Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    lol recycled Haub dat. I'm starting to sense a fucking theme here.
    Come play FFXIV, it will take you from the boredom that is FFXI with it's FFXIV boredom.

:D

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    lol recycled Haub dat. I'm starting to sense a fucking theme here.
    people are seriously complaining about recycled gear now?

there have been more armor set designs introduced in any single major version update of 2013 than there was for the WHOLE of 2009. Take it from the person who mines this shit. Recycled gear dats is not the least bit of concern at the moment.

Before we forget some of the new armor dat sets we've gotten. Does nobody remember these at all?

I think its pretty refreshing that some of the older designs are making a comeback. It gives longtime players a slight sense of nostalgia and a bit of dissonance when they see high level players decked out in 'newb' gear

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    I wonder what the difference between surviving and besting is here? They seem like the same thing.
    Perhaps it's the difference between full clear and partial? Like you survived your fight with Tenzen but wouldn't you like to go back and beat up the 3 taru as well!?!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Come play FFXIV, it will take you from the boredom that is FFXI with it's FFXIV boredom.

:D
    Can't believe you fell to the dark side!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche hard mode fights could potentially be very interesting. Not sure if anyone really remembers, but the fights had some unique mechanics attached that they could expand on and make pretty cool.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Great Wheel is going to make the standard RNG + PLD strategy extremely difficult or impossible on higher difficulties. I'm interested in seeing what people come up with for VD on it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche hard mode fights could potentially be very interesting. Not sure if anyone really remembers, but the fights had some unique mechanics attached that they could expand on and make pretty cool.
    Kam was awesome. Not sure about other servers but we always called him super man for the way he would fly around and pretty much own anyone and everyone all the time. Led to some weird semi kiting in small area strats sometimes lol. But yeah was one of my favorite fights. Hate how much you could pretty much ignore all the things that made the BC fight interesting and just zerg in apoc nigh.

As far as trying him on VD... that sounds like it will be real fun. Eald... well Exoplates will make initial hate fun especially for melee methods. His moving around and annoying moves in 2nd form will be all kinds of chaos lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Could see them making his enspells undispellable and having them grant additional benefits besides elemental absorption.

Eald'narche could have regenerating Exoplates and stronger Orbitals with additional mechanics attached, like maybe they self destruct if left alive too long or something, or they could act like Chirada/Suparna in XIV's Garuda fights and give him buffs if they're alive. Second phase would make RNG strategies almost impossible too since he doesn't have static enmity when he's teleporting around.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

e
    Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Great Wheel is going to make the standard RNG + PLD strategy extremely difficult or impossible on higher difficulties. I'm interested in seeing what people come up with for VD on it.

Unless they really increase HP or something, 2 PLD. 2 RNG would work still. Or use an SCH if he is stunnable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Could see them making his enspells undispellable and having them grant additional benefits besides elemental absorption.
    Absorbs all dmg except of opposite element. Add in additiona dmgs that count as each of the different melee types like excal. bwhahhahahhaa

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I hope this update springs another awful promotion video, Square needs practice with WMM.