Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Trusts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level

They are letting buff work on Trust NPC with next patch. To which extent is unknown but the fact they currently do not work is a known issue, I thought?
    I'm not sure I'm a fan of NPCs with MP in general. Aside from the utility Kupipi brings, it's annoying having to dismiss/summon Ajido/Shantotto so often. Unless I need the magic damage I wouldn't do it honestly.
    Atm they're probably the best DPS for a trust npc but I'm confident in the future more NPCs will manage to provide good damage just with melee/WS, and you won't have to dismiss/resummon them.

Or maybe in the future there will be an addon doing all the dismiss/summon thing for you for all 3 npcs with a single macro/command, but as of now I find it terribly irritating and I try to do it the least possible.

Edit:
    OT but in general I agree they should just let pets benefit from AoE buffs. They could be doing it several ways. Allowing them to be treated just like normal PT members, or having their stats stack (to a certain extent) to the master's stats. Which is what happens in a lot of MMOs and makes a lot of sense to me. The better the master gets, the better the pet (in a certain ratio, which doesn't necessarily have to be 1:1). But while in theory I like this second system more, I don't see it working in FFXI. It would kinda mess up with Pet: gear and it would be too much of a trouble to just change it all for them. Whereas with the first system they would "only" have to patch pet-specific buffs, I can only think of COR rolls atm, 3 of them? And it shouldn't be too much of a trouble to fix those, someway.

Campaign
    BG Level

This makes me wonder... Do Corsair PET rolls have any effect on Trust NPCs? (I suppose not)
    Did they ever work on Adventurer Fellow?

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    same reason why pet jobs have problems... seriously they should let buffs work on anything
    It's a little weird seeing Kupipi happily Pro/Shellraing the entire gang and then not being able to buff her back...even though I can cure/destatus her. Updating it to allow buffing in return will be a lot more natural.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    So if I understand correctly, as a SMN Trusts wouldn't do much for me since I would have to melee the mob to be able to get them to attack it, correct?

Or if I had a healer type, would it heal me even if it wasn't in combat?
    pretty much, you need to be a 1 hit melee SMN at the very least for Trust NPCs to do anything. I'd personally just take it as a chance to skill up staff lol.

for now, healer types (i.e. Kupipi) are inactive outside of combat, but they intend to allow them to actually cast stuff outside battle.

they're also trying to figure out what would work best for mage jobs in terms of signalling trust NPCs to attack.. but haven't given a solution yet.

I'm just eyeballing this but it seems Trion might have bonus enmity, he and Volker (I assume it would be the same with the other WAR's) provoke at the same and the enemy always goes to Trion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobunnies View Post
    I'm just eyeballing this but it seems Trion might have bonus enmity, he and Volker (I assume it would be the same with the other WAR's) provoke at the same and the enemy always goes to Trion.
    Well nothing happens at the same time in ffxi... what about when trion vokes right before volker?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I finished unlocking the new trusts and started working on more sparks, I noticed something doing the time-limited RoE quests.
    Haste Samba was indeed affecting Kupipi, Zeid, and Trion.
    I have not seen that mentioned by anyone.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yimoa View Post
    I finished unlocking the new trusts and started working on more sparks, I noticed something doing the time-limited RoE quests.
    guess they repeated the same bug that happened when DNC was introduced and haste/drain/aspir samba affected pets lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yimoa View Post
    I saw this too, not surprising considering that sambas are debuffs applied to your target.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Diffusion -> Battery Charge works

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Diffusion -> anything works

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Does Zeid get better after he runs out of mp and stop spamming stuff?

I think Ayame is pretty underrated as a DD. She uses WS pretty regularly, and skillchains with Naji if he's there. I haven't tried the others, but I think she'd work well with them too.

Incidentally, is there a verdict on whether or not Nanaa is worth using over the other NPCs because of TH1?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Does Zeid get better after he runs out of mp and stop spamming stuff?
    I tried it, and it didn't seem like it. He has great sword delay with no haste, on higher level monsters (tulfaires in Marjami) he hits for 130ish while Naji/Volker hit for about 50. He used Ground Strike for like 430, which was comparable to the RLB and Savage Blades Naji and Volker toss out. He seems to reach 100 tp slower so he ws's less often.

Also, while playing with trying BLM npcs while I soloed tulfaires for merits, Ajido-Marujido has an auto-attack he can use if he has no mp. Shantotto does nothing when she's out of mp.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

BLMs and Kuipipi need some Dagan or Mystic Boon. Moonlight for 26 MP doesn't cut it. I know they get MP back after battle but meh...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

From the Update notes:

Battle-related
    Physical damage dealt by alter egos will now increase based on the item level of the summoning player’s equipped weapons and armor.
    Certain player actiosn that affect faith are now properly able to be undertaken.

People on the official forums seem to think Faith meant trusts. Probably the worst translation i ever seen in update notes. its like he went to babel fish for that line. So maybe that is why sambas are working now, maybe other buffs?

Anyways I tried to do spiders in kuftal for roe kill vermins. but i had competition. I was using volker trion and shantoto and she hit a tier 4 or 5 nuke every mob but never seemed to run out of mp. now i wasnt running rough shot over all the spiders cause there was the competition and hard to find them up but when i fought a bunch of mobs in a row she nuked each one hard and didnt seem to have mp issues to me. Maybe its different with higher level mobs?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Looks like buffs in general are working. Just got brd songs on them. Wonder if that will make buff jobs better soloers now lol. At least where you can use trust

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

well Faith IS Trust. its the Japanese name (literally "feisu")- the translators probably just did a bad job and forgot that the event goes by different names altogether.

as for the sambas working.. i'm pretty sure its working as intended and was part of that vague "Certain player actiosn that affect faith are now properly able to be undertaken." the intention seems to be for Trust NPCs to function entirely as though they were party members. and the whole daze thing was listed as a known issue.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Are the new Trusts live yet??

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They should be, the campaign was slated to begin at 10 AM EST (0:00 Jan 1st JP), but it doesn't appear to be live yet, and the post the topic directs you to for info once it begins hasn't been updated yet. Dunno if the time/day its supposed to start is off, or if they're just running behind.

Refreshed the page again immediately after posting and it's now been updated. Here's the info for them.

Spoiler: show
    [NEW]
    Tenzen Melee Fighter Complete the initiation quest in either San d’Oria, Bastok, or Windurst
    Trade the Cipher: Tenzen item**** to the appropriate NPC***
    * This item can be acquired during New Year’s Alter Ego Extravaganza.
    Name: vup018.jpg
    Views: 1
    Size: 21.2 KB [NEW]
    Mihli Aliapoh Healer Complete the initiation quest in either San d’Oria, Bastok, or Windurst
    Trade the Cipher: Mihli item**** to the appropriate NPC***
    Name: vup019.jpg
    Size: 20.5 KB [NEW]
    Valaineral Tank Complete the initiation quest in either San d’Oria, Bastok, or Windurst
    Trade the Cipher: Valaineral item**** to the appropriate NPC***
    Name: vup020.jpg
    Size: 19.1 KB [NEW]
    Joachim Healer Complete the initiation quest in either San d’Oria, Bastok, or Windurst
    Trade the Cipher: Joachim item**** to the appropriate NPC***

*** The appropriate item may only be traded to the NPC whose initiation quest you have completed.
    They can be found in the following locations.
    Gondebaud in Southern San d’Oria (L-6)
    Clarion Star in Port Bastok (K-7)
    Wetata in Windurst Woods (G-10)
    **** The items needed to summon their respective alter egos can be acquired by exchanging the following types of currency with the NPC with which you can normally exchange that currency.
    Currency and Item Name
    Conquest Points – Cipher: Tenzen
    Imperial Standing – Cipher: Mihli
    Allied Notes – Cipher: Valaineral
    Cruor – Cipher: Joachim

Tenzen is 1k CPs (Common Items > Next Page)

OMW to check others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast