1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Depends on how far down mobs are as well, or if tank has enough hate. I usually have to do the hardcast first then swift the second if I know they will lose aggro on the first.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Love the guide, hit 50 BLM (i80) yesterday and am already 1/2ing parses. (mostly Garuda EX for ring farming) I've been reading it for a week in preperation and the rotations work extremely well.

Thanks!
    Of all the people it could help, glad it was you lol, your info in FFXI (on ffxiah) on SAM, DRK, PLD, helped me all the time

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Depends on how far down mobs are as well, or if tank has enough hate. I usually have to do the hardcast first then swift the second if I know they will lose aggro on the first.
    With big pulls in WP and AK I used to have to communicate with my tank a lot about when to do my AoEs to see if he had proper hate management, cover was ready, etc. Mobs don't tend to like me when I throw some fire2's and 3 flares back-to-back at them. I would usely save Swift for that 3rd flare because I would almost always have hate after the 2nd flare. Outside of the 3 flare, I would use it first for the same reason Niiro listed, get it on CD faster

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Any chance a small guide about material geared for he vanya should be applied? I have a friend that need's help and I have no idea what to tell her to spec.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't know how true this is anymore.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Ugh, that chart makes me vomit. Its creator hasn't updated it in ages despite additional information being provided, it's largely incomplete, and at least two sections have incorrect values.

If you're looking for i70 gear stat CAPS, then you'd be better served here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1707712

If you're looking for i70 gear meld order RECOMMENDATIONS, then just use your common sense (i.e. det + crit will probably serve you best), and know that you're just going to replace the gear soon enough anyway, so don't put too much thought into it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I just want to say thanks for the info, guys. Got bitched at the other night for not doing ENUFF SWEET DEEPS as BLM on Garuda EX (it's not my main, damnit), and had to go cry in a corner for a while. This thread has increased my booms a whole lot in one day of practice, I'm interweaving flares in single target rotation naturally ^^

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by solidgryffin View Post
    Any chance a small guide about material geared for he vanya should be applied? I have a friend that need's help and I have no idea what to tell her to spec.
    I'll throw something in the main post tomorrow while I'm on day one of snowmageddon days off (I dislike the south very much for stuff like this), I'll update it with current stuff, since there has been a huge change in the availability and price of teir 4 materia, so it makes it easier to get the absolute best melds on each piece.

Edit: I will say however that I don't generally suggest fully melded gear, since the introduction of Crystal tower, Primal accessories, and the myth cap being raised, it's considerably easier to gear up for a 0 gil cost that it was when Myth and Coil drops were the only other option. Whereas a fully melded accessory or body gear will still cost you 700-900k to fully meld.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

thx for the info. she has all jobs at 50 but her fav has always been blm. she just started ct this week.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So anyone got a pre-T5 BiS list? It's been harder than I thought to find one I liked. (Note: still a couple of weeks away from beginning spending myth on BLM [Need 2 more myth items for PLD])

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    vortex over allagan ring?

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah. More acc + det instead of spell speed

EDIT: Shaano's set is coil ready, and you can wear it outside too to be effective, but I like using allagan body. If you don't plan on using BLM in coil save yourself the myth

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only seen body once and felt nice enough to pass for a BLM that has a horrible connection issue. :/ sucks but I might get the next one. Anything to push primals out of the way a wee bit faster.

edit;

if you get your hands on the same set, but change earring to titans then you can eat buttons instead of deviled eggs to cover the last acc you need

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    I'll throw something in the main post tomorrow while I'm on day one of snowmageddon days off (I dislike the south very much for stuff like this), I'll update it with current stuff, since there has been a huge change in the availability and price of teir 4 materia, so it makes it easier to get the absolute best melds on each piece.

Edit: I will say however that I don't generally suggest fully melded gear, since the introduction of Crystal tower, Primal accessories, and the myth cap being raised, it's considerably easier to gear up for a 0 gil cost that it was when Myth and Coil drops were the only other option. Whereas a fully melded accessory or body gear will still cost you 700-900k to fully meld.
    I also think Vanya isn't really worth the effort, but on my server at least, I think melded accessories (or an accessory) with even just one Vitality IV can really help get a new player geared up faster (the stuff with minimum HP mechanics), and are no longer super expensive. They are also situationally useful whenever more HP matters more than a little more DPS, whereas once you get i80 it's goodbye Vanya... I dunno, kind of a waste lol

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

We got the body this week, but I passed on greeding because it was the one piece our SMN (who was doing WHM that run) wanted. And I usually more than willing to pass on stuff for FC members (unless its tank shit, but I'm our MT so).

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I barely got the body last week lol. first time I've ever seen it drop, and I've been clearing T2 for a minute. Depends on your group too, between the 3 people we have lotting caster primary we split our stuff up between ourselves, even though we could all technically lot. We all had mytho body so we just lotted it out, but even though I'm primary blm I'm stuck going WAR often so I'll more than likely end up passing casting legs to the other 2, if they ever fucking drop

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Working on BLM as my first well-geared caster DPS(because I hate my SMN for some God-unknown reason), and I'm looking at a pre-Coil gear set, with no Myth investment since I'm spending it on finishing off BiS WHM Myth before I move on. Currently I have the thought of:
    NQ Stardust
    Crimson Circlet
    Crimson Vest
    DL hands
    DL Sash
    DL Breeches
    Crimson Shoes
    Ultima Choker
    DL Earrings
    DL Bracelet
    DL/Vortex Ring

This is what I can get fairly easily. Lots of Garuda/Ultimas going on. I haven't done Ifrit or TItan EX yet, but I do want to get the Elder Staff, which would be my first "for sure" upgrade. Gives me 432 ACC pre-food. After that, I was hoping to get Tremor Earrings and Inferno Bangles(maybe?)
    Also, when I -CAN- spend Myth on my BLM, what order should I spend it in?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Working on BLM as my first well-geared caster DPS(because I hate my SMN for some God-unknown reason), and I'm looking at a pre-Coil gear set, with no Myth investment since I'm spending it on finishing off BiS WHM Myth before I move on. Currently I have the thought of:
    NQ Stardust
    Crimson Circlet
    Crimson Vest
    DL hands
    DL Sash
    DL Breeches
    Crimson Shoes
    Ultima Choker
    DL Earrings
    DL Bracelet
    DL/Vortex Ring

This is what I can get fairly easily. Lots of Garuda/Ultimas going on. I haven't done Ifrit or TItan EX yet, but I do want to get the Elder Staff, which would be my first "for sure" upgrade. Gives me 432 ACC pre-food. After that, I was hoping to get Tremor Earrings and Inferno Bangles(maybe?)
    Also, when I -CAN- spend Myth on my BLM, what order should I spend it in?
    That's actually a really good start, with crimson upgrades in place of DL (granted 1 item/week is a bottleneck there) you have a really solid starter set there. This is where I would recommend Crafted stuff, for people that don't intend to spend Myth on BLM (or at least not soon), if you can craft it, or have a friend that can craft the stuff for you with no mark up, and throw some VIT on there, the I would go that route...but in my case (and for anyone that is actively trying to gear their blm with Myth/allagan) in particular, I had a FC mate make an Astral bracelet for me, I melded 1 materia (DTR i think) to it, we ran coil 1-4 that night and i was on BLM instead of PLD, and allagan bracelet dropped and I won...so astral got junked immediately.

Also a note on VIT melding crafted stuff, it's great for lower level builds, but honestly if you aren't eating plumes or something, that "4k hp minimum" thing is usually just a guideline for PUG's really, I was doing Titan EX on BLM with 3.8k hp with no problems...use manaward more!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I made a decision to not add the super boss quint melds for crafted gear on here, it's more effort than i want to add considering I advocate the use of better gear and not wasting gil on bullshit. it can be helpful to gain some VIT, and since they're fairly cheap now (mats+VIT4x1 is like 30k total on my server), that is a pretty good quick fix, other than that, rocking most of the crafted gear after you have i80 or i90 gear is just for show, definitely shouldn't be used long term in my opinion, even if you don't intend to spend myth--CT gear, Primal/Ultima accessories, Primal weapon, Coil loots--no need to blow 500k or more (on materia) on getting 1 piece of astral/rose gold/vanya gear quint melded. If you think you need the VIT to participate in endgame stuff, I challenge you to dodge better and time your manaward/walls better so you're not killing yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast