Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Don Katsu View Post
    Does Eden give EXP bonuses to easy prey and decent challenge mobs? Or is it like retail?
    No bonus I believe. It's definitely less than Nasomi after playing both. EXP rings always active though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So I'm on that Eden hype and I'm about to start the install but it wants to reinstall ffxi even though I already have it installed up to date(Or almost at least) from the last free login campaign. Is there anyway to skip this or should I just roll with it? I'm leaning towards just roll with it since I don't want to fuck up anything.

Edit: nvm, successfully online. That was surprisingly painless.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Recently got the itch to play to again and decided to check out a few private servers and figured I'd throw in my two gil on the whole Nasomi vs Eden thing with something I haven't seen mentioned yet.

Yes, Nasomi is the bigger of the two servers by quite a bit. It's significantly older, but that makes it very top heavy. Eden is new, and while currently smaller a big portion of the playerbase is in the low to mid range, making the "new player" experience much more lively.

I don't see it taking too long before Eden is comparable to Nasomi population wise, and if you're looking to scratch that FFXI itch via private server I'd say Eden is definitely the way to go.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Chiming in to say I wish I'd known even half what I know about Nasomi now. Would not recommend anyone start here. Eden is most likely the way to go if you want a good experience.

Too many server crashes, lack of updates, broken code and content, ineffective fluff-tier anticheat that make no sense coupled with support that takes 4+ months to respond (still don't have my legacy character all this time later), gear that randomly triples in price because the method of obtaining the materials is completely broken and/or disabled (hi2u Blessed), missing pieces of gear altogether that were important at 75, list goes on but I'll just leave it at that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Anyone from Titan playing on Eden? Merona/Grey might have convinced me to give it a try.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

should say before this turns into an eden thread, that while i hate how nasomi manages things as he won't let anyone help him, eden is an extremely corrupt server and i wouldn't advise playing there.

admins don't ban their favorites even when they are caught exploiting. i have conversations between godmode and players telling them he'll let them keep their exploited items/gil/levels/progress if they just tell him how they exploited. nasomi is a terrible server because of its management, eden is a terrible server because of it's management. pick your poison i suppose, hopefully someone some day can do it right

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It wouldn't be true to era FFXI without internet drama toramas. I read a bunch of the mudslinging on Reddit and it brought back memories of Killing Ifrit.

Seriously though, I don't see myself ever getting to endgame on my schedule, so if there's corruption at the top I don't ever see it really affecting me. That's probably the lesser of 2 evils over a more unstable game.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I guess it begs the salvage ban question all over again. Some people will always look for a short cut, so what do we do about them?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    I guess it begs the salvage ban question all over again. Some people will always look for a short cut, so what do we do about them?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    The difference was apparently SE knew about it and fixed it and then banned 6 months later, wasn't it something like that? The correct course of action is to ban the offender immediately and not look back. How can someone start at level 1 and enjoy the grind knowing someone else hacked exp scrolls to 75 in 30 minutes? I personally can not bring myself to endure the annoying parts of the game knowing there are tons of others who bypass it even though administration knows. Next steps are them giving their favorite players relics and selling gil.

Eden is corrupt and nasomi is an idiot

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Hilarious that you attacked me on the last page for saying the same shit.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Hilarious that you attacked me on the last page for saying the same shit.
    Then after you get it the server shuts down. So pointless playing this game on private servers. Unbalanced, buggy as hell and nothing like the old days. Everyone dual boxing PL bots, doing anything to get ahead fast, just hilarious.
    this is what you said, that's not what i said at all. i have no idea why you're still allowed to post anywhere that you post, if it's a troll it's not even a good one. people can only assume you're just a little guy with a ton of hatred.

by the way draylo, current ffxi is absolute trash, everyone knows it. i'm sure you're just waiting with bated breath for the new ambuscade monsters to be announced, no new content in 2 years and the last thing was dynamis reskinned. i wanted to make that point before telling you that you hating on the 75 version of the game and saying that private servers are "unbalanced" "buggy as hell" "nothing like the old days" "people dual boxing" isn't the same as administration being corrupt or an idiot.

stop derailing, go back to crying on ffxiah or the official forums

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm not that offput by the fact people didn't "earn" 75; leveling and meriting are crappy. What I worry about is the fact it demonstrates a leniency with cheating that I'm not comfortable with. The fact is that greed will motivate many XI players to cheat and the whole point of the classic XI experience is zero-sum rarity.

There has to be have-nots. And the game has to get rid of the people that circumvent the system or there's no point. Even if it deals a blow to the server population that is devastating (like the Salvage bans)

Your argument was the retail version is better, but I'd honestly still take Eden over going back to retail at this point. It's just that I haven't been convinced it's worth the investment cost.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i agree, leveling and limit breaks in the game is absolutely horrendous. i think for the most part we are on the same page.

i thought eden was the server we'd all been waiting for prior to being exposed to their development team/moderation team

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Fwiw as someone who's just exping rdm and fishing, it's pretty chill. I don't have the time to invest into endgame that I used to so I'll probably be spared the drama. It's just fun to run around helping people, exp, and do CoP again.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    this is what you said, that's not what i said at all. i have no idea why you're still allowed to post anywhere that you post, if it's a troll it's not even a good one. people can only assume you're just a little guy with a ton of hatred.

by the way draylo, current ffxi is absolute trash, everyone knows it. i'm sure you're just waiting with bated breath for the new ambuscade monsters to be announced, no new content in 2 years and the last thing was dynamis reskinned. i wanted to make that point before telling you that you hating on the 75 version of the game and saying that private servers are "unbalanced" "buggy as hell" "nothing like the old days" "people dual boxing" isn't the same as administration being corrupt or an idiot.

stop derailing, go back to crying on ffxiah or the official forums
    A little guy with a ton of hatred? Look at your responses to me, lol. Every response is a personal attack followed by a ton of hate, calm down. You started out with attacking me for my opinion, I'm allowed to post my opinion on a public forum so too bad for you.

You said you didn't like how all the cheating wasn't being dealt with, its part of what I had said. The players in these private servers, very similarly to retail, do everything they can to get ahead. When you have an inept team that allows bugs to be exploited and people who benefit from that to not be banned, it makes the game not fun. Also someone posted a similar opinion to these buggy private servers earlier, not just me. They are mostly buggy garbage.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

A little guy with a ton of hatred? Look at your responses to me, lol. Every response is a personal attack followed by a ton of hate, calm down. You started out with attacking me for my opinion, I'm allowed to post my opinion on a public forum so too bad for you.

You said you didn't like how all the cheating wasn't being dealt with, its part of what I had said. The players in these private servers, very similarly to retail, do everything they can to get ahead. When you have an inept team that allows bugs to be exploited and people who benefit from that to not be banned, it makes the game not fun. Also someone posted a similar opinion to these buggy private servers earlier, not just me. They are mostly buggy garbage.
    We get it, you don't like private servers or the 75 version of the game. not a single soul cares for your opinion but it's well known. I have no idea why you would come back to this topic with that being your opinion, thus my statement that you must just have a ton of hatred.

Retail ffxi is trash.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

You say that like it bothers me, I'm sorry but it doesn't. I really don't care that you dislike retail FFXI, this thread isn't about retail its about a private server. I gave my opinion in regards to a private server, just like everyone else in this thread. In fact, if you look a few posts up, you'll see someone shares a similar opinion about it being a buggy mess.

I don't understand where all your hatred comes from, but it is a little sad. I hope you can move on with your life.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

You say that like it bothers me, I'm sorry but it doesn't. I really don't care that you dislike retail FFXI, this thread isn't about retail its about a private server. I gave my opinion in regards to a private server, just like everyone else in this thread. In fact, if you look a few posts up, you'll see someone shares a similar opinion about it being a buggy mess.

I don't understand where all your hatred comes from, but it is a little sad. I hope you can move on with your life.
    I'm vested in a 75 version of the game that is ran well. You are not yet you are continually posting about it.

You don't see the problem here? Please leave the topic buddy

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I like that FFXI can still rustle some jimmies in 2019.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I wish one would offer a porting program for people that are unhappy where they are, while at the same time realizing that wouldn't make for a great economy and would be easily abused. It's just that every time I want to get away from the shithole this has become, my friends and I all agree that restarting is out of the question and we'd sooner all quit and I know we're not alone in feeling that way.

Just today, looking into doing CoP to completion the list of "shit that isn't working" is almost as long as the actual guide, which you'll need because of how much shit is broken, making the OGwiki ineffective.