Page 8 of 302 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearswap Help Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Ah, true

Okay, GearSwap v0.813 is live now. There are several changes that will have to be made to user files, which I'll list in order of most-to-least likely to mess you up:

* buff_change(buff,g_or_l) - The second argument (g_or_l) is now a boolean. True means that you gained the buff and false means that you lost it.

* precast(spell,action), midcast(spell,action), etc. - The second argument to these functions contained only one piece of information and it was about the spell, so I've eliminated it and moved that piece of information over to spell.action_type. Anywhere that you had action.type before, now you should have spell.action_type

* midcast - Midcast now happens about 0.5 seconds sooner than it used to. If you use it for things like "if buffactive.sneak then send_command('wait 1.7;cancel 71') end" then you're going to have to change your wait duration.

* verify_equip and force_send - These functions are both deprecated and will spam you with annoying messages until you delete their calls from your user files.

I now realize that I actually haven't made most of these changes to my own example files, so I'll go through and do that momentarily.

New features/mechanics:
    I have dropped little technical bits of this into the thread, but in summary GearSwap has moved to spoofing action packets (it creates the action packets, client does not) and some item use packets. By doing this, it is possible to make pretarget, precast, and midcast all occur near-simultaneously because I can control where the equip chunks show up relative to the action chunk. This means:
    * You never need cast_delay to make sure gear swaps for precast. (this is why verify_equip() is deprecated)
    * You will always get your midcast benefit even on actions that occur near-instantly.
    * You can do things that are normally not possible due to client-side lock-outs, like: equipping Twilight Cloak in precast and immediately casting Impact, canceling Saber Dance and immediately using Waltz, canceling Sneak and immediately using Spectral Jig (but you still can aggro sound aggressive mobs), etc.
    * The other improvements are minor enough that they aren't worth mentioning.

This required a rewrite of massive chunks of code, introduction of a spell-specific handler, and a few other mechanics tests. Lots of thanks goes out to Motenten, Thorny, Cair, and all the chaps that reported bugs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Does this mean that we can equip fast cast sets on Tier 1 nukes and still be safe to cast in full nuking gear?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    Does this mean that we can equip fast cast sets on Tier 1 nukes and still be safe to cast in full nuking gear?
    it means you can equip fast cast on precast for barspells and still cast them on midcast gear... (guess there isn't any other spell that cast faster then those)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, can precast and midcast anything safely. I updated all the example user files now (including yours, Snprphnx - though I know it isn't the current version).

Please let me know if you guys find any errors. A substantial amount of the code changed, so the probability of a few special cases getting through unnoticed is pretty high. Here's my issue tracker: https://github.com/Byrth/Lua/issues?state=open

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cool, thanks.

The same version SHOULD be close to what I use now, as far as rules go. I think the only thing we have changed was the sublimation language, and the GS issue with it now swapping out Maquette Ring, where you sent me the edited files (not sure if you pushed those changes live. )

I'll check in the morning and upload my current version, including the edits you made to the sample version, to pastebin, and send you the link.

Also, for the ranger file I sent you a link to, I accidentally set it to expire after a day, so let me know if you need me to resend it. I didn't get the chance this morning to test it out.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I didn't get to check it out before it expired.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sent 2 PMs. You can ignore the first. Second should have everything

Again want to thank the folks for helping me, BLU lua is looking snazzy i hope, had just a few more concerns/questions.

Code:
    function precast(spell,arg)
    	--Disable Ear slots if Reraise Earring is equiped
    	if player.equipment.right_ear == 'Reraise Earring' then
    		disable('right_ear')
    	elseif player.equipment.left_ear == 'Reraise Earring' then
    		disable('left_ear')
    	else
    		enable('left_ear','right_ear')
    	end
    end
    Can the above that locks earrings be moved out of precast function and moved to a gloabal level so any point in casting/status change will look at the Reraise Earring or will that cause issues?
    Reason I want to move it and not duplicate it for the status_change function is if I dont cast anything but engage the mob then earrings wont lock and would need to then re-equip them.

2) I believe I read that GS now can tell which songs/rolls you have on and how many/type of each?
    If I wanted to create HighBuff situation sets that looked for X number of songs/rolls and/or type of said songs/rolls is that possible and how would that maybe look?

Thank you again for any help with this.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

@nikia:
    1) Requires that you refactor the code so that that check is in the path of anything that might change your gear.

2) buffactive[buff] will return how many instances of that buff are present. For most buffs this will only ever be 1. For songs, you can check something like buffactive.march == 2 to see if you have 2 Marches active.

For others: I've pretty much finalized my Include file. It should be stable, and I don't expect it to change much from here on. I've also done a final pass on the job files I've worked on so far to clean them up and get them in sync with my include file. I now consider them generally usable rather than experimental.

I've got a half dozen jobs done so far, and am gradually working on the rest that I have. You can use those, or start from the template, which has all the functions that my include uses listed, so you can fill things in or delete them as needed. Feel free to use them, and let me know if you have any problems.

Still need to make the documentation more useful as well, though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Yeah, can precast and midcast anything safely. I updated all the example user files now (including yours, Snprphnx - though I know it isn't the current version).
    How does this interact with Quick Magic? Would it be possible to get midcast gear on a quick cast proc'd spell?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Good question, and I bet the answer is "yes."

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That would be pretty amazing. The lack of midcast gear has always killed the appeal of quickcast for me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Hmm interesting, abyssea might be the place to test it lol..

EDIT:

Confirmed, it works w/ Quickcast

Went to Empyreal Paradox as brd (my mid cast gear is 5/5 Empy gear, so each song give me +5 Stats), used Apoc Atma, and casted different songs till a proc of quick magic.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    For others: I've pretty much finalized my Include file. It should be stable, and I don't expect it to change much from here on. I've also done a final pass on the job files I've worked on so far to clean them up and get them in sync with my include file. I now consider them generally usable rather than experimental.

I've got a half dozen jobs done so far, and am gradually working on the rest that I have. You can use those, or start from the template, which has all the functions that my include uses listed, so you can fill things in or delete them as needed. Feel free to use them, and let me know if you have any problems.

Hey, I downloaded your DNC file, and I was scanning through it. I noticed that you have a precast for the augment for no foot rise, but I also have the Tiara +2 augment to add time to Trance. If I make a set called sets.precast.JA['Trance'] = {head="Etoile Tiara +2"} will that pick up automatically?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvian View Post
    Hey, I downloaded your DNC file, and I was scanning through it. I noticed that you have a precast for the augment for no foot rise, but I also have the Tiara +2 augment to add time to Trance. If I make a set called sets.precast.JA['Trance'] = {head="Etoile Tiara +2"} will that pick up automatically?
    Yea, will pick up it automatically

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    @nikia:
    1) Requires that you refactor the code so that that check is in the path of anything that might change your gear.

2) buffactive[buff] will return how many instances of that buff are present. For most buffs this will only ever be 1. For songs, you can check something like buffactive.march == 2 to see if you have 2 Marches active.

Where are you hosting your class files at the moment and the include? Are they on your google account with the spreadsheets? Gonna set up my 4 song bard soon would appreciate to see what you've done :D

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ChronicCettness View Post
    Where are you hosting your class files at the moment and the include? Are they on your google account with the spreadsheets? Gonna set up my 4 song bard soon would appreciate to see what you've done :D
    http://pastebin.com/u/Motenten

Mote - probably not by design, but midcast.Cursna is not equipping when casting Cursna, instead it's seemingly equipping midcast.StatusRemoval. Noticed when it wasn't equipping my Mending Cape or Haoma's Ring and the only way to get it to work was to equip them in the StatusRemoval set (which is not ideal, since I would want to use different equipment for the other status removals).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I just downloaded WHM lua from Motenten's pastebin. I gear sets that I have and it was working fine, but then this error popped up regarding in the addons/libs/Functions.lua file on line 324, something about "Fn" that I don't understand about but only happens when I cast cure spells. Is there anything I have to do to fix this error pop-up?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Motenten's Lua are nice... but not really beginners friendly...

I would recommend to make your own, start with the basic, just PreCast/Midcast/Aftercast the big work is typing the gearsets.
    for ex. on whm, start just with Cure precast/midcast, works fine, move to JA's, Enhancing, -Na Spells, Erase, things that are "easy" to do.
    Then after everything is done(basic things) and working, can move to things like If weather/day is light to equip obi, if you are a DD WHM engage rules... It will take sometime but in the end you will understand it more than just using one from other ppl that if something stop working you don't know where to look.

I'm not against ppl using others ppl LUA, I normally check them to see how they did some rules to get some ideas or even copy some functions I need...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Alright thanks alot. I'll get started anew from the bottom

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 302 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast