+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Soudns like the only thing broken with BST is jug pets can't use abilities or something like that. Everything else works perfectly.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Do i need a special account to log in?

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Just when using Ashita. You need a "Login Account" when you boot up a server. You just do that in the Ashita Prompt, not on a website.

BG Level

Ok but i dont need to have an 'active sub with SE'

Thx

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Nope. Ashita bypasses the POL.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

derp

BG Level

edit : nvm

edit :ffs

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Nas, just curious, are there any plans at all to add any of the ToAU endgame content?

I had the most fun playing while doing those events and would love the chance to maybe get a mythic at some point in the future, but if you aren't planning on adding that at any point in the future then I can't imagine sticking with the server for any length of time, despite the wonderful job you've done with it so far.

I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, I just want to know if it's down the road or not. Granted I haven't had the time to play much lately and with Dark Souls 2 coming tomorrow I'll have even less time for a bit, but I would like to start playing again eventually.

I know there are other servers that have some of the ToAU stuff but they don't interest me because they're in easy-mode.
    Some day maybe. Fortunately htere's years of content before getting there! There's a lot that needs fixed before this. Eventually, but not right now.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taruru View Post
    yeah a video would be incredibly helpful. I'm having alot of problems with checking files; I can't seem to get the options of checking the FFXI files, I only get POL and Tetra Master

edit:
    found a way, downloading this patch fixed the problem, below is common issues with client

https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Con...ient#FFXI-3101

https://code.google.com/p/onetimexi/...pdatePatch.zip
    I had this problem myself, seems the steps on the website were a bit out of order/incomplete for me. I had to re-apply the patch from the website AFTER POL ran and updated to get the check files for XI. Just for future ref for anyone else who might have probs with it.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by nasomi View Post
    Some day maybe. Fortunately htere's years of content before getting there! There's a lot that needs fixed before this. Eventually, but not right now.
    Thanks, just needed to know that it was gonna happen at some point. I didn't expect it anytime soon. Hopefully I'll have time to play once I thoroughly play the crap out of Dark Souls 2, 31+ hours since Tuesday morning. woot.

Checked out the server this weekend. From a new player PoV it's probably a lot like original Launch, minus a few hundred people. Works as advertised, not disappointed.

If you're lurking in here and thinking of trying it out for shits and giggles, go for it.

Would Play Again 8/10.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm not sure if I played with a setting I shouldn't have or what, but every now and again I'd swear I'm running at reduced speeds, and when I talk to/interact with an npc, it goes back to normal lol.

So lost. XD

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Was looking over the install instructions and was wondering, I have an official install that looks like I last logged in around March of last year and it had everything up to before SoA installed, so would that be ok to use?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

edit: lol, nvm again. having all kind of weird problems but i'm getting by them.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Was looking over the install instructions and was wondering, I have an official install that looks like I last logged in around March of last year and it had everything up to before SoA installed, so would that be ok to use?
    You'll have to update up to the current version normally as that's what the server runs. You do not need to install SoA, however.

confirming you can't use existing retail characters

also, is salvage available? Not sure I could play MNK without usu lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roary View Post
    confirming you can't use existing retail characters

also, is salvage available? Not sure I could play MNK without usu lol
    Last time I logged on there was no ToAU content but Nasomi updates pretty regularly so I'm not sure... but I doubt it.

I personally don't have nostalgia for Kings era, I really started enjoying the game after MNK got usukane

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Salvage is not available. YOu can't use existing retail characters. It's like if you're playing on SE's Carbuncle server and switch to a different server. You start over. Fortunately we get about a half dozen new players a week. Not everyone stays forever, but there's always a few parties in the dunes, qufim, kazham, etc. Peak at this point is about 100, off peak anywhere from 20-40. There's a starter linkshell that everyone is invited to, and people put their stuff on the AH. the crafters are fiends buying crystals totally out of stock on a regular basis. Yesterday morning there were 107 stacks of water crystals, yesterday evening there were 13. 3 players it seems hit a water synth and bought them all, then started asking in ls for people to put up any spares they ahd. Price went from 500gil to 2k in a few hours.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm curious, since AU was my favorite part of the game--and yes I understand there's plenty of time before I'm there--how long do you think it'll be before AU is fully functional?

I was reading last night about how most of the BCs were broken, maybe 4 or so working. I'm wondering exactly how much there will be to do once at 75 and looking for endgame. Kings are cool, but the guy talking about Adamantoise having been down for 48 hours was concerning, and they also said most of Sea doesn't work properly, either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast