Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 291 of 302 FirstFirst ... 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearswap Help Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Just FYI, I have found if you are using shortcuts also you can change lines like

send_command('input /ja "Addendum: White" <me>')

to

send_command('addendumwhite')

Works with spells too.

send_command('sneak')
    send_command('sneakattack')
    send_command('rudrasstorm')

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Just FYI, I have found if you are using shortcuts also you can change lines like

send_command('input /ja "Addendum: White" <me>')

to

send_command('addendumwhite')

Works with spells too.

send_command('sneak')
    send_command('sneakattack')
    send_command('rudrasstorm')
    thats true but there are people that do not use shortcuts and sence this is a forum for gearswap its best to do things as if your not using shortcuts

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I can't get this back to load right, augments stated wrong?

sets.precast.WS['Scourge'] = {ammo="Seething bomblet +1",
    head="Valorous Mask",neck="Light Gorget",ear1="Moonshade Earring",ear2="Brutal Earring",
    body="Valorous mail",hands="Sulevia's Gauntlets +2",ring1="Candent Ring",ring2="Ifrit Ring +1",
    back={"Cichol's mantle", augments = {'STR+30', 'Accuracy+20 Attack+20', 'Dbl. Atk.+10' }},waist="Light Belt",legs="Valorous hose",feet="Sulevia's Leggings +1"}

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The cape has 2 separate augments, STR+20 and STR+10. Equip it, do //gs export, and check under addons/Gearswap/data/export/ for the exact text

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    The cape has 2 separate augments, STR+20 and STR+10. Equip it, do //gs export, and check under addons/Gearswap/data/export/ for the exact text

Holy shit thanks a ton!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dlsmd View Post
    there might be a few issues with your code
    1. use priority not Priority
    2. start with priority=0

so here is the fixed code
    Code:
    sets.precast.FC = {
        right_ring={ name="Meridian Ring", priority=12},
        left_ring={ name="K'ayres Ring", priority=11},
        body={ name="Reverence surcoat +2", priority=10},
        hands={ name="Souv. Handsch. +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%'}, priority=9},
        ammo={ name="Egoist's Tathlum", priority=8},
        right_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring +1", priority=7},
        left_ear={ name="Thureous Earring", priority=6},
        waist={ name="Creed Baudrier", priority=5},
        head={ name="Carmine Mask", priority=4},
        back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10'} ,priority=3},
        legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Weapon skill damage +1%','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+3','"Fast Cast"+7','Mag. Acc.+7 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+7'} ,priority=2},
        feet={ name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+21','"Fast Cast"+4','INT+7','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+5'} ,priority=1},
        neck={ name="Baetyl Pendant" ,priority=0},}
    tho you might not need to use priority at lest i have never needed it
    Just out of curiosity, is it possible to use the priority function without putting in all the augments on every piece? Is there a way to do it without all the extra clutter?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by DaFang View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is it possible to use the priority function without putting in all the augments on every piece? Is there a way to do it without all the extra clutter?
    You could set the value same as with any other piece of gear, ie:

gear.OdysseanGreavesP16 = { name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+21','"Fast Cast"+4','INT+7','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+5'} ,priority=16}
    gear.OdysseanGreavesP1 = { name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+21','"Fast Cast"+4','INT+7','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+5'} ,priority=1}

sets.precast.FC = {...
    feet=gear.OdysseanGreavesP1}

sets.someotherSet = {...
    feet=gear.OdysseanGreavesP16}

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Can anyone direct me to a current tutorial will help me modify my lua? I am a returning player that hasnt played since spellcast. I have gone to windower.net but the tutorials there are not covering what I need. I am getting frustrated trying to reverse engineer the old lua files that are posted there as well.

I have been trying to figure out how to make spells equip specific staves for a while and there is a lot of older information around that isnt helping me much. I am wanting to use my magian accuracy staves for spells like slow/paralyze/sleep but am having a hard time understanding how to create separate sets for those spells.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Disable weaopn change while engaged

So I've been using Gearswap for the better part of a year now, but it wasn't until recently that I needed a function I'm not sure how to set up.

My RDM lua is set up like my other mages for the most part, ideal for the role of a <Backline Job>. I recently built a TP set, but I'd like to still be able to cast in it. Basically, I'm in need a function in my lua that says, "when engaged, dont swap main and sub weapons for casting so we don't lose TP", lol.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could assist me with this. Thanks in advance.

Campaign
    BG Level

There are several very articulated ways to do that.
    The way I do it is simpler and rougher and it's made in two ways:

1) When I engage I disable my main and sub slot, I re-enable them whenever I disengage
    2) I have an additional command that I activate with a hotkey. I call this "lockmode". When this option is active, I'm gonna keep main and sub locked even when disengaged, I use this for situations where I know I wanna keep TP between mobs and I don't care to accept the compromise of not being able to swap main/sub for additional accuracy/mab/whatever when casting spells.

