Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Keep Warm During A Cold Vana'diel Night with the Next Version Update!

Break out the blankets and get ready to hunker down, for the next version update is scheduled for Thursday, December 26!

Trion, Volker, Ajido-Marujido, and Shantotto are all in accord--this time of the year is for recalling fond memories and rekindling old friendships! Stroll down memory lane with these storied personages and never be alone again with their alter egos at your side!
    Trust update.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Another naji and curilla clone, hope these are somebow different

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Volker will probably differ from Naji in that he should have his own TP move (Berserk-Ruf) which is basically self-warcry. Other than that probably different weapon skills. If he's anything like his original battle versions, he prefers Red Lotus Blade and Vorpal Blade.. which does seem to overlap with Naji. I suppose they might adjust them to be more unique.

Trion should have Royal Bash (shield bash) and Royal Savior (self-protect?), Red Lotus Blade and Savage Blade..

I look forward to Shantotto most.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Shanttoto and aijido will probably cast random burn, rasp, blind, and then probably random tier 3-4 nukes

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Shanttoto will probably cast random burn, rasp, blind, and then probably random tier 3-4 nukes
    Naw she will be like she is in AU mission where she just spams T1 for 1-2k dmg back when that was actually kind of insane. Guess she time hacked an antinian staff. Then followed by AM that do exactly the same dmg as the T1 but forever to cast. All while making silly little rhymes about what she is casting! Oh and mocking you if you die

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

random note, in every instance in FFXI involving original shantotto, she doesn't wield a weapon, and goes h2h. altho, in ToAU and i believe Heroine's Combat, she doesn't actually melee, just casts magic repeatedly. Similarly the Trust version dat of her doesn't wield any weapons..

incidentally, in Dissidia, Shantotto's EX burst involves her creating a Fusion skillchain using Full Swing -> Howling Fist... so i suppose that might be some proof that she could be a H2H user.

I'm more of the belief she'll just hang back and cast T1s for ridiculous damage, and Ancient Magic, and not even melee at all

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

And run out of mp after 2 nukes

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    random note, in every instance in FFXI involving original shantotto, she doesn't wield a weapon, and goes h2h. altho, in ToAU and i believe Heroine's Combat, she doesn't actually melee, just casts magic repeatedly. Similarly the Trust version dat of her doesn't wield any weapons..
    Shantotto doesn't need a weapon. She -is- a weapon. Also Taru Godzilla.

incidentally, in Dissidia, Shantotto's EX burst involves her creating a Fusion skillchain using Full Swing -> Howling Fist... so i suppose that might be some proof that she could be a H2H user.

I'm more of the belief she'll just hang back and cast T1s for ridiculous damage, and Ancient Magic, and not even melee at all
    ...well, except for this bit. Fun fact: She actually swaps through the different elemental staffs depending on what she's tossing spellwise. Dissidia Shantotto confirmed for using BlinkMeNot.

I'm hoping she's the blaster BLM of the two, and Ajido mixes it up more conventionally.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can totally see them making Shantotto totally OP with her nuking all over... but with the risk of not being too selective in her targeting and maybe her AoEs hitting friendlies too lol. I mean hasn't she already nuked people on her side before in missions? Only way to survive her "help" is to aegis it up lol

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I can totally see them making Shantotto totally OP with her nuking all over... but with the risk of not being too selective in her targeting and maybe her AoEs hitting friendlies too lol. I mean hasn't she already nuked people on her side before in missions? Only way to survive her "help" is to aegis it up lol
    HOLY FUCK THAT WOULD BE AWESOME, COMPLETE WITH TRASH TALK

"ohoho, it appears you got in the way of my stone
    if you werent such a weakling, you'd go fight alone"

"you too seem to have suffered from my cool breeze
    If you were as strong as me you wouldnt be on your knees"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah, she nuked a taru to get his attention while he was talking to robel-akbel.