BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garnet Cat
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Aidin View Post
    Oregon will never get used to it. I'm in Albany, we got like 8" and I've been hearing fire trucks go by all day.
    Albany/Salem had a 20 car pileup earlier today. lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

supposedly another 6'' and up to 6'' of ice on top of it on Saturday. I'm never leaving the house at this rate.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

cleared my parents driveway today. had to armor up for it.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

The girlfriend's sister is staying over for a long weekend. They (my girlfriend and her sister) are from the Syracuse area so the snow is nothing new. The streets in the Bronx are obviously a mess, though.

When her sister found a parking spot she literally just rammed through the snow, full throttle, to get into the spot. Yeah, at least these girls know how it's done. You should see the rest of the street. Cars are basically double-parked next to the snow allowing nobody to get through.

Still going to be below freezing all weekend. Anybody have a flamethrower to melt away my tunnel? Or a lot of hairspray they aren't going to use?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ddz View Post
    Albany/Salem had a 20 car pileup earlier today. lol
    My sister was involved in that. She was stopped on the side of the freeway to avoid the pileup and got smashed by a low-boy flatbed truck. No injuries but scary as hell to get plowed into by a 70,000 lb. vehicle. There were more than 60 vehicles involved if you count all the people that got hit in the back-up that it caused. It was near Jefferson, about 10 miles north of Albany.

As for Portland, I drove the freeway circuits last night about 12:30am and saw that most of the freeways were still gridlocked and/or closed. By 8am this morning they had it all opened but there were still several hundred cars in the guardrails or blocking lanes at odd angles. The surface streets, including thoroughfares are all still fucked. City of Portland has 55 plow trucks. Every one of them are equipped with sand spreaders. That's just one of the 6 municipalities capable of clearing roads in the Portland metro area....as well as ODOT. They all did very little to clear any roads. The major freeways got plowed this morning but that's it. We are supposed to get another 3-5" of snow tonight and tomorrow then ice on top of that. I really hope that ODOT gets their shit together and coordinates cleanup efforts, or this will be a disaster on top of another disaster...Fucking Atlanta, Oregon 2014. "We don't know how to deal with snow even though we get snow every year."

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

My city needs to be smart and rent out our plowing services.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Yeah I'll take the cold, thanks.

You'd think Oregon would be used to this shit by now. I mean we don't have snow all the time, but it's happened. I felt like I was in a sick game of bumper cars going home.
    I'm originally from Indiana and moved to Australia last year. I hate the cold and snow but the heat gets a bit excessive here, mostly because there's no humidity and you constantly feel like you're being roasted in an oven.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    My sister was involved in that. She was stopped on the side of the freeway to avoid the pileup and got smashed by a low-boy flatbed truck. No injuries but scary as hell to get plowed into by a 70,000 lb. vehicle. There were more than 60 vehicles involved if you count all the people that got hit in the back-up that it caused. It was near Jefferson, about 10 miles north of Albany.

As for Portland, I drove the freeway circuits last night about 12:30am and saw that most of the freeways were still gridlocked and/or closed. By 8am this morning they had it all opened but there were still several hundred cars in the guardrails or blocking lanes at odd angles. The surface streets, including thoroughfares are all still fucked. City of Portland has 55 plow trucks. Every one of them are equipped with sand spreaders. That's just one of the 6 municipalities capable of clearing roads in the Portland metro area....as well as ODOT. They all did very little to clear any roads. The major freeways got plowed this morning but that's it. We are supposed to get another 3-5" of snow tonight and tomorrow then ice on top of that. I really hope that ODOT gets their shit together and coordinates cleanup efforts, or this will be a disaster on top of another disaster...Fucking Atlanta, Oregon 2014. "We don't know how to deal with snow even though we get snow every year."
    Up here in Kelso it's basically the same crap, nothing got plowed today except i5. People here are retarded and don't know what to do with themselves.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Weather forecast for this coming week has 3-6" accumulated snow/sleep/ice in SC again. FML. I hate having to work from home when the rest of the office just gets the day off.

The worst part is that we used up most of our salt and we can't get any more before we get dumped on. Fucking northern states hogging it all!

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

get some kitty litter. works just as well. sand works well enough on a small scale.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Problem with kitty litter is when it gets warm, turns into mud and that shit can be annoying to clean up if you used a lot.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

sure if you cake it on. the objective is to create focus points for the sun to heat up (and melt the snow/ice around it), and, in the mean-time, provide a little traction. for un-sticking cars, you'll probably want to use more, but otherwise you should be sprinkling it on pretty lightly.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Low 20's more snow. Another busy day here at AAA. Ugh. We've been going nonstop since the last week of December. People are getting burnt out.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    The worst part is that we used up most of our salt and we can't get any more before we get dumped on. Fucking northern states hogging it all!
    Parts of NJ and NY are out of salt as well. There just isn't enough in the area for how constant the snow is.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Parts of NJ and NY are out of salt as well. There just isn't enough in the area for how constant the snow is.
    That's pretty much where we're at now. Pittsburgh isn't completely out but they are close. If we end up getting another big storm we're probably fucked.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    That's pretty much where we're at now. Pittsburgh isn't completely out but they are close. If we end up getting another big storm we're probably fucked.
    Well there's supposed to be another one on Thursday for the NYC area. So hope you don't get hit with that.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Another 4" last night. I love snow, and we're getting a lot of long overdue storms. I've also got a great deal done with my tractor as well, plowing and blowing. I got most of the tree cut up that came down in the ice storm. The only real bummer was 3 days without power last week after the ice storm.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Amazing sunny day today.

But it's -41C with the windchill.

Awww yeahhhh.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

-2°F with SO much sunshine also.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If the weatherman's right we're going to be getting a more normal winter storm for GA area in a couple days. AKA. We're getting a ice storm.

I hope this isn't going to cause MORE trouble but it prolly will. Us southerners tend to panic bad when there's any ice. As for me, I'll see if I can get some sand or cheap kitty litter to put out so I'm not falling on my butt going for the mail.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag