Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 285 of 302 FirstFirst ... 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearswap Help Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    Couple questions on send_command() vs. self_command(). I notice some luas use "send_command('gs c set treasuremode none')" and the like; is there any advantage to doing it this way, vs. "self_command('set treasuremode none")? Seems to me that self_command() is more efficient, or at least less typing.
    because sending the send_command("gs c set treasuremode none") triggers gearswap in full for self_command
    while self_command("set treasuremode none") does not

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    Second, I could have sworn I saw somewhere that it was recommended to use the @ symbol at the beginning of commands, i.e. "send_command('@exec warp-ring.txt')" What's the reason to do it that way? I tried it with a couple of aliases I set up and it seems to work either with or without.
    there are probably vary rare cases that you would need to use @

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks, any reason to use self_command over send_command ever, then?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They do fundamentally different things. You should never need to call self_command yourself from within your own Lua file, although I suppose you could if you felt like it.

self_command is the user-defined event that would receive the string "________" if you typed "//gs c ________" or "/console gs c ________" in game. It's designed for people to be able to trigger stuff with their macros, like changing TP sets.

send_command is a utility function that sends stuff to the windower console, like messages to be input into the game or other commands.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks for the replies, guys, very helpful.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

hey guys.

I've been having problems with my BLU GS profile since the update yesterday. I just used kinematics profile updated for my gear. I get the error: attempt to call global 'update_combat_form' (a nil value)

here is a link to Kinematic's BLU profile for reference

https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSw...master/BLU.lua

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sounds like something changed on the line "function update_combat_form()" or somewhere in that function - line 553 on the template.

I suspect it's something specific to you though, using the same base with some gear/logic modifications here and no errors unless I intentionally break that line.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ah. So it turns out I am in fact an idiot. Thanks Radec!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So I've been having some problems with gearswap + quick magic. Yes I know since its packets it should always swap stuff in for midcast in time, but I occasionally experience lower duration buffs. Especially noticeable when I use 5/5 t/n and I get a 6 min song instead of the usual 11min.

Here are the code parts that are of concern:

Code:
    	sets.precast.FC = {
    		main=Grioavolr_FC,
    		sub="Oneiros Grip",
    		head=Vanya_Hood_FC,
    		body="Inyanga Jubbah +1",
    		hands=Gend_Hands_Songcast,
    		legs=Telchine_Braconi,
    		feet=Chironic_Slippers_FC,
    		neck="Orunmila's Torque",
    		waist="",
    		left_ear="Moonshade Earring",
    		right_ear={name="Etiolation Earring", priority=1},
    		left_ring="Defending Ring",
    		right_ring="Kishar Ring",
    		back=Intarabus}

sets.midcast.Buff_Song = 
    		set_combine(sets.precast.FC,
    		{main="Carnwenhan",
    		sub="Genmei Shield",
    		head="Fili Calot +1",
    		body="Fili Hongreline +1",
    		hands="Fili Manchettes +1",
    		legs="Inyanga Shalwar +1",
    		feet="Brioso Slippers +3",
    		neck="Moonbow Whistle",
    		waist="Ninurta's Sash",
    		left_ring="Defending Ring"})

function midcast(spell)
    	if string.find(spell.name,'Cure') or string.find(spell.name,'Cura') then
    		equip(sets.midcast.Cure)
    	elseif spell.name == 'Cursna' then
    		equip(sets.midcast.Cursna)
    	elseif spell.type == 'BardSong' then
    		if Buff_Songs:contains(spell.name) then
    			equip(sets.midcast.Buff_Song)
    			if string.find(spell.name,'March') then
    				equip(sets.midcast.March)
    			elseif string.find(spell.name,'Minuet') then
    				equip(sets.midcast.Minuet)
    			elseif string.find(spell.name,'Madrigal') then
    				equip(sets.midcast.Madrigal)
    			elseif string.find(spell.name,'Prelude') then
    				equip(sets.midcast.Prelude)
    			elseif string.find(spell.name,'Ballad') then
    				equip(sets.midcast.Ballad)
    			elseif string.find(spell.name,'Mazurka') then
    				equip(sets.midcast.Mazurka)
    			end
    		elseif Debuff_Songs:contains(spell.name) then
    			equip(sets.midcast.Debuff_Song)
    			if string.find(spell.name,'Lullaby') then
    				equip(sets.midcast.Lullaby)
    			end
    		end
    	elseif spell.skill == "Enhancing Magic" then
    		equip(sets.midcast.Enhancing)
    	elseif spell.type == "WhiteMagic" then
    		equip(sets.midcast.FC)
    	end
    end

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Rudra's Storm

Hi guys, I've been away over a year and just came back so I started by going through my Luas to see if everything still works.

I'm having a problem with my DNC and THF luas. For some reason my Rudra's Storm sets throw an error: "GearSwap: Equip command cannot be completed. That set does not exist."

This works:
    sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {neck="Rancor Collar"})

But for some reason, this does not:
    sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {neck="Love Torque",waist="Shadow Belt"})

I looked around the web and found this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    //gs c showtp is a custom function specific to that user file.

//gs equip sets.precast.WS['Chant du Cygne'] would equip that set and can be used to equip any given set for the purposes of showing people/etc. Be aware that you have to use single quotes or escape double quotes (\") due to the windower console's text handling.

So:
    //gs equip sets.precast.WS[\"Rudra's Storm\"]
    but not:
    //gs equip sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"]
    and not:
    //gs equip sets.precast.WS['Rudra's Storm']
    But that didn't work (The lua won't load that way).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Full Lua:
    Spoiler: show
    -- User setup functions for this job. Recommend that these be overridden in a sidecar file.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Setup vars that are user-dependent. Can override this function in a sidecar file.
    function user_setup()
    state.OffenseModeptions('Normal', 'Acc', 'Mod','Fodder')
    state.HybridModeptions('Normal', 'Evasion', 'PDT', 'MDT')
    state.RangedModeptions('Normal', 'Acc')
    state.WeaponskillModeptions('Normal', 'Acc', 'Mod')
    state.PhysicalDefenseModeptions('Evasion', 'PDT')

gear.default.weaponskill_neck = "Asperity Necklace"
    gear.default.weaponskill_waist = "Caudata Belt"

-- Additional local binds
    send_command('bind ^` input /ja "Flee" <me>')
    send_command('bind ^= gs c cycle treasuremode')
    send_command('bind !- gs c cycle targetmode')

select_default_macro_book()

include('organizer-lib')
    end

-- Called when this job file is unloaded (eg: job change)
    function user_unload()
    send_command('unbind ^`')
    send_command('unbind !-')
    end
    -- Define sets and vars used by this job file.
    function init_gear_sets()
    --------------------------------------
    -- Start defining the sets
    --------------------------------------

sets.TreasureHunter = {hands="Plunderer's Armlets +1", waist="Chaac Belt", feet="Skulker's Poulaines"}

---- ORGANIZER GEAR STUFF HERE-----------
    ---- Fill this with stuff that needs to be here but isn't in sets
    organizer_items = {
    echos="Echo Drops",
    Remedy="Remedy",
    shihei="Shihei",
    dagger1="Vajra",
    dagger2="Taming Sari",
    dagger3="Taming Sari",
    dagger4="Shijo",
    Sole="Sole Sushi",
    sublime="Sublime Sushi",
    snk="Sanjaku-Tengui",
    Invis="Shinobi-Tabi",
    Pizza="Marinara Slice",
    Pizza1="Marinara Slice +1",
    CpRing="Trizek Ring",
    CpRing2="Capacity Ring",
    }
    -- Precast Sets

-- Precast sets to enhance JAs
    sets.precast.JA['Collaborator'] = {head="Skulker's Bonnet +1"}
    sets.precast.JA['Accomplice'] = {head="Skulker's Bonnet +1"}
    sets.precast.JA['Flee'] = {feet="Pillager's Poulaines"}
    sets.precast.JA['Hide'] = {body="Pillager's Vest +1"}
    sets.precast.JA['Conspirator'] = {body="Raider's Vest +2"}
    sets.precast.JA['Steal'] = {head="Plunderer's Bonnet",hands="Pillager's Armlets +1",legs="Pillager's Culottes +1",feet="Pillager's Poulaines +1"}
    sets.precast.JA['Despoil'] = {legs="Raider's Culottes +2",feet="Skulker's Poulaines"}
    sets.precast.JA['Perfect Dodge'] = {hands="Plunderer's Armlets +1"}
    sets.precast.JA['Feint'] = {} -- {legs="Assassin's Culottes +2"}

sets.precast.JA['Sneak Attack'] = {"Hasty Pinion +1",
    head="Adhemar Bonnet",neck="Love Torque",ear1="Moonshade Earring",ear2="Ishvara Earring",
    body="Pillager's Vest +1",hands="Adhemar Wristbands",ring1="Rajas Ring",ring2="Ramuh Ring",
    back="Canny Cape",waist="Caudata Belt",legs="Lustratio Tights",feet=gear.AccHercFeet}

sets.precast.JA['Trick Attack'] = {
    head="Adhemar Bonnet",neck="Love Torque",ear1="Moonshade Earring",ear2="Ishvara Earring",
    body="Pillager's Vest +1",hands="Adhemar Wristbands",ring1="Rajas Ring",ring2="Epona's Ring",
    back="Canny Cape",waist="Eschan Stone",legs="Samnuha Tights",feet=gear.AccHercFeet}

-- Waltz set (chr and vit)
    sets.precast.Waltz = {
    hands="Buremte Gloves",ring1="Kunaji Ring",
    back="Iximulew Cape", waist= "Gishdubar Belt", legs="Kaabnax Trousers"}

-- Don't need any special gear for Healing Waltz.
    sets.precast.Waltz['Healing Waltz'] = {}

-- Fast cast sets for spells

sets.precast.FC = {head="Haruspex Hat",neck="Voltsurge Torque",ear2="Loquacious Earring",body="Samnuha Coat", hands="Leyline Gloves",ring1="Prolix Ring",legs="Kaabnax Trousers", feet="Qaaxo Leggings"}

sets.precast.FC.Utsusemi = set_combine(sets.precast.FC, {neck="Magoraga Beads"})

-- Ranged snapshot gear
    sets.precast.RA = {head="Aurore Beret",hands="Iuitl Wristbands",legs="Nahtirah Trousers",feet="Wurrukatte Boots"}

-- Weaponskill sets
    -- Default set for any weaponskill that isn't any more specifically defined
    gear.default.weaponskill_neck = "Love Torque"
    gear.default.weaponskill_waist = "Caudata Belt"
    sets.precast.WS = {ammo="Yetshila",
    body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands="Adhemar Wristbands",ring1="Ramuh Ring",ring2="Ramuh Ring +1",
    back="Toutatis's Cape",waist="Caudata Belt",legs="Lustratio Subligar",feet="Adhemar Gamashes" }
    sets.precast.WS.Acc = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {ammo="Honed Tathlum", back="Canny Cape"})

-- Specific weaponskill sets. Uses the base set if an appropriate WSMod version isn't found.
    sets.precast.WS['Exenterator'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {ring1="Breeze Ring",hands="Thurandaut gloves +1", legs="Nahtirah Trousers", feet="Aetosaur ledelsens",waist=gear.ElementalBelt})
    sets.precast.WS['Exenterator'].Acc = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Exenterator'], {ammo="Honed Tathlum", back="Letalis Mantle"})
    sets.precast.WS['Exenterator'].Mod = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Exenterator'], {head="Felistris Mask",waist=gear.ElementalBelt})
    sets.precast.WS['Exenterator'].SA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Exenterator'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila"})
    sets.precast.WS['Exenterator'].TA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Exenterator'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila"})
    sets.precast.WS['Exenterator'].SATA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Exenterator'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila"})

sets.precast.WS['Dancing Edge'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {})
    sets.precast.WS['Dancing Edge'].Acc = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Dancing Edge'], {neck="Love Torque",ammo="Honed Tathlum", back="Letalis Mantle"})
    sets.precast.WS['Dancing Edge'].Mod = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Dancing Edge'], {waist=gear.ElementalBelt})
    sets.precast.WS['Dancing Edge'].SA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Dancing Edge'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila"})
    sets.precast.WS['Dancing Edge'].TA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Dancing Edge'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila"})
    sets.precast.WS['Dancing Edge'].SATA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Dancing Edge'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila"})

sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {neck="Rancor Collar"})
    sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'].Acc = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'], {neck="Love Torque",ammo="Honed Tathlum", back="Letalis Mantle"})
    sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'].Mod = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'], {waist=gear.ElementalBelt})
    sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'].SA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'].Mod, {})
    sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'].TA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'].Mod, {})
    sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'].SATA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Evisceration'].Mod, {})

sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {neck="Love Torque",waist="Shadow Belt"})
    sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].Acc = set_combine(sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"], {})
    sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].Mod = set_combine(sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"], {waist=gear.ElementalBelt})
    sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].SA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila",neck="Caro Necklace",body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands=gear.WSHe rcHands, waist="Prosilio Belt +1",feet="Adhemar Gamashes"})
    sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].TA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila",neck="Caro Necklace",body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands=gear.WSHe rcHands, waist="Prosilio Belt +1",feet="Adhemar Gamashes"})
    sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].SATA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila",neck="Caro Necklace",body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands=gear.WSHe rcHands, waist="Prosilio Belt +1",feet="Adhemar Gamashes"})

sets.precast.WS["Shark Bite"] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {head="Pillager's Bonnet +1",ear1="Steelflash earring",ear2="Bladeborn earring"})
    sets.precast.WS['Shark Bite'].Acc = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Shark Bite'], {ammo="Honed Tathlum", back="Letalis Mantle"})
    sets.precast.WS['Shark Bite'].Mod = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Shark Bite'], {waist=gear.ElementalBelt})
    sets.precast.WS['Shark Bite'].SA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Shark Bite'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila",neck="Caro Necklace",body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands=gear.WSHe rcHands, waist="Prosilio Belt +1",feet="Adhemar Gamashes"})
    sets.precast.WS['Shark Bite'].TA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Shark Bite'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila",neck="Caro Necklace",body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands=gear.WSHe rcHands, waist="Prosilio Belt +1",feet="Adhemar Gamashes"})
    sets.precast.WS['Shark Bite'].SATA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Shark Bite'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila",neck="Caro Necklace",body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands=gear.WSHe rcHands, waist="Prosilio Belt +1",feet="Adhemar Gamashes"})

sets.precast.WS['Mandalic Stab'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {})
    sets.precast.WS['Mandalic Stab'].Acc = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Mandalic Stab'], {ammo="Honed Tathlum"})
    sets.precast.WS['Mandalic Stab'].Mod = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Mandalic Stab'], {waist=gear.ElementalBelt})
    sets.precast.WS['Mandalic Stab'].SA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Mandalic Stab'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila",neck="Caro Necklace",body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands=gear.WSHe rcHands, waist="Prosilio Belt +1",feet="Adhemar Gamashes"})
    sets.precast.WS['Mandalic Stab'].TA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Mandalic Stab'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila",neck="Caro Necklace",body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands=gear.WSHe rcHands, waist="Prosilio Belt +1",feet="Adhemar Gamashes"})
    sets.precast.WS['Mandalic Stab'].SATA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Mandalic Stab'].Mod, {ammo="Yetshila",neck="Caro Necklace",body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands=gear.WSHe rcHands, waist="Prosilio Belt +1",feet="Adhemar Gamashes"})

sets.precast.WS['Aeolian Edge'] = {ammo="Jukukik Feather",
    head="Skormoth Mask",neck="Stoicheion Medal",ear1="Friomisi Earring",ear2="Hecate's Earring",
    body="Pillager's Vest +1",hands="Plunderer's Armlets +1",ring1="Rajas Ring",ring2="Demon's Ring",
    back="Toro Cape",waist="Chaac Belt",legs="Iuitl Tights",feet="Aetosaur ledelsens"}

-- Midcast Sets

sets.midcast.FastRecast = {
    head=gear.AccHercHead,neck="Voltsurge Torque",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
    body="Samnuha Coat",hands="Leyline Gloves", ring1=gear.DarkRing.physical, ring2="Defending Ring",
    back="Solemnity Cape", waist="Flume Belt",legs=gear.AccHercLegs,feet=gear.AccHercFeet}

-- Specific spells
    sets.midcast.Utsusemi = {
    head=gear.AccHercHead,neck="Voltsurge Torque",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
    body="Samnuha Coat",hands="Leyline Gloves", ring1=gear.DarkRing.physical, ring2="Defending Ring",
    back="Solemnity Cape", waist="Flume Belt",legs=gear.AccHercLegs,feet=gear.AccHercFeet}

-- Ranged gear
    sets.midcast.RA = {
    head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Ej Necklace",ear1="Clearview Earring",ear2="Volley Earring",
    body="Iuitl Vest",hands="Adhemar Wristbands",ring1="Beeline Ring",ring2="Hajduk Ring",
    back="Libeccio Mantle",waist="Aquiline Belt",legs="Nahtirah Trousers",feet="Iuitl Gaiters +1"}

sets.midcast.RA.Acc = {
    head="Pillager's Bonnet +1",neck="Ej Necklace",ear1="Clearview Earring",ear2="Volley Earring",
    body="Iuitl Vest",hands="Adhemar Wristbands",ring1="Beeline Ring",ring2="Hajduk Ring",
    back="Libeccio Mantle",waist="Aquiline Belt",legs="Thurandaut Tights +1",feet="Pillager's Poulaines +1"}

sets.midcast.RA.TH = set_combine(sets.midcast.RA, sets.TreasureHunter)

sets.midcast.RA.TH.Acc = set_combine(sets.midcast.RA.Acc, sets.TreasureHunter)

-- Sets to return to when not performing an action.

-- Resting sets
    sets.resting = {head="Ocelomeh Headpiece +1",neck="Wiglen Gorget",
    ring1="Sheltered Ring",ring2="Paguroidea Ring"}

-- Idle sets (default idle set not needed since the other three are defined, but leaving for testing purposes)

sets.idle = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
    head="Skulker's Bonnet +1",neck="Ej Necklace",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
    body=gear.AccAdhemarBody,hands="Adhemar Wristbands",ring1="Ramuh Ring +1",ring2="Epona's Ring",
    back="Canny Cape",waist="Eschan Stone",legs="Samnuha Tights",feet=gear.AccHercFeet}

sets.idle.Town = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
    head="Skulker's Bonnet +1",neck="Ej Necklace",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
    body=gear.AccAdhemarBody,hands="Adhemar Wristbands",ring1="Ramuh Ring +1",ring2="Epona's Ring",
    back="Canny Cape",waist="Eschan Stone",legs="Samnuha Tights",feet="Skadi's Jambeaux +1"}

sets.idle.Weak = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
    head="Skormoth Mask",neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Dudgeon Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
    body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands="Floral Gauntlets",ring1=gear.DarkRing.physical,ring2="Def ending Ring",
    back="Canny Cape",waist="Flume Belt",legs=gear.TPTaeonLegs,feet="Qaaxo Leggings"}

sets.ExtraRegen = {head="Ocelomeh Headpiece +1"}

-- Defense sets

sets.defense.Evasion = {
    head="Uk'uxkaj cap",neck="Ej Necklace",
    body="Qaaxo Harness",hands="Plunderer's Armlets +1",ring1="Beeline Ring",ring2=gear.DarkRing.physical,
    back="Canny Cape",waist="Flume Belt",legs="Kaabnax Trousers",feet="Aetosaur ledelsens"}

sets.defense.PDT = {
    head="Uk'uxkaj cap",neck="Twilight Torque",
    body="Onca Suit",ring1=gear.DarkRing.physical,ring2="Defendin g Ring",
    back="Solemnity Cape",waist="Flume Belt"}

sets.defense.MDT = {
    head="Skormoth Mask",neck="Twilight Torque",
    body="Onca Suit",ring1=gear.DarkRing.magical,ring2="Defending Ring",
    back="Solemnity Cape",waist="Kentarch Belt"}

sets.Kiting = {feet="Fajin Boots"}

-- Engaged sets

-- Variations for TP weapon and (optional) offense/defense modes. Code will fall back on previous
    -- sets if more refined versions aren't defined.
    -- If you create a set with both offense and defense modes, the offense mode should be first.
    -- EG: sets.engaged.Dagger.Accuracy.Evasion

-- Normal melee group
    sets.engaged = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
    head=gear.AccHercHead,neck="Ej Necklace",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
    back="Toutatis's Cape",waist="Eschan Stone",legs="Samnuha Tights",feet=gear.AccHercFeet}

sets.engaged.Acc = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
    head=gear.AccHercHead,neck="Ej Necklace",ear1="Dudgeon Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
    body=gear.AccAdhemarBody,hands="Adhemar Wristbands",ring1="Ramuh Ring +1",ring2="Yacuruna Ring",
    back="Toutatis's Cape",waist="Eschan Stone",legs="Samnuha Tights",feet=gear.AccHercFeet}

sets.engaged.Mod = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
    head="Skulker's Bonnet +1",neck="Clotharius Torque",ear1="Dudgeon Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
    body=gear.AccAdhemarBody,hands="Floral Gauntlets",ring1="Yacuruna Ring",ring2="Ramuh Ring +1",

sets.engaged.Fodder = {ammo="Yetshila",
    head="Skulker's Bonnet +1",neck="Clotharius Torque",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
    body=gear.AttAdhemarBody,hands="Adhemar Wristbands",ring1="Rajas Ring",ring2="Epona's Ring",
    back="Canny Cape",waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",legs="Samnuha Tights",feet=gear.AccHercFeet}

sets.engaged.Evasion = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
    head=gear.AccHercHead,neck="Ej Necklace",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",

sets.engaged.Acc.Evasion = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
    head="Skulker's Bonnet +1",neck="Ej Necklace",ear1="Dudgeon Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
    body=gear.AccAdhemarBody,hands="Adhemar Wristbands",ring1="Ramuh Ring +1",ring2="Yacuruna Ring",

sets.engaged.PDT = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
    head=gear.AccHercHead,neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Dudgeon Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
    body="Emet Harness +1",hands=gear.PDTHercHands,ring1=gear.DarkRing.ph ysical,ring2="Defending Ring",
    back="Solemnity Cape",waist="Flume Belt",legs=gear.AccHercLegs,feet=gear.PDTHercFeet}

sets.engaged.Acc.PDT = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
    head=gear.AccHercHead,neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Dudgeon Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
    body="Emet Harness +1",hands=gear.PDTHercHands,ring1=gear.DarkRing.ph ysical,ring2="Defending Ring",
    back="Toutatis's Cape",waist="Eschan Stone",legs=gear.AccHercLegs,feet=gear.PDTHercFeet }

sets.engaged.MDT = {ammo="Honed Tathlum",
    head="Dampening Tam",neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Dudgeon Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
    body=gear.AccAdhemarBody,hands="Floral Gauntlets",ring1=gear.DarkRing.magical,ring2="Defe nding Ring",
    back="Solemnity Cape",waist="Eschan Stone",legs=gear.AccHercLegs,feet=gear.AccHercFeet }

end

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- Job-specific hooks that are called to process player actions at specific points in time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm pretty sure you want.

sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm']

or

sets.precast.WS[\"Rudra's Storm\"]

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    I'm pretty sure you want.

sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm']

or

sets.precast.WS[\"Rudra's Storm\"]
    Tried it using: sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm']

Odd behavior. I turned on "Showswaps" and typed in //gs equip sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm']. Instead of swapping my gear to sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm'] or throwing that error, it swapped into the default sets.precast.WS.

So I went and fought something to see if it does that when I actually use the weapon skill. It didn't. It swapped into sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm'] correctly when fighting.

So now when fighting it uses the correct swaps, but when I type it manually it swaps into the wrong set.

Using sets.precast.WS[\"Rudra's Storm\"] doesn't work at all for me. it breaks the brackets. Does this work for anyone else?

EDIT: Just went back and tried it the way I originally had it with "showswaps" on and it changes gear correctly even though it throws an error when I type //gs equip sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"]. Really strange.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yes, that's exactly what Byrth's post is about. When you type the " character ingame, either in windower console or after //, it doesn't read it directly.

Be aware that you have to use single quotes or escape double quotes (\") due to the windower console's text handling.
    If you leave your gearswap file as sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"] and type //gs equip sets.precast.WS[\"Rudra's Storm\"] ingame, the set will equip

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what Byrth's post is about. When you type the " character ingame, either in windower console or after //, it doesn't read it directly.

If you leave your gearswap file as sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"] and type //gs equip sets.precast.WS[\"Rudra's Storm\"] ingame, the set will equip
    Bah! I missed that. I thought he was saying to change it in the lua. I completely misinterpreted that. /facepalm

Thanks.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have been building myself a DRG gearswap (I don't use includes). Luckily I found a rule dlsmd gave someone in here years ago and have it working.

However, I need to refine it. Since Trishula adds a Darkness property to Stardiver while AM is up. The rule doesn't pick up on that for Water and Iceday.

So what is the best practice for this?

Code:
    check_ws_day = {
    Firesday=S{'Liquefaction','Fusion','Light'},
    Earthsday=S{'Scission','Gravitation','Darkness'},
    Watersday=S{'Reverberation','Distortion','Darkness'},
    Windsday=S{'Detonation','Fragmentation','Light'},
    Iceday=S{'Induration','Distortion','Darkness'},
    Lightningday=S{'Impaction','Fragmentation','Light'},
    Lightsday=S{'Transfixion','Fusion','Light'},
    Darksday=S{'Compression','Gravitation','Darkness'},}
    ---
    Code:
    if spell.english == 'Stardiver' and (check_ws_day[world.day]:contains(spell.skillchain_a) 
        or check_ws_day[world.day]:contains(spell.skillchain_b) 
        or check_ws_day[world.day]:contains(spell.skillchain_c)) then
    	ChangeGear(sets.WSDayBonus)
    end
    I imagine I should have it check for:
    if player.equipment.main == "Trishula" and some line for AM.

But, can I just do those three on the same line? Should I?

Actually probably not. It is the only polearm I own at the moment, but that can change.

---
    Code:
    sets.WSDayBonus = {head="Gavialis Helm"}

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Give this a shot - checks if day has Darkness as a property, then that mainhand has the right weapon, then if any of the Aftermath buffs are present.

Code:
    if spell.english == 'Stardiver' and (check_ws_day[world.day]:contains(spell.skillchain_a) 
        or check_ws_day[world.day]:contains(spell.skillchain_c)
        or (check_ws_day[world.day]:contains("Darkness") and player.equipment.main == 'Trishula' and (buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3'] or buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.2'] or buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.1']))) then
    end

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Give this a shot - checks if day has Darkness as a property, then that mainhand has the right weapon, then if any of the Aftermath buffs are present.

Code:
        or check_ws_day[world.day]:contains(spell.skillchain_c)
        or (check_ws_day[world.day]:contains("Darkness") and player.equipment.main == 'Trishula' and (buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3'] or buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.2'] or buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.1']))) then
    end
    Will that apply it to water and ice or just darksday? Other than that it looks like it should work without even trying it.

Now to wait for watersday..

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Will that apply it to water and ice or just darksday? Other than that it looks like it should work without even trying it.

Now to wait for watersday..
    It'll apply to any days that have "Darkness" listed in the snippet you posted - both ice and water (as well as earth and dark, though they're already included from the gravitation property)

Code:
    check_ws_day = {
    Firesday=S{'Liquefaction','Fusion','Light'},
    Earthsday=S{'Scission','Gravitation','Darkness'},
    Watersday=S{'Reverberation','Distortion','Darkness'},
    Windsday=S{'Detonation','Fragmentation','Light'},
    Iceday=S{'Induration','Distortion','Darkness'},
    Lightningday=S{'Impaction','Fragmentation','Light'},
    Lightsday=S{'Transfixion','Fusion','Light'},
    Darksday=S{'Compression','Gravitation','Darkness'},}

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tested the rule and it works. Whew!

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tried making something intuitive for my idle rules, and neither the refresh or the weakness set are triggering.

I assume both issues are my syntax

Code:
    function IdleState()
        ChangeGear(sets.Idle[sets.Idle.index[Idle_ind]])
        if player.status == 'Weakness' then
    		ChangeGear({head = "Twilight Helm", body = "Twilight Mail"})
    	elseif player.sub_job:contains('WHM', 'BLM', 'RDM', 'SMN', 'BLU', 'SCH', 'GEO', 'PLD', 'DRK', 'RUN') and player.mpp < 90 then
            ChangeGear(sets.Idle.Refresh)
        end

end

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Tried making something intuitive for my idle rules, and neither the refresh or the weakness set are triggering.

I assume both issues are my syntax

Code:
    function IdleState()
        ChangeGear(sets.Idle[sets.Idle.index[Idle_ind]])
        if player.status == 'Weakness' then
            ChangeGear({head = "Twilight Helm", body = "Twilight Mail"})
        elseif player.sub_job:contains('WHM', 'BLM', 'RDM', 'SMN', 'BLU', 'SCH', 'GEO', 'PLD', 'DRK', 'RUN') and player.mpp < 90 then
            ChangeGear(sets.Idle.Refresh)
        end

end
    weakness/Refresh are a buffs not a statuses
    all the known statuses are in Windower4\res\statuses.lua