Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    I havent seen it mentioned, and not to discount the strats that already work well.

Wouldnt a SMN and BRD fulltiming Earthen Armor and Scherzo allow for melee to either be not /nin or at least make most of the dmg a lot more managable? The SMN helping DD too with 115 satchet and balsam or eminent(after it's fixed?) isnt too bad, and nobody is bordering on timing out as it is.

Also, how would anyone think a petburn would work, all BST, all SMN, or a combo of both?
    Usage of a smn in melee strats has already been done and mentioned in this thread...

Pet burns, as always, would be a slow and inefficient method and probably can't do any difficulty over normal.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know melee accuracy for bst and probably all pets tends to tank on higher level content despite several updates where they said they keep raising it. Like with ilvl 117 jugs I don't think I was quite capping on normal kahmir mobs I'd imagine they'd probably be pretty meh on 119 content and horrible on 119+. Smn bps have tended to be a better source of more accurate dmg out of the pets during the ilvling process but doubt it would be enough to go more than one difficulty higher than other pets. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make some pet macc hag peices that might help.

That said it's just 20 merits would be easy for some smn to go with emiment satchel and test out real quick with sp2 if they can do decent dmg. In the past pet methods have kinda worked because pets could still do okish dmg to even high tier stuff which isn't currently the case so I wouldn't expect much. I mean in the past a decent pet was almost as strong as a okish DD in full time gear without any buffs outside or self. Now even properly ilvld pet is about as strong as same dd if they only had 1 ilvl item.

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm confident a party of 6 SMNs dishing out Astral Conduit would probably be able to take down some/all of the AAs at normal difficulty. (supposing a single TP move doesn't wipeout all your avatars at the same time )
    But DM is another story.
    BST with just the pet engaged, with 119 pets and pet enhancing stuff (sacrificing the master's) shouldn't have such huge accuracy issues on normal AAs (or am I being too optimistic?) but damage would be very slow I'm afraid.
    PUP would probably be somethin in between, I assume? More damage than BST, less than SMN with Astral Conduit. More survivability than Avatars, less than BST pets?

Tbh I can see normal AAs being doable by a pretty wide range of setups, among which I can probably put pet ones. Still I doubt it would be particularly efficient. Maybe something "different" and "fun" to try?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm waiting for SE to make claims that Stymie will make AA fights more manageable for pt setups. "You just have to try it and see!"

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I don't know about other difficulties but on normal, i can and have landed all rebuffs except dark based(blind doesn't stick as sch without any enfeebling gear(just attinian)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    BST with just the pet engaged, with 119 pets and pet enhancing stuff (sacrificing the master's) shouldn't have such huge accuracy issues on normal AAs (or am I being too optimistic?) but damage would be very slow I'm afraid.
    Not sure any bst has a real pet acc set... you could theoretically get over 100 though you'd miss out on a bit of pet haste while you do it and that might be enough to overcome the horrible acc. But yeah there is also the issue of how poorly pet pdif in general scales. Dmg drops tons as levels go up. Only thing that might help is new mnk jug is pretty strong and has an attack boost and killer counter/gaurd rate with one of it's moves.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    I'm waiting for SE to make claims that Stymie will make AA fights more manageable for pt setups. "You just have to try it and see!"
    You don't understand geez. I mean imagine being able to land a half duration sleep on MR after it charms someone!?! And having to farm merits inbetween makes the 1 hour coolddown to cast a single debuff not matter!!!!!!!!!!!! See this is clearly of similiar power to draining 50 tp per hit <.<

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You don't understand geez. I mean imagine being able to land a half duration sleep on MR after it charms someone!?! And having to farm merits inbetween makes the 1 hour coolddown to cast a single debuff not matter!!!!!!!!!!!! See this is clearly of similiar power to draining 50 tp per hit <.<
    Whilst this was in jest, an organised group will need to reset 1hrs between fights unless cutting cards is significant reduction.

And bst isn't going to be at all relevant for higher tier AA fights until they boost ilevel significantly. Doesn't matter how much pet acc gear you stack, its still going to be dead weight.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just solod Mithra on Very Easy mode as RDM/RUN, and got Beryllium ore. I don't know about drop rate, but it seems you can get mats on very easy mode.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Just solod Mithra on Very Easy mode as RDM/RUN, and got Beryllium ore. I don't know about drop rate, but it seems you can get mats on very easy mode.
    A galka pld on asura got log solo from GK on very easy, but so far i've gone 0/2 on it on very easy.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Whats the very easy loot pool like?

When I duoed hume on very easy, he was rocking the shit out of my mnk. Partially cause I went in unprepared, and had a half-ass hybrid set, but at low HP its CDC's were hitting for 1.5k, and with MS its regular attack rounds were dealing 700-900 dmg (350-450 per hit). This could be a byproduct of WAR/NIN having greater offensive output than BST/THF and SAM/DRG.

Its nice to know loot can still drop and I dont have to rot extra merits.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Very Easy - Ice cluster, gain mnd, red rock, 1 chapter in pool, 1 chapter personal pool.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is the loot pool I got.

I tried Hume on VE, but my MP would run out too fast if I wasn't /nin (MS hits doing 150 in full PDT/defense set), but I was being crippled by status effects that I couldn't cure without items, so I timed out.

I could see him being theoretically possible on RDM, but you'd need a much better defensive set than mine (1000 defense, 35% pdt), and lots and lots of remedies/panaceas (a few stacks of each, at least).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Can a ranged dd solo Taru by nuke/run away? He doesn't leave the circle right? Maybe helix and spam nukes then run when you see an aoe but stay if you see single target(sub nin for shadows)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tarutaru's special WS has infinite range and petrifies, so that'd be a huge problem. He uses it way more often than his normal version. He's got some hefty fast cast too, so you'd be unlikely to nuke him without getting tagged in return.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

2/2 on sif's hair from very easy Galka.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Sub run barpetrify barstone flabra and pflug under 25%, stand at 22.5 throw on kaustra poison and 2k helix. They only have 100k hp or so and if Taru cant leave the ring can just dot him out I guess?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post

Hey!!! Quit ruining this for me, I'm trying to make bank on this, keep it on the DL man!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ow....

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So, do these all share a battlefield or something?

tells were sent to pt leaders