Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 288 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 5751

Thread: Gearswap Help Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #141
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    15,967
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ah, true

    Okay, GearSwap v0.813 is live now. There are several changes that will have to be made to user files, which I'll list in order of most-to-least likely to mess you up:

    * buff_change(buff,g_or_l) - The second argument (g_or_l) is now a boolean. True means that you gained the buff and false means that you lost it.

    * precast(spell,action), midcast(spell,action), etc. - The second argument to these functions contained only one piece of information and it was about the spell, so I've eliminated it and moved that piece of information over to spell.action_type. Anywhere that you had action.type before, now you should have spell.action_type

    * midcast - Midcast now happens about 0.5 seconds sooner than it used to. If you use it for things like "if buffactive.sneak then send_command('wait 1.7;cancel 71') end" then you're going to have to change your wait duration.

    * verify_equip and force_send - These functions are both deprecated and will spam you with annoying messages until you delete their calls from your user files.

    I now realize that I actually haven't made most of these changes to my own example files, so I'll go through and do that momentarily.


    New features/mechanics:
    I have dropped little technical bits of this into the thread, but in summary GearSwap has moved to spoofing action packets (it creates the action packets, client does not) and some item use packets. By doing this, it is possible to make pretarget, precast, and midcast all occur near-simultaneously because I can control where the equip chunks show up relative to the action chunk. This means:
    * You never need cast_delay to make sure gear swaps for precast. (this is why verify_equip() is deprecated)
    * You will always get your midcast benefit even on actions that occur near-instantly.
    * You can do things that are normally not possible due to client-side lock-outs, like: equipping Twilight Cloak in precast and immediately casting Impact, canceling Saber Dance and immediately using Waltz, canceling Sneak and immediately using Spectral Jig (but you still can aggro sound aggressive mobs), etc.
    * The other improvements are minor enough that they aren't worth mentioning.


    This required a rewrite of massive chunks of code, introduction of a spell-specific handler, and a few other mechanics tests. Lots of thanks goes out to Motenten, Thorny, Cair, and all the chaps that reported bugs.

  2. #142
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,480
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Does this mean that we can equip fast cast sets on Tier 1 nukes and still be safe to cast in full nuking gear?

  3. #143
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    570
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

    Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    Does this mean that we can equip fast cast sets on Tier 1 nukes and still be safe to cast in full nuking gear?
    it means you can equip fast cast on precast for barspells and still cast them on midcast gear... (guess there isn't any other spell that cast faster then those)

  4. #144
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    15,967
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Yeah, can precast and midcast anything safely. I updated all the example user files now (including yours, Snprphnx - though I know it isn't the current version).

    Please let me know if you guys find any errors. A substantial amount of the code changed, so the probability of a few special cases getting through unnoticed is pretty high. Here's my issue tracker: https://github.com/Byrth/Lua/issues?state=open

  5. #145
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,480
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Cool, thanks.

    The same version SHOULD be close to what I use now, as far as rules go. I think the only thing we have changed was the sublimation language, and the GS issue with it now swapping out Maquette Ring, where you sent me the edited files (not sure if you pushed those changes live. )

    I'll check in the morning and upload my current version, including the edits you made to the sample version, to pastebin, and send you the link.

    Also, for the ranger file I sent you a link to, I accidentally set it to expire after a day, so let me know if you need me to resend it. I didn't get the chance this morning to test it out.

  6. #146
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    15,967
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Yeah, I didn't get to check it out before it expired.

  7. #147
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,480
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Sent 2 PMs. You can ignore the first. Second should have everything

  8. #148

    Again want to thank the folks for helping me, BLU lua is looking snazzy i hope, had just a few more concerns/questions.

    Code:
    function precast(spell,arg)
    	--Disable Ear slots if Reraise Earring is equiped
    	if player.equipment.right_ear == 'Reraise Earring' then
    		disable('right_ear')
    	elseif player.equipment.left_ear == 'Reraise Earring' then
    		disable('left_ear')
    	else
    		enable('left_ear','right_ear')
    	end
    end
    Can the above that locks earrings be moved out of precast function and moved to a gloabal level so any point in casting/status change will look at the Reraise Earring or will that cause issues?
    Reason I want to move it and not duplicate it for the status_change function is if I dont cast anything but engage the mob then earrings wont lock and would need to then re-equip them.

    2) I believe I read that GS now can tell which songs/rolls you have on and how many/type of each?
    If I wanted to create HighBuff situation sets that looked for X number of songs/rolls and/or type of said songs/rolls is that possible and how would that maybe look?

    Thank you again for any help with this.

  9. #149
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,527
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    @nikia:
    1) Requires that you refactor the code so that that check is in the path of anything that might change your gear.

    2) buffactive[buff] will return how many instances of that buff are present. For most buffs this will only ever be 1. For songs, you can check something like buffactive.march == 2 to see if you have 2 Marches active.


    For others: I've pretty much finalized my Include file. It should be stable, and I don't expect it to change much from here on. I've also done a final pass on the job files I've worked on so far to clean them up and get them in sync with my include file. I now consider them generally usable rather than experimental.

    I've got a half dozen jobs done so far, and am gradually working on the rest that I have. You can use those, or start from the template, which has all the functions that my include uses listed, so you can fill things in or delete them as needed. Feel free to use them, and let me know if you have any problems.

    Still need to make the documentation more useful as well, though.

  10. #150
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,079
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Yeah, can precast and midcast anything safely. I updated all the example user files now (including yours, Snprphnx - though I know it isn't the current version).
    How does this interact with Quick Magic? Would it be possible to get midcast gear on a quick cast proc'd spell?

  11. #151
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    15,967
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Good question, and I bet the answer is "yes."

  12. #152
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,079
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    That would be pretty amazing. The lack of midcast gear has always killed the appeal of quickcast for me.

  13. #153
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    570
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

    Hmm interesting, abyssea might be the place to test it lol..

    EDIT:

    Confirmed, it works w/ Quickcast

    Went to Empyreal Paradox as brd (my mid cast gear is 5/5 Empy gear, so each song give me +5 Stats), used Apoc Atma, and casted different songs till a proc of quick magic.

  14. #154
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    378
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    For others: I've pretty much finalized my Include file. It should be stable, and I don't expect it to change much from here on. I've also done a final pass on the job files I've worked on so far to clean them up and get them in sync with my include file. I now consider them generally usable rather than experimental.

    I've got a half dozen jobs done so far, and am gradually working on the rest that I have. You can use those, or start from the template, which has all the functions that my include uses listed, so you can fill things in or delete them as needed. Feel free to use them, and let me know if you have any problems.

    Still need to make the documentation more useful as well, though.
    Hey, I downloaded your DNC file, and I was scanning through it. I noticed that you have a precast for the augment for no foot rise, but I also have the Tiara +2 augment to add time to Trance. If I make a set called sets.precast.JA['Trance'] = {head="Etoile Tiara +2"} will that pick up automatically?

  15. #155
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    570
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvian View Post
    Hey, I downloaded your DNC file, and I was scanning through it. I noticed that you have a precast for the augment for no foot rise, but I also have the Tiara +2 augment to add time to Trance. If I make a set called sets.precast.JA['Trance'] = {head="Etoile Tiara +2"} will that pick up automatically?
    Yea, will pick up it automatically

  16. #156
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    60
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    @nikia:
    1) Requires that you refactor the code so that that check is in the path of anything that might change your gear.

    2) buffactive[buff] will return how many instances of that buff are present. For most buffs this will only ever be 1. For songs, you can check something like buffactive.march == 2 to see if you have 2 Marches active.


    For others: I've pretty much finalized my Include file. It should be stable, and I don't expect it to change much from here on. I've also done a final pass on the job files I've worked on so far to clean them up and get them in sync with my include file. I now consider them generally usable rather than experimental.

    I've got a half dozen jobs done so far, and am gradually working on the rest that I have. You can use those, or start from the template, which has all the functions that my include uses listed, so you can fill things in or delete them as needed. Feel free to use them, and let me know if you have any problems.

    Still need to make the documentation more useful as well, though.
    Where are you hosting your class files at the moment and the include? Are they on your google account with the spreadsheets? Gonna set up my 4 song bard soon would appreciate to see what you've done :D

  17. #157
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    118
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by ChronicCettness View Post
    Where are you hosting your class files at the moment and the include? Are they on your google account with the spreadsheets? Gonna set up my 4 song bard soon would appreciate to see what you've done :D
    http://pastebin.com/u/Motenten

    Mote - probably not by design, but midcast.Cursna is not equipping when casting Cursna, instead it's seemingly equipping midcast.StatusRemoval. Noticed when it wasn't equipping my Mending Cape or Haoma's Ring and the only way to get it to work was to equip them in the StatusRemoval set (which is not ideal, since I would want to use different equipment for the other status removals).

  18. #158
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3
    BG Level
    0

    I just downloaded WHM lua from Motenten's pastebin. I gear sets that I have and it was working fine, but then this error popped up regarding in the addons/libs/Functions.lua file on line 324, something about "Fn" that I don't understand about but only happens when I cast cure spells. Is there anything I have to do to fix this error pop-up?

  19. #159
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    570
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

    Motenten's Lua are nice... but not really beginners friendly...

    I would recommend to make your own, start with the basic, just PreCast/Midcast/Aftercast the big work is typing the gearsets.
    for ex. on whm, start just with Cure precast/midcast, works fine, move to JA's, Enhancing, -Na Spells, Erase, things that are "easy" to do.
    Then after everything is done(basic things) and working, can move to things like If weather/day is light to equip obi, if you are a DD WHM engage rules... It will take sometime but in the end you will understand it more than just using one from other ppl that if something stop working you don't know where to look.

    I'm not against ppl using others ppl LUA, I normally check them to see how they did some rules to get some ideas or even copy some functions I need...

  20. #160
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3
    BG Level
    0

    Alright thanks alot. I'll get started anew from the bottom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 288 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6547
    Last Post: 2014-07-08, 22:45