+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

We do it right, don't worry. Death penalty, regular xp rates, no hand holding. But it's worked well to develop a great community of players.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have been hoping for something like this for a long time. That other well known ffxi private server was not authentic or classic in any senses of those words.

Getting that nostalgic feeling already, just need Lucavi in here complaining about drg, or rng, or kittens, or w/e.

P.S. Hopefully this goes the direction of the EQ P99 server, which has hundreds of players consistently as far as I know.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Would be nice if it got big, but we need to start building an actual economy. No money in circulation hardly and just about everyone is walking around 90% naked, rofl. Remember watching RMT parties? Yeah, everyone looks like that. Lv40s in scale mail. rofl

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Right now is a little bit of a strange time, with the holiday celebration. With the lack of people a while back I had introduced holiday buffs like perfect dodge, sentinal, mighty strikes, regain, hundred fists, chainspell, and manafront for a duration of 30min, so people could fight that special evil boss that they would normally require a party to defeat. First time it was 2hr back in August. The 2hr abilities for 2 hours. It was only a weekend but became quickly apparent that it was a bit to powerful and people just used it to grind out levels. The following halloween holiday I added them for 30min, it was less popular, but people still enjoyed it.

The way it would work is you had to go to a moogle in any of the 3 starting cities and talk to them to get the buffs. Go out an adventure, you had 30min until they wore. Now we're in the starlight celebration and I brought it back one last time as the population is becoming self-sufficient so players can work together to fight monsters. I did have to remove manafront from the list, a blm figured out how to get chain 500 off IT++ mobs.

It was supposed to be 1-20 superman buffs, and 21-75 Prot3, regen, refresh, shell, and flee. However changing jobs from 1-20 to a higher level didn't make the buffs wear like intended.

So when you see 40 in level 13 gear, it's because they leveled it a bit fast and are trying to get it in before the holiday buffs end.

Since harvesting isn't bug-free yet, I'm working on npc's that will sell the harvested items. There was a demand for the elemental staves, so an npc was added for them, but is hidden in the world. NQ are 20k, HQ are 200k each. It's there, but it's not cheap. And you have to pay the shop owner 10k before he'll even talk to you.

I'm working on current things that are a bit buggy, and trying to make work-arounds for stuff that isn't fixed yet. However the work-arounds are not giving stuff away for free. Everything will require the same amount of work, if not more. But I'm trying to keep it interesting. Puzzles and games to get special stuff.

People are camping NM's more and more, farming, grinding almost around hte clock. The top gil guy had about 4mil. He's down to 2mil after he found the elemental staves npc and bought all the HQ ones.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by nasomi View Post
    So when you see 40 in level 13 gear, it's because they leveled it a bit fast and are trying to get it in before the holiday buffs end.
    While that is part of the reason, it really doesn't help the fact there is no stable way of making money to try and keep up with AH prices that you pulled from a retail server. Not complaining, just pointing out minor things as I really enjoy the server so far.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Logged on the other day and leveled THF a bit just screwing around and changed my mind, figured I'd WHM it up and then I hit up the magic shop in Sandy to buy a few lowbie white magic spells (since the AH prices seem to be retarded) and I found that it was borked.

Logged off.

If the AH was more convenient for such a small community I think playing here would be a lot more viable but as soon as I noticed that, I noped hard. Playing on this server seems it would likely be more gruelling than it ever was on retail just because of cash issues, lol (unless the AH auto-buys stuff you try to sell, which I doubt).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

This is great news! One of the main reasons I keep stalking XI forums is in hopes of a fully-working private server that meets what I'm looking for.

The thing that kept me playing (before I finally quit) was the story and lore which are unrivaled by any other MMORPG. However, the only expansion story I haven't completed is Seekers of Adoulin. So unless someone actually gets that working, while keeping the core game intact (I guess it would require adjusting the content so it's not based around iLevels since that's why I quit retail), I don't see myself going into it again.

But it's nice to see that people are still attempting to get a private server going, a decade after XI's release. Especially after SE has canned such efforts (projectXI) in the past. Keep up the good work

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

In other news, the magic shop in Sandy seems to work now for unknown reasons but my character is (or was as of me going to work this morning) stuck out of bounds in San d'Oria after a warp.
    There's a Home Point near the S. Sandy AH and I probably shouldn't use it again... lol

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

There was a small exploit over the past couple days, which allowed players to make an obscene amount of gil. Because of it I had to remove about 1bil gil from the game, remove 4000 AH purchases, and wipe the AH clean. Only took me 8 hours.

People weren't happy, but that would have destroyed any chance of an economy. Fortunately most players took it in stride, and a few started collecting materials to start a craft. I'm fixing the gathering points, right now the ID's are broken. I"m putting in NPC's that sell basic crafting materials that wouldn't be obtainable otherwise.

With a fresh start on the AH and most gil removed, crafting started, a real economy is entirely possible.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quick Question: If I have an updated version of ffxi on my pc already, all I should need to do is download Ashita I would assume. Any shortened steps for what to do in that case?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If you have the game already, yes, just download ashita and go. Most of the steps deal with getting the game installed and updated. When you download ashita you'll need to update that too though. Be sure to edit the config in ashita.exe to suit your tastes such as screen resolution, etc. After that run ashita boot.exe as administrator and you're on your way.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Looks fun! Made a TaruTaru named Cuddles

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Downloading now

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroikage View Post
    In other news, the magic shop in Sandy seems to work now for unknown reasons but my character is (or was as of me going to work this morning) stuck out of bounds in San d'Oria after a warp.
    There's a Home Point near the S. Sandy AH and I probably shouldn't use it again... lol
    Still there.

EDIT: No longer stuck, thanks nasomi.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Glad you got unstuck. Ideally if someone is stuck I like to move them in game. Setting xyz coordinates in the database, well the db doesn't like it very much. If you shoot me a tell, i'm usually there, but if not I'll probably see it upon return. If you can stay logged in I can pull you out.

The latest update today should fix the zoning into oblivion error, too.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Zieara View Post
    Looks fun! Made a TaruTaru named Cuddles
    I saw you!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Tried to get in, have several issues, on winXP if that helps.

1. the pol.exe included with Ashita was not working. Switching to the "vc10" pol.exe seemed to have fixed that issue.
    2. on launch I get a "pol.exe has encountered a problem" blah blah blah error.
    3. tried going through the instructions again, same deal

Any ideas?

Anything I'm missing?

Am I running into issues because of the vc10 pol.exe or what?

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Try using this client
    files.bluegartr.com/e8fe30fef0a081f15f0caee0a4e96fc7.zip
    just change the IP in the config file to nasomi.com
    and switch your data folder from your playonline folder into it and it should run fine.

Also Tried doing a Sea all and noticed search failed?
    Is there no search server?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

That worked, thanks!

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chrian View Post
    Also Tried doing a Sea all and noticed search failed?
    Is there no search server?
    Hmmm. It has been working for me