Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 302 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearswap Help Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

For RNG /ra will this work or do i need some kind of a delay?

Precast function:
    Code:
    	if spell.name == 'Ranged' then
    		equip(sets.precast.PreShot)
    	end
    Midcast function:
    Code:
    	if spell.name == 'Ranged' then
    		equip(sets.melee.TP[TPMode])
    		if buffactive.Barrage then
    			equip(sets.misc.Barrage)
    		end
    	end
    not sure how to handle it really.
    thanks for the help

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Both of those will work.

Mote, I have a question about your sch.lua. In your get_sets() function, you have state.Sublimation = buffactive['Sublimation: Activated']. Does that automatically change true/false when you use sublimation cause I don't see anything in your other code to change it.

Nevermind: I found it in your job_buff_change function.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also, that first initialization should be:

state.Sublimation = buffactive['Sublimation: Activated'] or false

Otherwise it will end up nil rather than false, and the other updates to the value won't work.

Sch file is very much a work in progress, still. Wanted to get the simpler ones out of the way first.

Since I've started using GearSwap, with Mote's files or my own using his include, I've experienced random occurences of Macro book changes. I usually see this when the file initially loads. It'll change to Macro Book 20.

Any ideas what's causing this?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm using the blu.lua from the GS Shop thread and the //gs c toggle TP set doesn't seem to do anything. Just got the file, pasted it into my GS folder, adapted some gear. All the swaps for idling/engaging/spells work perfectly, just can't seem to use any of the triggers. Any suggestions what I might be missing?
    Big shout out to you all for all the help and esp for Byrth for this mircale

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by sfchakan View Post
    Since I've started using GearSwap, with Mote's files or my own using his include, I've experienced random occurences of Macro book changes. I usually see this when the file initially loads. It'll change to Macro Book 20.

Any ideas what's causing this?
    At the bottom of the get_sets() function is a call to set your default book and macro set. Adjust that.

Didn't even look for it yet, thanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Totally retarded when it comes to these kind of things. Making a PLD gearswap right now and I've seemed to have gotten almost everything down except for the midcasts on my Cures/Reprisals/Phalanx. Don't know why it wouldnt work as I pretty much copy and pasted it from someone else's gearswap. Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
    	-- Specific spells
    	sets.midcast.FC.Cure = {head="Kaiser Schaller",back="Fierabras's Mantle",waist="Chuq'aba Belt",legs="Reverence Breeches +1"}
    	sets.midcast.FC.Reprisal = {back="Fierabras's Mantle",ring1="K'ayres ring",ring2="Eihwaz Ring",legs="Reverence Breeches +1"}

Byrth, I don't know what is going on but all of a sudden about 20 minutes ago I get a freeze of pol any time I try to load gearswap. I even took my .lua and commented out literally everything in the get_sets function (I don't have any others) and it freezes when I try to load. Any idea what is going on?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I have no idea as nothing has changed in days. Perhaps the FFXI update broke something.

I removed all of my .lua files, deleted gearswap folder and redownloaded and it still locks up as soon as I type lua l gearswap. Windows 7, UAC is all the way off. I did not put the .lua files back into the data folder.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Try renaming your libs folder, LuaCore, and GearSwap.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    Totally retarded when it comes to these kind of things. Making a PLD gearswap right now and I've seemed to have gotten almost everything down except for the midcasts on my Cures/Reprisals/Phalanx. Don't know why it wouldnt work as I pretty much copy and pasted it from someone else's gearswap. Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
    	-- Specific spells
    	sets.midcast.FC.Cure = {head="Kaiser Schaller",back="Fierabras's Mantle",waist="Chuq'aba Belt",legs="Reverence Breeches +1"}
    	sets.midcast.FC.Reprisal = {back="Fierabras's Mantle",ring1="K'ayres ring",ring2="Eihwaz Ring",legs="Reverence Breeches +1"}
    Hmmm pastebind your lua. But that code you posted here is just the "gear sets" not the "rules" to use them.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

PS: Could not find any Ranger Examples for GearSwap

My Spellcast File (XML) : pastebin /b5bt1t5x
    My Current GearSwap File (LUA) : pastebin / KaFA86hs

I'm confused on how to do the following:

- On (SC) Line 149 - 166 I have rules that check for the existence of ammo that should only be used with unlimited shot, and removes them if the buff is not active, likewise if the ammo slot is empy, it equips with the default ammo. How is this done in GearSwap?

- Starting at (SC) 171 I have rules set so that close-range WS are not fired at above 8' and that Ranged WS are not fired above 21' otherwise it cancels the action, how is this done in GearSwap?

- Does GearSwap have an aftercast delay action like I used on line (SC) 169 (to avoid gear being swapped too soon during a ranged attack).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

For the first thing:
    Code:
    get_sets()
             U_Shot_Ammo = S{'Ammo Name 1','Ammo Name 2', 'Ammo Name 3'}
             DefaultAmmo = {ammo='Copper Bullet'}
    end

precast(spell)
         if U_Shot_Ammo[player.equipment.ammo] and not buffactive['unlimited shot'] or player.equipment.ammo == 'empty' then
             equip(DefaultAmmo)
         end
    end
    Second thing:

Code:
    get_sets()
        close_range_ws  = S{'name 1','name2','etc'}
        ranged_ws = S{'name1','name 2','etc'}
    end

precast(spell)
        -- This should be at the top
        if (spell.target.distance >8 and close_range_ws[spell.name]) or (spell.target.distance >21 and ranged_ws[spell.name]) then
            cancel_spell()
        end
    end
    Third thing:
    There's no need for this in GearSwap. It will never swap gear back too soon.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by haruhigumi View Post
    I'm confused on how to do the following:

- On (SC) Line 149 - 166 I have rules that check for the existence of ammo that should only be used with unlimited shot, and removes them if the buff is not active, likewise if the ammo slot is empy, it equips with the default ammo. How is this done in GearSwap?
    for this, I would do something like
    Code:
    function precast(spell,action)

if buffactive.['Unlimited Shot']then
    	equip(sets.precast.Unlimited Shot)
    end
    This is besides your preshot, for ex the full code I have

Code:
    function precast(spell,action)
    	if sets.precast[spell.english] then
    			if buffactive.Barrage then
    				equip(sets.precast.Barrage)
    			else
    				equip(sets.precast[spell.english])
    			end
    	elseif spell.type=="WeaponSkill" then
    		equip(sets.precast.WS)
    	end

if buffactive.['Unlimited Shot']then
    	       equip(sets.precast.Unlimited Shot)
             end

end
    In a normal shot it will equip preshot gear set (that have normal tp bullet on it),
    On normal Shot, if barrage buff is up, will equip preshot gear set,

after that check, if Unlimited shot is up, will change the bullet to the one I want to use with unlimited shot.

Only way to shot that "special" bullet is if you run out of TP bullets, since every time you preshot it will put TP Bullets, to avoid this.. could add in the aftercast function, Ammo=empty or something like that to remove ammo after any shots/action

Guess others ppl have others ideas, that should do the same in the end.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    For the first thing:
    Code:
    get_sets()
    end

precast(spell)
         if U_Shot_Ammo[player.equipment.ammo] and not buffactive['unlimited shot'] or player.equipment.ammo == 'empty' then
             equip(DefaultAmmo)
         end
    end
    Simple Enough

Second thing:

Code:
    get_sets()
    end

precast(spell)
        if (spell.target.distance >8 and close_range_ws[spell.name]) or (spell.target.distance >21 and ranged_ws[spell.name]) then
            cancel_spell()
        end
    end
    So you can reference the spell.name direct as the index in I guess the 'array' (not sure what LUA calls it) and it'll just return the Boolean response if it's there? I been using array:contains(spell.english) in my if/then structure for equipping light/soil belts.

Third thing:
    Very nice, was actually watching it do the swapping with the equip window open.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

For the first thing:
    Code:
    get_sets()
    end

precast(spell)
             equip(DefaultAmmo)
         end
    end
    Second thing:

Code:
    get_sets()
    end

precast(spell)
            cancel_spell()
        end
    end
    Third thing:
    Using only this:
    Code:
        if (spell.target.distance >21) then
            cancel_spell()
        end
    will cancel any spell if the target is 21+ right? (guess will do.. just to confirm... yesterday Soloing AATT... did waste many WS 'coz the max-distance -_-)

actually nvm.. will use that original code... now I get why the close and range ws -_-... forgot Ranged have "close range ws" -_-

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Byrthnoth, one more question since you have Default Ammo, could there perhaps be something like a default ammo for different weapon types? Like if I got Eminent Bow in Ranged, use Tulfaire Arrow, if I got Emminent Gun, use Titanium Bullet, if I got Emmenient Crossbow use Dark Adaman Bolt by default?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 302 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast