+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Re-watched the stream again and got some more info. Namely that death doesn't take you back to those nexus stones that seem to be in every zone. They still aren't committing to definite mechanics, but the plan is for players to re-spawn at their bind without their gear. It will also be up to the players to bind accordingly before entering a dangerous situation.

Another important note was the information about twinking and how items scale on players. An item on a low level player doesn't adjust down, it remains the same. However, how effective the player uses the item is reduced by their skill level (and maybe how stats benefit from level?). They also want most items to remain trade-able rather than no drop/bop/boe. This means they are not going out of their way to artificially restrict twinking and what people choose to do with their items.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    They also want most items to remain trade-able rather than no drop/bop/boe. This means they are not going out of their way to artificially restrict twinking and what people choose to do with their items.
    I always liked this better. Like in XI, you could sell your shit after you're done with it to help pay for the next upgrade.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The reason the industry went to BoP was due to RMT antics, as well as to cut down issues of duping. If they made the gear Bind on Account, that would be a happy medium, but just a FFA on everything is not a good idea. Also, their current death mechanic of not having your gear when you re-spawn won't last; the vast majority of people out there do not have time for that shit, especially if things re-spawn between you and your gear, effectively cutting you off from all of your progress, or god forbid, you didn't set your spawn point so you're half a world away, naked and afraid.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    The reason the industry went to BoP was due to RMT antics, as well as to cut down issues of duping. If they made the gear Bind on Account, that would be a happy medium, but just a FFA on everything is not a good idea. Also, their current death mechanic of not having your gear when you re-spawn won't last; the vast majority of people out there do not have time for that shit, especially if things re-spawn between you and your gear, effectively cutting you off from all of your progress, or god forbid, you didn't set your spawn point so you're half a world away, naked and afraid.
    I understand why they did BoE and BoP, but I was always annoyed by the fact that I couldn't take the sparkly armor I got at level 40 and sell it when I hit 50 to get the next sparkly armor, but had to farm for x days because I lose all that value from the level 40 stuff.

Binding to an account would be a decent trade off if you were leveling the same/similar class and could use the armor on another character, but it doesn't help with progressing forward with the original owner of that item.

I agree that the drop all equipment thing is not something I like. There were multiple times in XI, Aion, XIV, etc. where I would try to do something difficult to have some fun and would die. Getting back to whatever point that was without any equipment would likely be incredibly difficult if not impossible.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I've noticed with their last round of funding, they opened up a new office in North San Diego County. Some team members are relocating, and they are expanding to fill up the new office. Maybe some of you would like to work for VR...

http://visionaryrealms.com/company/career/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Brad and Co. will be at San Diego comic con, where they will be showing off the game and making a few announcements. They even have a new trailer.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Brad and company, showed off Pantheon today in their lastest stream.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Visionary Realms will be at Twitch Con this weekend. They will be at booth 1309 in the Indie Zone. Here they will have staff on hand to answer all the questions players will want to ask. There is suppose to be an announcement from VR as well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

VR will be streaming live at TwichCon at 2:30 pm pst, on Saturday. They will be showing off some new stuff, demoing Pantheon, and maybe even making an announcement.

You can watch it on the TwichCon stream

https://go.twitch.tv/twitchconindieworkshop

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you missed the stream you can watch the video here

They announced that pre-alpha will be here in time for the holidays. So backers who pay $1,000 or more (or $100 a month) will be able to play the game soon. Also Pre-Alpha would be getting removed from the pledges in two weeks.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Hope alpha won't be too far off so I can start paying lol. Hoping it starts at most 6 months after. Will be nice just getting more info at least.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The next stream. This time they showed off the human city of Thronefast (Pantheon's version of Qeynos). The city is not completed yet, but they wanted to show us a "behind the scenes" look at content as it is being created.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Pre-Alpha started last week. But there is an NDA as thick as the eye can see. So it will be hard to find info.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hmm, maybe Brad blew all the crowdfunding money again on hookers and blow. Hence why they need volunteers again...lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Visionary Realms welcomes back Cohhcarnage. Together they are going check out some of the latest updates, and maybe a sneak peak at the ongoing Pre Alpha.

Tune in on Sunday, 18th March at 11 am PDT to see what cohh thinks.

You can watch either VR's official channel https://www.twitch.tv/visionaryrealms or or watch Cohhcarnage's channel https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you missed today's stream. Cohhcarnage has posted it on his youtube channel.

Visionary Realms will be doing another stream this Tuesday March 20th at 8pm pst. The stream will feature special guest Jim Lee of DC comics. You will be able to watch it over on his stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/jimlee

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Visionary Realms had another Stream last night. This time it was with Special Guest Jim Lee of comic book fame. If you want to watch it you can check it out here :

Jim Lee had his character bug out in the first 20 mins or so. But you can check out the character creation during that time if you want.

If you want to see something funny, you can check out Brad Mcquaid! He decides that he wants to solo the raid boss all by himself.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ConcernedAlt...hallotDansGame

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Visionary Realms is offering a new special Pax Pledge Tier worth $1,000. It’s similar to the regular-flavor $1000 tier, with a few extra perks, including pre-alpha access to let you hop into the game in May.

But if that is too rich for your blood, VR is having a contest. The studio is giving away five such $1000 packages during Pax East. All you have to do is sign up for their newsletter to be entered. I think it's for US residents only.

If you are interested in the new Pax Pledge Tier, or want to sign up for the contest you can check out the link below.

https://pantheonmmo.com/pax/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Photo Dump from Pax East

Spoiler: show