Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Which Trusts are the best DD? Excenmille casts Cure 1 every few sec, Zeid opens every fight with like 3-4 Absorb spells...so guess its between Naji, Ayame and Nanaa?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nanaa's pretty good it seems... I've not really got to use Naji a lot but i have him unlocked...

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i find that when im playing as a squishy job and want to melee for the hell of it (SMN/SCH/etc) i like to use Naji + Excenmille, because Naji as WAR opens with Voke and Excenmille with Flash since he's PLD. I prefer Excenmille to Curilla because Penta Thrust seems stronger that whatever she uses.. and because Flash and Provoke are on different recast timers they'll fight for hate at different times after the first (whereas if you use Excenmille and Curilla they're just gonna cast Flash together again most of the time).

Also a trick my LS mate was recommending when using Kupipi intensively and she runs out of MP, is to release and just resummon her lol.

Campaign
    BG Level

Any tests on Nana's TH yet?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Any tests on Nana's TH yet?
    No but it seemed that she was doing much high damage weapon skills when positioned behind the enemy. Might be something worth testing.

Campaign
    BG Level

Dunno if it has been mentioned yet but I noticed that the stats scaling of TRUST npcs doesn't happen when you summon them, it's rather dynamic. If you swap gear with them still out, their HP/MP (and presumably their other stats too?) will automatically adjust accordingly.

Edit:
    I mean all gear, not just weapons as previously asked.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

My preferred party set up is Naji, Kupipi, and Curilla. Sometimes I'll switch out Excenmille out with Curilla. I'm burning through FoV/GoV pages like crazy.

Campaign
    BG Level

Just eyeballing here, but in Kamihr Drift on the Lecerewe Sheeps they were missing quite a lot.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I seem to have glitched Trust somehow. I died while fighting a reive in Dho Gates, while my NPCs were asleep, and I homepointed. When I returned to Dho gates, I was unable to summon any NPCs under any circumstance whatsoever. Zoning, dying again, and returning to the reive I was in all did nothing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Did you try changing jobs in MH? I donno if it will work but worth a shot. I noticed that if trust npc's die in a WKR (and possibly other reives) you cannot summon them again unless you die and RR, or at least that's what happened to me during a Tchakka battle. Seems like Reives in general are glitched for them.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just some info, King Cobra Clamp to Shattersoul does Darkness... Also really like Nanaa, and trust in general.

Naji, while WAR and tanky, can do about 900~ Vorpal blades, Nanaas KCC can do upward 1.1k... Kupipi is a nice WHM, and those are just the three I've played with. While not on par with a player in terms of damage, they're a real nice help.

I do kinda wish you could talk to them like you do Adventuring fellows, since the cutscenes make them out to have personalities. Could even cause for some interesting convos (like maybe special text from Naji while Ayame is out and such)

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

that places King Cobra Clamp in the Distortion group on the SC table i think..
    will probably try to see if Zeid's tp moves can SC or not later..

the problem with dialogue for these guys, as with fellow NPCs, is that it has to be duplicated in every single zone that they can be summoned in... it can be done, obviously, but is pretty tedious and we don't know how far they'll take the system and how many Alter Egos there will be in total.

I think for Adventuring Fellow there are like 12 personalities so they have to put in 12 sets of the same kind of dialogue wherever they can be summoned. If they do add dialogue for the NPCs, it'll likely be extremely minimal. Like, maybe Shantotto will say 'O-hohohoho' and thats it? lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Hopefully they flesh them out a bit further. Like I hope Lion isn't exactly like Nanaa Mihgo except with one different WS, and I hope Deville isn't an exact replica of Curilla except with Uriel Blade instead of Savage Blade. They ought to make them all definitively different instead of so generic, give them more JAs, make them interesting. I bet you the Aijido Trust will just be an elemental of sorts. Opens with a random Burn, Shock then Poison II, Bio III followed by a random Tier IV nuke or Flare and then Aspir II/Aspir I his MP.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Only have Kupipi atm but she's doing a bang-up job as a Trick partner lol.

Campaign
    BG Level

They need to add them into the /ignorepet filters though. Targeting stuff in Reives and WKR when people have 200000 NPCs out is a mess.
    I wonder if in the future they're gonna give us a quest to "convert" our Adventuring Fellow NPC into a Trust NPC. Would be cool I guess :D

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've had no problems with F8 or offensive spell targeting with NPCs out with /ignorepet on. Or do you mean tab curing?

Campaign
    BG Level

Exactely that, made my 2 last WKRs a pain.
    I think they should just include trust npcs into the /ignorepet list. Or would that create some issues that I can't see atm?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

With the Trust NPCs not being resummonable in WKRs, I'm guessing that what is actually happening is that it's getting tripped up by the check to see if you are in combat. Specifically what I think is happening is that you are considered "in combat" as long as any mobs in the zone have any amount of hate for you. Hate from the trash mobs isn't a big deal since they die quickly, but if you ever got any hate on the Naakual, it's not going away unless you die. I recall that in Kamihr Drifts I was able to resummon as much as I wanted as long as I was careful not to get Naakual hate (no attacks on it, no buffing/curing people on the hate list), but once I cast Dia III on it just once, that was it for Trust summoning.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    but once I cast Dia III on it just once, that was it for Trust summoning.
    YES More fucking encouragement to NOT contribute to completing the WKR!! WONDERFUL WORK!!!

Campaign
    BG Level

If all it takes is to die to reset the thing and being able to summon again it's not really a big deal, 'til they patch it, is it?