia 2 and Paralyze anyway.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rentwokay Champignon
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Is there really any point in using a fellow npc anymore over a trust npc especially when you can have lik 3 trust npcs at the same time with higher levels? Fellowships are 1 per 20 hours or so trusts can be resummoned once every few min
    This doesn't really change how much better Trust seems to be, but the Signal Pearl recast was quietly changed to six hours with the last special anniversary campaign.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I always wanted them to go back and improve the adventuring fellow some more but like a lot of the other things in the game they just dropped it. Would be cool if they improved the fellow with some of the ideas from the trust system in terms of accessibility, and then increased the ease of customizing it. Then your fellow would be your custom NPC whereas Trust would be preset stats and stuff. lolidunno
    This pretty much. The Trust system appears to be developed with absolutely no customization in mind.. so your fellow is uniquely catered to you, but the Trust NPCs aren't. Is it me or like Kupipi doesn't cast outside of battle either? so you don't get buffs or whatever, but your fellow does.
    Also Blessed Radiance i guess.

I think it would be nice if SE eventually reveals like their AI (like, FFXII gambit style?) so people will know which NPC to pick tactically. Right now its all mostly who has what role and whos cooler.. but i'm pretty sure when the list of Trust NPCs grow we're going to want to know the diff between each one more specifically.

They seem pretty useful for soloing.. i think i'd use them for like soloing Conflict content in Adoulin..? haven't tried that, but I know they hit for crap (my iLvl might have to do with it)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well in a sense the trust system has a bit of customization just different than how the fellow does. Where the fellow you can set it's battle style and it's jobs trust has set jobs but you get to pick your npcs and thereby the jobs and eventually once we figure it out possibly battle styles that are in your group.

Out has anyone seen if you can bring them out while in belligerance. Would be funny as hell

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    All of them gain stats above 99 based on your item level ( as to just weapon or combined armor, I'm unsure), but their defensive prowess raises much faster than their offense. When summoned with 113-119 gear equipped, they still whiff very often in Kamihr, doing ~50-100 when they do hit. However, they take similar amounts of damage as my DRK with 900 defense and ~10% PDT.
    Maybe they do something weird like base defensive on your armors ilvl and offense on your weapon?

Somewhat side note but I wonder if that was the idea behind the ilvls on the new gear from RoE. And by that I mean if you look at the stats on most of it they are more like 113-115 gear stats overall and not the 117 they are. RoE while it is possible to do in a pt was introduced as a nice thing to do solo while waiting for pt. So maybe they just upped the ilvl on it to make it better for soloing?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

thats what i meant. you can't customize each Alter Ego, because you get so many anyway and they're pretty much designed based on the actual character in the game.
    i suppose we could come up with like a table of who can do what.. i don't mind making a spreadsheet for that eventually lol.

incidentally for those who can't wait to find out, Shantotto fights with H2H, and Joachim appears to be a bard with a harp.

anyways.. something more useful to add to the mix.
    King Cobra Clamp > Retribution = Darkness

not sure how that places. i'm bad with skillchain math, but it opens up a SC partner option for breaking latents and stuff

edit:
    Fill in the blanks

Trust / Alter Egos

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh and I know some gas don't hit them, but I noticed Curaga does. I was doing a Record of Eminence that I'd gotten a couple days ago on smn/whm (I needed to recap the buffer anyway from some shenanigans in dynamis) and since the mandies we were fighting can sleep you, I automatically cast curaga after I slapped on my sac torque to wake myself up. It hit them all.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You must have to have done some specific quests first- the Bastok NPC would not give me the quest (although I easily obtained it in my home town of Windurst).

Quote Originally Posted by achira View Post
    You must have to have done some specific quests first- the Bastok NPC would not give me the quest (although I easily obtained it in my home town of Windurst).
    In other words, the NPC has to trust you to Trust you.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've discovered that the NPCs' stats do indeed depend on both the item level of your weapon and your armor, with your weapon more heavily weighted. In fact, you can see their max HP/MP change in real time as you swap gear.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Somebody do a Gilfinder check for Nanaa Mihgo to see if she has THF traits.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I've discovered that the NPCs' stats do indeed depend on both the item level of your weapon and your armor, with your weapon more heavily weighted. In fact, you can see their max HP/MP change in real time as you swap gear.
    I'm 95% sure it's tied to whatever your effective level is for the /check command. (which also takes gear iLvl into account)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You can now unlock Zeid by getting Cipher: Zeid from the greeter moogle for 500 points, then trading to any Trust starting NPC.

He seems to be a standard Dark Knight. He casts T3 spells, Drain and Aspir II, Absorb STR, VIT, and TP. He seems to use Power Slash, Freezebite, Ground Strike, Abyssal Drain (a magical version of Catastrophe), and Abyssal Strike (damage + stun).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Kupipi has been sorta useful- while it's not the same as a dual box or another player, she does protectra5 and shellra5 and if the alternative is nothing? I'm okay with that. She also enfeebs mobs which is nice.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I know I'm gonna get hated on for this, but SE should have never let people summon Trusts into WKR, so bloody fucking annoying

Quote Originally Posted by achira View Post
    Kupipi has been sorta useful- while it's not the same as a dual box or another player, she does protectra5 and shellra5 and if the alternative is nothing? I'm okay with that. She also enfeebs mobs which is nice.
    And she's quick on status removal, too. I've had her knock DOT/Paralyze effects off faster than I can JA them away at times. Really nice to have along when soloing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Zeid kinda stinks. If he only melee'd he'd be great but he spends 95% of his time casting back to back. As soon as he engages it's: Absorb-STR->Absorb-VIT->Absorb-TP->Aspir II->Water III(or other)->(mobs is prob dead by now)