+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

As a person that has seen the Nasomi server blossom (even though I dont play on it much myself) the server has come a long way also Nasomi does great work making sure the players on his server experience the FFXI many of us remember from long ago

The shit is going on here...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Hows the drop rate from NMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffy View Post
    Hows the drop rate from NMs?
    Same as retail.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Are you still active on it Searain?

Are you still active on it Searain?
    Yeah I am, I don't always get to play as much as I'd like to cause I'm way more busy compared to when I first played XI on retail (I was like 22, single and in university back then, I'm 34 now, living with a dachshund and a gf who despises videogames, full time job, etc., lol) and I might not log in for 4~5 days in a row at times when RL gets in the way but I'm fairly active nonetheless (trying to get my 2nd job to 75 - still got a loong way to go tho - and working on Apoc right now).

Why's that anyway?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain View Post
    Yeah I am, I don't always get to play as much as I'd like to cause I'm way more busy compared to when I first played XI on retail (I was like 22, single and in university back then, I'm 34 now, living with a dachshund and a gf who despises videogames, full time job, etc., lol) and I might not log in for 4~5 days in a row at times when RL gets in the way but I'm fairly active nonetheless (trying to get my 2nd job to 75 - still got a loong way to go tho - and working on Apoc right now).
    Wow do I ever know the feeling there Searain, thankfully I was able to actually spend most a day playing yesterday until the fiancee decided that was enough

crazy how an entire day can disappear when you really get into the grind.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I'm currently in the process along with 2 other IRL friends of getting on Nasomi. I'm waiting on a windows disc to come in the mail so i can bootcamp my Macbook. We quit FFXI right at WoTG so this is perfect. It was a little iffy getting them to give it a shot because they wanted to go back to retail but I basically said thats way too much lol. They are not active on BG so I kind of just relay messages back and forth and it was one of the questions they wanted to know. As well as population, endgame activity (how often), hows the economy and all that good stuff.

I'm currently in the process along with 2 other IRL friends of getting on Nasomi. I'm waiting on a windows disc to come in the mail so i can bootcamp my Macbook. We quit FFXI right at WoTG so this is perfect. It was a little iffy getting them to give it a shot because they wanted to go back to retail but I basically said thats way too much lol. They are not active on BG so I kind of just relay messages back and forth and it was one of the questions they wanted to know. As well as population, endgame activity (how often), hows the economy and all that good stuff.
    :O did you guys play on Garuda back in the days?

As for endgame, there's currently like 3 groups of 10~18 people each doing HNM/Dynamis/Limbus somewhat regularly (Dyna has no entrance fee so you can do it every 24 hr, although no one really does that), there isn't much competition for kings (if at all) aside from the occasional clash of schedules (and even then, people generally just team up and get it done together) and afaik no one's taken down wyrms yet (cause they're harder compared to retail and so is Fafnir). Jailers will be introduced soon, too, as they're almost fully coded (or so I've heard, I'm just a player though, not a GM or mod).

Economy is a bit different, gil are useful only up to a point (and certainly not that hard to come by if you got a class @ 75), mainly whilst levelling up your first job and/or crafting, past that having friends willing to help you out with stuff becomes the most valuable asset of all (I've also seen people just trade out HQ items and the likes instead of relying on gil for transactions, so having a craft in the 90's might turn out to be even more useful than expected, there's also very few of them currently on the server).

Certain items may also be much more in demand compared to their retail counterparts, depending on whether we got an active crafter capable of making them or not (like, at some point the only high level smith we used to have took a break and stuff like Haubergeon skyrocketed in price and stayed there for a while, til he got back and started making them again, cursed items are also, as a general rule of thumb, kind of rare as no one can make the 95+ ones reliably yet - my M body broke like twice and that was a lot of mining in halvung for Orichalcum...).

Also, to put things into perspective, the server's been online uninterruptedly since July 2013.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Actually we were on Odin. Thats great info, thanks a lot my man! See you in game soon!

Also, I've seen this answered already but just to clarify the answer again lol, highest peak is still around 100 people?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Actually we were on Odin. Thats great info, thanks a lot my man! See you in game soon!

Also, I've seen this answered already but just to clarify the answer again lol, highest peak is still around 100 people?
    Yes, I saw 108 people online the other day. So there is plenty of people

Right now there is 50 online as I type this

Thanks to the nostalgia thread I have really wanted to start up again, and then seen this...... I can't see myself jumping into retail at this point, but a frozen in time FFXI..... downloading now....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Something I'm curious about as I plan to go back to the retail XI soon enough but will getting this version up and running clash with my ability to play the retail XI?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

You can play on this and retail without any issues. You just put the server info into ashita and you can log into nasomi or retail any time no problem at all

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The minimal copying/downloading was some of the easiest i've ever seen...

copy your data folder to the FFXI folder (with the roms)-4
    g8-e2684t Nasomi's POL.exe, put it in the Square enix folder

that's it.... other than the comands for ashita, (which are like 2-3 steps) you're done. and can still play retail and this at the same time, pretty nice
    +

I use Windower2 instead of Ashita now for Nasomi's. They both work fine.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

currently doing the "repair files" step...but at some point it froze and the count down time started going up and eventually just stopped. Trying it again and will let it run overnight, hopefully this will be finished by the time I get home from work tomorrow so I can play by this weekend.

Between the nostalgia thread in General and the news of the last updates I been having a massive nostalgia rush. I plan on going back to retail soon, but I would love to be able to play XI at it's peak with people who loved the game for what it was.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The original post has been updated with relevant information, seeing as things have changed quite a bit.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I been on the server about 3 months, maybe 4, and can say that I love it. I played from late 2004 to late 2007 on retail and missed it quite a bit through out the years. Hopping from MMO to MMO, none of them ever gave me the satisfaction of FF-XI.

A few months before I got on nasomi's server I bought the Abyssea collection on steam, played about 2 weeks, soloed to 62 and never needed an LS for anything, up to that point anyways. Needless to say it didn't feel anything like FF-XI. There was no way in hell I was gonna pay a monthly fee for a game that looked and sounded like FF-XI, but felt like a completely different game, title excluded.

Just in the short amount of time I been on this server there have been tons of upgrades and fixes, most notably the server change. I have less R0'ing on this server than I ever did in retail.

Thanks Nas, I would say you are my hero, but I could never, EVER, have a Tarutaru as my hero.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

On step 2 after I click 64bit POL and install everything on that. I go to click FFXISETUP.EXE and after a few seconds a box pops up and says "7-zip there is no such archive" What is this?