+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Evolve (PC, PS4, Xbone) (From Turtle Rock, makers of Left 4 Dead)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ve-768796.aspx
    Few independent studios sport the multiplayer pedigree of Turtle Rock Studios. After years of working on Valve's Counter-Strike series, the California-based developer created Left 4 Dead, a post-apocalyptic shooter that redefined cooperative gaming and landed the number-one spot on Game Informer's Top 30 Co-op Games of All Time list. Now the studio is combining its competitive and cooperative design expertise for a new, next-gen only IP: Evolve. Backed by publisher 2K Games, which paid a whopping $10.8 million for the IP in last year's THQ auction, Turtle Rock is taking full advantage of gamers' powerful new systems.

The sci-fi multiplayer-focused shooter pits a four-player crew of alien hunters against a separate player-controlled monster that grows larger and more powerful over the course of matches. Each hunter features its own unique items and abilities, and while the monster may be outnumbered, its size and an assortment of devastating attacks make it a more than formidable foe. Like Turtle Rock's previous titles, Evolve is being built with variety and replayabilty in mind; the result is a novel mix of cooperative and competitive multiplayer elements that's unlike anything we've played before. Our exclusive hands-on time with the game's four-versus-one hunt mode left us with plenty to be excited about, and you can get all the details in this month's issue.

Our 12-page look at Evolve reveals the first hunters, monster, and unique equipment players will get their hands on when the game releases on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 this fall. We also have a wealth of exclusive screens and hands-on impressions you won't want to miss. Check out the cover image below for your first hint at what's to come.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/p/evolve.aspx

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've put somewhere around 500 hours into Left 4 Dead 1+2 and to this day 1 is the game my best friend and I gravitate to when we just wanna chill.

I eagerly await news on this because these people know how to make good games.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://mp1st.com/2014/01/09/informat...olve-surfaces/
    Intrigued by the next-gen shooter Evolve, the latest title to be revealed from the Left 4 Dead creators?

You’ll be in for a treat today, as a recent thread from the NeoGaf community has surface where one user managed to get their hands on a ton of information regarding the game from the upcoming issue of GameInformer, set to hit next month.

He revealed that Turtle Rock, the development team responsible for Evolve, have been hard at work creating this game for the past three years which is set to feature very lush and large environments filled with AI controlled wildlife. This wildlife will allegedly fall into four different categories:

The Sloth - Only attacks when provoked and is big as the Goliath (the name of the monster that the Hunters fight against).
    Trap Jaws - Are weak when they are alone, but are dangerous when there’s a pack of them running around and it’s suppose to be a cross between a dog and a dinosaur.
    Spotters - Able to emit sound if you get close to close to them, great for finding a Goliath.
    Carnivorous Plants - Are able to devour anything that comes close to them. If a Hunter manage to get near them, they will need the help from the other Hunters to escape.

Much like the AI wildlife, the player-controlled Hunters are split into four categories; Assault, Medic, Support, Trapper.

Each come with specific weapons and abilities. But before I go on about each type of Hunter, there are a few things that all hunters share. Weapons have unlimited ammo, but are balanced by different magazine sizes and cool-down. Every hunter is equipped with a jetpack and is able to dodge by double tapping the jetpack button. Additionally, if you happen to die, you will be revived in two minutes via a drop ship and also collect loot from the special wildlife. With that out of the way, here’s what you can expect from the Hunter classes:

Markov The Assault:

Main focus is to deal damage and to have a personal shield.
    Will be equipped with two guns; a long rifle for long engagements and a lighting rifle for close quarter combat. Markov will also be equipped with proximity mines.

Val The Medic:

Main focus is to heal and revive players.
    Will be equipped with a Medgun capable of healing and revives, as well as a tranquilizer capable of highligting and slowing down the monster.
    For offensive damage, Val is able to use a sniper rifle that’s capable of doing serious damage.

Hank The Support:

Main focus is to improve the abilities of other classes.
    Carries a laser cannon for calling orbital barrages, which limits the monster movements and shield projector that the others can use.

Griffin The Trapper:

Said to be the most advanced class.
    Carries an Harpoon gun that’s capable of stopping the monster from moving forward. He’s also equipped with sound spikes and a submachine gun.

If for some reason none of those classes interest you, Turtle Rock has revealed that there will be more different Hunters who will have their own unique equipment. But what about that menacing monster that both the wildlife and Hunters should be on the lookout for, the Goliath?

It is said to look like a hybrid of an ape, snake and a Xenomorph. At it’s final stage (cue the “this isn’t even my final form” memes) it is said to be around 30 feet. Thankfully for both the wildlife and Hunters, the Goliath has a long way to go to get to their final form. In the beginning stages, it isn’t much of a threat, as it can only use any two of the four attacks in it’s first level (Charge Attack, Leap Attack, Rock Throw, and Fire Breath), but every time it levels up and evolves, a Goliath player can access any other attacks he or she didn’t pick initially. The Goliath is also able to perform some very basic moves such as punching, leaping over long distances, and wall climbing.

Furthermore, the only way for the Goliath to evolve is by eating the wildlife. Doing so gives it armor and when it does evolve, it will go into a cocoon state that will leave the Goliath very vulnerable. Luckily for the Hunters, they will be able to use their equipment, or the footprints left behind by the Goliath, to track it down or follow the flock of birds who will be attracted to the carcasses that the monster leaves behind. However, if the monster does manage to reach it’s final form, it receives a new objective which, upon completing it, will result in the Goliath winning the match. It can also win by eliminating the four Hunters while the Hunters win by stopping the monster.

It also appears that each match in Evolve won’t take much of your time, as GameInformer reveals that they lasted about 10 to 15 minutes at most during their play time.

Evolve will be made available on the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One platforms this fall.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

2K and Turtle Rock Studios, creators of the cooperative shooter classic Left 4 Dead, today officially announced Evolve, an all-new multiplayer shooter experience. Evolve will be available this autumn for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC.

Evolve expertly blends cooperative and competitive multiplayer experiences as a team of four hunters face off against a single, player-controlled monster. Set on an alien planet in the distant future, gamers hunt their prey in adrenaline-pumping 4V1 matches. Players experience Evolve as a first-person shooter when playing cooperatively as the four hunters, while they control the monster in the third-person perspective, providing a gameplay experience unique to Evolve.

“Our philosophy is to build incredibly fun game experiences that we can’t find anywhere else,” said Chris Ashton, co-founder and design director at Turtle Rock Studios. “Evolve’s co-op vs. lone wolf formula has created some of the most intense multiplayer matches we’ve ever experienced.”

“Evolve will be a generation-defining multiplayer experience,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “As our first new IP for next-gen systems, 2K is working with Turtle Rock Studios to deliver a game that’s instantly entertaining and impossible to put down.”

Evolve is available for pre-order beginning today at participating retailers. Those who pre-order the game from participating retailers will be rewarded with the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the Savage Goliath skin at launch and a new monster character as soon as it becomes available after Evolve is released.
    http://evolvegame.com/preorder

Evolve developer Turtle Rock Studios has detailed the next-gen shooter’s assault class character Markov, and discussed the role of the human hunters.

It follows the opening of Evolve pre-orders. See what bonus DLC you can get by ordering through the link.

In a new interview with Game Informer, one of Turtle Rock’s studio heads Phil Robb dubbed Evolve’s human hunters as “planet tamers,” and added, “They show up on these planets, and they sort of help colonists make these places livable.”

Indeed, Evolve players will tame plenty of hostile alien wildlife by shooting it in the face or using skills. We covered a ton of Evolve weapons, abilities and class perks in our info blow-out through the link.

Another studio head Chris Ashton added, “That’s the reason they have harpoon guns, tranq darts – they’re here to handle the local wildlife. That’s sort of their shtick. So they get here, and they’re faced with this much bigger problem,” Robb says. “It’s a little more than they were expecting. These monsters, they’re not native to Shear, either, so the hunters suddenly find themselves, ‘Wow, we’re kind of in over our heads here.’ It becomes this sort of battle for survival.”

The planet Shear is just one environment found in Evolve, and it has been inhabited by humans for between 50 to 80 years, but once the ferocious Goliath alien hits the scene, the hunters are called into to take it down. Robb adds of the Goliath, “They’ve hit other colonies before, but there’s not a lot of information about them.”

Markov is said to have a lot of health, and boast a personal shield device. He wields a lightning rifle that spews bolts at long range, and also carries an assault rifle, while his arc mines can be used to set up traps.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/15/evol...planet-tamers/
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ers-day-1.aspx

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://mp1st.com/2014/01/16/evolve-h...pport-classes/
    The Trapper

As a Trapper, Griffin’s job is to detect and contain monsters.

To help him achieve this, he carries a special Harpoon Gun that will tether creatures to Griffin, preventing them from escaping. As a monster, attacking Griffin will allow you to break free, but at the cost of diverting your attention away from other Hunters.

Griffin also can aid in reconnaissance tactics by placing Sound Spikes at chosen locations to help ping monsters within range. He also has access to a handy submachine gun for offensive measures whenever he isn’t on trapping duties.

Shared between all Trappers is the Mobile Arena ability which creates a large dome-shaped energy field that keeps friends and foes from entering or leaving the area. This ability, along with their responsibility to trap and control monsters, makes the Trapper class a key player in Evolve’s 4 vs. 1 gameplay.

http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/...n-close2-l.jpg

http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/...ffin-far-l.jpg

The Support

Meet Hank. His job is to ensure fellow Hunters keep kicking ass.

With his Shield Gun, Hank can temporarily grant teammates invulnerability which can be especially helpful when used in conjunction with the Medic’s healing abilities.

For offensive measures, Hank can bust out his assault rifles to deal some damage, but he also has access to a nifty laser cutter that can not only deal extra damage, but also be used to literally point to enemy locations at the same time. He can also call in a devastating area-of-effect attack called the Orbital Barrage – a fantastic ability used alongside the Trapper’s Harpoon Gun.

As with all members of the Support class, Hank has the ability to cloak himself for short periods of time, which is great for setting up surprise attacks or while reviving allies.

http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/...k-firing-l.jpg
    http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/...closealt-l.jpg
    http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/...hank-far-l.jpg
    http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/...rangealt-l.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

No female characters, I need to have a vag.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I'm sure there will be since apparently each class has multiple characters.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

and of course the medic shown off is female, kinda cliche lol
    Today, GameInformer introduces one of the characters available to the Medic class, Val.

She’s a badass, Medgun-wielding Medic who can revive and heal fellow Hunters with ease in an effect similar to that of the Medic’s healing tool in Team Fortress 2, for reference.

Her capabilities go beyond simply healing, however. Val also carries an Anti-Material Rifle that can be used to highlight and expose enemy weak points. When other Hunters fire at limbs highlighted by Val’s rifle, they’ll score extra damage, which can be especially devastating when aiming at the head.

In addition, her Tranquillizer Rifle can slow enemies while highlighting their position, similar to the Trapper’s abilities.

Lastly, every Medic is equipped with a Healing Burst that will partially but instantaneously heal teammates within its effective radius.

Ultimately, Medic players will need to balance their tactics between keeping everyone’s health topped off and highlighting or slowing down Monsters.
    http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/...l_stand2-l.jpg
    http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/...l_stand4-l.jpg
    http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/...val_run1-l.jpg

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...pressions.aspx
    Seeing a game demo is one thing, but actually getting your hands on it is quite another. Anyone can tell you that a game’s controls are responsive or that co-op is fun – especially when they’re on the development team. Turtle Rock let us play Evolve for ourselves when we visited the studio, so we were able to make up our own minds. Did they deliver what the developer promised? Here are our thoughts on the game, based on our hands-on impressions.

The Hunters

Jeff M: The basic controls for hunters are just what you’d expect from a FPS, and I was glad to see Turtle Rock implemented iron sights, considering Left 4 Dead didn’t have them. It’s worth noting, however, that hunters are a lot more agile than your usual FPS protagonist. The jetpack gives you good verticality for scaling cliffs and buildings, and double-tapping the jump button performs a speedy dodge. Because you’re going up against a giant monster and not another guy with a gun, you spend a lot more time trying to dodge your enemy’s attacks. Because of that the gameplay feels a lot more active.

I was also impressed by the teamwork required for players; sticking together in the environment isn’t quite as important as it was in Left 4 Dead, but when you confront the monster, you’re always looking for opportunities to help your teammates or combine your abilities. I also liked not having to worry about ammunition (weapons are balanced by reload times) and figuring out each character’s different skills and tools.

Ben H: I'm sick of shooting people in games. Even in multiplayer, the few first-person shooter experiences that I play every year wear me out. When I first heard the pitch for Evolve as our potential cover story, I was cautiously optimistic that it would deliver something new to the genre. While visiting the studio we were allowed to play the game for several hours and I came away very impressed. Not only does the game not require you to mindlessly shoot hordes of enemy soldiers, but it's an experience that savors the downtime and tension between encounters. Playing as one of the four hunters can feel like a horror game at times. One match in particular saw the rest of my team wiped out and I was forced to survive on the alien planet for two minutes until the drop-ship returned them to the battlefield. I spent my time hiding in a fern, listening intently, and praying that the monster would stay on the other side of the map.

Jeff C: I'm a sucker for games that let me channel my inner superhero, particularly when it comes to mobility. I was pleasantly surprised to see that all of the hunters are equipped with jet packs. Jeff already touched on them, but allow me to go into them a little deeper. They're accessible by holding in the jump button, and they provide a perfect amount of vertical lift. The guys at Turtle Rock know that banging up against a platform and not having enough juice left to climb up to it can be frustrating, so they created a solution: If you're within a reasonable distance from the edge of a platform, be it a rock or manmade construction, your character enters into a quick animation of your hunter grabbing onto the edge and hoisting herself up. You don't lose much momentum, either, which is great.

Our Favorite Hunters

Jeff M: I spent most of my time playing as the support class (i.e. Hank), and really ended up enjoying the role. No matter what the situation, there was always something to do, whether it was defending allies with Hank’s shield gun, scaring off Goliath with an orbital barrage, or slinking away under the cover of my cloaking device when everyone else on the team was dead. Even though I didn’t spend a bunch of time attacking Goliath directly (although Hank’s laser deals a fair amount of damage), I still felt like I was contributing to the team in a meaningful way, which made me choose him time and time again.

Ben H: My favorite hunter to play as was the Griffin, the trapper. When hearing the pitch for the game I didn't expect the human character designs to be so exaggerated and Blizzard-esque, but it works within the world and the look of Griffin immediately caught my attention. His harpoon gun makes him incredibly valuable to the team as he's able to constrain the monster's movement and keep it on a leash away from teammates that are in danger. The highlight of my playtime with Griffin was employing his mobile arena. His special skill creates a force-field dome that beautifully descends and can trap the monster inside. This is especially useful early in the game when the monster is in his weakest form and is focused on avoiding combat. It's incredibly tense and satisfying to watch the mobile arena descend while you hope that the monster wasn't able to escape its reach. Griffin also has a decent machine gun and it should be noted that all hunters have jetpacks with a generous amount of regenerating fuel. Flying around the map as any of the hunters feels great, and I'm glad that this isn't restricted to one class/character.

Jeff C: I was fortunate enough to check out all of the hunters during our visit, but I enjoyed playing as Val the most. I'll enthusiastically take on any role that allows me to keep my teammates alive, so I generally gravitate to medic and other support classes. I was pleased to see that her role went beyond blasting my squad with a healing ray. In particular, hitting the Goliath with the tranq gun – a weapon that temporarily slows its motions to a crawl – was an effective move. I could hear the Goliath player groaning whenever I was on a roll with the gun, especially when Griffin was also immobilizing the beast with his harpoon gun. Once his movements were slowed, it was easier to chip away at the beast's armored skin with the anti-material rifle, a nasty gun that essentially turns everything it hits into a weak spot like an old-school boss battle.

Playing As The Goliath

Jeff M: Playing as Goliath is a completely different experience than being a hunter. The third-person perspective is great for giving you a view of your surroundings, and for showing off how cool your attacks are.

Starting a round as Goliath is terrifying, as you know the hunters are immediately gunning for you in hopes of catching you before you evolve. Goliath's charge and leap abilities help you stay ahead of the pack, as does climbing up objects in the environment. Evolving to the third and final stage is empowering, as is tearing through your opponents, lighting them on fire, or downing another hunter that’s trying to help an incapacitated ally.

On our second day at the studio, I played against a skilled team of hunters (controlled by Turtle Rock developers) who had no problem running circles around me – sometimes literally. It was a bit overwhelming, and I was reduced to blindly lashing out at whoever was closest to me until I finally died. Even though it was a bit embarrassing, I still had fun, and it made me eager to get in some more practice.

Ben H: Each match allows the monster to get a bit of a head-start, so my strategy when playing the monster Goliath typically involved running a safe distance away and then switching to stealth mode and sneaking off into the forest or up a cliff so that the hunters would lose track. All I thought about when playing the monster was staying away from the other players and eating. There is wildlife all over the map and Evolve starts to feel like Spore at times as you focus on hunting down and quickly devouring smaller wildlife in an attempt to build up enough strength to evolve to the next, more powerful level. There would always be a rude awakening from this cycle as I'd see flashlights from the hunters in the distance or hear a player yell "He's over here!" It amazed me how the monster could seem so scary and imposing from the hunter's perspective, because I felt like a flailing idiot when playing as the monster. Throwing rocks does an impressive amount of damage and keeping a stream of fire on a flying hunter is satisfying, but most of the time I'd find myself forgetting that I was tethered by the opponent's harpoon gun and punching the air in front of me. I used stealth more and more throughout our play session as Goliath. My favorite experiences were when I would sneakily climb to the top of a cliff and watch the four hunters walk below, completely unaware that I was so close to them and about to leap down with a devastating attack.

Jeff C: Playing as Goliath was a completely different beast, in every sense of the word. Starting out as an underpowered creature against four hunters was pretty scary stuff, especially the first time. I made the mistake of bolting away from my spawning point, trying to get as much distance between me and where the hunters would soon land. That enthusiasm/panic caught up to me, since my steps scared birdlike creatures into the air. I may as well have fired off a signal flare. Once I was found, death was a prolonged agony. I felt like an immobilized King Kong, getting tethered from a distance while little people stung me from all directions. Over time, I learned that it paid to use my stealth walk. It was slower, but I didn't startle everything on the planet away or leave telltale footprints. I also got better at efficiently hunting the wildlife and feeding, so I could evolve before meeting the hunters. That made life significantly easier, those times that I managed to pull it off. I still was constantly getting tethered, but once I learned to lash my fury (and boulders) toward one hunter at a time, they weren't nearly as intimidating.

Thoughts On Shear

Jeff M: We only saw one map, which contained some kind of industrial facility in a jungle. The layout of the map was wide open (not linear like Left 4 Dead’s levels), and size of the level was impressive; despite playing as a 30-foot monster, the map was still big enough to lose your pursuers. Despite the size, there’s still a surprising amount of detail in the environment – you can see why Turtle Rock didn’t want to try porting the game to last-gen systems.

There are also a lot of AI-controlled alien creatures in the environment, some of which are even bigger than Goliath. They weren’t as much of an immediate threat as the zombies in Left 4 Dead (some even work to your advantage), but it’s still a good idea to stick together. One giant crocodile-like enemy was particularly troublesome, as were venus flytrap-like plants that can capture you if you’re foolish enough to step on them. Even after about three hours of play I didn’t have the entire layout of the map worked out in my head. I’m definitely excited to see the other maps and environmental types the game has in store.

Ben H: We only played on one map that was set in the jungle, but I can't imagine a better setting for this experience. As a fan of Predator and colossal fan of Jurassic Park, the jungle provided the perfect tense atmosphere to hunt down the giant creature. You follow a path of footprints, surrounded by ferns and cliffs, with dinosaur-esque alien life running in herds past you. I've seen some debate online about the size of the maps in Evolve; by the end of our play session I was relatively familiar with each stand-out feature of the map, but I was still impressed by the size of the arena. When playing Goliath you will occasionally attempt to climb a cliff in the open world before realizing that it's unscalable and marking the edge of the map. You won't be tracking the monster across a world the size of Red Dead Redemption, but there is more than enough space in the map that we played to hide and keep the hunters surprised.

Jeff C: Like the other guys mentioned, we only got to play in a jungle level during our demo. I can't think of a better showcase for the game, really. The place is filled with foliage and dense plant growth, which is more than just effective eye candy. Players can hide in the overgrowth, either for setting up ambushes or to catch their breath. The local wildlife is an important consideration as well. Some of the smaller pack animals that run in fear from Goliath will eagerly attack the hunters. Goliath players can take advantage of that fact by leading unwary hunters through paths that they know will lead past aggressive wildlife, and then join in while the other players are distracted.

Closing Thoughts

Jeff M: To me, the most exciting thing about Evolve is the fact that each hunter and monster has its own unique abilities. Every item I tried out had its own nuances and added some kind wrinkle to the gameplay. After playing the game for a couple of hours, it was hard to imagine what the game would be like without Griffin’s harpoon gun, or Hank’s shield gun; I can’t wait to see what other hunters and abilities there are in the final game.

I’m also excited to see what other monsters are in the game. All of our play time was focused on taking down Goliath, but other monsters will have their own play styles and abilities, and require completely different strategies from the hunters. It all sounds like it will be a nightmare for Turtle Rock to balance, but what we played was already a lot of fun. I’m a big fan of games that offer a lot of replayability, and Evolve seems to have plenty of it.

Ben H: This may sound like an odd comparison, but playing Evolve feels playing Mario Chase from Nintendo Land combined with Left 4 Dead. There were more and more strategies building up as we played, but the hook and thrill of the game is simple to grasp. If you're playing the game with a group of friends, I can't imagine not screaming and laughing throughout. I worry that the thrill of not knowing where the monster is or what it's capable of might go away once the game's community has locked in on the best strategies for each situation, but the development team has been playing for three years now and I still had to keep them from screaming while playing so that I could film some of our video interviews in a neighboring room. I'm very curious what the team has in mind to keep players coming back to the game again and again; we didn't learn much about the progression system in the game other than the fact that you'd get more characters and monsters. I saw it as a good sign when studio co-founder Chris Ashton seemed surprised we were having so much fun with just the "basic" first tier characters and monster. Evolve is definitely on my list of most-anticipated games in 2014, and I can't wait for more people to get their hands on it and watch the enthusiasm spread.

Jeff C: We played Evolve for several hours, and I was constantly learning new strategies and tactics during that time. The thing that's easy to forget is that we were only seeing battles with one monster type against four of the same hunters on the same jungle map. The finished game will have more monsters and more hunters, as well as (notice a pattern here?) more maps. They're still not talking about numbers, but we may or may not have seen some art during our visit that points to a healthy amount of variety in all of those categories. I can't wait to see what makes it into the game, and how fundamentally those additions change up what we've already played.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm down with it. There was a few page write up in this month's Game Informer as well that sold me on it. I played the shit out of the Left 4 Dead games. Don't see why I wouldn't do it again. Kind of wish they were making Left for Dead 3 though lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Why Turtle Rock stayed with the 4 Player formula
    Evolve, like Left 4 Dead before it, will feature a team of four players battling it out against enemies, and for good reason: Turtle Rock found through trial and error that when you add more players, they become harder to keep track of.

Speaking with Game Informer, creative director Chris Ashton said when the team was working on Left 4 Dead, Valve wanted more players added to the initial team in the game. When Turtle Rock told the company it “wouldn’t work,” Valve decided to test it for themselves before agreeing with the original assessment.

“One of the first things that the Valve guys did when they started playing Left 4 Dead and they really enjoyed it, they were like, ‘This is great, but we could make it work for five guys or six guys,’” relayed Ashton. “They changed the code on their side and they tried it, and eventually they came back to four.

“What happens is, there’s a weird thing in that most people I think are able to track three friends. I can know that you’re over here and you’re in front of me and you’re to my left. And I can keep that in my mind, and I can keep in my mind that you have 50 health and you have 80 health, and I can keep track of that and fight another team.

“But if it’s four guys, it feels like I’m always losing one. I always don’t know where someone is, I don’t know where somebody’s health is – keeping track of four other friends is too much.”

The firm’s Phil Robb said it was also easier for a team of four to split into two groups to accomplish a goal, whereas with five, the “fifth player would run off and do something stupid and get himself caught.”

“It’s kind of weird,” he said. “There’s kind of some strange voodoo-type magic there. We’ve sat down and tried to figure it out from a scientific point of view, but there’s something about four guys.”
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/25/evol...ers-is-enough/
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...son-teams.aspx

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

boring teaser for presumably a real trailer on the 11th

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The game looks good, but that cover of Mother was amazing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content