+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Xbone big alpha starts today!! Can't wait...even contemplated taking off work. Anyone gonna be playing today around 5pm est?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

by the way if you are in the Xbone preview program they should have sent you an XBL message with an Alpha code

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I hadn't seen this thread before.

This game looks like a lot of fun if you have friends that will also get it. Not sure I'd want to play with random people; I just don't get the same enjoyment out of it. Don't necessarily have to play local, but that'd certainly be a lot of fun too. I always feel like when you play with random people there is more emphasis on completing everything perfectly than there is on actually having a good time.

Also concerned that there will be a point where the Goliath will be at an extreme disadvantage simply because of people developing tactics for the start of the game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I agree that if you're gonna be a hunter thay it'd definitely be more fun if you are playing with 3-4 more people that you know. As a monster though I would have fun either way as it'd be cool to wreck random people and see all the different strategies people come up with. I really think this game has serious potential

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    I agree that if you're gonna be a hunter thay it'd definitely be more fun if you are playing with 3-4 more people that you know. As a monster though I would have fun either way as it'd be cool to wreck random people and see all the different strategies people come up with. I really think this game has serious potential
    I think it has really great potential. It almost reminds me of a Western-style Monster Hunters with the premise of it (hunters against monster), but kicks it up a notch with the evolution of the monster as well as class skills.

Like I said, I'm worried that there will be more flexibility for gameplay with the hunters than the monster giving them a large advantage once people really pin down starts.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So i got access to the beta through the xbox preview program and installed the game yesterday. Today I try loading the game and the prompt to play is grayed out. It says "Play it on 10/30/2014". Anyone else have this problem?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Starts at 12 pm (I'm assuming est).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    Starts at 12 pm (I'm assuming est).
    Hmmm ok. I just assumed it was open since people on twitch were streaming it already. Thanks

Its open you just cant connect to any matches atm

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I dont know if this was mentioned but if you want access to the alpha, you can get it free for downloading Curse Voice.

Played a few games and monster is way harder than hunters. The camera angles and default controls take a bit of getting used too. Its fun so far but i can see the repetitive maps may get old

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I dont know if this was mentioned but if you want access to the alpha, you can get it free for downloading Curse Voice.
    Good to know. I just redeemed a code. Apparently it doesn't start til tomorrow from Curse, though.

Been watching some twitch streams. Seen the monster win a few times now. At stage three with armor he's really resilient. Just have to make sure the people are completely dead so they can't get up again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Played for like 5 hours straight. First as a hunter and then as a monster towards the end. Both are really fun and every job is pretty unique in its abilities. The tracker seems to be the most pointless to me as anybody can track the monster and the tracker pet seems to move quite slowly compared to the group/monsters.

Playing as Goliath the first time I got absolutely pummeled within 3 minutes. I got backed into a corner very early in and couldn't make my way out (plus they didnt really explain the controls like they did for the hunters). The second round I learned from my mistakes and beat the hunters! Overall really fun. If anybody's looking for someone to play with my xbox live name is DaShiznit961. I'll be on alot besides tomorrow and I'm really good at the medic and assault classes.

I dunno what it is but playing as medic i felt like i was playing tf2, i also noticed that support was always lacking from team mates. I really favoured playing the monster because of it.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

The Kraken seems pretty awesome. I've watched a few groups get wrecked by it. Also the option of flight throws people off a bit.

I need to unlock kraken yet. Still got damage from leap and fire breath to get t1 on. Close to unlocking lazarus also. Dont know why people hate medic. It reminds me of tf2 so much.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

If anyone wants a PC code for this alpha, here's some that expire Sunday 8 pm PST:

INLT9-0Z98M-72QAA
    INM3G-40ZIY-WXADY
    INM8L-MRF6B-MN00Y
    INMA0-I4TJM-WKQ7W

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    If anyone wants a PC code for this alpha, here's some that expire Sunday 8 pm PST:

INLT9-0Z98M-72QAA
    INM3G-40ZIY-WXADY
    INM8L-MRF6B-MN00Y
    INMA0-I4TJM-WKQ7W
    Oh God why did I just get into bed. Ugh damn this laziness

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

only played a couple matches, maybe familiarity would improve my opinion, but thus far my impression is: solid concept, shoddy execution

Anyone still needing a PC code?

Edit: I should mention, they've extended the alpha till tuesday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast