+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Here at Nasomi, we don't b an based on player reports alone. Anti-cheat measures are in place to prevent most cheating. Sometimes, things do slip through. However these things are monitored, and if cheating is discovered, players are removed. However, just because a single LS bands together to try and single out a player where, after no foul play is discovered, doesn't mean they will be banned. There will be no mob mentality ruling here. If closing tickets where 15 people report the same thing is getting triggered like a 5 year old, then so be it. All offenses are equal, and result in permanent removal of character if you break the rules. It has been that way for some time now. If you're caught cheating the offending character is gone. A player report is not being caught.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Already Banned
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My only criticism is that seems too restrictive which rules are enforced even more strict than SE's retail servers regarding Windower plugin/addons. Addons that are only allowed are Tparty, recast and Distance. Plugins like Gearswap/Spellcast and timers are too good to pass up. Serious players used SpellCast too in 2005ish

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Gearsets are a thing, please check it.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I think I know why SE never talked terribly much about policy or ownership politics.

You look horrible every time you try.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Already Banned
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by nasomi View Post
    Gearsets are a thing, please check it.
    Hence why I mentioned "serious players" which refers to "serious players" endgame that want to min/max, min/maxing is a thing in a MMO. Back at 75 so many people in my endgame LS members and friends used SpellCast. Pretty much huge part of the Windower users use Gearswap now since so many people are sharing their lua files. Timers wasnt available back then but there was Recast and Yarnball, Timers is pretty much Recast and Yarnball combined. Scoreboard isn't allowed on your server either, but helps for an endgame ls to determine who is a weak link and who isn't.

Didn't want to make turn it into an argument which addons you should allow on your server or not, just posting feedback.

Could always use scripts for swapping gear

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

We're running our Egg Hunt Eggstravaganza now!

Also we hit a new peak of 735 players online, and have 2410 active players over the past 7 days.

https://na.nasomi.com/stats/

Word is getting out.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Yo... who else playing this in the year of our lord almost 2019? Hit me up in game if you wanna do something, name is Kipling (of course). 32 WHM atm.

im playing too god help me, forum name is character name. 48sam is highest atm

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Been thinking about getting back into a private server. Is this pure vanilla or have enhancements been made? I have a few 75s on Supernova already and the QoL improvements are going to be hard to beat.

its pretty much vanilla aht urgan.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Yeah it’s basicslly Vanilla ToAU as Chazzy said. ToAU mobs and missions just got added last week but the ToAU end game isn’t there yet but stuff is coming in phases.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

1700 players at peak time is nuts.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

is the # of players the main thing that keeps people coming back to nasomi? personally it's a bit boggling to me. the dude has proved like a million times he literally has no idea what he's doing

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Been playing on Eden and so far it's been a fairly true to retail experience, with the world sitting just prior to ToAU opening up. It's not without its problems, but they've got a full dev team along with separate GMs working on fixing issues. Pop generally sits between 400-500 players.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    is the # of players the main thing that keeps people coming back to nasomi? personally it's a bit boggling to me. the dude has proved like a million times he literally has no idea what he's doing
    I mean there have been issues and glitches but for the most part it's a lot better than I expected on a private server when I joined in 2016. And it has improved since then. It's pretty much a 98% retail experience. We have a few "#nasomithings" that still break occasionally -- but as far as retail goes it feels very close. The major endgame difference is that a lot of mobs that shouldn't be sleepable are sleepable, like Proto-Omega, and relic weapons are a bit easier to get -- though it still takes a competent group of 6 about 3-4 months of daily runs to finish a relic (for each player, not just for ONE player), and that's not including the Attestation and Fragment runs (which require more than 6, but are still not quite as hard as retail). So they're not easy mode, they're just easier than they were on retail, which in my opinion is about tuned perfectly. It shouldn't take someone 2 years to get a relic. 3-4 months is fine.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    I mean there have been issues and glitches but for the most part it's a lot better than I expected on a private server when I joined in 2016. And it has improved since then. It's pretty much a 98% retail experience. We have a few "#nasomithings" that still break occasionally -- but as far as retail goes it feels very close. The major endgame difference is that a lot of mobs that shouldn't be sleepable are sleepable, like Proto-Omega, and relic weapons are a bit easier to get -- though it still takes a competent group of 6 about 3-4 months of daily runs to finish a relic (for each player, not just for ONE player), and that's not including the Attestation and Fragment runs (which require more than 6, but are still not quite as hard as retail). So they're not easy mode, they're just easier than they were on retail, which in my opinion is about tuned perfectly. It shouldn't take someone 2 years to get a relic. 3-4 months is fine.
    yeah i understand that it's similiar to retail but nasomi has bugs that it has had for literally 4+ years and the guy refuses to get help. i still struggle to see why someone that is just now starting would jump into it instead of a server like Eden.

obviously if you have 75s and gear the ol' ffxi elitism thing comes into play and you don't want to start over so i get that

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

AV being killed on Nasomi live on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/kingkoop

Come join the nostalgia

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

according to the chat, 4 hours in starting at 6 am PST, 82%. how do people have this amount of time for the demographic that plays this game?

also should this even be posted here? nasomi isn't ffxi

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Meh.. End game. enjoy it