Closed Thread
Page 13 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearswap Help Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    ..... open launcher.. go to addons.. active Shortcuts and Gearswap.. that's AUTOLOAD...
    I didn't "modify" any file...

and yea it freeze after loading all others addon.. coz they are the last one to load..

PS. I don't think I have any choice of what version of windower could use...not 3.4(coz nothing works on it) not 4.0 coz it autoupdate to 4.1
    Now if the question was about DEV version or not... ya I'm using normal one...
    Normal one here as well (it's 4.1, but that's what it updated itself to). I don't enable that many addons either, mainly just BattleMod, GearSwap, Shortcuts and Targetinfo on the Addon tab, when I enabled Cancel under the addon tab is when the game crashed on loading.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    Hmmm pastebind your lua. But that code you posted here is just the "gear sets" not the "rules" to use them.
    This is pretty embarrassing. First time doing something like this and I straight up copied it and edited as much as I could.

http://pastebin.com/QFGmkJBL

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If you guys are having problems with GearSwap causing deadlocks, restart your computers and post the file that was trying to be loaded the first time you deadlocked. It's not clear exactly why this happens, but it persists between windower instances somehow.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Since it only happens for me on autoload, don't really care too much, I multibox and my mules still uses spellcast. But my main is having random windower crash... Will stop using gearswap for a while to see if that's the cause, coz it's only my main windower.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Just want to say, I have had no problems with Gearswap at all, as a matter of fact I have almost totally gone away from spellcast now. Good stuff, thanks for all the hard work you guys put in on this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, I still don't know what is causing those deadlocks. I've pushed a new version of GearSwap live, though.

Features:
    * If you are using an Automaton, now you will have access to all the information that appears on the Automaton equipment menu. The equipped head, the equipped frame, base stats, added stats, attachments, etc. See Variables.xls for more information.
    * pet_status_change(spell) function added. It works the same way as normal status_change.
    * Added (and forgot to document) player.inventory, player.sack, player.satchel, and player.case. These are like buffactive. player.inventory.izhiikoh would be 1 if you had Izhiikoh in your inventory. player.inventory.shihei would be 98 if you had 98 Shihei in your inventory. etc.
    * Error messages from user functions will now occur in console and display the line of the user file causing the error. (also, error handling was added back to set_combine and equip)

Bugfixes:
    * Sleepga and Sleepga II would not cast, but now they will.
    * //gs export used to require a user file be loaded to export, but now it only requires a user file to export sets.
    * pet_midcast wasn't working for BST pets and Automatons, but now it does.
    * Using "//gs" used to throw an error, but now it doesn't
    * Equipment history was not properly blanking when you changed jobs, but now it does.
    * GearSwap was blocking Itemizer if you spelled out the full command properly, but now it doesn't anymore.

Shortcuts only had one bug squashed, but I might as well explain it a little. Shortcuts actually uses Lua's string.find to determine name matches, which means you can use patterns (and captures, not that they serve a purpose) when looking for names. I sanitize the target now so that you can't use this to make it throw errors.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post

Shortcuts only had one bug squashed, but I might as well explain it a little. Shortcuts actually uses Lua's string.find to determine name matches, which means you can use patterns (and captures, not that they serve a purpose) when looking for names. I sanitize the target now so that you can't use this to make it throw errors.

I wonder if that's why I been having trouble with stuff like /ja Curingwaltz3 <st> , but it would cure self before I'd have a chance of selecting a party target (ie: such as with Trust NPCs).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

No, but that should be fixed as well. For a while Shortcuts didn't recognize <st> as a valid target.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

No, but that should be fixed as well. For a while Shortcuts didn't recognize <st> as a valid target.
    Would appear to be fixed as of this morning's update in windower.

PS: I'm curious if it's possible to trigger on Trust NPC actions (ie: equipping cure potency gear when one of them is curing you etc), or if it's not due to them being more party-based than pet-based.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I mean, it's possible for me to trigger actions when anyone does anything to you (including monsters). The question is where to draw the line between useful/fair and exploity. Making party_midcast and party_aftercast would be fairly trivial.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I mean, it's possible for me to trigger actions when anyone does anything to you (including monsters). The question is where to draw the line between useful/fair and exploity. Making party_midcast and party_aftercast would be fairly trivial.
    Yea that's quite understandable, I was mainly thinking in terms of Trust NPCs, wasn't even thinking of other players or multi-box scenarios.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seriously, somebody help me...

What are the basic commands for GearSwap?

Like //gs load "file" or whatever it is. I can't figure out how to load a lua!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Eastaran View Post
    Seriously, somebody help me...

What are the basic commands for GearSwap?

Like //gs load "file" or whatever it is. I can't figure out how to load a lua!
    I make files named CharacterName_JOB.lua and they load automatically when I switch to that job. Like Vyvian_WHM.lua

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I just started using Mote's geo and I don't feel confident enough to create my own set names and rules. Does anyone have sets for nuking and m.acc sets for enfeebles and could post codes on how to add them?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I butchered myself up a monk lua(http://pastebin.com/zUajdwYE) based on Byrths examples.

atm I'm on MNK/NIN and I hit my berserk/warcry/aggressor macro and it prints my name in chat, and I dont know why. I thought it may have been shortcuts for some reason but I unloaded it and it still does it.

The macro is ;
    /ja "Warcry" <me>
    /wait 1
    /ja "Berserk <me>
    /wait 1
    /ja "Aggressor" <me>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

This should have been fixed. It had trouble when using spells that you cannot use (which shouldn't be used with GearSwap in the first place, it doesn't need fake spells like SC did).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Speaking of dummy spells, still using autoexec to count down AM3 and other buff durations, and its trying to use dummy spells still to trigger spellcast actions accordingly so it occurred to me, i should probably just add these countdowns to gearswap, any suggestions on how to do so?

The autoexec looks like this:
    Code:
    <register silent="true" event="gainbuff_Aftermath:_Lv.3">wait 120;input /echo [AM3: WEARING OFF IN 60 SEC.];wait 30;input /echo [AM3: WEARING OFF IN 30 SEC.];wait 20;input /echo [AM3: WEARING OFF IN 10 SEC.]</register>
            <register silent="true" event="losebuff_Aftermath:_Lv.3">input /echo [AM3: OFF]</register>
    <register silent="true" event="gainbuff_Mighty_Strikes">input /ma "Fire Spirit" &lt;t&gt; ;wait 30;input /echo [Mighty Strikes: WEARING OFF IN 30 SEC.];wait 20;input /echo [Mighty Strikes: WEARING OFF IN 10 SEC.]</register>
            <register silent="true" event="losebuff_Mighty_Strikes">input /ma "Fire Spirit" &lt;t&gt; ;input /echo [Mighty Strikes: OFF]</register>

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Code:
    buff_change(buff,gain)
        if buff == 'Aftermath: Lv.3' and gain then
            windower.send_command('wait 120;input /echo [AM3: WEARING OFF IN 60 SEC.];wait 30;input /echo [AM3: WEARING OFF IN 30 SEC.];wait 20;input /echo [AM3: WEARING OFF IN 10 SEC.]')
        elseif buff=='Aftermath: Lv.3' and not gain then
            <do whatever you did in spellcast when the buff dropped>
        end
        etc.
    end
    As far as letting people WS while not engaged, I'm not too worried about it. As mentioned, it also lets you cast in your mog house, gardens, and probably Mordion Gaol. I'm more concerned about that than WSing while disengaged.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Code:
    buff_change(buff,gain)
        if buff == 'Aftermath: Lv.3' and gain then
            windower.send_command('wait 120;input /echo [AM3: WEARING OFF IN 60 SEC.];wait 30;input /echo [AM3: WEARING OFF IN 30 SEC.];wait 20;input /echo [AM3: WEARING OFF IN 10 SEC.]')
        elseif buff=='Aftermath: Lv.3' and not gain then
            <do whatever you did in spellcast when the buff dropped>
        end
        etc.
    end
    As far as letting people WS while not engaged, I'm not too worried about it. As mentioned, it also lets you cast in your mog house, gardens, and probably Mordion Gaol. I'm more concerned about that than WSing while disengaged.
    Hmm adding something to the core like: if zone = "those you cant cast or do anything" then cancel_spell?

Quote Originally Posted by haruhigumi View Post
    The only 3 ranged shots that come to mind that's short or melee distance is Blast Arrow, Blast Shot, and Numbing Arrow. So I don't include them in the ranged_ws set. Ending up with the following set (excluding the Cor-only mythic):

Code:
        ranged_ws = S{"Flaming Arrow", "Piercing Arrow", "Dulling Arrow", "Sidewinder", "Arching Arrow",
    	"Empyreal Arrow", "Refulgent Arrow", "Apex Arrow", "Namas Arrow", "Jishnu's Radiance", "Hot Shot", 
    	"Split Shot", "Sniper Shot", "Slug Shot", "Heavy Shot", "Detonator", "Last Stand", "Trueflight","Wildfire"}
    And a final block that looks like this at the top of the precast function:

Code:
    	if spell.type:lower() == 'weaponskill' then
    		if (spell.target.distance >8 and not ranged_ws[spell.name]) or (spell.target.distance >21) then
    			cancel_spell()
    			return
    		elseif state.Defense.Active then
    			-- Don't gearswap for weaponskills when Defense is on.
    			eventArgs.handled = true
    		end
    	end
    Essentially only gets applied to weaponskills (as normal ranged shots can be up to 25'), If it's greater than 8' but not in the list of ranged WS, or greater than 21', it'll cancel.
    This good.. but didnt notice Coronach wasnt in the list... just did a AAGK... and was like.. wtf -_-... had to unload GS and load SC -_-.. I knew that was that command... after the fight.. did check and yea.. Coronach wasnt in the list..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

finally got around to gearing my nin, and have been playing around with mote's nin.lua. having problems with it picking up any buffs. haste marchx1 and x2 brava samba etc. i just tossed some gear in the sets to see if i could get anything to work, but my friend and I could not get it to work. any suggestions/help would greatly be appreciated! http://pastebin.com/EGS6WLQC

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast