+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

tldr; searain is one of those players who had it extremely easy (spoiler alert, homebody has 5 relics)

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    tldr;
    Nice ignoratio elenchi you got there, brah.

(spoiler alert, homebody has 5 relics)
    Wait, what?

I don't have 5 relics lol, I have no idea where you're getting this from (my excal took 6-7 months to upgrade with an entire LS devoting their time and currency to do so and I got tons of coins loaned to me as well), goes to show that you, indeed, don't have a clue about this server (being a subjobless Lv5 who's been on the server for like a whopping 2 days, that doesn't surprise me in the slightest). Please, stop shitposting, if you got issues with the server, take it to Nasomi on IRC or post on the official forums and, most importantly, get your facts straight while you're at it.

Also, look who's talking, weren't you a complete tool back in retail, buying/selling and scamming people out of their accounts, stealing stuff and botting/exploiting like there's no tomorrow?

Talk about having it easy, such an authoritative opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Daak
    find any? I have like 15 different BG aliases just to flame you homosexuals because that's what i live for
    Quote Originally Posted by Eanae
    He got himself banned from BG for being a complete jackass. Wouldn't give him the light of day.
    Into the trash it goes.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

things were significantly easier in the game prior to recent adjustments.

dynamis currency was 2x easier to obtain and items in general were as well due to rampant duping/gil exploits.
    The game is constantly changing, it's not perfect. Holes are plugged and exploits are fixed as fast as I can find them. For the most part, players are pretty good about it. Sure there are a couple bad eggs here and there, but they typically get found out and dealt with.

I'm sure if you stick around you'll enjoy it. Players are, for the most part, really good and easy to get a long with.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Out of curiosity, what happened with limbus? Broke my heart that I can't get limbus gear

Also, loving the server Nasomi. Thanks for everything

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    Out of curiosity, what happened with limbus? Broke my heart that I can't get limbus gear
    Pretty sure Limbus works 100%. People in my LS did a run like yesterday.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh, someone in the big linkshell was saying it didn't work. That's great to hear so much PLD gear from there I needed

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain View Post
    Nice ignoratio elenchi you got there, brah.

Wait, what?

I don't have 5 relics lol, I have no idea where you're getting this from (my excal took 6-7 months to upgrade with an entire LS devoting their time and currency to do so and I got tons of coins loaned to me as well), goes to show that you, indeed, don't have a clue about this server (being a subjobless Lv5 who's been on the server for like a whopping 2 days, that doesn't surprise me in the slightest). Please, stop shitposting, if you got issues with the server, take it to Nasomi on IRC or post on the official forums and, most importantly, get your facts straight while you're at it.

Also, look who's talking, weren't you a complete tool back in retail, buying/selling and scamming people out of their accounts, stealing stuff and botting/exploiting like there's no tomorrow?

Talk about having it easy, such an authoritative opinion on the matter.

Into the trash it goes.
    you must have a lot of time if you're digging around for posts from 10 years ago, i pity you. being a busy person i do my research and even in my first post i said i was new to the server so i don't see how calling me a "subjobless level 5" is relevant, most people reading this thread will be debating if it's worth pointing time into, having never played here, and will also be subjobless level 5's at some point. (also i'm lvl 13, get rekt scrub.)

sorry i called you out buddy

Quote Originally Posted by nasomi View Post
    The game is constantly changing, it's not perfect. Holes are plugged and exploits are fixed as fast as I can find them. For the most part, players are pretty good about it. Sure there are a couple bad eggs here and there, but they typically get found out and dealt with.

I'm sure if you stick around you'll enjoy it. Players are, for the most part, really good and easy to get a long with.
    when half the server believes that you made dynamis currency much harder to get after a specific player finished their relic it's pretty sketchy to to believe you're trying very hard. running a server is tough and it's respectable that you devote your time and money to it, but playing favorites makes you lose all credibility especially if you're denying that you're doing so.

but i'll bow out, as i said in my first post the server has potential. unfortunately entitled children like this searrin fellow make it tough as a new player to find motivation to grind

you must have a lot of time if you're digging around for posts from 10 years ago, i pity you.
    Actually, it was pointed out to me after you made a scene about relics (of all things) in the big social LS, as subjobless Lv5, like 2 hours into the game, on a new server you know nothing about, basing all of your claims on hearsays and unverified informations.

You must've been one hell of a troublemaker for people to still remember about your misdeeds, 10 years later, which kinda invalidates your preposterous and bizarre opinions even further.

being a busy person i do my research and even in my first post i said i was new to the server so i don't see how calling me a "subjobless level 5" is relevant, most people reading this thread will be debating if it's worth pointing time into, having never played here, and will also be subjobless level 5's at some point.
    It's relevant because it proves you know very little about the server and the 400~ people playing on it.

Even then, let's assume you were right for the sake of argument (although you clearly are not): your toon's progression is gonna be slightly harder compared to the kinda stuff those who started playing 3 goddamn years ago went through (debatable at best but let's roll with it)... so what?

Didn't non-JP have it harder than JP's when they started retail? I was there in Dec 2003, it wasn't easy.

That's kinda par of the course when you're joining a MMORPG in already established worlds.

Besides, MMORPG are mutable in nature and their contents are prone to frequent changes, being an XI veteran and all, you should know better.

Also, do you realize you're playing on a private server managed by a single person, that's been a work in progress for the better part of the last 3 years, that's only recently reached full-blown stability and that is still being balanced out as we speak (SE ceased updating retail however, so we'll get there soon hopefully), with code still being written by both Nasomi and the DSP guys?

Deal with it and carry on bro.

that you made dynamis currency much harder to get after a specific player finished their relic it's pretty sketchy to to believe you're trying very hard. running a server is tough and it's respectable that you devote your time and money to it, but playing favorites makes you lose all credibility especially if you're denying that you're doing so.
    Had you been on the server for longer than 2 days, you'd know that Nasomi hates everyone equally and he would never ever play favorites.

Tell you what, I think he fucking hates me too, because I get a kick off of calling people out on their bs in this thread, when we would probably be better off ignoring blatant trolling altogether instead.

Back to us, Dynamis had to be fixed at some point, aren't you glad it's as close as retail specs as it gets now? Had to be done sooner or later because the server is still aiming for authenticity (I would've personally left it the way it was but that's besides the point).

Furthermore, I could be mistaken but, initially, Nas wasn't aware that the drop rates were slightly higher (as he doesn't play the game, he's too busy fixing stuff all the time) and honestly thought there were no relics on the server or something.

It wasn't until the players who were actually doing Dynamis pointed it out to him that he started debating whether he should've brought it down a notch or not. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong then, but, afaik, you can still enter Dynamis every 24 hr anyway.

but i'll bow out,
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out, pal.

I'm still convinced that you should give it a shot though, the server is really fun for what it is and, by the look of it, you're a competent and knowledgeable player who happens to share our passion for classic XI.

Nasomi is unforgiving, grindy and getting anything done, even the most menial tasks, require effort and teamwork and that's our good ol' XI right there.

User was infracted for this post.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

nah, games are generally adjusted to be easier not harder after people have already obtained the content/item when it was easy.

i'm not going to reply to the rest of your post as you just come off as an entitled stay at home mom, best not to engage.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

A whole bunch of shit.
    Dude. Any time a single person utters even a slightly negative word about Nasomi you're here giving them a ton of grief. Knock it off. And before you start complaining, go back and look at your post history in this thread. You've done it numerous times.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    Oh, someone in the big linkshell was saying it didn't work. That's great to hear so much PLD gear from there I needed
    It's actually Ix'Aern DRK in Sea that isn't coded. DSP also confirmed JoJ, JoL, and AV aren't properly coded yet either which is why they haven't coded Ix'Aern DRK.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Dude. Any time a single person utters even a slightly negative word about Nasomi you're here giving them a ton of grief. Knock it off. And before you start complaining, go back and look at your post history in this thread. You've done it numerous times.
    Brill, You do realize that 90% of the posts on here are from self-entitled, disgruntled asshats who expected to get on Nasomi server and turn it into their own personal playground just because it's a private server and were subsequently told to stop cheating/exploiting/demanding free stuff?

To add insult to injury, most of the time it's fake accounts too.

They come to Bluegartr because they're fully aware that tons of former XI players still browse the site on daily basis and all it takes is one post full of bs to mislead quite a few potential players.

Had this not been their intention, they'd be posting on the Nasomi forum instead.

I may be "giving them grief" but if we aren't allowed to point out a bunch of outright lies in blatantly trolling posts, then might as well disallow private servers discussion on BG.

At least I'm trying to back up my claims and explain the situation to the best of my ability.

The thing is, If you think that people badmouthing the server without even playing on it isn't trolling, then I dunno what to tell you... what are we even supposed to do?

Anyway, I'll take it up to Sonomaa and see what they got to say about it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

half the server believes that you made dynamis currency much harder to get after a specific player finished their relic it's pretty sketchy to to believe you're trying very hard. running a server is tough and it's respectable that you devote your time and money to it, but playing favorites makes you lose all credibility especially if you're denying that you're doing so.
    That would imply that I have any idea what anyone is doing. I don't follow players lives, there's 400+ of them, and quite honestly I'm just not interested. I have no idea who has what relic. I don't get involved in the players lives, or even log onto the game unless there is someone cheating. Sure, sometimes I might log in, poke around, but that's the extent of it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Who put the bop in the bop sh'bop?

Spoilers
    Spoiler: show
    God

Cassalot

I'm with Brill on this one. Every single time someone gives a negative opinion on Nasomi server you quickly call them wrong and defend it until your fingers bleed. Its their opinion. Stop forcing YOUR opinion down their throats. Let them feel and think how they want. More than likely, you aren't going to change how they feel.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Brill, You do realize that 90% of the posts on here are from self-entitled, disgruntled asshats who expected to get on Nasomi server and turn it into their own personal playground just because it's a private server and were subsequently told to stop cheating/exploiting/demanding free stuff?

To add insult to injury, most of the time it's fake accounts too.

They come to Bluegartr because they're fully aware that tons of former XI players still browse the site on daily basis and all it takes is one post full of bs to mislead quite a few potential players.

Had this not been their intention, they'd be posting on the Nasomi forum instead.

I may be "giving them grief" but if we aren't allowed to point out a bunch of outright lies in blatantly trolling posts, then might as well disallow private servers discussion on BG.

At least I'm trying to back up my claims and explain the situation to the best of my ability.

The thing is, If you think that people badmouthing the server without even playing on it isn't trolling, then I dunno what to tell you... what are we even supposed to do?

The last two that I actually followed were Aiden and now D44K. They aren't socks or trolls. They are both long time posters here. They posted negative opinions and you leaped to Nasomi's defense. There are posts from sock accounts that were collaborated by established posters here, sure. All of them were opinions. The constant factor in what follows is you.

You claim people are posting "outright lies" and trying to "mislead" people. I see people posting nothing more than a different opinion that yours. Shame on them. Let's recap. This was the initial cause of all your responses.

Been playing on this server for a couple days now.

i'll keep this short. in my opinion the server has a lot going for it, it's stable, it gives you that old FFXI vibe and there's tons of new players.

the cons are that it seems the oldschool players have quite the step up but hopefully that's addressed at some point.
    things were significantly easier in the game prior to recent adjustments.

dynamis currency was 2x easier to obtain and items in general were as well due to rampant duping/gil exploits.
    Nothing here was a lie or a troll job. Yet you immediately went on the attack. Which is exactly what you do. Every time. If you can't stomach someone having a different opinion than you, don't read the thread. You're not on Nasomi's payroll. Or maybe you are. Either way idgaf. If you keep attacking people for posting their opinions the time outs will get longer. I would strongly encourage you to go take it up with Sonomaa lol. Good luck with that.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I don't see how the guy with all the fancy 75 cap endgame items coming to this thread and shutting down the slightest mention of issue helps this servers credibility. It makes the whole thing look weird and shady.

Just one more reason I never kept on with it. Searain guy makes everything really awkward. I hate to think someone like him is on the top end of the game. =( I don't think you're helping as much as you think you are. It immediately struck me as odd that you have all this top end garbage and you're always the first one here lapping up Nas' leftovers. Be whatever it is, it's weird and you might want to consider that. People that actually played vanilla XI on a serious level are looking at you funny. We're pretty sure you didn't get that shit as quickly as you did under 2007 retail rules. If things were made more difficult after some players had already cleared content and gotten their items, people kind of deserve to know that. I definitely would like to. It's not so much a bad thing but when the responses are what they have been, it's easy to look at it as such.

If the server warrants criticism, that probably means it's gaining popularity. People have the right to view the negatives as well as the positives. This is a feedback thread/a thread to garner attention is it not? If you just want more players and to gain popularity I think you'd do better to take a step back as you're kind of off-putting atm. =( If I just skimmed this I'd swear that you were the owner/moderator for the servers, when you're really not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    I don't see how the guy with all the fancy 75 cap endgame items coming to this thread and shutting down the slightest mention of issue helps this servers credibility. It makes the whole thing look weird and shady.

Just one more reason I never kept on with it. Searain guy makes everything really awkward. I hate to think someone like him is on the top end of the game. =( I don't think you're helping as much as you think you are. It immediately struck me as odd that you have all this top end garbage and you're always the first one here lapping up Nas' leftovers. Be whatever it is, it's weird and you might want to consider that. People that actually played vanilla XI on a serious level are looking at you funny. We're pretty sure you didn't get that shit as quickly as you did under 2007 retail rules. If things were made more difficult after some players had already cleared content and gotten their items, people kind of deserve to know that. I definitely would like to. It's not so much a bad thing but when the responses are what they have been, it's easy to look at it as such.

If the server warrants criticism, that probably means it's gaining popularity. People have the right to view the negatives as well as the positives. This is a feedback thread/a thread to garner attention is it not? If you just want more players and to gain popularity I think you'd do better to take a step back as you're kind of off-putting atm. =( If I just skimmed this I'd swear that you were the owner/moderator for the servers, when you're really not.
    I'm genuinely sorry that you felt that way Nep, keep in mind that I have no saying in how the server is run (some things, I would've done differently myself, in fact), nor am I involved in any capacity in its management (I barely log in these days and even in game, I generally tend to keep to myself).

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    Be whatever it is, it's weird and you might want to consider that. People that actually played vanilla XI on a serious level are looking at you funny. We're pretty sure (...)
    For what it's worth, I did play vanilla XI on a "serious level" though, I was among the top players on my server for a while, my LS dominated the endgame scene on there for years on end and I contributed to quite a few XI-mechanics/strats related threads on here (and elsewhere) as well (I was in the BG Wiki staff when it first came out, too), thus, I'm fairly familiar with how classic XI used to work; on the other hand, I also realize this is a private server running its own code, with all the limitations and compromises that come bundled with it.

Ultimately, I was just trying to bring context and give my side of the story. Perhaps, I should've tried to get my point across in a less direct, less abrupt manner. For that, I apologize.

As Brill said, matter of opinion I guess and everyone is entitled to their own, so let's leave it at that. :-)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The thing is most people who play and enjoy it aren't actively seeking out a thread to post about their jubilation in. Typically people only start to speak up when they view something as negative and/or they are intentionally trolling. It's not a perfect replica of classic FFXI but it's the closest thing that exists currently.

I guess I could swerve the norm and post some positive feedback. Nas does a great job considering the amount of work managing this beast requires and the fact that he's put so much of his own money and time into it and doesn't even get to play speaks volumes. From a stability standpoint it's crazy how well this server runs. I'd venture to say there is less downtime and crash issues than there were in the official SE servers.