Thread: Gearswap Help Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Code:
    function midcast(spell, action)
      if spell.type:find('Magic') then -- Should handle white/black/blue magic as an example
        if player.hpp < 51 then
          equip(sets.HB.Pre)
        end
      end
    end
    I would advise against checking hpp at all before the pre healing breath set is equipped, since a typical healing breath set increases your max hp, mine in particular is quite significant of an increase, not to mention healing breath can target other PT members/trusts, so you'd at least want to equip Drachen/Vishap armet minimum in precast

Although, I think now GS may have the capability of checking if your gear can actually bring you above the threshold, which in that case, it would be ideal. If GS can also detect party members' HP you could also avoid equipping Drachen/Vishap unnecessarily too.. hmm..

Edit:
    Does pet aftercast/post aftercast fire if your pet is stunned after midcast or amnesia'd? They can still ready if they're amensia'd for some reason

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I have a set I use for barrage. Since this is JA, do I put my barrage set in the .JA section with the pieces I use?

Also, I looked through the documentation, and really couldn't find examples of actual in game macros. For example: If I wanted to set up a macro in game for barrage, would it look like this:
    /ja sharpshot <me> <wait 1>
    /ja barrage <me>
    Do I need to have a line in the macro to swap to my barrage set -or-

As long as I have a JA barrage set, GS will swap to that gear when I hit the RA button? Does this need to be setup in the midcast? Can I use my Snapshot set in precast, then my barrage set in midcast before I hit the RA button?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to get an understand of how my current spellcast is setup and how I transfer that into GearSwap.

Thank you in advance.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt View Post
    I have a set I use for barrage. Since this is JA, do I put my barrage set in the .JA section with the pieces I use?

Also, I looked through the documentation, and really couldn't find examples of actual in game macros. For example: If I wanted to set up a macro in game for barrage, would it look like this:
    /ja sharpshot <me> <wait 1>
    /ja barrage <me>
    Do I need to have a line in the macro to swap to my barrage set -or-

As long as I have a JA barrage set, GS will swap to that gear when I hit the RA button? Does this need to be setup in the midcast? Can I use my Snapshot set in precast, then my barrage set in midcast before I hit the RA button?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to get an understand of how my current spellcast is setup and how I transfer that into GearSwap.

Thank you in advance.
    It's similar to something like this:
    Code:
    sets.precast.JA['Bounty Shot'] = {hands="Sylvan Glovelettes +2"}
    BountyShot for example is a JA, and that above only happens when you call the JA itself (because the JA and action are one instead of a buff, that above gives me the TH3 I want).

For barrage, you can do the above if any gear gives the benefit at the time of calling the JA, otherwise you might have to do something like this in post_precast (or midcast depending on where the gear has the effect) Pardon my spelling though.

Code:
    if buffactive['Barrage'] then
       -- The equips or other commands you need here
    end
    You'd want to put it in post_precast because the equips in precast won't override your sets.

Alternatively (check my sig), If the appropiate gear can be used for both Ranged Attacks and Barrage You can simply modify your precast or midcast for Ranged attacks (not sure if it's specific to Mote's files, or base GearSwap).

Code:
    	sets.midcast.Misc['Ranged'] = {
    		neck="Ocachi Gorget",
    		ring1="K'ayres Ring",ring2="Rajas Ring",
    		back="Libeccio Mantle",waist="Scout's Belt"}
    Obviously that's a lot less than what you'd normally see, so you'd fill in the gear as appropriate that you want happening during midcast of a normal ranged attacks (the same works for precast, which is normally for snapshot setups).

Unlike spellcast you don't have to set stuff like an aftercast delay, or manually set up the actions for ranged and such where "rules" would go, especially if you use Mote's includes to automate a lot of that from simple sets.*

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

PS: Something like this in spellcast

Code:
    <if spell="ranged">
        <if buffactive="Barrage">
            <aftercastdelay delay="5"/>
            <equip when="precast|midcast" set="Barrage"/>
            <equip when="aftercast" set="%status"/>
        </if>
        <else>
            <aftercastdelay delay="5"/>
            <equip when="precast" set="engaged"/>
            <equip when="aftercast" set="%status"/>
        </else>
     </if>
    Would be something like this in job_post_precast() (needs to go there or additional equips won't be applied on *top* of your precast sets, etc).

Code:
    if spell.name == "Ranged" and buffactive['Barrage'] then
       equip(sets.Barrage)
    end
    There's no need to use aftercast delays, since gearswap knows where pre, mid, and after cast is due to actual game data. (And using Mote's includes you won't have to deal with something like a %status rule, as it's automatic).

I am curious though what you would use for a Barrage set at the time of shooting.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'll get back to you on that when I get home, as I'm at work and don't remember all the specific gear I use.

The obvious ones are the Orion Bracers +1 hands (+2 shots). Since my normal TP hands are Manibozho with the Racc/Ratt/Agi path.
    And Desultor Tassets with Barrage+1 augment will launch an additional shot

I try to stack on as much Racc as I can to try an increase the chances of multiple shots hitting.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Yes. I use it in my sch code for figuring out current number of strategems available:

Code:
    	-- returns recast in seconds.
    	local currentRecast = windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts(231)
    Just have to know the id of the ability in question.
    kool, trying to do somthing for whm like this
    Code:
    function pretarget(spell)
    if na-spells[spell.name] then 
           if spellwindower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts(Divine Caress[ID.. w/e it is have to find it]) <= 0 then
    		cancel_spell()
    		send_command('input /ja "Divine Caress" <me>;wait 1.5;input /ma "'..spell.name..'" '..spell.target.name..';')
           end
       end
    end
    do you think this would work?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Assuming you're basing things on either one of Byrth's examples, or my include, or a derivative thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt
    Essentially you're confusing two types of JAs:

1) JAs that produce a static effect, but that may be enhanced by the gear you wear when you use them.

For example, Focus gives +20 accuracy. If I'm wearing a Temple Crown when I use Focus, the buff will provide +30 accuracy instead.

For these types of JAs, the gear should be specified under sets.precast.JA['JA Name']. These will be equipped automatically by the include at the time the JA is used (or by the default rules of Byrth's versions).

2) JAs that produce a buff, and then that buff in turn affects other actions. Gear to enhance such a buff needs to be worn when that secondary action is performed.

For example, Divine Caress enhances resistance against the enfeebling effect that the next -na spell removes. Orison Mitts enhance that effect, and need to be worn /when the -na spell is cast/. It does me no good to equip those gloves when I use the JA, so the gear does -not- belong under sets.precast.JA.

Instead, you'd want to use something in sets.buff. Unfortunately, since these types are very specific to the JA and the gear, there is no automatic handling. You'll need to adjust the gear worn yourself based on the needs of the buff in question.

For the above example, I'd have a set of sets.buff['Divine Caress'], and then wear it during post_precast (or after other equip handling is done in precast() in Byrth's) if the spell being cast is the type being affected. Uses post_precast because we want it to take priority over whatever default gear is equipped.

There is also a third type:

3) JAs that produce a buff that has a dynamic effect based on the gear worn. For example, Etoile Tights +2 are augmented to enhance Saber Dance, adding to the DA rate while it's active. The bonus they give is only active while they're worn. If you take them off, the buff goes away. However they don't need to be worn at the time of a specific action, but rather as a preferred piece of gear for your TP set. I would still put these under the sets.buff, but it would be added under customize_melee_set() (or in aftercast()) rather that post_precast().

Barrage is a type 2 JA -- Items that enhance it need to be worn at the time you make a ranged attack while the buff is active, not when you use the JA itself.

Also, I looked through the documentation, and really couldn't find examples of actual in game macros.
    In-game macros should be exactly what you'd normally use to perform an action. There is nothing special there, and thus nothing documented. The only exceptions would be for things that are intended as self-commands (eg: /console gs c update).

Can I use my Snapshot set in precast, then my barrage set in midcast before I hit the RA button?
    Yes, and no. You can use your snapshot gear in precast, yes. You can then swap to the barrage set on midcast, yes. However it's nonsensical to ask if you can equip that gear before you hit the RA button. It won't equip anything until you actually try to take an action.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt View Post
    I'll get back to you on that when I get home, as I'm at work and don't remember all the specific gear I use.

The obvious ones are the Orion Bracers +1 hands (+2 shots). Since my normal TP hands are Manibozho with the Racc/Ratt/Agi path.
    And Desultor Tassets with Barrage+1 augment will launch an additional shot

I try to stack on as much Racc as I can to try an increase the chances of multiple shots hitting.
    Far as the Barrage+1/2 goes, I'm not sure whether or not the armor must be worn at time of calling the JA, at the precast of the first ranged attacks, or at the mid-cast for it to apply.

In my gearswap file, you'll notice I have different sets for Midcast when it comes to ranged attacks, ie:
    sets.precast.Misc['Ranged']
    sets.precast.Misc['Ranged'].Acc
    sets.precast.Misc['Ranged'].TP

The offense mode that I can cycle Normal->Accurary->TP via the F9 button selects that automatically, but yea you should be able to create a sets.precast.BarrageShot and sets.midcast.BarrageShot armor set, including accuracy stack, and using the function above just apply it in job_post_precast, and job_midcast assuming on which pieces need to be in precast if any (the accuracy/etc can be applied in midcast, but I'm guessing the +1/+2 pieces are going to need to be in precast).

I'm curious if Mote's functions has a way of doing something like :

sets.precast.Misc['Ranged'].BuffActive['Barrage'] = ... so that the gear swap is automatic to that configuration under the active buff.

EDIT: Also the reason I mentioned "BarrageShot" as the name for precast/midcast is to avoid it being applied at the time of the Job Ability (Which may not be needed).

I just gave an example of how you would do it. You could probably have a function that would get your max HP when wearing your Pre set and set the HP value in a variable some where. I also didn't account for non 50% jobs like pld or drk.

so.... something like this

Code:
    function update_HB_threshold()
      equip(sets.HB.Pre)

-- most of these local vars and current_threshold would probably be defined in get_sets()

local half_thresh = S{'BLM', 'WHM', 'RDM', 'BLU', 'SMN', 'SCH', 'BRD'}
      local third_thresh = S{'PLD', 'DRK', 'NIN'}

if half_thresh[player.sub_job] then
        current_threshold = floor(player.max_hp / 2)
      elseif third_thresh[player.sub_job] then
        current_threshold = floor(player.max_hp / 2)
      else
        current_threshold = -1
      end
    end

function self_command(command)
      if command == 'update HB' then
        update_HB_threshold()
      end
    end

function midcast(spell, action)
      local magic_types = S{'BlackMagic', 'WhiteMagic', 'SummoningMagic', 'BlueMagic', 'Singing', 'Geomancy', 'Ninjutsu'} -- Not sure these are the right types

if magic_types[spell.type] then
        if player.hp < current_threshold then
          equip(sets.HB.Pre)
        end
      end
    end

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Cool, thank you both for your replies...I think I got the jist of it. Appreciate your time.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Barrage is a type 2 JA -- Items that enhance it need to be worn at the time you make a ranged attack while the buff is active, not when you use the JA itself.
    That being said, do you know if Barrage enhancements (ie: Orion Bracers +1 giving +2 to Barrage), is applied at precast, or if they must be worn at mid-cast too in order for the extra hits to be applied.

And if it is a precast thing, is it possible to have something like

sets.precast.BuffActive['Barrage'] = ... , when you only need to check for a single buff.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You should use s:contains(x) instead of s[x]. It may seem shorter, but it can backfire in certain cases.

Also, you'll want to define magic_types in the global scope, not inside the function. Lua is not smart enough to not redefine it every time again, which involves a lot of function calls.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Heres one: while not directly related to gearswap, is there a program or way, that I can set a folder (ie, my gearswap files) to update each other on two different machines? I have a surface pro 2, and my computer at home and having to transfer them back and forth isnt the end of the world, but it would be super cool if, say, I updated one, saved it and it auto synced with my pc at home so when I got home I could pick right back up without transfering files. ?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

I'm using Motentens luas but I can't seem to get PUP Maneuvers working. Is there something wrong with his default code? I haven't changed anything besides a few gear items.

Code:
    sets.precast.JA['Maneuver'] = {neck="Buffoon's Collar",body="Cirque Farsetto +2",hands="Puppetry Dastanas +1"}
    Another problem I am having is my sets don't seem to auto fire all the time with Motentens luas. If I WS on PLD it loads my WS gear fine, and if I cast spells those also seem fine, but afterwards it isnt going back to my TP set. Same when I enagge something, it doesn't load my TP set.

I must have something important wrong that buggers all this up, but I'm not sure what. I pulled his entire git in one go so I know all the files are there. The only changes I've made are to some gear sets, none of the actual code.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Dropbox or Google drive. Check my pastebin (in Sig I think) for instructions.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

As promised here's my SC barrage set:
    Needs some improvement, this is what I'm using atm.

<head>Uk'uxkaj Cap</head>
    <neck>arctier's torque</neck>
    <hands>Orion bracers +1</hands>
    <lring>Bellona's ring</lring>
    <rring>Pyrosoul Ring</rring>
    <waist>scout's belt</waist>
    <back>libeccio mantle</back>
    <lear>bushinomimi</lear>
    <rear>flame pearl</rear>
    <body>Orion jerkin +1</body>
    <feet> Orion socks +1</feet>
    <legs>Nahtirah trousers</legs>

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tanag View Post
    I'm using Motentens luas but I can't seem to get PUP Maneuvers working. Is there something wrong with his default code? I haven't changed anything besides a few gear items.

Code:
    sets.precast.JA['Maneuver'] = {neck="Buffoon's Collar",body="Cirque Farsetto +2",hands="Puppetry Dastanas +1"}
    I thought maybe the issue was sets.precast.JA['Maneuver'] since my old spellcast had a set for each Maneuver, but I tried sets.precast.JA['Light Maneuver'] and nadda.

I also tried sets.precast.JA['Maneuver: 1'] since recast shows that, but also no luck.

Any ideas?
    I PM'd him with this issue a few days ago. He's aware and looking into it!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    You should use s:contains(x) instead of s[x]. It may seem shorter, but it can backfire in certain cases.

Also, you'll want to define magic_types in the global scope, not inside the function. Lua is not smart enough to not redefine it every time again, which involves a lot of function calls.
    yeah, I probably shouldn't have defined them as locals, since they would probably reside in the get_sets() function.

on the S() functions, what is the advantage of using S{} over T{} then, I thought the whole point of the S{} was so you could use the if S[] as a boolean argument instead of having to do the :contains function. Just kind of curious.

also as an additional question related to pet_midcast and aftercast as it relates to DRG, how does that work with spells, does it process the aftercast function first and then the pet_midcast, I admit to a little apprehension as to whether it would work the way I have wrote it or whether you would have to add some form of code to stop aftercast from processing.

kool, trying to do somthing for whm like this
    Code:
    function pretarget(spell)
    if na-spells[spell.name] then
    if spellwindower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts(Divine Caress[ID.. w/e it is have to find it]) <= 0 then
    cancel_spell()
    send_command('input /ja "Divine Caress" <me>;wait 1.5;input /ma "'..spell.name..'" '..spell.target.name..';')
    end
    end
    end
    do you think this would work?
    I don't think so, you would need some table available that defined the id for Divine Caress for this to work. You possibly could pull the whole ability recast table and invert it to find the id by spell/ability name, but I don't really know how to do it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tanag View Post
    Sorry, I haven't pushed the fix for that yet. Maneuver's aren't JAs, they're Pet Maneuvers Commands. Change it to sets.precast.Maneuver and it should work (assuming the spell mappings are in place for the version you have).

The TP set thing I've seen before, but haven't figured out all the issues with it. It'll be fixed when I can work out the problem.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Question: What do i need to get started with gearswap? And what commands do i use to load files?

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 302 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast