BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearswap Shop Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The Google Drive version is sharing a clone of the entire repository, so you could access the history there; however yeah, wouldn't be as easily accessible, and not something you could check before downloading rather than after.

All right, consider the GitHub version the official release method, then. I'll probably upload the repo I have for the Spellcast files as well, even though I likely won't be updating them much anymore.

And btw, I only ever updated the pastebin files for code updates There wasn't any reason to upload/re-date files for merely my own gear changes.

Mote, you are a beast with these. Rediculous the amount of code you have been putting out. I have been trying to do a set include file to facilitate updating my blm/sch/geo sets (only mages I have) and it has taken me weeks to do.

One thing I noticed on your blm in your engaged set you have Iuitl Wristbands instead of either Hagondes or Yaotl.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ah, woops. That'll be fixed in the next push. Thanks.

I'm also making changes to the no-skill spell handling (still prevents skill sets from being applied, but no longer blocks specialty sets (such as for regen) from being applied), so anyone using the mage files will need to update the jobs as well as the Include.

Edit: also note: current pup file will only work on dev until the latest GearSwap changes have been pushed. Should have branched it for the dev work, but didn't think of it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Mote, I updated the include file today along with your thf gearswap, at first it was loading the old version of the thf file but I was getting an error from the include that was something like this "mote_include.lua:1: unexpected symbol near and then just has a ? in a box". After getting the new files it wont load the thf file at all, just gives me the same error but has "thf.lua:1" instead of mote_include.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My Ranger Set in progress (moving from spellcast).

http://pastebin.com/2N8vqzBt

What it has so far for my needs:
    - Ability to define what ammo must only be used with unlimited shot (arrow,bolt,bullet)
    - Ability to define which ammo gets used when you have no ammo in slot
    - A simple sneak cancel when spectral jig is used (using rng/dnc a lot lately)
    - WeaponSkill cancel if the distance is too great for a weaponskill (ranged WS capable of up to 21' pre-defined)
    - A list of (ranged) weaponskills that align with the soil belt, light belt, and light gorget used during midcast
    - and a couple quick gear swaps when using Bounty Shot or Scavenge (ie: the kind that don't require the item to stay on for it's effect).

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Updated.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Updated version of the Ranger file I pasted before, but simplified and made corrections as per Mote's advice in another thread.

http://pastebin.com/m7ydw6cE

Used with the latest Mote-Include.lua from https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs

I also added in a toggle for Ammo Saving if you happen to have a Scout's Beret, and the if/then required to make it work on normal ranged shots (can also select to have it enabled during WS too).

( I accidentally had this in the spellcast thread).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If you're using Pastebin, try to make an account so I can link to the account instead of the file. That way, I don't have to update the link each time an adjustment appears.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    If you're using Pastebin, try to make an account so I can link to the account instead of the file. That way, I don't have to update the link each time an adjustment appears.
    Will do.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Note: Just pushed a major revamp of my include. Split it into multiple files for maintenance and accessibility.

Mote-Include: main include, only deals with selecting and equipping gear now
    Mote-Utility: General utility functions
    Mote-Mappings: Various mappings (such as spell mappings) that are useful in various contexts
    Mote-SelfCommands: All the code for dealing with self-commands (it's a bit messy, and most people won't want to touch it)
    UserGlobals: Where you can store user-specific data and functions that will be picked up by the main include, but won't have to overwrite when other files are updated.

In addition, added SMN lua. There are a couple things that are still mildly broken due to GS bugs, and I haven't implemented the generic, avatar-agnostic command/triggers yet. Has a spiffy Elemental Siphon function, though (//gs c siphon).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Note: Just pushed a major revamp of my include. Split it into multiple files for maintenance and accessibility.

Mote-Include: main include, only deals with selecting and equipping gear now
    Mote-Utility: General utility functions
    Mote-Mappings: Various mappings (such as spell mappings) that are useful in various contexts
    Mote-SelfCommands: All the code for dealing with self-commands (it's a bit messy, and most people won't want to touch it)
    UserGlobals: Where you can store user-specific data and functions that will be picked up by the main include, but won't have to overwrite when other files are updated.

In addition, added SMN lua. There are a couple things that are still mildly broken due to GS bugs, and I haven't implemented the generic, avatar-agnostic command/triggers yet. Has a spiffy Elemental Siphon function, though (//gs c siphon).
    Can any of these new changes be used for that refine waltz idea I mentioned earlier? Haven't messed around with GS in the last few days but can I use, say UserGlobals.lua, as a way to enable the refine waltz function you made for DNC and any job I use DNC as a sub?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Shandris

Warrior lua now available at http://github.com/toioiz/gearswap

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

First of all, Mote your awesome at this stuff, i'm trying to learn lua now by some trial and error, and your work and examples are going a long way for me.

I've made a WAR.lua based off mote's work, basically taking his template and his include(before he broke it into multiple files), and seeing how far i could get. This is is what i have, it works fine as far as i've played with it, Bravura aftermath handling to come soon hopefully, otherwise its fairly operation.

Both the file and include can be obtained from http://pastebin.com/u/Fiv

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Treize Kordero View Post
    Can any of these new changes be used for that refine waltz idea I mentioned earlier? Haven't messed around with GS in the last few days but can I use, say UserGlobals.lua, as a way to enable the refine waltz function you made for DNC and any job I use DNC as a sub?
    Yes. I've put refine_waltz into Mote-Utility, so can just call it from any precast() handler. Currently working out some bugs (one of which is a GearSwap bug), but the waltz adjustments seem to be working properly. They'll be part of the next push.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Yes. I've put refine_waltz into Mote-Utility, so can just call it from any precast() handler. Currently working out some bugs (one of which is a GearSwap bug), but the waltz adjustments seem to be working properly. They'll be part of the next push.
    This is great when I get a chance I'm going to have to look at the code. I'm also thinking of doing the same for Spectral Jig and Monomi: Ichi.

I am finally going to post something. I have a pretty well working sch lua that uses an include for gear so I can easily switch to blm or geo as all three of these jobs share a significant amount of gear. It is really messy right now, and I am working on refining it. It also has built in day element matching for storms, helix, and all kinds of nukes with aliases set up to handle casting them. //st for instance will cast a single target nuke matching the element of the day (or stone for light or dark day). //st 3 would cast the tier 3 nuke of the same day and so on.

element match aliases are //st, //helix, //storm, //aoet (ga spells), //aoeja, //am, //aoes (ra spells)

additionally, in the sch.lua I have added strategem aliases.

strats, //addend, //power, //aoe, //cost, //speed, //duration, //skillchain, //accuracy, //enmity

One last note, it is sometimes frustrating that I have what I think to be a cool idea, and I implement it, then I check mote's stuff and not only has he made an implementation of it, but his version is way better. . That being said, my current file requires either spellcast or the addon shortcuts to be enabled to handle the alias commands.

You will need the 3 files in the pastebin to work. Just change the Shadowmeld-includes.lua file to 'your character name'-includes.lua

http://pastebin.com/u/shadowmeld

I also have a cor.lua implementation, but not ready to post it yet, still working on it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Updated.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Updated the Ranger LUA (shows up as 1/15/2014 on link), with some documentation at top of what's there:

Code:
    -- Normal/Accuracy/TP build modes for Ranged Attacks (Offense Mode)
    -- Normal/Accuracy for Weaponskills
    -- Engaged set for Normal/Accuracy/TP
    -- The Casting, Resting, PDT/MDT modes aren't really used, but the sets are there
    --     so fill in equipment as needed, they're merged from idle
    -- 
    -- Precast set for Ranged (Misc->Ranged) set
    -- Midcast set for Ranged (Follows Offense Mode)
    --
    -- A set for Unlimited Shot is there, filled with ammo that should only be used with unlimited shot
    -- There's a function in precast that makes sure the buff is active, otherwise equips the default ammo
    -- this check won't protect against multi-hit WS or barrage.
    --
    -- Ability to set the default amunition used for different weapons
    -- simply set DefaultAmmo["Name of Ranged Weapon"] = "Name of Ammo"
    -- This is used in case ammo slot is empty, or special ammo needs to be replaced in precast
    -- If it can't find the ammo or weapon, it'll simply keep the ammo slot empty to protect
    -- against the possibility of spending the rare/ex amunition.
    --
    -- A Ranged WS set has been created to prevent WS from being fired over 21 yalms
    -- All other WS not included are prevent from being fired over 8 yalms
    -- the Ranged WS set does not include short-ranged WS or cor-only WS
    -- 
    -- Belt/Gorget specific sets have been created, specifically for Light/Soil
    -- If the WS being used matches one of them, that belt/gorget will be used precast
    --
    -- A simple JA precast for Steps, BountyShot, and Scavenge are set
    -- 
    -- Low ammunition warning implemented (warns if the TOTAL amount of ammo in the current slot is under 15)
    --
    -- Sneak-Cancelation performed when Spectral Jig is used, and sneak is still active.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Shandris

SAM gearswap up at:
    http://github.com/Toioiz/GearSwap

SMN is delayed due to changes in gearswap for handling pets, I'll just wait until those are done before messing with it.