+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slynkee View Post
    The main 6 in my LS are creeping up on running out of gear upgrades for ourselves, (have relics, and most hnm/dyanmis/limbus drops) but doesnt mean we are out of content since we have newer LS members we are helping obtain all the gear they need.
    perhaps there is some insight here as to why the barriers to entry keep being increased as hitty pointed out. nasomi's changes keep serving to minimize competition by ensuring new players will not be able to achieve what those that started before them have/can. his economic policies are about as effective as obama's as well, and the advice offered to new players are such patronizing suggestions as farm bird blood (150g/ea to npc) and do repeatable quests (bat wings for 200g/turn in etc). the dynamic here is more of player vs GM rather than PvE, and the concept of fairness is completely lost.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

The worm change was done because no one was using the dunes and would just ranged things down from levels 14 to the 30s. I hate exping so obviously i liked the easy quick way to get like 10k an hour lol. But if you weren't a class that could ranged attack (mnk and drg for example) you wouldn't get invited. This also was not teaching new players how to properly party at all, after the change and everyone went to dunes i saw half the people in my pts on war and thf just standing back and shooting mobs. So I understand why it was done.

Old players had to put up with some shitty stuff as well. No crafters above lvl 40 or 50, severe lack of payers 50+ so you couldn't even make a pt if you wanted to. Tons of bugs that don't exist today.

Anyone can make relics, just get a group and do dyna a few times a week while agreeing to use all currency to make 1 relic at a time. After getting all the wins done you will be ton in a few months, as your group gets relics it will take less time. That's how my group did it. You just don't see enough people caring enough to do that, or not thinking to do it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Slynkee View Post
    The worm change was done because no one was using the dunes and would just ranged things down from levels 14 to the 30s. I hate exping so obviously i liked the easy quick way to get like 10k an hour lol. But if you weren't a class that could ranged attack (mnk and drg for example) you wouldn't get invited. This also was not teaching new players how to properly party at all, after the change and everyone went to dunes i saw half the people in my pts on war and thf just standing back and shooting mobs. So I understand why it was done.

Old players had to put up with some shitty stuff as well. No crafters above lvl 40 or 50, severe lack of payers 50+ so you couldn't even make a pt if you wanted to. Tons of bugs that don't exist today.

Anyone can make relics, just get a group and do dyna a few times a week while agreeing to use all currency to make 1 relic at a time. After getting all the wins done you will be ton in a few months, as your group gets relics it will take less time. That's how my group did it. You just don't see enough people caring enough to do that, or not thinking to do it that way.
    completely discounts the fact that now people do not party above level 30 either, also not teaching new players how to properly party at all or even that their job can do things beyond level 30 abilities and spells. as well as discounting that these relics were all obtained during a time of easier dynamis ("tuned for low pop") with free entry (bird blood and bat wings were farmable then too) that new players are now double burdened with in addition to the extensive learning curve that dynamis has already. and ignoring the blatant falsehood that less than 5 people have completed relics. your argument that the changes are valid because you already have a relic is laughable and instead you insult players motivations and work ethic when really all we want is fairness for all. your argument is that its ok though because you have everything and the only thing left for you to do is carry the new players as these changes ensure their reliance on you to do so. the GMs are so out of touch with the game (feigned ignorance?) that they dont know blood pacts generate enmity for the avatar not the summoner and you can probably expect this to be changed effectively rendering them BLMs to counteract any emerging strategy that might allow new players to catch up to the establishment. nasomi tends to see the era through rose colored glasses (nasboat, ownm, iridal staff) and tries to substitute "grind" for "player experience" even though these two are not synonymous.

In other news, there's 160+ people online right now, can't be all that bad then

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain View Post
    In other news, there's 160+ people online right now, can't be all that bad then
    almost the entirety of the player base is from either a year ago or older, or created within the past 2 months, which tells a different story. wonder why the attrition rate is so high for an 'addicting' mmo? not to mention you are double and triple counting players dualboxing and their bazaar mules

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Dude, my LS was ranked 3rd in the Big Kills ranking at some point
    Dropping the Big Kills! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Fake account? Also, the main reason i posted GM's are more friendly because they are, no need to try and flat out lie because of it. It will all be ok one day, promise.

Edit: I will say this was a fun read. I really do miss the drama of the old days.
    I was merely referring to the guy posting with a fake account, I just happened to quote your message because it mentioned GM's but it wasn't specifically aimed at you.

Also, being these Exodus server premises:

Spoiler: show
    • Experience point gain is increased by 3x,
    • Fields of Valor/Grounds of Valor page experience is increased by 2.5x.
    • Experience point loss upon death is 1x.
    • Combat skill-up rate is increased by 5x.
    • Crafting skill-up rate is increased by 5x.
    • Crafting skill-up amounts are increased by 1.25x, which means a single skill-up can be up to 0.9!
    • Reputation/fame gain is increased by 5x.
    • One stack of Boyahda Moss for the Only the Best quest is all it should take to max you out for the corresponding cities, so don't empty out the AH!
    • Movement speed is increased.
    • You can take as many crafts to 100 as you like.
    • Stun duration is buffed.
    • Bind duration is decreased.
    • Base weapon delay is lowered.
    • HP & MP merits are buffed.
    • All jobs have Widescan I.
    • The traditional 2008 "2-hour" cooldown timer is set to the current retail value of 1 hour.
    • JP Midnight is EST Midnight on Exodus.
    • Greater Colibri drop Soul Plates, for all your zeni needs!
    • The Auction House is automatically stocked. All items cost 2gil.
    • Not all items are present on the AH. This is to encourage players to craft and be adventurous!
    • There are two shop commands available to all players. See the Custom Commands section below.
    • Exodus is an ever-changing beast, that evolves to suit its players needs. In time, we may have a big enough population that we'd be able to stock the Auction House ourselves during our adventures. Keep in mind that it may be a possibility in the future!

I can absolutely see why you didn't enjoy a classic, vanilla server such as Nasomi.

The enjoy part was directed to the more friendly GM's/players, the changes of other servers are not the reason for someone not enjoying yours, vanilla or no.

Cassalot

I don't like coming here. Don't make me come back.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Doesn't matter if it's not teaching new players how to play properly. And by who's standard? Not to mention, you can't advertise the server as being a genuine vanilla if the moderator will arbitrarily change mechanics because he doesn't like how you level.

That said, I never exploited on Nasomi, and you don't have to in order to figure out the GMs are incredibly rude and try to punk you when they can. Saying shit like "it's in your best interest not to ask again" etc. Doesn't exactly make for a fun playing environment. Not bashing just dropping facts.

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    Not to mention, you can't advertise the server as being a genuine vanilla if the moderator will arbitrarily change mechanics because he doesn't like how you level.
    He didn't change it "arbitrarily", he merely tried to prevent people from going 1-75 in a week by exploiting AI deficiencies and DSP code shortcomings.

It's called balancing, SE used to do that kinda stuff routinely back then, on both mobs and jobs.

Is it really that hard to understand?

It's also affected just 2 camps (one of which wasn't even a "classic" exp camp to begin with) out of the hundreds exp spots the game has to offer... not sure why you keep bringing this up as if it was gamebreaking or something.

As for the GM's... idk, I've never had any issue with them and neither have the people I play/played with. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen anybody claiming to be on GM's bad side outside of people from Rin/Jin's LS (the same people who would run around oneshotting Tiamats and pos-hacking everywhere), so it's a very limited occurrence and it's probably not a coincidence either.

I'm sorry people were rude to you, maybe the rest of the community can try to make up for it somehow.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Breaking game mechanics is totally balancing it lol, defend it all you want but that's just retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    Breaking game mechanics is totally balancing it lol, defend it all you want but that's just retarded.
    Wait, we're talking about worms being able to chase you and birds at leypoint camp being higher in levels than their retail counterparts, right?

Both camps had been exploited to exhaustion for months on end before those changes were made, people wouldn't exp anywhere else and the exp/hr there was way higher than it's supposed to be, something had to be done cause there's very little vanilla in going 1-75 in a week in those two camps alone and it was getting out of hand. It seems reasonable to me.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by sheeple View Post
    completely discounts the fact that now people do not party above level 30 either, also not teaching new players how to properly party at all or even that their job can do things beyond level 30 abilities and spells. as well as discounting that these relics were all obtained during a time of easier dynamis ("tuned for low pop") with free entry (bird blood and bat wings were farmable then too) that new players are now double burdened with in addition to the extensive learning curve that dynamis has already. and ignoring the blatant falsehood that less than 5 people have completed relics. your argument that the changes are valid because you already have a relic is laughable and instead you insult players motivations and work ethic when really all we want is fairness for all. your argument is that its ok though because you have everything and the only thing left for you to do is carry the new players as these changes ensure their reliance on you to do so. the GMs are so out of touch with the game (feigned ignorance?) that they dont know blood pacts generate enmity for the avatar not the summoner and you can probably expect this to be changed effectively rendering them BLMs to counteract any emerging strategy that might allow new players to catch up to the establishment. nasomi tends to see the era through rose colored glasses (nasboat, ownm, iridal staff) and tries to substitute "grind" for "player skill" even though these two are not synonymous.
    I thought my reply to this yesterday went through guess it didnt, ill see if I can remember what it said.

I dont know why (or even who you are for that matter) but you seem to come off as very hostile, and Im not sure why. My post was not trying to belittle or talk down to anyone, but you are acting like a I have a "fuck everyone new" attitude which couldnt be further from the truth. I help people all the time on the server with stuff. If anyone needs a dyna win or a peice of relic gear, if they ask my LS Yes, we will usually never have a problem letting someone tag along.

I never said I agree with all the decisions Nasomi makes, but I usually see his reasoning for doing them. I assume dyna entrance fee was for a way to take money off the server, which is needed, although Im not sure dyna is the best way for that. At least its only the cities so you just need 200k to get your wins and can farm other zones for free.

Will everyone get the same experience? No. Is that entirely fair? No, but since the server isnt 100% complete, things will change over time. But Im not sure why you seem to have a problem with the older players, when 95% of them arent causing you any trouble, its not like I hit up nasomi and was like "yooo can you start charging 50k for dynamis, because fuck everyone" which everyone in my ls pays 50k to enter to get people wins and farm gear and currency when we go to cities also.

I feel most of this is more suited to be posted on the Nasomi forums, since that majority of the player base reads them. If for some reason you have a problem with me, feel free to send me a tell in game, my char is Sly. Shit if you need help with something feel free to ask me as well, I play on this private server for fun because I enjoyed playing XI for many years, and am in no way making what I posted out to be how you took it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Been playing the server for about 2 months now. I am going to give my overall impressions and observations.

The community thus far is incredibly friendly and helpful. I have only run into several shady people thus far. I've only encountered one really rude player that I would single out on the server. I want to thank Nasomi for providing this server, running and providing an alternative version of the game. I set out to make this post about as objective as I possibly can. This post comes with a disclaimer: I don't know what Nasomi can or cannot edit nor change in regards to the grand scheme of things.

I have observed many new players come in daily but the server has a retention problem. I've seen easily 50 new players join the server in my time here, however, overall numbers stay roughly the same. I find OWNM's to be lackluster and more of a hindrance than a boon. Often times OWNM's are in extremely bad locations, tight hallways etc. I don't see people expressing interest in killing them and they're always up. Perhaps the older players farmed what they wanted from them but I don't see newer players who are easily into their 50's now even showing interest in fighting them.

Multiple things that remain broken that I've yet to see any sort of communication about. Several instances include Monk AF1 quest that has been broken for months. Several quests that offer much needed gear to new players who are going to be poor for a long time. The Fear of flying quest is a perfect example which drops the only +int neck piece until level 40. The crawler literally pops and depops in seconds, before you even know where to be to attempt to claim the quest NM. Certain job abilities that are listed but don't work, "Tame" for bst being a prime example. Overall, I am enjoying my time on Nasomi thus far.

The closing of ToAU is a huge turn off to many people. I understand things are buggy and requires a colossal effort to fix but people were allowed to collect now priceless gear before the mobs got a level hike. There is a lot of useful gear that comes from those areas that are now pretty much off limits. I hope this is something Nasomi reconsiders in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarius View Post

I have observed many new players come in daily but the server has a retention problem. I've seen easily 50 new players join the server in my time here, however, overall numbers stay roughly the same. I find OWNM's to be lackluster and more of a hindrance than a boon. Often times OWNM's are in extremely bad locations, tight hallways etc. I don't see people expressing interest in killing them and they're always up. Perhaps the older players farmed what they wanted from them but I don't see newer players who are easily into their 50's now even showing interest in fighting them.
    OWNM were supposedly meant to provide 2 things:

1. the loot from the BCNM's that DSP didn't bother coding and that couldn't be single-handedly coded by Nasomi because it's a time consuming process and there's more important things that need fixing elsewhere in the game, whilst keeping the event itself in line with the oldschool experience;

2. an actual challenge.

I think they do a pretty great job at accomplishing both things while not deviating too much from retail XI, they're always up because they're hard and there's very few groups on the server with the gear and skill required to take down some of them, so they sit.

The same happened/happens with some HNM's, I guess it's a byproduct of certain strategies being so effective you didn't really need to learn how to play your job properly in an endgame environment, thankfully, whatever made cheap tactics viable has been patched out of the game or will soon be fixed, like mobs' lack of resistance to bind/grav/sleep, for instance.

Multiple things that remain broken that I've yet to see any sort of communication about.
    With all the due respect, most, if not all of the things you listed are hardly worth mention (gear, you're probably going to outlevel it so fast it doesn't even matter, the crawler sorta does work and people actually managed to kill it, BST is super OP as is, etc.), which is why Nas hasn't gotten around fixing them, probably.

Give it time, as soon as SE stops updating the game, he'll have a lot more time to take a look at these not-exactly-high-priority things.

The closing of ToAU is a huge turn off to many people. I understand things are buggy and requires a colossal effort to fix but people were allowed to collect now priceless gear before the mobs got a level hike. There is a lot of useful gear that comes from those areas that are now pretty much off limits. I hope this is something Nasomi reconsiders in the future.
    ToAU was not closed, it's still fully accessible, NPC work and mobs are higher level to incentivize people to explore the old world too, since it had been pretty much completely ignored up until now. Tbh, I don't mind it one bit, it brought back that "oh shit I've got to be careful while passing through this zone or else I'll get killed" feel that modern MMO's are lacking completely.

ToAU isn't being taken away forever either, he just wanted people to stop exploiting exp there and he also needs extra time to flesh it out more and fix the bugs people kept running into. Let's not forget that ToAU wasn't event meant to be on the server originally, it was an afterthought and Nasomi caved in only because people wanted to play ToAU jobs so bad, so he was like "alright, here's the jobs" but didn't really think the implications of having an half-coded expansion enabled through (especially considering that players inevitably tend to unrepentantly exploit glitches that make their on-server life easier).

So he's more like, alright, the ToAU border is there but trespass at your own risk (he even went through the hassle of making up a storyline that explained what was going on over there, it's on the forum, too bad no one gave a shit cause people are the worst).

None, and I repeat, none of the gear that was once available has now become unattainable (the only item I'm not 100% sure about is Walmart Turban but he said he's going to temporarily move that quest to the old world, besides, it still works, so if you got IS's - and people have IS's up the wazoo since there was literally nothing to spend em on and all they did was grinding in ToAU all day - you can get it), on the contrary, he also added ZNM's so a whole lot more gear options opened up.

I personally went out there and soloed Trolls for a shield-1 and Wivres for LC and BC mats, totally doable.

ZNM's can be killed too (PW included, when he doesn't oneshot you, that is) but yeah, it's high level content so expect them to be pretty tough.

Cerb/Khim/Hydra/Beastmen Kings levels were raised as well but hey, they used to be the shadows of their former selves (with Khim being solo'able due to sleep/bind/grav overpoweredness, luckily that's gotten fixed like last week or so and Cerb being duo'able by melee+RDM with ease) so having them that weak didn't really make a sliver of sense (also, I think we killed Cerb for 3 months straight without ever encountering competition, so why would it matter now).

Oops, we did it again, PW server's first, courtesy of Eminence LS (straight-tanked and 3-manned it too basically with 3 mains and 2 THF alts that sat on the sides, beat that).
    Gettin the Big Kills. 95% era.

I personally went out there and soloed Trolls for a Jambiya-1 and Wivres for LC and BC mats, totally doable.
    if nasomi didnt have to balance the game around people like searain he wouldnt have to break entire expansions which is really self-defeating as nasomi complains about having to fix broken things while simultaneously spending his time breaking things intentionally instead of fixing them. point is the general cycle here is that someone exploits something and the solution is to unreasonably punish everyone rather than work towards the spirit of the era and take appropriate action on the offender

User was infracted for this post.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

OWNM were supposedly meant to provide 2 things:

1. the loot from the BCNM's that DSP didn't bother coding and that couldn't be single-handedly coded by Nasomi because it's a time consuming process and there's more important things that need fixing elsewhere in the game, whilst keeping the event itself in line with the oldschool experience;

2. an actual challenge.

I think it does a pretty great job at accomplishing both things, they're always up because they're hard and there's very few groups on the server with the gear and skill required to take down some of them.

The same happened/happens with some HNM's, I've seen people wipe to Fafnir with a full alliance and 2-3 relics fielded, you can't make this shit up, I guess it's a byproduct of certain strategies being so effective you didn't really need to learn how to play your job properly in an endgame environment, thankfully, whatever made cheap tactics viable has been patched out of the game or will soon be fixed, like mobs' lack of resistance to bind/grav/sleep, for instance.

With all the due respect, most, if not all of the things you listed are hardly worth mention (gear, you're probably going to outlevel it so fast it doesn't even matter, the crawler sorta does work and people actually managed to kill it, BST is super OP as is, etc.), which is why Nas hasn't gotten around fixing them, probably.

Give it time, as soon as SE stops updating the game, he'll have a lot more time to take a look at these not-exactly-high-priority things.

ToAU was not closed, it's still fully accessible, NPC work and mobs are higher level to incentivize people to explore the old world too, since it had been pretty much completely ignored up until now. Tbh, I don't mind it one bit, it brought back that "oh shit I've got to be careful while passing through this zone or else I'll get killed" feel that modern MMO's are lacking completely.

ToAU isn't being taken away forever either, he just wanted people to stop exploiting exp there and he also needs extra time to flesh it out more and fix the bugs people kept running into. Let's not forget that ToAU wasn't event meant to be on the server originally, it was an afterthought and Nasomi caved in only because people wanted to play ToAU jobs so bad, so he was like "alright, here's the jobs" but didn't really think the implications of having an half-coded expansion enabled through (especially considering that players inevitably tend to unrepentantly exploit glitches that make their on-server life easier).

So he's more like, alright, the ToAU border is there but trespass at your own risk (he even went through the hassle of making up a storyline that explained what was going on over there, it's on the forum, too bad no one gave a shit cause people are the worst).

None, and I repeat, none of the gear that was once available has now become unattainable (the only item I'm not 100% sure about is Walmart Turban but he said he's going to temporarily move that quest to the old world, besides, it still works, so if you got IS's - and people have IS's up the wazoo since there was literally nothing to spend em on and all they did was grinding in ToAU all day - you can get it), on the contrary, he also added ZNM's so a whole lot more gear options opened up.

I personally went out there and soloed Trolls for a shield-1 and Wivres for LC and BC mats, totally doable.

ZNM's can be killed too (PW included, when he doesn't oneshot you, that is) but yeah, it's high level content so expect them to be pretty tough.

Cerb/Khim/Hydra/Beastmen Kings levels were raised as well but hey, they used to be the shadows of their former selves (with Khim being solo'able due to sleep/bind/grav overpoweredness, luckily that's gotten fixed like last week or so and Cerb being duo'able by melee+RDM with ease) so having them that weak didn't really make a sliver of sense (also, I think we killed Cerb for 3 months straight without ever encountering competition, so why would it matter now).
    I'm not buying "OWNM's aren't being done cause 'challenge.' They seem very unpopular overall from my standpoint. I have yet to see a group of new players get excited about going to x-zone and killing an OWNM. That is a problem on a server where a lot of people are poor and lack spells. You would think OWNM loot would be a priority but have seen 0 motivation from the newer players I've encountered that even considered an attempt to fight them.

As for ToAU, does that mean even normal NM's got their level hiked? Or is that just exp mobs and HNM's there? I am rather ignorant on that, never been to ToAU on the server. I just heard some of the rhetoric from some anxious people across various exp parties about the level hike making things off limits for people who weren't already established.

Gettin the Big Kills.
    Yeah man, we're having fun, both with the game and with people, problem? That's the whole point of XI.

Maybe if you weren't playing on a server you hated so much cause it's "2 hurd durr" you'd have fun too.

95% era.
    So, what part of

he also needs extra time to flesh it out more and fix the bugs people kept running into. Let's not forget that ToAU wasn't event meant to be on the server originally, it was an afterthought and Nasomi caved in only because people wanted to play ToAU jobs so bad, so he was like "alright, here's the jobs" but didn't really think the implications of having an half-coded expansion enabled through (especially considering that players inevitably tend to unrepentantly exploit glitches that make their on-server life easier).
    you didn't get?

Of course PW isn't era correct right now, still, it was a 3.5 hours fight that took like 1 hr to set up and we all died several times in the process and barely made it, so it was both fun and challenging;

we figured that having less people on it was actually beneficial since it TP's like crazy (DSP fault, not Nasomi), resists all sort of debuffs and its TP moves are lethal and that there was a way to lure/sac lamps away (again, DSP fault, not Nasomi), so what?

Still, we later learnt that he got TP moves in certain forms that do up to 10k damage (again, DSP fault, not Nasomi), so killing it was actually quite the accomplishment and, most importantly, we had tons of fun. By the way, what's stopping you from fighting it too, exactly?

BEsides, feel free to start coding ToAU content if you want it to be 100% era-correct yesterday.

if nasomi didnt have to balance the game around people like searain he wouldnt have to break entire expansions which is really self-defeating as nasomi complains about having to fix broken things while simultaneously spending his time breaking things intentionally instead of fixing them. point is the general cycle here is that someone exploits something and the solution is to unreasonably punish everyone rather than work towards the spirit of the era and take appropriate action on the offender
    Then, don't play on Nasomi. Problem solved. Also what, my character has nothing special, it's just a PLD with tons of hours worth of progression poured into it.

Go level PLD, find a bunch of friends willing to help you, spend some time gearing it up and you'll have more or less exactly the same stuff I have.

Are you really arguing that the server is too hard? Cause that's a good thing for a "classic" server, you know. There's plenty of "10x exp, 20x crafting skill ups" instant gratification-driven XI private servers out there, pick one and go have some fun if you don't like it here. No one's holding you at gunpoint.

Also, Nasomi's spending tons of time and efforts and money to provide oldschool fans with a server that resembles as closely as possible (within the realm of feasible given the inherent technical constraints of such an herculean feat) Cop/ToAU era retail and asking absolutely nothing in return... and all you do is making shit up with a fake account on the internet to defame his efforts, just because your temper tantrums didn't get you anywhere in game.

You want it easy, you want it now, you want it your way? Make your own private server then, perhaps?

Also, you make no sense, you want "offenders" being punished but then you claim that "GM's are too strict" /which is bs as well but whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
    I'm not buying "OWNM's aren't being done cause 'challenge.' They seem very unpopular overall from my standpoint. I have yet to see a group of new players get excited about going to x-zone and killing an OWNM. That is a problem on a server where a lot of people are poor and lack spells. You would think OWNM loot would be a priority but have seen 0 motivation from the newer players I've encountered that even considered an attempt to fight them.
    Ok so, what do you suggest? Also, why are we talking about this on BG and not on the Nasomi forums?

People want loot, OWMN's got loot, OWNMs are always up... I'm not sure I understand what the problem is here. You'd rather not have them?

I mean, it's not like they're mandatory or anything, their loot simply didn't exist in the game before their implementation so... better than nothing?

I just heard some of the rhetoric from some anxious people across various exp parties about the level hike making things off limits for people who weren't already established.
    I hope you now realize it was bullshit.