BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearswap Shop Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

This is a RUN file based off of DBENTT that I started on. I think it's pretty much ready but won't know until some other eyes are on it: http://pastebin.com/yQi1xWBB

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Zerowone View Post
    This is a RUN file based off of DBENTT that I started on. I think it's pretty much ready but won't know until some other eyes are on it: http://pastebin.com/ze9Cc8Wm
    It references Mote-Include, but does so in an obsolete fashion. It uses precast(), when you should never define that in a job lua based on my includes (should be using job_precast). And pretty much the entire precast function is done wrong if you're using my include mechanisms.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well then just for clarity are you simply saying that the include and int_gear should appear as, for example:

Spoiler: show
    Code:
    function get_sets()
    	include('Mote-Include.lua')
    end

function int_gear_sets()

and that the precast function should appear as, for example:

Code:
    function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' then
    		equip(sets.precast.FC['Enhancing'])
    	end

if spell.skill == 'Divine Magic' then	
    		equip(sets.precast.FC['Divine Magic'])
    	end

if spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
    		equip(sets.precast.FC)
    	end

if spell.skill == 'Ninjutsu' then
    		equip(sets.precast.FC)
    	end

if spell.english == 'Lunge' or spell.english == 'Swipe' then	
    		equip(sets.precast.JA['Lunge'])

?
    OR is there a larger issue with that syntax?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well then just for clarity are you simply saying that the include and int_gear should appear as, for example:

Code:
    function get_sets()
    	include('Mote-Include.lua')
    end

function int_gear_sets()
    That's sufficient for what you have, though it's init_gear_sets, not int_gear_sets. Mainly, you don't want to manually call init_include, as that's handled automatically now.

You have a few index values in amongst the sets, but the way you set it up, it would be a bit more confusing to put them in a job_setup or user_setup function, so not worth worrying about adding those functions.

and that the precast function should appear as, for example:

Code:
    function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' then
    		equip(sets.precast.FC['Enhancing'])
    	end

if spell.skill == 'Divine Magic' then	
    		equip(sets.precast.FC['Divine Magic'])
    	end

if spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
    		equip(sets.precast.FC)
    	end

if spell.skill == 'Ninjutsu' then
    		equip(sets.precast.FC)
    	end

if spell.english == 'Lunge' or spell.english == 'Swipe' then	
    		equip(sets.precast.JA['Lunge'])

?
    OR is there a larger issue with that syntax?
    Precast doesn't need to define any of that. The include file will automatically select, say, the sets.precast.FC['Divine Magic'] set when you cast Divine Magic (or sets.precast.FC if you didn't define a ['Divine Magic'] sub-table); you don't have to manually specify it. There is literally no rule in your precast section that is needed; every one of those things would be handled automatically, as long as you name the sets correctly.

The only things to watch for are that stuff like Lunge and Swipe are spell.type == 'Effusion', not 'JobAbility', so you'd want to use the set sets.precast.Effusion.Lunge, not sets.precast.JA.Lunge.

Aside: I'm probably going to adjust the set selection so that sets.precast.Lunge works as well, without needing to specify the spell.type value, since a lot of them aren't obvious. Or at least make it so that it works under .JA. Yeah, I'll make it so that .JA works for all non-weaponskill abilities, as a fallback when the spell.type table isn't found.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post

Precast doesn't need to define any of that. The include file will automatically select, say, the sets.precast.FC['Divine Magic'] set when you cast Divine Magic (or sets.precast.FC if you didn't define a ['Divine Magic'] sub-table); you don't have to manually specify it. There is literally no rule in your precast section that is needed; every one of those things would be handled automatically, as long as you name the sets correctly.

The only things to watch for are that stuff like Lunge and Swipe are spell.type == 'Effusion', not 'JobAbility', so you'd want to use the set sets.precast.Effusion.Lunge, not sets.precast.JA.Lunge.
    So with regard to your Mote files, you're saying it's sets.[phase].[spell.type].[spell.name]?
    If so, then in the instance of Ward, how should it appear as? ex:
    sets.precast.Ward.Pflug = {}

Probably going to sound like a stupid question with respect to Lua, but could I set up an array like 0
    Code:
    Ward = ['Vallation','Pflug','Valiance','Liement','Battuta']
    then just call the value, like?

Code:
    sets.precast.Ward[2] = {}

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So with regard to your Mote files, you're saying it's sets.[phase].[spell.type].[spell.name]?
    More or less. There's more things it can handle, but that gets the basics.

If so, then in the instance of Ward, how should it appear as? ex:
    sets.precast.Ward.Pflug = {}
    Yes.

sets.precast.Ward[2] = {}
    That wouldn't work in any meaningful way.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Updated my "simple gearswaps" repository. These are designed to get your feet wet with gearswap luas and contain no advanced code and require no additional files. Basic features you can expect:

MNK: http://pastebin.com/4k5Xayv7
    *Features gear set toggles for Idle, TP, and weaponskills.
    *Can set a macro for equipping the currently toggled TP or idle set using //gs c equip TP set or //gs c equip Idle set

SAM: http://pastebin.com/q00KRPJH
    *Features gear set toggles for Idle, Melee TP, Ranged TP, and weaponskills.
    *Can set a macro for equipping the currently toggled TP or idle set using //gs c equip TP set or //gs c equip Idle set

COR: http://pastebin.com/trX6mA46
    *Features gear set toggles for Idle, Melee TP, Ranged TP, weaponskills, and Quick Draw.
    *Features R/EX bullet guards.
    *Features a Luzaf Ring toggle mode.

BLU: http://pastebin.com/D3PYZidm
    *Spells are grouped based on WSC, allowing for easy, headache free set editing.

SCH: http://pastebin.com/keWk94vy
    *Automatically manages Sublimation and Non-Sublimation idle sets.
    *Tells you when you're missing stratagems during Embrava.
    *Manages Obis and other day/weather related equipment.
    *Autocancels Stoneskin if using the Cancel addon.

RUN: http://pastebin.com/vrtD0kmw
    *Autocancels Stoneskin and Utsusemi: Ichi if using the Cancel addon.

I have a BRD one too, but it's ghetto and has no rules for Gjallarhorn, and you need separate macro palettes for Terpander/Daur songs and normal potency songs. Probably best to use someone else's.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Did a bunch of rewriting for the self-command stuff, and a bunch of other major and minor tweaks. Most files will need to be updated the next time you pull changes.

Also, completed wiki documentation for my Mote-Include stuff: https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/wiki

Hopefully that will help people that are attempting to use my files.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Updated.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

is the only drk one available the one at the beginning of this thread? i don't need all the gimmick stuff included and the addon files. i'd like one similiar to the Run one posted. idle/pdt/ws/tp/drain/aspir/darkmagic/stun and possibly a section for apoco aftermath. i don't need the weakened, reraise, hybrid sets or town gear.

if not. where do i place the mote-include and all the other lua files i need to run it? just in the gearswap folder or does it go in the data folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Stuff
    So a friend is dragging me kicking and screaming into the GS age, and we're using your set as a template for SMN. Its going ok for the most part, but you're missing a few things or some sets are just wrong. The biggest issue is you seemingly don't have any hybridized setup at all for a +skill build for siphon or for spirits. There's also a lack of midcast sets for quite a few situations, such as Landing a debuff pact (macc & +skill), or landing a rage phys or magical pact in a high accuracy build. I've got some other revisions i'm needing, but since i'm new at it all i figured it'd be better to sit down with you at some point and update the spellcast for all.

I also have a bit of a goofy request for myself. I'm wondering if there's any sort of way to randomize sets and trigger /lockstyle. Basically whenever i zone or login, i want my lua to pick one set from like 5 or 10, switch to it, apply lock style, and re trigger next time i zone.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

+skill build for siphon
    Completely forgot to add that. Put that in.

Landing a debuff pact (macc & +skill)
    Added an extra spell map type: DebuffBloodPactWard.

or landing a rage phys or magical pact in a high accuracy build
    Added an 'Acc' offense mode, which will apply to the various offensive pacts (including ward debuffs). Set up default sets to show where they go.

Also added a 'Resistant' casting mode. This will apply to nukes that spirits cast, not to any pacts that avatars use (including things like Fire IV).

Got rid of the generic sets.midcast.Pet.Spirit set.

Haven't tested any of the changes, but I expect that they'd work fine. Feel free to get a new copy of the smn.lua file, fill in gear sets, and try it out.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hey Mote,

I have the Cancel addon loaded and am using your stock gearswap files with all of the includes (-Globals, -Include, -Mappings, -SelfCommands, and -Utility). The only things I've added are the job specific gear files (yankeestom_pup_gear.lua, etc); I haven't made any changes to your stock files. But when I try to Spectral Jig, it is not canceling the active Sneak buff first. Is there something else I need to do to enable that functionality?

Thanks for all your work by the way. Been using your Spellcast files for years, and am now finally trying to switch everything over to Gearswap.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That question belongs in the help thread.

deleted

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone have a good working GEO gearswap file? One that might equip JA specific gear and auto sets a -pet pdt set when lupons are out? I'm trying to learn to build them like I had done for spellcast, but I'm not very good at code...

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Check the help thread, I posted a ljnk to mine, but it needs some help, which is why I posted in that thread instead of this one. I think it got missed though.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks, Shepard. I think I can learn from this one pretty well and play around with it.

Appreciate it!

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Seconded I'm gonna pick it up as well lol. Got asked go to geo to something last night and couldn't even find my old spellcast, so I just fulltimed pdt and refresh

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Despite much reluctance, added a rng lua. It's refined from one of the ones that were based on mine (KBeezie's, I think) after being run through an LS member's hands, and having to fix a bunch of issues that resulted. It's in the standard repository.

Since I don't have rng levelled, myself, there will be very little maintenance done on this file, aside from comments and such. However it should be adequate if anyone wants to make use of it. After a bit of testing, it seems to have fixed all the major issues people have mentioned about rng luas, lately.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast