equip(sets.Engaged,sets.Sleep)
                  else
    	        	equip(sets[player.status])
                  end
    	end
    end

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I was looking into if there's a way to set up either in a macro or in the auto-panissimo to work with Daurdabla swaping in on third song without toggling to dummy from a different macro.

Right now it keeps on Ghorn for all songs I cast on others, which is cool unless I want to ballad, or something x3 to someone besides myself.

For the third song of the same type, would I need to make two other macros containing 1."/console gs c set daurdabla Daurdabla" and 2."/console gs c set daurdabla None"?
    Or is there an easier, more automatic command or code I could use?

Perhaps I'm all backward, sorry I'm not very experienced with this. >.<

Thanks.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You don't have to set daurdabla to None. After each song you sing, it resets.

The easiest way to be able to arbitrarily use Daurdabla for any given song is to have a macro like you noted as #1. However you should realize that that one will equip (by default) the gear set that includes +duration gear as well. IE: it's not intended for dummy songs that you intend to overwrite.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ah, ok that helps.
    Not that ballad1 with Daur. is awesome, but since it doesn't track timers other than your own if I'm doing pianissimo for third song on others, like ranger minuetV, or ballad1, I was going to set up a macro so it would use Daur with duration gear for the next song.
    I was just unsure the best way to go about doing that since it's for pianissimo songs.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

seems simple, but can't figure out why

I am using Motenten's templates. I have all the shared documents that are included, and I am using only the NIN and WHM templates.

Under NIN, there was set defined as

sets.precast.Step = {set in here}

which is triggered whenever I used any step when /dnc.

I tried the following because I want to swap in the same set for violent flourish as well, but none of them seemed to work.

Code:
    sets.precast.JA['Violent Flourish'] = {
    		head="Ejekamal Mask",neck="Ziel Charm",ear1="Steelflash Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
    		body="Mochizuki Chainmail",hands="Buremte Gloves",ring1="Dumakulem's Ring",ring2="Rajas Ring",
    		back="Yokaze Mantle",waist="Dynamic Belt",legs="Hachiya Hakama",feet="Mochizuki Kyahan +1"}
    and
    Code:
    sets.precast.Flourish = {
    		head="Ejekamal Mask",neck="Ziel Charm",ear1="Steelflash Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
    		body="Mochizuki Chainmail",hands="Buremte Gloves",ring1="Dumakulem's Ring",ring2="Rajas Ring",
    		back="Yokaze Mantle",waist="Dynamic Belt",legs="Hachiya Hakama",feet="Mochizuki Kyahan +1"}
    I feel like this is something very elementary and I am bothered that I cannot get it to work ><.

Quote Originally Posted by pcdavid52a View Post
    I am using Motenten's templates. I have all the shared documents that are included, and I am using only the NIN and WHM templates.

Under NIN, there was set defined as

sets.precast.Step = {set in here}

which is triggered whenever I used any step when /dnc.

I tried the following because I want to swap in the same set for violent flourish as well, but none of them seemed to work.

Code:
    sets.precast.JA['Violent Flourish'] = {
    and
    Code:
    sets.precast.Flourish = {
    I feel like this is something very elementary and I am bothered that I cannot get it to work ><.
    its because no rules were defined to equip sets.precast.Flourish or sets.precast.JA['Violent Flourish']

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You may need to use sets.precast.Flourish1

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    You may need to use sets.precast.Flourish1
    and there was light. thank you!

Campaign
    BG Level

Thanks to dlsmd and TSFFXI for clearing up my mind on a lot of things, I'm beginning to (slooowly) understand everything better.

There's still something I need to understand how to do though.
    Let's say I've defined a "table" of sets. Let's call it "Offensivemode".
    Let's say this table index has default value of 1 (the first sub-set in the table).
    There has to be a manual command to change that value to another value.

In other words what I want to obtain is the following.
    Having rules which return to a default set and making so I don't have to create countless rules but a single one which just says to return to defined set.
    Like in this example:

"equip(sets.Offensivemode[sets.Offensivemode.index[Offensivemode_ind]])"

Offensivemode is my table and it has let's say 4 different sets (1, 2, 3, 4).
    By default Offensivemode_ind is set to "1", so by default the lua file will equip the first set of that table.
    I want to dynamically change this value with a macro that I'll bind to one of my G-keys on my G19 keyboard.
    Like I press G2 and Offensivemode_ind becomes "2".
    From that point onwards, until I change the value again, that same line listed above will equip the set number 2 of my table, and no more #1 like before.

How can I do this?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Thanks to dlsmd and TSFFXI for clearing up my mind on a lot of things, I'm beginning to (slooowly) understand everything better.

Let's say this table index has default value of 1 (the first sub-set in the table).

Having rules which return to a default set and making so I don't have to create countless rules but a single one which just says to return to defined set.
    Like in this example:

By default Offensivemode_ind is set to "1", so by default the lua file will equip the first set of that table.
    I want to dynamically change this value with a macro that I'll bind to one of my G-keys on my G19 keyboard.
    From that point onwards, until I change the value again, that same line listed above will equip the set number 2 of my table, and no more #1 like before.

How can I do this?

Code:
    function self_command(command)
                if command == 'toggle TP set' then
                        TP_ind = TP_ind +1
                        if TP_ind > #sets.TP.index then TP_ind = 1 end
                        send_command('@input /echo <----- TP Set changed to '..sets.TP.index[TP_ind]..' ----->')
                        equip(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_ind]])
                elseif command == 'toggle Res set' then
                        Resolution_ind = Resolution_ind +1
                        if Resolution_ind > #sets.Resolution.index then Resolution_ind = 1 end
                        send_command('@input /echo <----- Resolution set changed to '..sets.Resolution.index[Resolution_ind]..' ----->')
                elseif command == 'toggle Req set' then
                        Requiescat_ind = Requiescat_ind +1
                        if Requiescat_ind > #sets.Requiescat.index then Requiescat_ind = 1 end
                        send_command('@input /echo <----- Requiescat Set changed to '..sets.Requiescat.index[Requiescat_ind]..' ----->')
                elseif command == 'equip TP set' then
                        equip_TP_set()
                elseif command == 'equip Idle set' then
                        equip_Idle_set()
                end
    Using this for example:

sets.TP.index = {'Standard', 'AccuracyLite', 'AccuracyFull', 'DT', 'DTAccuracy'}
    --1=Standard, 2=AccuracyLite, 3=AccuracyFull, 4=DT, 5=DTAccuracy--

If you wanna go directly to DT you can add to your commands:

Code:
                elseif command == 'dt' then
                        TP_ind = 4
                        send_command('@input /echo <----- TP Set changed to '..sets.TP.index[TP_ind]..' ----->')
                        equip(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_ind]])
    So you can make a command that directly set the variable to the set(number) you need instead toggle between all you sets to get to the one you need.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs
    OK
    So, for example:
    Code:
    Offensivemode = {"Normal", "Attack", "Accuracy", "CappedHaste"}
    Which is the same as:
    Code:
    Offensivemode = {[1]="Normal", [2]="Attack", [3]="Accuracy", [4]="CappedHaste"}
    Not correct. Or rather, you've skipped a step. There is no 'default value' in the table. The table is just a list of values.
    However, since you say "table index", it seems you're referring to some intermediary variable to point to a certain location within the table, and that you're referring to that location by index number (rather than value):
    Code:
    Offensivemode_index = 1
    Correct.

By "return to a default set", you mean changing Offensivemode_index back to 1?

The second half of that sentence is saying something different, though -- returning to a defined set isn't the same as returning to the default set. You need to clarify those separate aspects of what you want to do.

Like in this example:

You've skipped a step again. Where did sets.Offensivemode.index come from? It would be __index if you were referring to metatable information (and if you don't understand what you're doing, you absolutely should not be referring to metatable information). Or perhaps you're using it to intrinsically refer to the current index, in which case Offensivemode_ind is redundant.

Assuming you're using it that way, then:

Code:
    Offensivemode = {["index"]=1, [1]="Normal", [2]="Attack", [3]="Accuracy", [4]="CappedHaste"}
    The actual equip command would be either of:
    Code:
    equip(sets.Offensemode[sets.Offensemode.index])
    or
    equip(sets.Offensemode[Offensemode_index])
    Um, no. Again, you never defined what .index is. The only way I can think to use it is as I wrote just above, and that won't do what you tried to do with your above code because .index isn't a table (and thus indexing .index is invalid).

Do you want your keybind to only and always change the index value to 2? Or do you want your keybind to increment the current index?

If the former, your keybind would be something like:
    gs c set Offensemode_index 2

You also have to account for the difference between strings and numbers, assuming you want a semi-automatic handling of the command (which has to pull out the info from the string command, and then translate it into a numeric index).

If the latter, your keybind would be something like:
    gs c increment Offensemode_index

In this case, you're doing what I do with my 'cycle' commands, which is pretty trivial. Since you store the index rather than the value, you don't need to incorporate inverted tables, though I feel it adds a certain degree of obscurity.

If you're using Offensemode.index instead of Offensemode_index, change the above binds to use just Offensemode instead of Offensemode_index.

An example of how to handle this using the cycle method with .index (somewhat simplified, and doesn't handle all error cases):

Code:
    function self_command(command)
        local commandArgs = T(command:split(' '))
        local cmd = commandArgs[1]
        local arg = commandArgs[2]

if cmd == 'increment' then
            -- Assuming Offensemode is part of a 'state' table:
            if state[arg] and state[arg].index then
                state[arg].index = state[arg].index + 1
                if not state[arg][state[arg].index] then
                    state[arg].index = 1
                end

add_to_chat(122, arg..' set to index '..tostring(state[arg].index))
            end
        end
    end

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Having troubles swapping in different Qaaxo Leggings in gearswap. I tried and tested typing in the [1] [2] [3] before the augment description to work, but no dice. Just wondering if there is any way around this.

feet={name="Qaaxo Leggings",augments={"Accuracy+15","STR+7","Phys. dmg. taken -3%"}},

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you go back a few pages, there's a post by Byrthnoth saying the augment system currently doesn't work for some items.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Followup: I've updated to make it trivial to change to using the Terpander (just change info.DaurdablaInstrument and info.DaurdablaSongs in the user_setup() function). However it's only on the dev branch right now because there's still some significant differences between dev and live GearSwap.
    Just wanted to thank you for updating it so quickly for us. Very much appreciated.

Campaign
    BG Level

By "return to a default set", you mean changing Offensivemode_index back to 1?
    Eh, not really. My ignorance concerning this stuff didn't allow me to correctly express what I meant (using a foreign language didn't help either )
    Allow me to try again.
    Spoiler for wall-o-text

Spoiler: show
    Let's assume I have a default TP set on my PUP, by "default" I mean a set which I'm going to use the majority of time. Let's call it "TPbasic" for the sake of clarity.
    I use a WS and after the WS is done I return to my TPbasic set. I use a maneuver and it swaps to maneuver gear and then returns to my TPbasic set.
    All is fine.
    If for some circumstance I have to swap to a PDT set, I normally have this bound to a G key on my keyboard.
    Problem with this situation is that once I press my WS or maneuver macro, it would still return to my TPbasic set, whereas what I want to do is that once I press my "equip PDT gear" set, that set becomes the "default" one, and my "postcast" set after WS, spells or JAs, becomes the PDT set, and it has to stay like that until I decide to change it back again to TPbasic or another set.
    Same exact situation if I'm fighting something very evasive and I want to use my "TPaccuracy" set instead of my TPbasic one.

In spellcast I had no clue how to do this, so I went around the issue using different macrosets and sometimes different XMLs.
    From lurking into different GS luas I instead got the impression this is very possible.
    Like, something that is easy to understand for me, is the concept of "variables" which I used in TurboPascal or Basic (yeah sorry, I'm old ).
    With those instead of using "postcast=setname" I would use "postcast=X".
    And then make "X:=TPbasic", "X:=TPaccuracy", "X:=PDT" and change these with commands.
    This way the formulae for postcast are the same, it's the "content" of that variable inside the postcast field that changes, and I control that through manual commands and keybinds.

I mentioned postcast a lot in this post, but I think this is the only situation where it matters for what I want to do.

Do you want your keybind to only and always change the index value to 2? Or do you want your keybind to increment the current index?
    No I think I've seen this done into several Luas.
    They have like a command or something which "cycles" through the predefined sets.
    Each time you use it, it increments the value by +1.
    So you have to remember the order of your defined sets and move accordingly.
    I can see this as being cool if I were to create a table with 2 sets, but when you have more, especially if something I want to equip very fast like PDT, I'd rather do something else.

I wanna do something different. I want to have different sets bound to different Gkeys on my keyboard, and each key corresponds to a different set and that only.

Either way thanks Motenten and JSHidaka for all the useful information. You already answered a big parts of my doubts in this last post of mine.
    I'm slowly getting better.
    I'm ashamed for being so utterly slow but this all is very new to me and I'm not particularly receptive to "new things" lol

actualy thats not hard to do if you look at my mage staves include http://pastebin.com/QM1PXc1T

Code:
    	if command == 'tstavetouse' then
    		if Usestaff == 'Atk' then
    			Usestaff = 'Acc'
    			send_command('@input /echo ----- STAVES SET TO ACC -----')
    		elseif Usestaff == 'Acc' then
    			Usestaff = 'Atk'
    			send_command('@input /echo ----- STAVES SET TO ATK -----')
    		end
    	end
    but if you wanted to do it with seporate commands you could do it like this

Code:
    	if command == 'tstavetouseACC' then
    		Usestaff = 'Acc'
    	end
    	elseif command == 'tstavetouseAtk' then
    		Usestaff = 'Atk'
    	end
    im not the best at lua coding but this is what i would do

i have a question with my SMN.lua
    http://pastebin.com/sfCz1hWH <--i posted this so you could see what my code looks like

is this a valid way to change gear based on what avatar i have??
    sets.Engaged.none.yespet = set_combine(sets.Engaged.none.nopet, {main=[pettype.Summon.weapon[pet.element]]})

i do know that this works
    sets.Engaged.sleep.nopet = set_combine(sets.Engaged.none.nopet, {neck = "Opo-opo Necklace"})

i just want to know if i can call variables in set_combine like the former line i posted

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dlsmd View Post
    actualy thats not hard to do if you look at my mage staves include
    [cut]
    Ok that's to define the possible commands into the GS lua file, to make it "receptive" to those commands.
    And then how do you call them from the console?

"/console GS c tstavetouseACC"?
    Or like Motenten suggested, something like "/console GS c set TableName_index X", where X is the number of the set inside that table that I want to "equip" and turn into the current default one.
    Well... supposing I managed to understand.
    Really hope I'll get some time to actually test these things in-game this weekend.
    Lately I get so little time to play that when I manage to log I wanna do stuff instead of spending hours refining my spellcast/gearswap/macros lol
    Yeah I know, it sounds very lazy... it is!

Slightly OT, what's the purpose of "includes"? They were present in SC too but I never used (like to keep my files as straightforward/simple as possible, and tbh I didn't even use SC for all of my jobs)
    I always imagined includes as a way to create and define sets/rules in a single file, and then use those rules/sets in multiple job-specific files. So that if you need to do some updating/changes you do it in the central file, and then it spreads to all other files who use that main one as one of their "includes".
    Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Ok that's to define the possible commands into the GS lua file, to make it "receptive" to those commands.
    And then how do you call them from the console?

"/console GS c tstavetouseACC"?
    Or like Motenten suggested, something like "/console GS c set TableName_index X", where X is the number of the set inside that table that I want to "equip" and turn into the current default one.
    Well... supposing I managed to understand.
    Really hope I'll get some time to actually test these things in-game this weekend.
    Lately I get so little time to play that when I manage to log I wanna do stuff instead of spending hours refining my spellcast/gearswap/macros lol
    Yeah I know, it sounds very lazy... it is!

Slightly OT, what's the purpose of "includes"? They were present in SC too but I never used (like to keep my files as straightforward/simple as possible, and tbh I didn't even use SC for all of my jobs)
    I always imagined includes as a way to create and define sets/rules in a single file, and then use those rules/sets in multiple job-specific files. So that if you need to do some updating/changes you do it in the central file, and then it spreads to all other files who use that main one as one of their "includes".
    Is this correct?
    thay both do work the same work and would give you the same outcome but i prefer K.I.S.S(keep it simple stupid) even if i do use some not so simple stuff

as far as includes are concerned(you are correct) in spellcast and gearswap its a way to write the code only once but use it in many job xml/lua(respectively) with out have to copy all of it to each one