Closed Thread
Page 523 of 541 FirstFirst ... 473 513 521 522 523 524 525 533 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I actually wonder if Conor retires from combat sports now. Get out young with all of his mental faculties, rich as fuck. I'd be so impressed if he did.
    I'd honestly expect it. He's always been very honest that he wants to get rich and get out, and he'll never see a payday like this again. His brand is at it's peak right now, and I doubt he would want to risk taking an L defending a belt in the UFC.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

He's also the only big name that ever talks about brain health. I think he actually takes that shit seriously.

BG Level

on the other hand he's supposedly said in private to dana that he wants to be a billionaire and the biggest name in martial arts history when its all said and done

and he's already fielding to the fans that he wants diaz trilogy, but ferg/kevin/max/khabib are options

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I'd honestly expect it. He's always been very honest that he wants to get rich and get out, and he'll never see a payday like this again. His brand is at it's peak right now, and I doubt he would want to risk taking an L defending a belt in the UFC.
    The UFC needs to pay their fighters alot more money.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dana said in one of them interviews that their a little over 500 registered fighters. So still definitely possible

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Bros, Jones popped lol?
    Poor DC man

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Bros, Jones popped lol?
    Poor DC man
    Damn. Thought you were here for that. Even Dana is doubting the B sample will bring goods news

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At this point there's no reason to give Bones any leniency on these things.

Ignoring his actions outside the ring, he's now popped for 2 straight fights, and has had suspect results in some of his past fights (chief among them the first DC fight). Pile that one with all his personal problems, and I can't see how anyone but his most hardcore nut huggers would believe he's innocent here.

Plus there was the comments from his agent which all but confirmed the B sample is coming back hot.

BG Level

How does the division even go forward from here lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It was my assumption that if everything goes as it currently seems, Gustafson and duke it out for the belt. But whose to say really

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I feel like it should be D.C. Gets belt back, have Gus and Oezdemir fight for No1, winner fights D.C. for belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Or just fold LHW and HW together to make it super nuts. DC and Stipe for the "American's Belt" WWE style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hushigoshi View Post
    Or just fold LHW and HW together to make it super nuts. DC and Stipe for the "American's Belt" WWE style.

BG Level

yeh if the result is overturned, as seems very likely, DC will still be champ and Gus is the #1 contender. imagine they'll run that back, or throw Gus against Oezdemir for the rights to the shot if DC isn't ready to fight for a while.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

UFC needs to strongly focus on signing LHW/HW prospects right now. With Jones fucking everything up both divisions are a wash and looks to be so for the foreseeable future. LHW is top heavy with a ridiculous drop-off after the 4 or 5 spot, and the HW division's top 10 average age last I looked was like 38 or some shit.

MMA in general seems to be in a funk right now. MW division is on hold for a guy coming back from a 3+ year retirement in a completely different weight class. Tyron is a boring as fuck champ at WW and is content to stay that way because fuck you that's why. LW/FW are in complete disarray right now because of Conor. BW champ was/is(?) hurt. And Mighty Mouse has cleaned out his division.

BG Level

LHW and HW are the money divisions in MMA. Always have been, always will be. And in 2-3 years nobody is gonna know a single guy in either of those divisions. It's pretty bad.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So if Jones is done that likely means Brock won't come back cause Brock/Jones was the next big money fight everyone was itching for. Hell they both failed their last test, fuck it, let 'em do an unofficial exhibition fight and roid to the fucking gills.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So Joe Rogan and Brendan Schaub were talking about Bones' failed drug test. Schaub was saying that the detected drug, turinabol, is only detectable in urine and not blood, and it only lasts a few hours, making it popular among powerlifters, as it will often already be out of your system shortly after the event. It's basically impossible to get legally, which means it's often tainted with other stuff. The drug itself is difficult to detect, and it's this other stuff that ends up being caught on these tests. In addition, USADA had recently begun implementing a new test that was unannounced that is more thorough than previous. Schaub cited an unnamed "expert" as the source of this info. I dunno, how's that sound to any of you who have any knowledge about this?

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    So Joe Rogan and Brendan Schaub were talking about Bones' failed drug test. Schaub was saying that the detected drug, turinabol, is only detectable in urine and not blood, and it only lasts a few hours, making it popular among powerlifters, as it will often already be out of your system shortly after the event. It's basically impossible to get legally, which means it's often tainted with other stuff. The drug itself is difficult to detect, and it's this other stuff that ends up being caught on these tests. In addition, USADA had recently begun implementing a new test that was unannounced that is more thorough than previous. Schaub cited an unnamed "expert" as the source of this info. I dunno, how's that sound to any of you who have any knowledge about this?
    Yeah the russians came up with a turinabol+, and released a testing guide for drug testing for turinabol that doesn't detect their custom version. It's what Frank Mir got popped for.
    Decent read here: https://lightatheendofthetunnelisdim...rank-mir-case/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren