1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Garuda Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, I saw it last night in a PUG because one of the +1 bards went hogwild from the start as the pld was pulling it into position. We had the bad luck of DoT and Shield Lob being just enough to push her into phase 2 just as she was being pulled back after second Shriek, so feathers got a couple more people and we wiped that try.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    It's Shwtym
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Seravi, the only thing you have mixed up in your strat is that meele should burn down Churada first always. I think it was just a typo from writing a long guide tho. Also the plume buff (sacred soil) is Thermal High. The debuff is Thermal Low.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Shwtym View Post
    Seravi, the only thing you have mixed up in your strat is that meele should burn down Churada first always. I think it was just a typo from writing a long guide tho. Also the plume buff (sacred soil) is Thermal High. The debuff is Thermal Low.
    Thanks, I remembered partway through writing which sister was which but missed that one line.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Stuff is % based at the start btw.

90% is Vortex, then Teleport>Shriek seconds later.
    75% is first set of sisters.

After that, it's probably time based, 2hr x amount after sisters. We usually have her in the 55% range at 2hr though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When she teleports at the very beginning should be time based, same as it was with hard mode garuda. I can't confirm 100%, but my dots seemed to time her at the exact same time every time even when our dps was different speeds.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

She do Vortex and Teleport at 90% every time, on the %. So unless our DPS is that precise every time lol..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

For people bringing mnks and drgs what do you guys do once tornados hit? Just tried garuda for about an hour and the mnk + drg kept eating shit instantly to wicked wheel or friction or whatever it's called when they were down in the corner with the offtank.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Do you guys hold Sup w/ Garuda and burn Chi? Cause friction is the red circle and easy to dodge. I don't think we even see Wicked Wheel anymore, which targets a person.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The thing that seemed to be killing our DPS was that AoE that follows Slipstream. Once the DPS starting backing off during Slipstream they stopped getting gibbed.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

She definitely still uses Wicked Wheel and it hurts like hell

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yea, Garuda and Suparna use wicked wheel together right after they do their little teleport and it pushes the MT's shit in, so watch out for that and don't be near them if you're a melee dps

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah, it's a very specific Wicked Wheel that does 5k+ to non-tanks. I believe it's the one she does after teleport>feather rain>swap with red sister. Chirada also seems to do hers on the OT and company right around the teleport.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is there any reason you have MT keep Suparna and Garuda, and OT on Chirada?

For my wins I've been doing it with OT taking Suparna and MT keeping the other two. I assumed this was the best way, with both lines being extended as far as possible.
    Is there any benefit/downside to either method?

Yeah, it's a very specific Wicked Wheel that does 5k+ to non-tanks. I believe it's the one she does after teleport>feather rain>swap with red sister. Chirada also seems to do hers on the OT and company right around the teleport.
    For me it's been every Wicked Wheel. The only difference I've noticed is when people have Adlo/SS up or not.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

When Garuda+Suparna do the teleport>feather rain>reappear, they swap positions and hate. So if MT had Garuda and Chirada (green), and OT had Suparna (red), Garuda is now on the OT and both sisters are at 8 stacks next to each other.

edit: I can't names

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Yea, Garuda and Suparna use wicked wheel together right after they do their little teleport and it pushes the MT's shit in, so watch out for that and don't be near them if you're a melee dps
    I just pop a CD right when they reappear with no problems. I always grab red line + Garuda as main tank.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    When Garuda+Suparna do the teleport>feather rain>reappear, they swap positions and hate. So if MT had Garuda and Chirada (green), and OT had Suparna (red), Garuda is now on the OT and both sisters are at 8 stacks next to each other.

edit: I can't names
    Not sure if I'm following. There is a teleport at some point when sisters are out? I've never seen that, or I don't get what you're saying. xD

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'd say like 15 seconds after sisters pop is the teleport. If MT takes Garuda+red you won't really notice because they both reappear there like 5s later and nothing changed. On our early attempt MT took Garuda+green, Garuda and red would teleport and then MT would have both sisters next to each other while OT was hitting Garuda.

Unless your tank is from the Matrix they probably are gonna get hit with the feather rain DoT when that teleport happens so it's hard to miss.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'd say like 15 seconds after sisters pop is the teleport. If MT takes Garuda+red you won't really notice because they both reappear there like 5s later and nothing changed. On our early attempt MT took Garuda+green, Garuda and red would teleport and then MT would have both sisters next to each other while OT was hitting Garuda.
    I've never had this happen with many wins so far. Tanks haven't had any issues keeping their designated targets and they never go anywhere.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Do they teleport at all? Where do your tanks run? Do you still kill Chirada first? Only thing I can think of is maybe they teleport differently depending on where they're tanked. We always did

MAIN TANK: Grab Suparna, take her and Garuda to the north edge of the arena.
    OFF TANK: Grab Chirada, take her (and the DPS) to the south edge of the arena.
    and always ended up with what I described.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Do they teleport at all? Where do your tanks run? Do you still kill Chirada first? Only thing I can think of is maybe they teleport differently depending on where they're tanked. We always did

and always ended up with what I described.
    First sister Phase:
    MT: Keep Garuda, Grab Chirara - Head North
    OT: Grab Suparna - Head South

Kill Suparna > OT grabs Chirada off MT > Kill Chirada > DPS Garuda for a bit.

Second Sisters [And every sisters after if fight lasts long enough]
    MT: Keep Garuda, Grab Chirada - Head Northeast
    OT: Grab Suparna - Head Southwest
    Mages/Ranged DPS - Head Southeast
    Melee DPS [if any] - Southwest with OT, help kill Suparna. Either Shouldertackle/jump to Chirada after, or simply run through tornados and eat damage.

Our kill order is always Suparna > Chirada > Garuda.

The only time I've seen them teleport in sisters phase is for Aerial Blast. No feathers either.

[EDIT] We also kill Suparna super quickly, wondering if you guys might kill them slower which might cause this teleport? Just another thought.