+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain View Post
    other players: unrepentantly exploit glitches that make their on-server life easier
    when i do it: we're having fun, that's the whole point of XI.
    server complete with jp superiority complex as well, this really is the era

Quote Originally Posted by sheeple View Post
    server complete with jp superiority complex as well, this really is the era
    I'm not sure I get the analogy.

Are you implying that going 1-75 in a week on several jobs by mindlessly grinding all day the same bugged exp spots while glitching level sync to get perma-sync'd is the same as killing once a mob that's been up for months and that took an insane amount of time and playing skill and preparation (and luck) to get done? Like, for real?

Apples and oranges, literally. Going with your logic, everything in the game is an "exploit" simply because it isn't a 100,00% carbon copy of retail. You're grasping at straws, go away.

I'm not sure I get the analogy, sorry.

Are you implying that going 1-75 in a week on several jobs by mindlessly grinding all day the same bugged exp spots while glitching level sync to get perma-sync'd is the same as killing once a mob that's been up for months and that took an insane amount of time and playing skill and preparation (and luck) to get done? Like, for real?

Apples and oranges, literally. Going with your logic, everything in the game is an "exploit" simply because it isn't a 100,00% carbon copy of retail. You're grasping at straws, go away.
    the logic seems pretty obvious to everyone but you as everyone else keeps chiming in with the same sentiments that you keep adamantly denying to preserve your (lack of) accomplishment. pretty sure anyone grinding all day will reach 75 rather quickly regardless of how much you hate someone min/maxing their xp/hr and using best practices. you selectively cite dsp limitations as not your fault but hold them against everyone else. people shouldnt need a fully geared pld with relics to farm trash mobs, where is the logic or era in that? you browbeat everyone with the idea of grinding and character development while in the same sentence denying them the opportunity ("you will just outlevel it too quickly anyway") and ignore the fact that being unable to complete af1 quest means they cannot do any AF quest, among other things, because it doesnt affect you. also you flat out lie to new players like Zarius who become extremely disenfranchised when they get told its all sunny days only to get to TOAU and get destroyed by trash mobs while watching players like you exploit your way through a 3man PW kill and then boasting of it like it was a legit effort. if PW wasnt working right why did you continue to fight it instead of reporting the issue to nasomi?

people shouldnt need a fully geared pld with relics to farm trash mobs, where is the logic or era in that?
    What, no one needs a fully geared pld with relics to do anything, I did the same stuff I'm doing now with NQ Byrnie, RK conquest points pants, a lolLord's Armet a Joyeuse and a Tatami Shield, it was just a bit less efficient.

No clue where you're getting this idea from, you probably haven't played on the server long enough to get the chance to figure things out for yourself.

you browbeat everyone with the idea of grinding and character development while in the same sentence denying them the opportunity ("you will just outlevel it too quickly anyway") and ignore the fact that being unable to complete af1 quest means they cannot do any AF quest, (...) because it doesnt affect you.
    PLD AF quests never worked. I still don't have any piece of PLD AF. So what? Who cares, I outlevelled that stuff so fast (even though I'm like, super slow when it comes to exping) that by the time Nas noticed my post on the forum about it I was already 65+ and getting Dyna AFv2.

A shitton of stuff didn't work when I levelled up and it kept not working for a while, did you see me making posts on BG whining about it? Nope, I focused on what worked at the time, tried to help out with fixes (the enmity tests I did that the DSP developers then used as reference to fix stuff) and waited it out and it was totally worth it cause the server has improved tenfold since.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Hello,
    Just some quick questions:
    If I copy FFXI over to a flash drive for portability, Could I say run the launcher to get into Nasomi and point it to the flash drives files? or does the launcher need to read any registry keys?
    Also is that casting lag on the nasomi server?
    Thank you for your time.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ok so, what do you suggest? Also, why are we talking about this on BG and not on the Nasomi forums?

People want loot, OWMN's got loot, OWNMs are always up... I'm not sure I understand what the problem is here. You'd rather not have them?

I mean, it's not like they're mandatory or anything, their loot simply didn't exist in the game before their implementation so... better than nothing?

I hope you now realize it was bullshit.
    Like I said, it is all personal observation. I can only base my views on my experiences thus far and from befriending newer players. I would like you to clarify ToAU mob levels and farming there. How many people does it take to farm a basic NM(Not HNM). Lets use an example of like Jet Seraweels NM in the woodlands. Are we talking needing an alliance here to overcome the increased mob levels? A party of 6 75's? Keep in mind, non-relic tanks and DD. There seems to be a lot of misinformation going around the server about ToAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrian View Post
    Hello,
    If I copy FFXI over to a flash drive for portability, Could I say run the launcher to get into Nasomi and point it to the flash drives files? or does the launcher need to read any registry keys?
    I have no idea honestly, it probably does, try asking in the "Tech Support" section of the Nasomi forum though: http://nasomi.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10

Or ask Nasomi on IRC: http://nasomi.net/

Or ask on the FB page: https://facebook.com/nasomi

There is no lag.

In fact, I have a pretty terrible DSL connection and I'm playing from EU and I don't get any lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
    Like I said, it is all personal observation. I can only base my views on my experiences thus far and from befriending newer players. I would like you to clarify ToAU mob levels and farming there. How many people does it take to farm a basic NM(Not HNM). Lets use an example of like Jet Seraweels NM in the woodlands. Are we talking needing an alliance here to overcome the increased mob levels? A party of 6 75's? Keep in mind, non-relic tanks and DD.
    No idea really as I haven't killed that specific mob in ages, I think you'd be better off asking this kinda questions on the Nasomi forum. I know of people who did that Amaretrat ZNM with just 2 characters (pretty sure BSTs can solo it, too) and it's probably tougher than Jaded Jody so it shouldn't be too bad really.

No idea really as I haven't killed that specific mob in ages
    say that from the beginning. everything, even trash mobs that are not NMs, are level 99 and you will die very quickly. rather than pull some levers that would have real and relevant impacts (amount of mobs, respawn times, *appropriate* level increases, disabling defective content etc) everything got broken worse than it was, effectively punishing everyone, and searain is here trying to tell you its all sunshine and to 'get like him' when he doesnt even know what hes talking about. he knows someone that killed a ZNM at some point and he 3man'd PW

cut
    So, who are you in the game anyway?

I'll log on one of my alts Lv 75 (courtesy of a friend who quit long ago) with nothing but AH gear and show you that you're full of shit.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Oh and by casting lag I mean't when retail shortened the casting of low level spells, at one point DSP had visible input lag from when the cast finished to when the spell auctually cast. It may have been fixed already since that build I played

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

say that from the beginning. everything, even trash mobs that are not NMs, are level 99 and you will die very quickly. rather than pull some levers that would have real and relevant impacts (amount of mobs, respawn times, *appropriate* level increases, disabling defective content etc) everything got broken worse than it was, effectively punishing everyone, and searain is here trying to tell you its all sunshine and to 'get like him' when he doesnt even know what hes talking about. he knows someone that killed a ZNM at some point and he 3man'd PW
    All will be revealed soon, I am not far from 75. I have no problem telling it like it is. I've read every post in this thread before signing up to play on Nasomi and have not let what was said influence my decision. I do agree with some of the concerns brought up in this thread but I'll hold onto those for now.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So here's the thing. Cassalot already warned everyone here. Next step is multiple people taking a break.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Is Blue Mage fixed yet? I heard they were working on Darkstar this week to fix the spells that keep getting erased? thanks.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by rickspringg View Post
    Is Blue Mage fixed yet? I heard they were working on Darkstar this week to fix the spells that keep getting erased? thanks.
    Not yet, spells are lost upon zoning still atm.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Chrian View Post
    Hello,
    Thank you for your time.
    Yes and no. There's two things you need if you copy over. One is the registry settings, and one is the DLL registrations. I have made scripts to do both, but the dll reg's only work on win7 64bit atm, as that's what I created them for. I can root around for them if you'd like.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

OWNM were supposedly meant to provide 2 things:

None, and I repeat, none of the gear that was once available has now become unattainable (the only item I'm not 100% sure about is Walmart Turban but he said he's going to temporarily move that quest to the old world, besides, it still works, so if you got IS's - and people have IS's up the wazoo since there was literally nothing to spend em on and all they did was grinding in ToAU all day - you can get it), on the contrary, he also added ZNM's so a whole lot more gear options opened up.

I personally went out there and soloed Trolls for a shield-1 and Wivres for LC and BC mats, totally doable.

Ok, I want to make this clear. I am not here to start any kinda flame war or be disrespectful, just only going to post from experience and to inform others who are looking into the server. I have been 75 for about a month now on nasomi and this is just flat out wrong. The ToAU regular NM's are also level 99 which effectively stops players from being able to get some important gear that early risers got easy access to. I would probably need to gather an alliance to farm some of those good items that could have been easily farmed under regular circumstances and trying to get people for that is going to be impossible. I found the NM I wanted to fight, it is effectively level 99 and hits over 350dmg a hit, luckly I survived as I warped out.

I don't know when you went out to solo trolls for a shield but I am thinking you did that prior to the level 99 hike.

I am going to say it right now. I am supremely disappointed at the level of misinformation out there, lets not mislead people, that harms potential server growth, lets be honest and tell the truth. Yes, also, you can get turbans but you're going to be paying a million gil per pop at the minimum to someone who farmed a boat load of IS before all the mobs became level 99. Every one who is coming in who got access to ToAU NM drops prior to the level hike are at a severe disadvantage now. This is the biggest issue amongst the players from what I've gathered in speaking about it in exp parties or on tells.

This discussion is important because these are BG forums where some of the biggest community of FFXI players still exist. I furthermore understand this is a complicated issue with no easy fix. I just want people to know if you plan to start on Nasomi, you're going into a worse situation than NA's did when we came into the game after the JP's got a 1.5 year headstart. It is an extremely bad move to allow players to easily farm items then hike the mobs up to level 99 to prevent newer generations the same opportunity. If the leveling was too fast due to perma-syncing on birds, I don't understand why level sync just couldn't of been disabled in ToAU areas.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Why are ToAU mobs Lv99? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
    The ToAU regular NM's are also level 99 which effectively stops players from being able to get some important gear that early risers got easy access to. I would probably need to gather an alliance to farm some of those good items that could have been easily farmed under regular circumstances and trying to get people for that is going to be impossible. I found the NM I wanted to fight, it is effectively level 99 and hits over 350dmg a hit, luckly I survived as I warped out.
    There isn't a single NM out there that can't be killed by 3-4 players, a full party is already overkill (the only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Chigoe ZNM, but it's worthless anyway so who cares). Most HNM also fall under that category, unless Deadwing got around fixing them (haven't been playing much lately, admittedly but my buddies keep me updated through whatsapp).

But yeah, gotta have a balanced party comprised of people who actually know what they're doing and a PLD, since shield seems to be extremely effective at reducing damage, the stuff that hits you for 350 would hit a walmart/AH PLD for 80-90, cause this is bizarro XI. A skilled RDM/NIN might also work, too bad there's like 1, maybe 2 of those on our server tops.

I don't know when you went out to solo trolls for a shield but I am thinking you did that prior to the level 99 hike.
    Absolutely not, I did it right after because I thought ToAU would've gotten phased out in the matter of weeks (which didn't happen).

PLD/RDM is one helluva solo'er. You might argue that I'm among the best tanks to ever grace the game but it's so easy anybody could do it, really. Git gud, etc.

Yes, also, you can get turbans but you're going to be paying a million gil per pop at the minimum to someone who farmed a boat load of IS before all the mobs became level 99.
    Ohnoes, you've been 75 for a month and you still got shit left to do. Totally unacceptable.

I am going to say it right now. I am supremely disappointed at the level of misinformation out there, lets not mislead people, that harms potential server growth, lets be honest and tell the truth. (...) Every one who is coming in who got access to ToAU NM drops prior to the level hike are at a severe disadvantage now.
    Name an item, I'll get 2 or 3 more people and show you how it's done, without relics equipped. Then I'll post the video on here. It's cool, it'll actually give me a reason to log in.

Again, you're just bad at the game, like the vast majority of people playing on Nasomi right now. Last I checked everyone was zombie'ing stuff with SMN avatars cause it requires very little coordination and teamwork and like, 0 skill/gear. Just sad but to each his own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Why are ToAU mobs Lv99? What?
    Because balance. You might want to read the last 20 pages or so tho, I'm not entirely sure I feel like explaining it for the 7th or 8th time. Just keep in mind that the code was rewritten from the ground up and this isn't a 1:1 carbon copy of retail, hence the discrepancies.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I know you're used to dealing with plebs who won't drag your face through the mud but I'd advise you to watch the tone.
    Aside from that, absolutely fuck reading 20 pages. Either explain it again or just don't bother responding to me.