Done the way I do it on my mage jobs is not perfect, but it's very very very straightforward and simple to handle.
    I can show you some example if you think this solution could suit your playstyle, otherwise I'm sure other people will be glad to instruct you on the more elaborated and better solutions to handle this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So my RNG lua is in need of more advanced eyes than my own- for the most part I'm quite pleased with the way I've pieced it together by learning/pirating from other luas, however, with the introduction of Oshosi gear now I am in need of defined sets for Double Shot. That wasn't a problem- the problem occurs when both Double Shot and Camouflage are active...it kinda shorts out and equips a wonky hybrid of the two.

Ideally, I would like to have a set that includes my full camo gear+oshosi mask for times when both buffs are active (only have oshosi mask now but that will change over time, want to be prepared). If that kind of specificity isn't possible, then if it at least would default to my camo sets when both are active, that would give me the most bang for the buck.

Here is my complete lua, midshot/midcast rules start in line 521 for fast reference.

https://pastebin.com/YKza9L9x

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

smn astral conduit

I am trying to make my dual wield char to efficient use astral conduit, is the below code workable? Thanks.

Code:
    if buffactive["Astral conduit"] then
    send_command('input /pet "Volt Strike <t>;@wait 3')
    end

Quote Originally Posted by Tronian View Post
    I am trying to make my dual wield char to efficient use astral conduit, is the below code workable? Thanks.

Code:
    if buffactive["Astral conduit"] then
    end
    the only issue i can see is
    this:
    needs to be this:
    send_command('input /pet "Volt Strike" <t>;@wait 3')

however i dont see why you need this:
    ;@wait 3

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by dlsmd View Post
    the only issue i can see is
    this:
    needs to be this:
    send_command('input /pet "Volt Strike" <t>;@wait 3')

however i dont see why you need this:
    ;@wait 3
    Ok thanks for the help.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm still struggling to learn to to set up gearswapm for my jobs. right now the most I can think to do is barrow other's lua and edit the sets to what gear i actually own and stuff, :Is that actually a good idea when I'm first starting off with gearswap?

Honestly I've been just using in-game gearset macros for my less complicated jobs like THF, but I'm definitely gonna still have to use gearswap for WHM and the mage jobs I level in the future.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Garris View Post
    I'm still struggling to learn to to set up gearswapm for my jobs. right now the most I can think to do is barrow other's lua and edit the sets to what gear i actually own and stuff, :Is that actually a good idea when I'm first starting off with gearswap?

Honestly I've been just using in-game gearset macros for my less complicated jobs like THF, but I'm definitely gonna still have to use gearswap for WHM and the mage jobs I level in the future.
    I'm pretty sure that's what most people do, at least to start. Looking at existing files in order to learn is a good idea either way.

Main thing with regard to files that are out there is that some (such as Mote's) can be significantly more complex, possibly making them harder to grasp. If that's what you're looking at or trying to remember toggles for, it might be beneficial to look at some other examples too.

Can someone explain some things about the coroutine functionality in GearSwap? Can I use an anonymous function for a coroutine. I've tried with functions that pass paramaters and I always get a null runtime error that says I didn't pass a function at all. I'm looking at doing an anonymous function for equipping exp/cp rings or warp rings that I want to make sure fires.

Code:
    function use_ring(ringtype)
    	local ringname = ''
    	local waittime = 6

if S{'Mea', 'Holla', 'Dem'}:contains(ringtype) then
    		ringname = 'Dim. Ring (' .. ringtype .. ')'
    		waittime = 11
    	else
    		ringname = ringtype .. ' Ring'
    	end

equip({right_ring = ringname})
    	--send_command('@wait ' .. waittime .. '; input /item "' .. ringname .. '" <me>')

coroutine.schedule(function
    		windower.send_command('/input item "' .. ringname .. '" <me>')
    	end, waittime)
    end
    would this work?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Syntax error.
    Code:
    	coroutine.schedule(function()
    		windower.chat.input('/item "' .. ringname .. '" <me>')
    	end, waittime)

Oh, thank you I accidentally had the / in front of input instead of item. I wasn't aware of the chat.input function. I wont be able to test until tonight or tomorrow, but I'll let you know if it works.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Also interested in this same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    So my RNG lua is in need of more advanced eyes than my own- for the most part I'm quite pleased with the way I've pieced it together by learning/pirating from other luas, however, with the introduction of Oshosi gear now I am in need of defined sets for Double Shot. That wasn't a problem- the problem occurs when both Double Shot and Camouflage are active...it kinda shorts out and equips a wonky hybrid of the two.

Ideally, I would like to have a set that includes my full camo gear+oshosi mask for times when both buffs are active (only have oshosi mask now but that will change over time, want to be prepared). If that kind of specificity isn't possible, then if it at least would default to my camo sets when both are active, that would give me the most bang for the buck.

Here is my complete lua, midshot/midcast rules start in line 521 for fast reference.

https://pastebin.com/YKza9L9x
    Having just acquired the Oshosi Vest myself, I'm also very interested in how to properly code this into my Lua, for when Double Shot is active on it's own, and when Camouflage is up.

Thank you in advance!