1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Also afaik action-enmity only applies to things that don't deal/heal damage. So CoS or SW shouldn't make a difference (sword oath would tho).

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes, your DPS should be fine without the OT popping fight or flight. It's better to save it for adds anyways cause those things run amok.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'd be curious to know if Flash hits him in that state.

To be honest, that's happened to us once and never again once we realized what happened. If he jumps before the other tank has switched, then we just let the current tank do the heart phase. If you still want to switch, then switch right after the heart. If he jumps immediately after the tank switching in uses provoke, there's a very short window after his jump, but before he pops his heart out, where you can ranged attack him to solidify hate. There's really no reason for hate ambiguity.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I don't think Flash hits Titan in that phase; I've done OT duty on Titan and it really does feel like just popping CDs gets you over that line sometimes. It's a huge reason why when you swap hate, you want

A) The provoke'er to have queued Savage and/or Halone ready to follow it.
    B) The previous tank to try not to do a Savage/Halone right before/after.

Like I'll usually just switch to Riot Blade for a combo and that'll be fine. Hate swap during heart only seemed to happen when he jumped at an inopportune time right after a tank swap.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

IME, there are some aoes that hit him and some that won't. I believe Flash does, but would need to verify that.

Either way, there's no need to swap for heart phase so if you have the wrong tank up after heart just switch then.

Considering Flash seems to work like any other AoE (there's just no enmity "damage" display) I don't see why it would work.

It's self targeted but not self applied.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Er? There actually is a "damage" display. Every target hit with Flash will display "Flash" flying text (and Blind, if applicable)

Hell, it's even in the battle log:
    You cast Flash.
    Your enmity increases.
     The banemite suffers the effect of Blind.
    Spoiler: show

So it'd be really simple to see if it does by looking at the log/screen when you Flash.

By damage display I meant literally a number popping up showing the amount of hate incurred.

I was just implying that because it appears to work like all other AoEs I didn't see any reason why it would effect Titan during the heart phase.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My understanding is that, under the hood, Flash is actually using the damage potency calculation to determine the amount of Enmity it generates. As a result, I don't think it does anything to Titan, since he's invulnerable at this time. I've certainly never seen it have any real effect on the current hate.

For example, with the Curtana +1, Flash generates 838 hate on a Wharf Rat. If I equip a Blunt Aeolian Scimitar, I only generate 638.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Has anyone else experienced the animation bug with the Egi's landslides? About 3 times now I've been knocked off by it's Landslide when it was pointing in a completely opposite direction from me however the Egi itself was looking in my direction.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Has anyone else experienced the animation bug with the Egi's landslides? About 3 times now I've been knocked off by it's Landslide when it was pointing in a completely opposite direction from me however the Egi itself was looking in my direction.
    The landslide zone actually reaches through the Egi a bit (it does so on Titan as well, although it's less noticeable due to how fat he is). Whenever the landslides go off, just back off a bit so you don't get pulled through.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That's something different. The Egi's Landslide animation would face to the East for example but the Egi itself would be looking at me (Egi facing South) and next thing I know I'm hit by a phantom landslide.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Started having weird problems today. Xsplit was dropping frames and I was getting hit by plumes. Decided to turn off xsplit, as did my friend. Everyone managed to avoid plumes miraculously on the last attempt we'd have in the entry due to timer. Killed the second set of adds. Everyone is still alive. Limit bar is at 3. Titan is at low %. Melee LB after the double plumes. Few seconds later he goes down.

Fucking finally. I have half a mind to never do titan ex ever again.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

We regularly 7-man Titan Extreme and generally speaking, any landslide or other hit detection oddities result from actual instance server lag or Battleping (or other tunneling service) issues. If you get hit by a phantom anything, you can usually check your sending/receiving right afterwards and something will be off. We've never encountered purely graphical errors in the fight other than people's personal PC issues.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

^ That's possibly the case. Just a weird oddity that I ran into that knocked me along with 3 people the other day and they all saw the same thing (landslide in other direction, all of us got knocked off by phantom).

Btw, 1 tank 1 healer 6 dps is completely doable in this fight.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My computer has been on for 24 days and I have like 50 chrome tabs open, so I'm willing to bet all my problems were entirely client side. This was the first time I was dropping frames while streaming. Kind of sad I had to stop streaming because the win was such a perfect run. I don't think anybody even got hit by a single plume.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

About to start trying a different strategy without stacking for plumes. So sick of one person getting hit = death and, depending who it is, = a wipe. Entire fight is latency based and it's just frustrating. I'm done with party finder and this fight. So many people join up, get past heart phase but wipe three times and quit. Thanks for wasting 30+ minutes of my life.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Fucking finally. I have half a mind to never do titan ex ever again.
    Congrats man. Seems like yesterday was a good day for Titan EX; I got mine done too. I'm now 1-for-229.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    About to start trying a different strategy without stacking for plumes. So sick of one person getting hit = death and, depending who it is, = a wipe. Entire fight is latency based and it's just frustrating. I'm done with party finder and this fight. So many people join up, get past heart phase but wipe three times and quit. Thanks for wasting 30+ minutes of my life.
    With the Egi's aoe traps, there isn't really room to do much outside of a short line to spread the overlappage, or possibly a J formation.
    Spoiler: show
    That or someone get this bright idea about having everyone eat their own plume and having the healer AoE heal it back up, since a single one wouldn't one-shot anyone anyways.

Had me a few runs today, group only managed to make it through the full final-phase rotation on two of our attempts, wiping around 10-15%. Other healer kept eating AoEs, and DPS was a tad slow on gaols at points. Seems like folks tend to be on edge come final phase, since it's typically peachy until then.

Was expecting the fight to be harder to heal on my SCH, but it isn't that bad assuming everyone is dodging, as was the case with Titan HM. Just annoying having to re-Place my pet after nearly every landslide.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Plumes are the issue 95% of the time. I'd say 4.9% is bombs and the .1% is landslide due to bad positioning. I can't even get mad at people for eating plumes in my FC because I know it's some sort of latency and not their fault. Yesterday I was getting a lot of rubber banding so I only spent 20 minutes on the fight. Not worth wasting my day over again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast