Closed Thread
Page 9 of 302 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearswap Help Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by |Heretic| View Post
    Mote - probably not by design, but midcast.Cursna is not equipping when casting Cursna, instead it's seemingly equipping midcast.StatusRemoval. Noticed when it wasn't equipping my Mending Cape or Haoma's Ring and the only way to get it to work was to equip them in the StatusRemoval set (which is not ideal, since I would want to use different equipment for the other status removals).
    Meh, that's a side effect of another fix I made. Fixed it, and updated. (note: only requires an update to Mote-Include)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvian View Post
    Hey, I downloaded your DNC file, and I was scanning through it. I noticed that you have a precast for the augment for no foot rise, but I also have the Tiara +2 augment to add time to Trance. If I make a set called sets.precast.JA['Trance'] = {head="Etoile Tiara +2"} will that pick up automatically?
    As JSH said, yes, it'll pick it up automatically. Also, thanks, I'd forgotten about that; added.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by ChronicCettness View Post
    Where are you hosting your class files at the moment and the include? Are they on your google account with the spreadsheets? Gonna set up my 4 song bard soon would appreciate to see what you've done :D
    As mentioned, I post them on pastebin. However sharing on Google Drive isn't a bad idea, so I added a folder for them there: shared here shared here.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Changed the folder I was sharing on Google Drive to here. Made it so that it was sharing a clone of the entire repository (uses Mercurial). You can download the individual files that are in the folder, or you can download the entire folder (Google Drive should let you download it as a zip).

Also created a repo on GitHub: repo. You can download individual files by going to the file on GitHub, right-clicking the Raw button at the top of the display, and do Save Link As...

Still not sure which method of sharing I'm happiest with -- Pastebin, Google Drive or GitHub. Only have to click a couple buttons to keep the Google Drive and GitHub in sync, though, as opposed to the manual copy/paste on Pastebin.

Code:
    	--This will handle Waist for Normal TP set depending on Ionis buff being active
    	--Caution with buff when not in an Ionis effected area
    	if buffactive.Ionis then
    		sets.melee.TP.Normal = set_combine(sets.melee.TP.Normal, {waist='Cetl Belt'})
    	else
    		sets.melee.TP.Normal = set_combine(sets.melee.TP.Normal, {waist='Twilight Belt'})
    	end
    	--Will change default earring for Normal TP when approaching delay cap
    	if buffactive.Haste and buffactive.March == 2 then
    		sets.melee.TP.Normal = set_combine(sets.melee.TP.Normal, {lear="Brutal Earring", rear="Suppanomimi"})
    	else
    		sets.melee.TP.Normal = set_combine(sets.melee.TP.Normal, {lear="Dudgeon Earring", rear="Heartseeker Earring"})
    	end
    	if buffactive.Minuet == 2 then
    		sets.precast.WS['Requiescat'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Requiescat'], {lear="Bladeborn Earring", rear="Steelflash Earring"})
    	else
    		sets.precast.WS['Requiescat'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Requiescat'], {lear="Brutal Earring", rear="Moonshade Earring"})
    	end
    when i try to make the above code a string of if > elseif > elseif statements It gives an end error. Do i need to have them all as if > if > if ?

Also was wondering about this:

Code:
    	--Will change to different Macro book and set based on sub job
    	local book = 7
    	if player.sub_job:lower() == 'dnc' then
    		book = 7
    	elseif player.sub_job:lower() == 'nin' then
    		book = 8
    	elseif player.sub_job:lower() == 'rdm' then
    		book = 9
    	elseif player.sub_job:lower() == 'war' then
    		book = 10
    	end
    	send_command('input /macro book '..tostring(book)..';wait .1;input /macro set 9')
    	send_command('input /echo [ Job Changed to '..player.main_job..'/'..player.sub_job..' ]')
    	send_command('input /echo [ Set Spells to sub job now ]')
        send_command('@bind f10 gs c tryweaponskill')
    Motenten was amazing and helped me with adding but, but it seems to be limited to when GS first loads and calls the file. I was hoping to set it so when ever i change sub job in mog house it will update accordingly. Is that possible with GS or do I still need to rely on AutoExec for job change events?
    Like always thank you all for any insight.

Oh and I have said it before you want to again, GS is just so so neat. Amazing addon.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikia View Post
    Code:
    	--This will handle Waist for Normal TP set depending on Ionis buff being active
    	--Caution with buff when not in an Ionis effected area
    	if buffactive.Ionis then
    		sets.melee.TP.Normal = set_combine(sets.melee.TP.Normal, {waist='Cetl Belt'})
    	else
    		sets.melee.TP.Normal = set_combine(sets.melee.TP.Normal, {waist='Twilight Belt'})
    	end
    	--Will change default earring for Normal TP when approaching delay cap
    	if buffactive.Haste and buffactive.March == 2 then
    		sets.melee.TP.Normal = set_combine(sets.melee.TP.Normal, {lear="Brutal Earring", rear="Suppanomimi"})
    	else
    		sets.melee.TP.Normal = set_combine(sets.melee.TP.Normal, {lear="Dudgeon Earring", rear="Heartseeker Earring"})
    	end
    	if buffactive.Minuet == 2 then
    		sets.precast.WS['Requiescat'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Requiescat'], {lear="Bladeborn Earring", rear="Steelflash Earring"})
    	else
    		sets.precast.WS['Requiescat'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Requiescat'], {lear="Brutal Earring", rear="Moonshade Earring"})
    	end
    when i try to make the above code a string of if > elseif > elseif statements It gives an end error. Do i need to have them all as if > if > if ?
    "else" has to be last in a conditional, so trying to do if -> else -> elseif -> else -> elseif -> else doesn't work. Also, you do need to have them as independent if statements if you want them to be treated independently. Like, if you changed it to five elseif statements and had Ionis (so buffactive.Ionis would be true) then you'd never make it past the first conditional and wouldn't adapt for buff level. The way you have it written now is right.

Also was wondering about this:

Code:
    	local book = 7
    		book = 7
    		book = 8
    		book = 9
    		book = 10
    	end
    	send_command('input /macro book '..tostring(book)..';wait .1;input /macro set 9')
    	send_command('input /echo [ Job Changed to '..player.main_job..'/'..player.sub_job..' ]')
    Motenten was amazing and helped me with adding but, but it seems to be limited to when GS first loads and calls the file. I was hoping to set it so when ever i change sub job in mog house it will update accordingly. Is that possible with GS or do I still need to rely on AutoExec for job change events?
    Like always thank you all for any insight.

Oh and I have said it before you want to again, GS is just so so neat. Amazing addon.
    It doesn't need to be constrained to the MH. Just change it to this and put it in pretarget:
    Code:
    current_sub = '' (up in get_sets())

local book = 7
    if current_sub ~= player.sub_job:lower() then
    		book = 7
    current_sub = 'dnc'
    		book = 8
    current_sub = 'nin'
    		book = 9
    current_sub = 'rdm'
    		book = 10
    current_sub = 'war'
    	end
    end
    Then it will check whether you're on the right set every time you use an ability and change you if you aren't. You can make this code simpler when we get event registration working in user files.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Shouldn't run get_sets() every time you change subjob? Though I see that you don't search for mainjob_subjob.lua (as Spellcast did) when refreshing, so maybe it doesn't?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It is possible to put variable definitions, such as includes, outside of get_sets(), so I don't want to risk partially reinitializing the user environment by running get_sets() multiple times. When event registration is possible, it'll just be a matter of windower.register_event('job change',function(etc.) end)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

No, I'm saying that when you change your main job, it does a complete reload of your script. Why isn't it doing that when you change your subjob as well? It shouldn't be a question of partial re-initialization.

When you have access to a "job change" event, sure, just call that instead when the subjob is changed.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Can GS do overlays using some function of windower?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I have no idea what you are asking for, Yugl.

Motenten, I guess we could do that, but Spellcast's reason for it was to potentially load a new file. GearSwap does not have that issue and I do not want to add something so fundamental to fix a temporary problem (event registration.)

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Can you display the last equip set over a transparent black box?

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yes, it can, but it could be made much easier by exposing the texts library to gearswap, and then just add texts = texts to the refresh.lua lib section to make it really easy. Then destroying would just have to be facilitated.

Then you could just do

my_text = texts.new('This is your text string!')
    my_text:show()

my_text = texts.new('This is your text string that supports variables. For example, your TP mode is: ${_TPMode|None}.')
    my_text._TPMode = TPMode

Every time you change your TPMode, you can reassign my_text._TPMode = TPMode and your text box would update automatically.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd really love to just leave my equip menu open while i fight, so I can watch my gear swap, and always be aware of exactly what I'm TP/Idling in.(Blinkmenot user and sometimes I forget to turn PDT,etc back off.).

Unfortunately, you can't open the macro palette with a menu open(someone fix that!) <,<
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Yes, it can, but it could be made much easier by exposing the texts library to gearswap, and then just add texts = texts to the refresh.lua lib section to make it really easy. Then destroying would just have to be facilitated.

Then you could just do

my_text = texts.new('This is your text string!')

my_text = texts.new('This is your text string that supports variables. For example, your TP mode is: ${_TPMode|None}.')
    my_text._TPMode = TPMode

Every time you change your TPMode, you can reassign my_text._TPMode = TPMode and your text box would update automatically.
    I aactually use something like that to display my current spellcast group on screen. Although I'm doing it via teh text plugin. which is really clunky and annoying to use. Time to make a lua version.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Time to make a lua version.
    It exists, as Cairthenn already pointed out. I think it was also exposed to GearSwap already, so the code there should work as far as I'm aware.

I've tried looking for the answer to this, but haven't found it. Is there a way to export a file of what you currently have equipped in GearSwap format?

SpellCast has "//sc exportgeat filename.xml" which made updating sets super fast. I would like something like this. Does it exist currently?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

GearSwap has an export command, which has a few options. (default):
    * (equipment)/inventory/sets - Exports either your currently worn equipment, inventory, or all of your sets table.
    * (lua)/xml - Exports it in either Lua format or gearcollector-compatible xml format.

So "//gs export" would pop out a table of your current gear in .lua format that you could copy/paste into your document. "//gs export sets xml" or "//gs export inventory xml" are basically just two options for making gearcollector files.

If you make a gearcollector file (and move it to your spellcast folder and name it properly) and use //gc <job name>. When it's done, you can use //gs validate. This will iterate over your sets table and tell you which pieces of gear you are still missing. Very helpful for finding spelling errors.

Edit:
    Also, I pushed an update last night that exposes automaton information in the pet table. The documentation has been updated accordingly. There was also an update to shortcuts that should solve a lot of the problems people have complained about.

Awesome. Thanks, Byrth. This (my laziness/lack of time to update manually) was the only thing really holding me back on switching to GearSwap.

EDIT: Ah, I figured out the issue I was having with export. It, for some reason, required me to have an existing Gearswap file loaded before exporting data.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Appreciate the work you've done Motenten.

I'm trying to learn lua but i haven't gotten around to it, so for now i'm trying to adapt your THF gearswap, and am curious if i want to make sets for Rudra's storm instead of Shark bite, how to do so since this seems to mess up the context with the apostrophe in the weaponskill name.
    Code:
     sets.precast.WS['Rudra's Storm']

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Use double quotes around the entire name, or escape the internal apostrophe. Either works:

"Rudra's Storm"
    'Rudra\'s Storm'

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 302 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast