I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians (A Spiritual Successor to Final Fantasy Tactics)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dians?ref=live

Could be great, could be terrible, but better than nothing?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Looks appealing to me, I like all FFT style strategy games though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Decided to back it. I'd like this to be fully realized.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

as much as i'm liking the idea it's still over 18 months til there even considering its release :/ meh i'll back it friday

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've got high hopes for this. FFT is probably in my all time top 5.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

backed. kinda derp that you can only get 1 of the 4 kickstarter classes (for $80 no less)

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hope it ends up being decent (as I do with every crowdfunded game), but it's hard for me to feel confident when the company specialized in iOS exclusively according to their website's catalog, and that Matsuno just feels randomly thrown in there amongst the rest of the folks responsible.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

This will result in nothing but disappointment, abort pls.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Crimson Shroud alone is enough to justify my hope for what Matsuno can manage to generate with limited resources, assuming he's more than just there for decoration. And if it gets to the Sakimoto stretch goal, it'll probably be worth buying just for the soundtrack. Definitely worth a twenty dollar bet.

Akihiko Yoshida was confirmed to be added to the core team for character design today. However seems like the project is having trouble just meeting the base goal, much less any of the good stretch goals.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Akihiko Yoshida was confirmed to be added to the core team for character design today. However seems like the project is having trouble just meeting the base goal, much less any of the good stretch goals.
    I know, which is completely disappointing since FFT is probably one of my favorite games of all time. I'd solely fund it if I were rich!

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They're not going to get Sakimoto but they should reach $600k unless something catastrophic happens.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

According to their update today, Sakimoto has signed on regardless of funding outcome. (Which is good because the funding trends are pretty depressing.) Even if I had no interest in the game, pledging 20 for the base amount plus 8 for the soundtrack add-on would be mildly tempting, heh.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Oh jesus their pledges dropped off a cliff and there's 72 hours left?

Looks like people are pissed off at the lack of coherent updates. More vision than product to show off and it really doesn't look like more than a few pieces of key art are completed.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Into the "final 48 hours" thing, and reaching the base goal is looking vaguely promising for the first time in a while, thanks in part to them sticking out a bunch of new carrots in the form of more add-ons for a pile of random stuff. Five bucks a piece for the kickstarter skins for the classes, instead of having to hit one of the bigger tiers, ten bucks for the digital art book, etc. Very a la carte. Whatever works, I guess.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Hmm, good for them. I hope the game's good.

From the sound of some of their update emails, I wonder if the kickstarter is the only money they have for the project. Regardless of how much they get from slacker backer, at least we are getting a spiritual successor to FFT. Even if it is just a phone game, I'm not really concerned as long as it's good.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

From the sound of some of their update emails, I wonder if the kickstarter is the only money they have for the project. Regardless of how much they get from slacker backer, at least we are getting a spiritual successor to FFT. Even if it is just a phone game, I'm not really concerned as long as it's good.
    This game was coming out on iOS/Android regardless. The kickstarter was funding an expanded scope for the project. Trouble is the way the stretch goals were structured was head-scratching and caused people to wonder just how exactly they were budgeting the title.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

According to their last update, they're continuing on their "add Matsuno's buddies to the team even though we didn't make their stretch goals" warpath by adding Alexander Smith and Joseph Reeder, Matsuno's favorite translators. Not as big a deal as snagging Sakimoto, but still potentially awesome. The overall atmosphere of the various Ivalice games, especially Vagrant Story, definitely benefited from these guys' involvement.