• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Johnny Football has swag yeah, but Cleveland is where promising young QB's go to die.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, considering the Browns track record in recent years for blowing high draft picks on QBs, I wouldn't be very excited about the prospect. And Hoyer was looking like a very viable option, would probably be the smarter choice for them to be more focused on improving the team overall then grabbing the flavor of the month.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Well, considering the Browns track record in recent years for blowing high draft picks on QBs, I wouldn't be very excited about the prospect. And Hoyer was looking like a very viable option, would probably be the smarter choice for them to be more focused on improving the team overall then grabbing the flavor of the month.
    That would be like saying the Lions shouldn't draft Calvin because they had failed on WRs in recent years. Weeden was a late first and just a braindead pick regardless. Manziel at least deserves to go high. It would be different if they were looking at Garoppolo in the first or something.

Hoyer is 28 and average (which for Cleveland looks amazing).

Flavor of the month? He's been dominant the past two years in college football.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

if you are going to swap fan allegiance from the browns i would not recommend the eagles as a change of pace from failure

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

it's a different kind of failure sure but slightly optimistic failure is the worst

Banned.

BG Level

Jerruh is waiting for you with pockets wide-open

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Why are you two so convinced it would be a bad pick? You need someone with swag to wake up your franchise. I don't think he will be elite but I definitely think he will be above average.
    I don't want to spreak for Breg's, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with being a 'Bama fan.

As for me I just don't like Manziel, I think he's a clown and likely to be the next Ryan Leaf. If the Browns do draft him I hope I'm wrong, but the guy doesn't seem to give a shit about football.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    I don't want to spreak for Breg's, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with being a 'Bama fan.

As for me I just don't like Manziel, I think he's a clown and likely to be the next Ryan Leaf. If the Browns do draft him I hope I'm wrong, but the guy doesn't seem to give a shit about football.
    If both of you just dislike him personally and don't want to root for him, fair enough, I can understand that.

Did you not watch Duke-A&M last night? Or any other A&M game the past two years? Dude seems to care a hell of a lot about winning.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Bridgewater officially declared

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    Its almost as if that's all he does
    Good one.

If all those football movies have taught me something is that caring about winning =/= caring about football and that you can win the SB with a team of convicts.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    Its almost as if that's all he does

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I just can't stand John Football. If the ownership really fired Chud because of his distaste for him, that speaks volumes. And drafting a top QB likely means no CUTTY in Cleland which makes me sad.

GATTACA!

BG Level

if the Browns didn't think Chud was a good fit, they were right to fire him even though it was only one year. You compound the mistake of the bad hire if you keep him around.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Lovie smith to Tampa

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

NFL should be alarmed that three of four playoff games, including Green Bay's home game, still not sold out

By Frank Schwab 4 hours ago Shutdown Corner

The legend of the waiting list for Packers season tickets in Green Bay has grown over the years. Newborns get put on the list, with parents hoping some day their offspring hits the top of the list.

Green Bay has perhaps the best fans in the NFL ... which is why the league should be very worried that the Packers and two other teams are still struggling to sell out their playoff games.

Green Bay, as of Wednesday morning, was about 8,500 tickets short of a sellout, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Tom Silverstein. If the Packers don't sell out by 3:40 p.m. Thursday, the game will be blacked out on local TV from Green Bay to Milwaukee. That's almost inconceivable. The Press-Gazette said the Packers have sold out every regular-season game since 1959 (a playoff game in January of 1983, at the end of the strike-shortened season, did not). And yet they are having troubles selling out a playoff game a week after Aaron Rodgers returned from injury to beat the Bears for the NFC North title.

The Bengals produced a video with some players urging fans to buy playoff tickets, which you wouldn't think should be necessary for a NFL playoff game. Former Bengals receiver Chad Johnson said he would buy the unsold tickets, of which there are about 8,000 according to reports, but it's unclear if he was serious. As of Wednesday afternoon the Colts needed to sell 5,500 tickets for their game against the Chiefs before Thursday afternoon to become a sellout and avoid a local television blackout.

It would be a tremendous embarrassment to the league to have three of four playoff games blacked out locally, and likely, the tickets will get sold somehow to avoid that scenario. But there's a bigger issue here. Is this the most stark example that NFL fans aren't too excited to go to games anymore?

A quick glance at Ticketmaster on Wednesday afternoon showed the face-value prices for the Packers playoff game ranged from $313 and $102, not counting Ticketmaster fees. If you've attended a NFL game, you know that the cost doesn't end with tickets. Parking is outrageously and insultingly high at most NFL games. Concessions aren't cheap either. NFL teams have gouged and gouged and gouged, and maybe there's a breaking point.

It is supposed to be a high of four degrees in Green Bay on Sunday, when the Packers play the 49ers, with a low of minus-15 degrees. Would you rather spend a few hundred dollars to sit in miserable conditions or stay at home and watch on TV, where the high-definition view is a heck of a lot better than it is better than any vantage point in the stadium? It seems that more fans are asking themselves that question, especially as the in-home experience for watching games has improved with great televisions and easy access to discuss the game with friends online.

The NFL has a serious issue on its hands when three cities are struggling to sell out a playoff game, including the Packers. All three games might sell out and the local television blackout scare will be forgotten. But the NFL better not ignore what's happening this week. It's not a good sign for the future.
    Packer fans dont want to brave subzero temps to watch their team get destroyed.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

oh dear jennings and peanut are both going to go to tampa now arent they. JERKS but i mean they will be with revis and goldson and fuckin lavonte david and gerald mccoy. gdi lovie get off

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

This is worse than the time the Bucs traded Gaines Adams to the Bears whose only notable contribution was immediately dying.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

I'm just happy it wasn't with the Lions

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Packer fans dont want to brave subzero temps to watch their team get destroyed.
    I'd give them a decent enough chance cause it's AR 12 and they're at home, but after going to the Broncos/Pats game which was mostly in the 20-30 range, I'd probably have to agree with just staying home.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

eagles game sold out in 3 minutes and it's probably going to be in the 30s and raining

pussies