FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

hah. i totally turned a 90 degree parking lot into an angled lot today. or rather, one part of the lot. pulled up to a coffee shop, the side i parked on was empty, didnt know which type it was, but angled was easiest for me. came back out and 2 people had parked next to me... also angled. muahaha

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

The school my mom teaches at is already cancelled for tomorrow. I feel bad for her. Kids love it, adults hate it because it means a shorter summer. Plus, as we all know, kids are amazing about forgetting everything after a snow day.

[edit]Alternatively, it's forecasted to be in the 60s here in LA tomorrow so...fuck ya!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Adults also hate it because they either have to take off of work or find a babysitter. I'm lucky my mom is mostly retired, and I have a job where they would understand and let me burn a vacation day. It's even more difficult because a daycare is expensive and won't just take random kids in for a day last minute, no matter how much you pay them.

Just started snowing again in Chicago, by the way.

A couple weeks ago, I parked at the mall before it opened for my part time job, next to and in line with another car. The opposite end of the parking aisle had started a completely different pattern. I don't think the end I was on had it correct, and my car at least was going to be there all day.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I trash talked in this thread too much...
    last 2 days have been below -20C (-4F for murikans)

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Woke up to a text message telling me work is cancelled because of the impending weather in MA. Ah yeah

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

4 inches of snow covered by a layer of ice. Fun times. I'll still take that shit over subzero temperatures any day.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

fuck ice i busted my ass like four times already

i'd much rather fucking snow or cold ass temps

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrena View Post
    Adults also hate it because they either have to take off of work or find a babysitter. I'm lucky my mom is mostly retired, and I have a job where they would understand and let me burn a vacation day. It's even more difficult because a daycare is expensive and won't just take random kids in for a day last minute, no matter how much you pay them.

Just started snowing again in Chicago, by the way.

A couple weeks ago, I parked at the mall before it opened for my part time job, next to and in line with another car. The opposite end of the parking aisle had started a completely different pattern. I don't think the end I was on had it correct, and my car at least was going to be there all day.
    I got a memo from the corporate office in Chicago this morning when I logged on for work.

Basically said weathers fucked, customers should expect todays papers tomorrow lol.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Went to walk my pup this morning
    -27C (-16.6F)

my beard froze

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Every news station screwing up the Metra train line names in Chicago. Almost didn't go into work today because they said all my trains are stopped...except it was the wrong one. Surprisingly my train was only 2min late.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So many people were late today, said the highways weren't plowed at all, which is SO WEIRD. I also heard we're supposed to get another foot this weekend.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    4 inches of snow covered by a layer of ice. Fun times. I'll still take that shit over subzero temperatures any day.
    We have snow coming friday night and saturday morning turning to freezing rain saturday night and sunday morning. Looks like we will get that 4" of ice-covered snow...commence retarded driving and me getting called in for some "emergency back-up" in the 4x4 truck.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    We have snow coming friday night and saturday morning turning to freezing rain saturday night and sunday morning. Looks like we will get that 4" of ice-covered snow...commence retarded driving and me getting called in for some "emergency back-up" in the 4x4 truck.
    On the plus side it's warm enough here that the rain has basically turned the city into one giant slush puddle. It's supposed to go down to 12 degrees tonight. So we might be having some fun tomorrow. We ended up running 76,000 calls in January. Most we've ever done.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post

i'd much rather fucking snow or cold ass temps
    I read this three times.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Was supposed to get only 3-6" of snow here in central CT, but there's at least a foot out there. Can't complain too much, since I get to [airquotes]work from home[/airquotes] on snow days.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I read this three times.
    implied "have"

It's not particularly cold here, technically, but the wind is entirely out of hand at the school where I teach. It's right on a waterway that tunnels the wind down from the mountains and it's FREAKING COLD. Had to go give a coworkers car a boost yesterday and almost lost my (heavy, fitted pretty tight to my head) hat. Two minutes outside and my nose is bright red. But if you're out of the wind it's fine!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    On the plus side it's warm enough here that the rain has basically turned the city into one giant slush puddle. It's supposed to go down to 12 degrees tonight. So we might be having some fun tomorrow. We ended up running 76,000 calls in January. Most we've ever done.
    Damn...how many trucks? We have 16 light-duty trucks and...I don't even know how many tow trucks. Maybe around 150? It seems like a lot. 36,000 calls in a month is a big month for Portland. That is 10-12 calls per truck per 12hr shift. Which means bust your ass in the cold east wind and get bitched at for being late to every call....

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    Damn...how many trucks? We have 16 light-duty trucks and...I don't even know how many tow trucks. Maybe around 150? It seems like a lot. 36,000 calls in a month is a big month for Portland. That is 10-12 calls per truck per 12hr shift. Which means bust your ass in the cold east wind and get bitched at for being late to every call....
    We handle all of eastern Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, 75% of West Virginia, and two counties(in the snow belt) of New York. In Pittsburgh(where we do 80% of all our call volume) we have roughly 40 - 80 trucks on any given day(that's a mix of service, wreckers, and beds.) Man 36k a month is an extremely slow month for us. On average it's 45k - 60k a month for us.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag