+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is the only way to currently play this right now is to pay $100?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

No way to currently play. It's in pre alpha. Hoping their live stream announces a start date for alpha.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Their pledge rewards list the VIP as having Pre-Alpha access, but I'm not sure if they have that active at this point. Also it's not $100, it's $1,000 or $100/month for a year. I guess you can try cancelling the payment after a month if you were really that interested, but don't think it's a one time payment of $100.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Pantheon is currently in Pre-Alpha, and only Friends and family can play atm. VIP ($1,000+) are waiting for an announcement as to when they can play.

$100 will get you 2 copies of the game and beta access only.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So Cohhcarnage spilled the beans on everything on his stream, so the Pantheon devs put out a quick teaser. The new class will be Monk, and they are adding an Atmosphere and Acclimation system.

https://www.facebook.com/14441941391...30248470523017

What is the Atmosphere and Acclimation system?

There will be certain extreme environments in the game to which you’ll need your character to become acclimated. There will be six at launch: Frigid, Scorching, Toxic, Anaerobic, Pressure, and Wind Shear. Each of those extreme climates will have tiers associated with them corresponding to how punishing they will be to the player. For example, you may be able to survive in a Tier 1 environment without any acclimation, but you would certainly experience some detrimental effects like a weapon or movement speed penalty. The higher the tier the more detrimental and severe the effects would be.

**Lastly there will be no info in the next stream on an alpha or beta as they are still not ready to announce those plans.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Damn sad no alpha date yet but nice to at least get some new info.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Good news today. Visionary Realms has secured Series A funding for Pantheon. That's usually in the 15-20 million range. This funding will expand the team in almost every department and bring the game into a semi-private pre-alpha state where external testers and focus groups can begin sampling the game.

http://www.mmorpg.com/pantheon-rise-...ing-1000044054

Their next Stream is tomorrow.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

CohhCarnage is going to be streaming with the devs as well. I believe it starts at 2pm EST.

Apparently they want to start bringing more streamers in to the pre-alpha and dev play to get some more exposure out there, or at least that's what Cohh had said yesterday.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you missed the stream, you can check it out here.

Highlights of the Stream

Spoiler: show
    Climate/Acclimation/Infusions:

- While under the effects of an extreme Frigid climate, your movement speed is reduced, the edges of your screen are blurred, you take damage, and temporarily lose endurance.

- Some areas will have a combination of multiple climates at once.

- There are 5 different tiers of Infusions to help you overcome extreme climates.

- Infusions can be applied to your head, chest, arms, hands, legs, and feet.

- Higher tier infusions are harder to acquire.

- Higher tier infusions overwrite lower tiers.

- Infusions last indefinitely (even after death) until you equip a different infusion.

- Infusions can be crafted. Some special infusions may be only acquired through crafting.

Player Corpses:

- When you loot your corpse, your items are automatically equipped.

- Upon death, clicking "Release" brings you to the zone entrance with none of your gear. (subject to change)

- You cannot loot someone else's corpse.

- You can drag someone else's corpse with consent.

Perception:

- The perception system can allow you to determine a mob's disposition before engaging it. Otherwise, it will have to be discovered through trial-and-error by the player.

- Quests made available by the perception system are not focused on being a primary source of XP.

Combat:

- There are different animations for in-combat and out-of-combat meditation.

- You cannot change memorized abilities during combat.

- Some spells are instant-cast and can be cast while on-the-move, while others take time to cast and the caster must remain stationary.

- If a level 50 character casts a buff on a level 5 character, the effects of that buff will be scaled down so that it is not overpowered.

- Some abilities complement each other when used together.

- There is a chance that a Feign Death attempt can fail.

- XP earned from kills is divided equally among all group members. (subject to change)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

They also confirmed there will be NMs with different spawn conditions, but they are going to stay away from multi-day spawns.

Corpse retrieval could get nasty depending on level design and respawns. It's honestly one of those aspects of Diablo 2 I didn't like and hasn't been emulated much in other games since.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Corpse retrieval could get nasty depending on level design and respawns. It's honestly one of those aspects of Diablo 2 I didn't like and hasn't been emulated much in other games since.
    They said they were still figuring out the death system. Right now they have a placeholder where you loot your corpse and nobody else can, but I don't know if that will be the final iteration.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    They said they were still figuring out the death system. Right now they have a placeholder where you loot your corpse and nobody else can, but I don't know if that will be the final iteration.
    I know Brad and the Devs want to have a light death system, but the vast majority of VIP's (aka the Whales) are frothing at the mouth for harsher death penalties and eliminating the convenience that limits broader player interaction, community, and player reputation. Time will tell who will win out, and whether they have a mandate to include such things.

Things can't possibly go wrong if they listen to the hardcore nutjobs, right...?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Well there is still a penalty. You lose exp like in XI and I believe they said something else happens as well. It was in the last stream with Cohh when he first died near the start. I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

That said, I don't know if they'll go with corpse retreival, but they also said that nobody else would be able to loot your corpse.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Things can't possibly go wrong if they listen to the hardcore nutjobs, right...?
    Nope things can't possibly go wrong, just look at Wildstar..lol

Next Stream is tomorrow at 11 pm pst.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    Nope things can't possibly go wrong, just look at Wildstar..lol

Next Stream is tomorrow at 11 pm pst.
    11am PST. 2pm EST today according to Cohh's title.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    11am PST. 2pm EST today according to Cohh's title.
    Thanks for the correction.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    Thanks for the correction.

No problem. I saw your post this morning and thought "damnit, I'll long be in bed by then," but then saw Cohh's title so came to make the correction.

I'm curious how much more they could have done within a week. Last time was to show off more of the animations and mechanics as well as the Monk class.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you missed the Stream, you can watch it here :

Some new info :

- The devs want you to incur a xp debt when you die, that you have to pay off, rather than die and lose lvl's.

- Also the devs want to have regional auction houses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast