Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Chrian View Post
    Also Tried doing a Sea all and noticed search failed?
    Is there no search server?
    Search tends to work fine, maybe something was happening to it at that specific moment.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

there should be search server, unless you tried when it had crashed and was in the process of restarting.

Sorry to all the folks who are having problems getting in tonight, there's a problem with some people's clients not up to date, which is causing a series of crashes. I'm working to get it fixed, but the most important things are updated clients and not using ashita extensions that arne't pre-loaded. Both cause issues by sending hte wrong packets tot he server which causes crasehs.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Was a little rough, but was able to get through to 18 today. feels good to be back in that world again.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm doing maintenance today around 9am that should fix summoner and dragoon, plus some of hte stability issues.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can this be ran with Windower?

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

, also I think the world message got cut off
    Seems like my specific client doesn't like to search for some reason

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can't run with windower. Ashita is a custom application like windower that performs windower functions.

I just updated all the servers, have you tried to search since then? With /sea all command? If that doesn't work, what about using the manual search in the menus?

I'm working on the server world message. There's a char limit I haven't bothered figuring out yet.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Whoops, I'll use the ashita client for now <_< and hope it works,
    Is nasomi using Darkstar server stuff? Crashed the server with a servmes command.
    /servmes works fine on the build of DS I have so not sure whats up.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Probably because there's to many characters in it. It's a variation of darkstar, yes.

It's about extensions of ashita and to not use most of them because they send packets directly to the server, but is designed for the retail server. Server gets packets it does't understand, or to many packets, and it crashes. With as many people playing that do, I'm trying to keep it as stable as possible. Plus with the aim of being retail rates and difficulty, I don't allow fishing or crafting bots.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

After the update yesterday we're going on 28hr without a single crash! Seems that we got a good amount of stability bugs worked out, people are leveling and doing quests without issues at all.

Currently I'm hellbent on finishing up the harvesting points, and fixing the guild npc's.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by nasomi View Post
    Currently I'm hellbent on finishing up the harvesting points, and fixing the guild npc's.
    Nice! Harvesting will go a long way to keeping the economy stable. Thanks for all the hard work nasomi

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I just finished harvesting, excavating, mining, and logging. They're in place now!

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You got me to do something I never in a million years thought I would do.

Reinstall FFXI. Some questions though:

Is there a list of features that are currently available in the game aside from obvious stuff?
    Any plans to implement a spellcast plugin or equivalent?
    Is level sync available or are there any plans to implement it?

I appreciate the balance between vanilla and reasonableness due to low population approach you're taking to the game and I think level sync would complement that.

Oh and is there a server wide linkshell or something?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Sync is in as well as field pages. Server linkshell as well. Usually 10-15 people on at a time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yea. This has gotten me thinking about playing again, I'd love to revisit some days of old. I assume I'd be starting anew with this though? Unlocking subjob, limit breaks, all that jazz? Might be fun, but super time consuming and one of the reasons I don't MMO anymore is a lack of time. If it's free, and maybe only slightly easier than it used to be. I would strongly consider starting up again.

Edit: One of the things I like most about this is that it's based on ToAU and before. I BARELY played ToAU, but loved endgame previous to that. If I PL hard as balls, I'd like to hunt some NMs. Please tell me endgame works on your server.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This has piqued my interest. If I can grab some of my friends to join in, I might reinstall and go NM hunting. Seriously my favorite thing in any MMO, and it seems that almost every MMO is moving away from this (hi2uFATENM). Are almost all NMs working as intending?

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Totien View Post
    Yea. This has gotten me thinking about playing again, I'd love to revisit some days of old. I assume I'd be starting anew with this though? Unlocking subjob, limit breaks, all that jazz? Might be fun, but super time consuming and one of the reasons I don't MMO anymore is a lack of time. If it's free, and maybe only slightly easier than it used to be. I would strongly consider starting up again.

Edit: One of the things I like most about this is that it's based on ToAU and before. I BARELY played ToAU, but loved endgame previous to that. If I PL hard as balls, I'd like to hunt some NMs. Please tell me endgame works on your server.
    AFAIK All the endgame from Base game through CoP works, ToAU endgame is currently out right now because none of the quests/npcs are working, aside from the job quests. I'm pretty sure he's working to fix that eventually.

Dynamis is the updated version where you only have to pay 50k once for an hourglass KI and then can go in for free once every 24 hours and the mob patterns are more centric to low-manning, I'm assuming the proc system is in too. At least this is what I was told by one of the members.

@Fairy-Killer: AFAIK almost all the NMs working properly. Have people hunting LL, VE and stuff regularly. KA is killed daily, Argus too. Not enough people at 75 to do HNMs yet though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I really need a spellcast equivalent, even if just so I can "//c3 yu"
    So much easier than using macros for me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Direct download for XI takes me to a blank page

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Direct download is broken, uploading a new one right now. There was a problem with a single file @4gb, so it will be broken into a multi-piece rar file.