+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

While it doesn't have retail player counts, there's definitely enough to get stuff done. People do dynamis and sky regularly, 3 have finished the CoP storyline, someone has made it to rank 9. A few people are crawling towards 100 in their crafts, but it's difficult because SE keeps breaking HELM. I had it all but fixed and ready to go back in but today's update breaks it again. It'll get fixed and put back in place soon though. There will be minor modifactions as well that make up for lack of gardening.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

At one point in time, everything was functional. The problems come about when SE does an update and shifts ID's. Then the id numbers need to be shifted in the core, then every script that references the id. Stuff is being fixed constantly, but it seems like SE is just ahead of us breaking stuff before it's fixed again. Mini updates break little stuff, major expansions, such as SoA, are what cause the biggest breaks. All bcnm's are scripted. It's just a matter of going through and updating the npc id's to reflect the correct id's for them to function again. There should be much more than 4 working right now, most of those areas never changed witht he updates.

THe other problem is people that complain x isn't fix yet, when we never got an "x is broken" message. Updating hte id's is a full time job as it is for multiple people, not to mention other content. ToAU is mostly done, but it's not live, it needs tested extensively under a multitude of scenarios. Releasing broken content is something we try to avoid.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I remember someone mentioning that, yeah. People complain it's broken then don't bother to report it.

I guess they expect you to run a server and read minds! But a lot of them had the "I don't want to bitch" attitude. I don't really consider it bitching, but I suppose.

Anyway I'm having fun with it lol, never been beaten so hard by tom tit tat.

I'm Maw if you see me.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Got it all working tonight and created my elvaan, Anoni. Got a few levels in before I got disconnected and it was too late to get back on. It does have the improved exp rates for things under EM and the signet change to keep tp while resting and increase rested amount, in case anyone was wondering how far back it goes. Who do I look for for one of these newcomer pearls? I'm itchin to get back out to the dunes again lol. Also, should I be posting or doing anything if I run across NPCs that spit out the dialog of a different NPC or don't talk at all? Dunno if there is any collection of piddly things someone might look at eventually. Is there any way to help with this project w/o being super involved?

PS: Shadow Lord apparently fits in your mog house (yay costume NPC):
    Spoiler: show

Speaking of mog house, there was no mog in mine when I went in there after creating my character.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I don't mind the complaints of things being broken, but i'd like them to be legitimately broken. I can't count the times that people swear up and down something is broken, only to find out they missed a step after I spend an hour digging.

We do have signet tp, and slightly raised xp for EP mobs. If you need a pearl, just do /sea all and find someone higher level and send them a tell. Chances are htey can pearl you, or direct you to someone who can.

If an npc has a bad text id, it's known and in the process of being updated. There's literally thousands of them, and SE shifts them from time to time. Even if they have bad text id they still function properly. If they do NOT function properly, however, please report it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've finished implementing the gathering systems; harvesting, excavating, logging, and mining! There's a couple bugs but they'll be finished in a day or so. Fishing should be done in a week as well. Super exciting!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Heya, Just started the long and grueling installation of the game and server setup.
    I was just wondering if there are any plans to add WotG and SoA to the server in the future?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnir View Post
    Heya, Just started the long and grueling installation of the game and server setup.
    I was just wondering if there are any plans to add WotG and SoA to the server in the future?
    The whole point of Nasomi server is to enjoy the hey day of the game during ToAU so adding other expansions is not likely. That said, Nasomi is an awesome dude and I highly recommend the server.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    The whole point of Nasomi server is to enjoy the hey day of the game during ToAU so adding other expansions is not likely. That said, Nasomi is an awesome dude and I highly recommend the server.
    Ah, Alright makes a good amount of sense. I'll probably be on later today or tomorrow depends when this blasted file repair wants to finish. Btw, probably a silly question but how do I go about getting an account on the server? Do I need to request one or is there a prompt to register one after all the updating is done?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Prompt to register or log in once you launch Ashita.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Since there's no gardening, and no plans to implement gardening, elemental ores have been added to excavation. I'm leaving where, how, and drop rate up to the players to discover though.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I started playing a bit today. Nostalgia everywhere, which is good because I'm on the other side of the world as everyone so that nostalgia will keep me company for a bit. Do you have any kind of policy against 2-boxing, Nasomi?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

2boxing is ok, tri-boxing i ask that people not do because at that point you are beyond individual control and move to scripting, and farming crystals with signet at lower levels. with lower population this can have an adverse affect on the economy.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

If you like playing on a handout server this is a great place to start as there's no HNMLS and the GM gives out free Ridills and Byakko's Haidate to players who didn't earn them. No linkshell is capable of doing end-game but yet they have the items. lol

Servers are also laggy and the GM makes up excuses "building new storage in the basement for new servers" because he probably doesn't have the funds to upgrade the server. Just an overall waste of time on this server.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ridill View Post
    If you like playing on a handout server this is a great place to start as there's no HNMLS and the GM gives out free Ridills and Byakko's Haidate to players who didn't earn them. No linkshell is capable of doing end-game but yet they have the items. lol

Servers are also laggy and the GM makes up excuses "building new storage in the basement for new servers" because he probably doesn't have the funds to upgrade the server. Just an overall waste of time on this server.
    http://community.secondlife.com/t5/i...v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

You can IP ban me from the forums/server and or facebook but your players deserve to know you just give your "select favorites" free stuff. No reason to be mad just leaving an honest review. ^_^

Does sound like you mad.

Bye now! Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Does sound like you mad.

Bye now! Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
    Enjoy you're terrible server! Let the door of shithole server open up to you!

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

is this because he wouldn't give you a ridill

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Ridill View Post

and how much did you pay for this experience?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast