Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 56 of 302 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearswap Help Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    To add on to my previous question, is there a way for me to tell Gearswap to check how many song effects I have active and swap in 3song Harp when I have 0~2 active, but use normal instruments if I have 3 active?
    try this

put this in to function get_sets()
    Code:
    	buff.songs = S{'Paeon','Ballad','Minne','Minuet','Madrigal','Prelude','Mambo','Pastoral','Aubade','Fantasia','Operetta','Capriccio','March','Etude','Carol','Threnody','Mazurka','Sirvente','Dirge','Scherzo'}
    	songcount = 0
    and put this in to function buff_change(name,gain)
    Code:
    	if name == buff.songs then
    		if gain then
    			songcount = songcount +1
    			add_to_chat(123,"Song Count="..songcount..)
    		else
    			songcount = songcount -1
    			add_to_chat(123,"Song Count="..songcount..)
    		end
    	end
    i beleave i got all the buffs from songs if not you can add them to buff.songs

this should also output to chat the song count when the count changes

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    To add on to my previous question, is there a way for me to tell Gearswap to check how many song effects I have active and swap in 3song Harp when I have 0~2 active, but use normal instruments if I have 3 active?
    I wouldn't recommend this... what about if the party members got a song dispelled and you don't?

BTW Byrth it is possible to make an autoshoot code with packets?

I made this for my rng mule
    Code:
    function get_sets()	
    wstp = 100			
    auto = 1
    autows = 1
    autodecoy = 1
    autoshoot = 0
    end
    function pretarget(spell)
    if spell.name == 'Ranged' and auto == 1 then
    		if player.tp >= wstp and autows == 1 then
    			cancel_spell()
    			send_command('input /ws "Jinhnu\'s Radiance" <t>;')	
    			if autoshoot == 1 then
    					send_command('wait 5;input /shoot <t>;')
    			end
    		elseif windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()[52] < 1 and not buffactive.amnesia and autodecoy == 1 then
    			cancel_spell()
    		send_command('@input /ja "Decoy Shot" <me>')
    		elseif windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()[126] < 1 and not buffactive.amnesia then
    			cancel_spell()
    		send_command('@input /ja "Double Shot" <me>')
    		end
    end
    end 

function precast(spell,action)
    if spell.name == 'Ranged' and autoshoot == 1 and player.status == 'Engaged' then
    	send_command('wait 6;input /shoot <t>;')
    end
    end
    and was thinking if with packets is possible to optimize the time it shoot again

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    I wouldn't recommend this... what about if the party members got a song dispelled and you don't?
    Not sure how else to handle it. Only other idea I had was two separate macro palettes with the harp in every song for one palette, then normal instruments for their songs in the other.

BTW Byrth it is possible to make an autoshoot code with packets?

and was thinking if with packets is possible to optimize the time it shoot again
    there is an addon that does auto ra called AutoRA

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by dlsmd View Post
    there is an addon that does auto ra called AutoRA
    the one that doesn't work?

i thought it worked
    maby the command /shoot <t> needs to be changed to /range <t>

which is on lines 58,62,103

but i could be wrong

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm having a bit of a problem with my thf.lua.
    I'm noticing that activating my ws via macro is not causing any swaps and i have to do everything manually via menus to activate anything which makes it very difficult to actually take advantage of gearswap. Is there something I forgot? Pastebin below in the off chance that means anything.
    http://pastebin.com/HGd75dUU

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

the one that doesn't work?
    From ffxiah:
    There is a minor error in the autora file.

Run Notepad++ as administrator.
    Open autora.lua
    Change lines 58 and 62 from windower.send_command('/shoot <t>') to windower.send_command('input /shoot <t>')
    Change line 103 to windower.send_command('@wait 1;input /shoot <t>')
    Save the file.
    Reload autora.

yup that would do it

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by TSFFXI View Post
    From ffxiah:
    nice thanks

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Interesting behavior on the PUP.lua from Mote's files.

Deploy will report back the petInfoString but what I see is... funky.

It seems like the pet.head is returning "Coeurl Cesti" meaning the lua file can't detect what mode my automaton is in. Anyone else getting that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    From your description, I'm assuming you're using mine as a basis.

Changes I'd make:

1) Create a set named sets.midcast.Pet['Flaming Crush']

2) Rewrite the job_pet_midcast function as follows:

Code:
    function job_pet_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    	if spirits:contains(pet.name) then
    		classes.CustomClass = 'Spirit'
    	elseif spell.type == 'BloodPactRage' then
    		if magicalRagePacts:contains(spell.english) then
    			spellMap = 'MagicalBloodPactRage'
    		else
    			spellMap = 'PhysicalBloodPactRage'
    		end
    	end
    end
    Only change is using spellMap instead of classes.CustomClass. Set selection looks for spellMap -after- checking for the spell name (as opposed to CustomClass, which is searched for -before- the spell name), which means sets.midcast.Pet['Flaming Crush'] will be found (and used) before sets.midcast.Pet.MagicalBloodPactRage.

If you want to refine the ward pacts' set selections, just do the same sort of splitup that I did for the rage pacts.
    I went ahead and tried this. I created the Flaming Crush set like you said above and changed the function. When using Flaming Crush, this works correctly and changes into that set. But when I do any other Blood Pact Rage, Magical or Physical from any other Avatar it doesn't not equip the PhysicalBloodPactRage or Magical sets. I confirm this by doing gs showswaps. It's equipping precast for timer reduction then goes right to aftercast pet. Oh and by the way this is when my avatar is out and I macro /console gs c pact bp70 or use the ability through the menu. Not sure what the problem is that I'm doing.

Campaign
    BG Level

Thanks for the post JSHidaka, I've been away for a lil while during easter holidays.

This is how I would do the Saber Dance Part...
    Yes, I can see that working possibly.
    And the Saber Dance set which you talk about would be defined into something like:

sets.precast['Saber Dance'] = set_combine(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_ind]], {legs='Horos Tights'})

for the sneak attack/Climatic
    I would add in the end of you precast code
    Hmm... Not sure this would work but your rule gave me an idea. I could use that rule and do the same I've done for Saber Dance above, just for WS though.
    I currently don't use indexes for WS though, so I'm not really sure how to do this.
    Clearly there's gotta be a rule to add somewhere here:

Code:
    elseif spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
    			-- all weaponskills fall under this table
    			local wsSet = sets.precast.WS
    			-- if you defined a set for a specific weaponskill...
    			if wsSet[spell.english] then
    				-- then use that sub-table
    				wsSet = wsSet[spell.english]
    				-- if you defined a set for the current weaponskill mode for this weaponskill...
    				if wsSet[weaponskillMode] then
    					wsSet = wsSet[weaponskillMode]
    				end
    			end
    			-- equip whatever table we ended up finding
    			equip(wsSet)
    		end
    And actually, now that I think about it, buffactive='Climatic Flourish' and buffactive='sneak attack' should be two different rules.
    That's because AT THE MOMENT I would be using the same set for both (Charis Feather and Rancorous Mantle) but in the future, once reforged Empy armor comes out, I'm gonna be wanting to use reforged Charis head as well, for Climatic Only but not for Sneak.
    So, thinking about the future, I might as well put them into the lua as two different yet similar rules, into this "WS" part of my Lua.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Thanks for the post JSHidaka, I've been away for a lil while during easter holidays.

Yes, I can see that working possibly.
    And the Saber Dance set which you talk about would be defined into something like:

sets.precast['Saber Dance'] = set_combine(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_ind]], {legs='Horos Tights'})

Hmm... Not sure this would work but your rule gave me an idea. I could use that rule and do the same I've done for Saber Dance above, just for WS though.
    I currently don't use indexes for WS though, so I'm not really sure how to do this.
    Clearly there's gotta be a rule to add somewhere here:

Code:
    elseif spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
    -- all weaponskills fall under this table
    local wsSet = sets.precast.WS
    -- if you defined a set for a specific weaponskill...
    if wsSet[spell.english] then
    wsSet = wsSet[spell.english]
    -- if you defined a set for the current weaponskill mode for this weaponskill...
    if wsSet[weaponskillMode] then
    wsSet = wsSet[weaponskillMode]
    end
    end
    -- equip whatever table we ended up finding
    equip(wsSet)
    end
    And actually, now that I think about it, buffactive='Climatic Flourish' and buffactive='sneak attack' should be two different rules.
    That's because AT THE MOMENT I would be using the same set for both (Charis Feather and Rancorous Mantle) but in the future, once reforged Empy armor comes out, I'm gonna be wanting to use reforged Charis head as well, for Climatic Only but not for Sneak.
    So, thinking about the future, I might as well put them into the lua as two different yet similar rules, into this "WS" part of my Lua.
    You can't combines sets with index, the reason is that sets are defined when the lua is loaded, so it will take your default index on load. And for saber dance just put the legs, it will equip them on the set you are on precast,

For engage if you check the equip part have 2 sets inside (), equip(tpset,saberdanceset) so it will equip the TP set depending what index you have and then will equip the SD legs, is like the combine part... Or should be..

Campaign
    BG Level

For engage if you check the equip part have 2 sets inside (), equip(tpset,saberdanceset) so it will equip the TP set depending what index you have and then will equip the SD legs, is like the combine part... Or should be..
    Aaaah yah, saw that between () now. That's cool!
    Can't I use the same exact method for WS and Climatic/Sneak?
    I'm daring to say yes, sounds exactely the same, minus the engaged part of course.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Langly View Post
    Interesting behavior on the PUP.lua from Mote's files.

Deploy will report back the petInfoString but what I see is... funky.

It seems like the pet.head is returning "Coeurl Cesti" meaning the lua file can't detect what mode my automaton is in. Anyone else getting that as well?

This happens when someone breaks something on the luacore/resources side. I'll check into it.

Edit: It's broken in live, but has been fixed in dev. Dev is expected to merge by this weekend, so you should have a properly working version then.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks for the investigation Motenten. I figured it had to do with the resources, because I saw nothing wrong in your files or in the refresh.lua.

I look forward to the weekend!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sithel View Post
    I went ahead and tried this. I created the Flaming Crush set like you said above and changed the function. When using Flaming Crush, this works correctly and changes into that set. But when I do any other Blood Pact Rage, Magical or Physical from any other Avatar it doesn't not equip the PhysicalBloodPactRage or Magical sets. I confirm this by doing gs showswaps. It's equipping precast for timer reduction then goes right to aftercast pet. Oh and by the way this is when my avatar is out and I macro /console gs c pact bp70 or use the ability through the menu. Not sure what the problem is that I'm doing.
    I went through and checked things, and yeah, it won't quite work the way I described.

I've done a slight rewrite to allow custom spell maps per job, and put the physical and magical pacts for smn in there (and might update some of the other jobs to work this way as well), which makes it so that my described suggestion works fine. It's only on dev at this time, though, so you'll need to wait for the next dev>live merge (should be this weekend) to start using it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by vm0d View Post
    Code:
    function customize_idle_set()
    	if player.hpp <= 75 then
    		idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.MinstrelRing, sets.AccursedBelt)
    	end

return idleSet
    end
    i'm pretty sure customize_fcbarsong_set is wrong, but i'm not sure what that's supposed to actually be
    The way you wrote the customize_idle_set function is wrong. You need to declare the idleSet parameter that's to be passed in. Otherwise the entire function is broken. Like so:

Code:
    function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
    	if player.hpp <= 75 then
    		idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.MinstrelRing, sets.AccursedBelt)
    	end

return idleSet
    end
    The other stuff is just confusing, and I have no clue what you're doing with customize_fcbarsong_set (which isn't a function in my own files).

Thanks for looking into that Motenten, and having an update soon.

Closed Thread
Page 56 of 302 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast