1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Garuda Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    So this happened last night, and I wasn't sure if anyone else has had dps focus on this specifically, but we had solo heal, 4 blm's and a brd, 1 blm is able to kill all of the razor plumes (in phases after stones are gone) solo with double flare and having everyone stack on garuda's ass...knocked off an entire rotation of sisters doing this.
    Yeah, been doing this for a long while. We leave the OT out, everyone stacks, healer moves out after the razors are dead to minimize Friction damage.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Binkie View Post
    MTed this again yesterday and I'm almost 100% sure that
    suparna stops doing WW if chirada is dead.
    Pretty sure she still does WW after Chirada is dead. I have always done the Chirada 1st way and Suparna still does WW 3-4 seconds after Friction when the other sister is down, that's the indicator I use to get out of range when I go on DRG anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post
    Yeah, been doing this for a long while. We leave the OT out, everyone stacks, healer moves out after the razors are dead to minimize Friction damage.
    I kind of want to try having everyone stack including the OT.

In theory 2 holy cast would kill every plume except for the spiny, it has a bit more hp.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's maddening to me that I can't seem to consistently avoid Feather Rain in the first sisters phase (pillars still up) and the tornadoes phase. It doesn't kill me or really interfere with anything, but it's annoying when I get hit in spots that were safe the previous run (despite tanking in the same places and only having directional facing differences). Every time it pretty much seems like there's some variance in where precisely the untouched spot will be in the general area.

Admittedly, I haven't really done Garuda much, but I must be overlooking something or it really is random to a degree.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The trick I've taught MTs is to move to the center of the arena when they jump. You obviously need to move back quickly, but there should never be any feathers at the center of the arena. That's the pillar phase at least. I imagine stacking to one corner before the jump and moving to the opposite side has a similar effect.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You also have enough time to move a step or two out of the target circles. Most of the time people panic and run into a circle by mistake.

During pillars I run into the middle for the first jump then curl around behind the respective pillar. During the sisters phase as soon as they jump I just run along the outside. (As MT)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Do the tornadoes cause massive graphical lag for anyone else?

My PC is old but for regular 8 man instances it runs things just fine (hell, it can handle CT just fine), but when the 5x tornadoes come out my FPS just shits the bed at certain points in their animation.
    I have the same problem. I solve it by zooming in about midway and pointing my camera at 1 o'clock. (Scholar, usually standing at 4 o'clock)

It gets worst on Titan EX, rarely able to get out of the AOEs because they come up slower/cause things to slow down.

Using a 2012 mac mini, benchmarking around 2100. At this point I've basically given up even trying to do Titan EX until the PS4 is out.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The fps drop on garuda ex isn't really an issue since there is close to none ability to dodge.
    Titan ex is a different story, you can still manage it by learning by heart the long rotations.
    The day you get a new pc your life will change.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Pruviant View Post
    Pretty sure she still does WW after Chirada is dead. I have always done the Chirada 1st way and Suparna still does WW 3-4 seconds after Friction when the other sister is down, that's the indicator I use to get out of range when I go on DRG anyway.
    I can't be sure but I think I remember one of my FC members getting hit by two WWs when I didn't move Superna enough

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

during the spiny plume phases, if it attaches to a non-tank, is it a bad idea to leave it on said person until 2 stacks? i don't know how much damage it does per tick on a non-tank. this happens rarely to me, but it's happened.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Very little damage. Happens to me a fair amount. No harm done; less than Garuda's Friction.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

You can leave on that person. The damage is negligible.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Often better to leave it on whoever it starts on during the Tornado phase. If the off tank grabs it first, it'll be timed such that they'll end up having to Provoke again before the phase ends, meaning Provoke won't be up for the plume phase.

You only need to voke the spiny once during tornado phase (same as plume phase).

Garuda will tele before the spiny can apply a fifth stack.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

You know that, and I know that, but Joe Blow from the Duty Finder seems to not know that and blows Provoke anyway.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    You know that, and I know that, but Joe Blow from the Duty Finder seems to not know that and blows Provoke anyway.
    ^ This, or doesn't realize that he could just flash twice and pull it off.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

it does like stupid low damage. there is no reason you'd be in danger other than Super Cyclone on the 3rd stack.

the DoT/AA w/e the fuck it is is like 30 dmg

EDIT: FUCKING HELL I DID IT AGAIN THERE WAS ANOTHER PAGE

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    ^ This, or doesn't realize that he could just flash twice and pull it off.
    That's not how it works... no, you generally can't do this.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    That's not how it works... no, you generally can't do this.
    I thought I was missing something here. Hate generation on spiny has never felt standard to me.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    I thought I was missing something here. Hate generation on spiny has never felt standard to me.
    If OT had original hate (or immediately voked) then he will be at enmity X. If MT then vokes off at 2 stacks he will be at enmity X+1 (or a little more if followed with flash/shield lob). Then if OT comes to grab it -again- at 2 stacks, all it should take is a couple of flashes to the get that little more enmity. That's what I'm saying.