1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 5 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 4 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Titan Extreme Mode

MrHappy Gaming:

Solo Heal:

Solo tank:

Pattern:
    Code:
    1. Landslide -> Plumes -> MB -> Stomps x4 -> Repeat
    2. Geocrush -> Landslide -> Gaol x2 -> MB -> Upheaval -> Landslide -> Stomps x4 -> Plume -> MB -> Landslide -> Plume -> Bombs -> MB -> Landslide -> Gaol x2 -> Repeat
    3. (Heart) Geocrush -> Plume -> Gaol x2 -> Upheaval -> Landslide -> Stomps x4 -> Plume -> MB -> Bomb -> Landslide -> Stomps x4 -> Plume -> DPSCheckFail
    4. (Final) Fury -> Adds -> MB -> Bombs -> Landslide -> Plume -> Gaol x2 -> MB -> Upheaval -> Landslide -> MB -> Stomps x4 -> Double Plume -> MB -> Row-Bombs -> Landslide -> MB -> Super Bombs -> Stomps x4 -> Plume -> Geocrush -> Repeat
    Coil group took a stab at this last night, not a really serious attempt (it was late + we were tired, just wanted to get killed for fun). Will update OP as info solidifies. Phase 2 for us pretty much went like it did on that one dev stream, so lol.

Phase 1: landslide > plumes > buster > stomps (4) > landslide** > buster > plumes > buster > landslide > ?

** At this point for us he jumped (mostly +1 DPS), the rest is from a dev video
    ***Special note: watch out for the first jump. The arena gets a lot smaller than you'd expect.

Phase 2: 3x landslide > [2x gaol + buster?] > Upheaveal (sumo stomp) > 3x landslide > [gaols blew up + stomps] (> wiped lol)

At some point after that in P2, the first bomb formation happens. Covers 2/3rds of the battlefield with bombs at the same time. So it's like "easymode line bombs"

For sumo stomp, it's pretty much exactly like Ifrit's knockback move (but with Titan's arena obviously). So assuming the traditional position of "tank on edge with Titan facing him", you need to have everyone (including main tank) stack as if you were stacking for Stomps, so the knockback doesn't push you off.

The 2 Gaol targets have a line between them while it forms; we don't know if you want to be close or far yet. We went far on both attempts but tank got knocked off so couldn't tell.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    For sumo stomp, it's pretty much exactly like Ifrit's knockback move (but with Titan's arena obviously). So assuming the traditional position of "tank on edge with Titan facing him", you need to have everyone (including main tank) stack as if you were stacking for Stomps, so the knockback doesn't push you off.
    Is there time after the stop for the tank to return to their original position, or will they basically be tanking on the other end of the arena after each one of those?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Can't say. Didn't pay that much attention at that point after MT died. I think there's enough time at least during the landslide. Maybe 5s or so.

Also MB in phase 1 seemed quite weak. PLD said he didn't even pop cooldowns and it didn't do too much. That said I ate one in P2 as we were wiping and it did 5.1k (SCH).

Edit, forgot to mention:
    At some point after that in P2, the first bomb formation happens. Covers 2/3rds of the battlefield with bombs at the same time. So it's like "easymode line bombs"

Vuitton

Any information about the "potatoes" he summons?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The 2 Gaol targets have a line between them while it forms; we don't know if you want to be close or far yet. We went far on both attempts but tank got knocked off so couldn't tell.
    From what I understand, you need to get them away from each other or they get a damage reduction buff. Same as the Garuda Extreme sisters mechanic.
    If there isn't a tether, you're far enough away.
    If you don't kill them they explode for something like 13k damage on the trapped person.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah, just made it to past heart phase. Will edit this post and OP later. Shit gets real. This fight is amazing.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Yeah, just made it to past heart phase. Will edit this post and OP later. Shit gets real. This fight is amazing.
    Cool, looking forward to it. Trying to get it done now and a few unknowns here and there.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

We got past heart a few times. Mini titans pop and shit goes down hill quick.

We got past the heart. What we did with the 2 target Gaol is have the person closest to Titan run to his leg and 2nd person run to the edge of the arena. Everyone stand on the leg and dps tha Gaol. When Titan stomps it will push you back and at that point 1st Gaol need to be dead. Titans push should get you close to the other Gaol, dps that and go on with the fight. Worked really well.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Fight is pretty easy. Just requires flawless execution like back when everyone was doing Titan hard for the very first time pre-relics.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Hmm, I thought I heard somewhere that you LoS the stomps by being behind the gaols. Granted, I believe that was speculated from the original video rather than hands-on experience. Can anyone definitively confirm or deny it?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    We got past the heart. What we did with the 2 target Gaol is have the person closest to Titan run to his leg and 2nd person run to the edge of the arena. Everyone stand on the leg and dps tha Gaol. When Titan stomps it will push you back and at that point 1st Gaol need to be dead. Titans push should get you close to the other Gaol, dps that and go on with the fight. Worked really well.
    That's what we did as well. As SCH I'm usually putting dots on the far gaol while everyone else is dpsing near gaol.

Waiting on our group's attempt video to break down phases, but some stuff from fuzzy memory:
    Phase 3 is heart phase. Sumo stomp is gonna be really tight on space. At some point in here he does bombs: X then +, then triple landslide, then X explodes, then + explodes. Nothing specific to say here, just watch spacing. He does not use Mountain Buster during heart so no need to tank swap. 2nd bomb set is circle bombs.

Phase 4 (post-heart) begins with summoning the mini-titans (potatos), who immediately use Tumult for ~500 (x2). I think there's a set of bombs here but can't remember formation. I think after bombs the potatos will use Landslide (the egi's "quick tackle" version, which does knockback and is instant cast. Afterwards he'll do double Gaol + sumo stomp and at this point we noticed a yellow line going from each potato to Titan, all 3 had a detemination up buff. But at this point we were all dead or in rocks so didn't observe if it made a difference for the sumo stomp itself.

Also if you are in overlapping areas from the triple landslide, you will get hit by all of them. Pointless observation but still amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    Hmm, I thought I heard somewhere that you LoS the stomps by being behind the gaols. Granted, I believe that was speculated from the original video rather than hands-on experience. Can anyone definitively confirm or deny it?
    Yeah that was just a silly guess. Nothing of the sort, doesn't work that way. Just gotta position yourself so knockback won't push you off.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    My group just did it on his left and right sides. Far enough to break the tether, but close enough for AoE. Then our BLMs would do an AoE rotation and both gaols down.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

If you notice, it's always a healer + DPS that gets targeted for the Gaols. We also have one person (healer) run underneath Titan for the Gaol while the other (DPS) runs out, works out well and it's easy to coordinate on the fly. Once you get the Gaols + bombs down (which is really just Titan HM bombs with a new pattern + multi landslides, shouldn't be that hard), you should be close to a win. For the adds, make sure whoever you have tanking them pulls them off to a side and have the rest of your group dodge bombs on the other side so they don't get snared by the puddles. Whoever is tanking the adds can just eat a bomb if they want as they really don't do all that much damage to tanks and can easily be healed through.

For healers: MB is after tumult -> weights & (I think) double Gaols in both phase 1 & 3, he doesn't do it during heart phase. What I've been doing is finishing my cast of Medica II right before he starts tumult -> Medica during it -> immediately start channeling Stoneskin onto the tank after Medica finishes casting. If done correctly, you'll finish casting Stoneskin right as weights come out. Also, Cure 3 is legit for Titan's leaps + transition into the last phase.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Titan Extreme Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    If you notice, it's always a healer + DPS that gets targeted for the Gaols. We also have one person (healer) run underneath Titan for the Gaol while the other (DPS) runs out, works out well and it's easy to coordinate on the fly. Once you get the Gaols + bombs down (which is really just Titan HM bombs with a new pattern + multi landslides, shouldn't be that hard), you should be close to a win. For the adds, make sure whoever you have tanking them pulls them off to a side and have the rest of your group dodge bombs on the other side so they don't get snared by the puddles. Whoever is tanking the adds can just eat a bomb if they want as they really don't do all that much damage to tanks and can easily be healed through.

For healers: MB is after tumult -> weights & (I think) double Gaols in both phase 1 & 3, he doesn't do it during heart phase. What I've been doing is finishing my cast of Medica II right before he starts tumult -> Medica during it -> immediately start channeling Stoneskin onto the tank after Medica finishes casting. If done correctly, you'll finish casting Stoneskin right as weights come out. Also, Cure 3 is legit for Titan's leaps + transition into the last phase.
    You should swap your healer and dps positions. Break out dps first for an extra dps to break out the healer. Titan does nothing during gaols which require the extra healer. He also does double gaol during heart phase so you're wrong there. He does it in all phases. The only thing he doesn't do during heart is mountain buster.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I guess I should have worded it better, meant to say he doesn't MB in heart phase (for healer info on pre-ss etc). gg my grammar

Vuitton

This fight sounds insane. I can't believe Ifrit is supposed to be even harder.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    This fight sounds insane. I can't believe Ifrit is supposed to be even harder.
    Honestly it's not that bad. There's only really two new mechanics which is the adds and knock backs. Then just the old mechanics in higher quantities.

The bombs I've seen past heart phase are dropped first on the outside with a space between them, than he drops one in the middle, than again outside to fill in the spaces between bombs already there. You gotta stay close to the middle one, he will do 3 way landslide, than you run to the outside ones that blow up 1st and stay there till everything else blows up. You gotta run at the bomb that blows up so that you can be in that space to avoid damage when the 2 bombs that are on each of your side blow up. It's actually pretty easy. I dont know if he does any other pattern after that though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast