1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Because mobs have collision detection with one another and can't occupy the same space, so for large mobs the effective radius of an AoE would be cut by a large amount because of all the empty space in within the target circle.
    Yes this is quite annoying. I always default to the smallest model when choosing an AoE target as a result. You can see a very good example of how this works in the first pull of ST (if all grouped together).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

recast time on spells has a hard cap of 1.50 seconds whereas cast time continues to decrease below 1.00.
    Ah, I was thinking only about cast time. I wonder if skill speed caps at 1.5 as well, seeing as it would literally become useless after that point if it did. Wonder if gear+selene+futon is enough to test.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I finally have the chance to gear my BLM, and its possible I may end up doing coil as BLM from now on. But since I'm not sure still, I'm uncertain on a good gear priority to aim towards, or maybe there's one that works well for both coil and non coil situations? My BLM is still in basic i110 gear, so I have a ways to go. At the most, I can get 2 Kirimu pieces for BLM since slowly working on WHM relic which will steal another chunk of my gil, so not sure which 2 takes top priority in getting. I have 1790 Poe as well, and 2 spare twines, as well as a spare carboncoat. I'm also close to finishing my zeta for BLM. So going from an old 2.3 BiS, what's a good priority for me with what I have avail atm?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Feet -> belt if acc needed, if not then body till t11 puts out that sexy piece. From there just craft head/hands/belt if you don't want to use a twine on it, WoD legs are amazing. Right side can go for ring/earring, earring can be crafted 110 and melds some VIT since hp is gonna be shit anyway on some fights, gain 5 acc compared to i130 but lose 10 spell speed, not super huge loss.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So basically, get Crafted Head/Hands/Belt, Poe body(belt if acc needed)/boots, Wod pants, Poe Ring and Crafted Earrings for now, then just go from there? Upgrading wherever I can.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Poetics Ring is horrible. Get crafted Ring.

Get the true ice bracelet. Get the poetics neck

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So out of things available to me atm, how does this look: http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/PXY4

The only problem I see so far with this is that I'd be 6? acc short of acc cap in t13 if I use Sach. This is already more crafted stuff then I intended, but I might be able to manage this and just hope I get lucky with melds. Any recommendations on what to change with this? Preferably something that involves less crafted gear qq

edit: nvm, I can trade off 9sspd for 7acc on gloves.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    So out of things available to me atm, how does this look: http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/PXY4

The only problem I see so far with this is that I'd be 6? acc short of acc cap in t13 if I use Sach. This is already more crafted stuff then I intended, but I might be able to manage this and just hope I get lucky with melds. Any recommendations on what to change with this? Preferably something that involves less crafted gear qq

edit: nvm, I can trade off 9sspd for 7acc on gloves.
    I'd say if you want, get the crafted legs and meld them out (expensive) until you get the T11 Chest. But if you are as lucky as me, you won't get it!

My Relic is SS/Acc, mainly so I don't have to worry about dropping spellspeed to maintain accuracy. I'd imagine the SS/Det is still optimal right now though

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah, I was gonna make the pants and meld them out, but due to bad luck regarding melds, I sadly had to trade off the 9sspd for 6acc. I couldn't even meld the ring how I wanted either, but I made sure to cap acc and sspd. my HP should probably be fine, so I'll probably just go poverty on the last meld on my ring and add DET +4, might do same with earring as well and skip the vit +3 and just add det +4. I should sit around 6200hp still with food and I'm sure that's enough for BLM.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Yeah, I was gonna make the pants and meld them out, but due to bad luck regarding melds, I sadly had to trade off the 9sspd for 6acc. I couldn't even meld the ring how I wanted either, but I made sure to cap acc and sspd. my HP should probably be fine, so I'll probably just go poverty on the last meld on my ring and add DET +4, might do same with earring as well and skip the vit +3 and just add det +4. I should sit around 6200hp still with food and I'm sure that's enough for BLM.
    I've been clearing with like 6070 without issues, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Personally, when I do my jewelry, i'm going to BiS them, as I can make gil fairly easily and patch is 3 months away.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I am looking into using potions in my rotations but I have yet to find a good summary of when it is better to use say, a mega-ether for another Flare versus using an Int Pot. At the moment I am working with the assumption that for AoE situations it is best to use Mega-Ether to get a 3rd Flare and for Single Target (ie FCoB bosses) it is better to open with F3 > Int Pot > F1 > RS > F1x4 > SC+Flare > Convert > F1 > B3; of course it is always possible that using the Mega-Ether in the single target rotation to get a double Flare is better. Has anyone found any good resources/math that includes potion use?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Got a somewhat weird question. What is the best gear for non-Coils? Like for WoD and Experts. If possible exclude T10-13 as I haven't done them yet and crafted gear that isn't BiS currently cause I'm cheap.

So in other words not really best gear but better then just full Poetics and a Zeta for WoD and other places where Acc doesn't matter for BLM ....

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Pick gear with the most SS > Det/Crit > minimal acc on it.

???

Profit.

At the point where you exclude FCoB and crafted, there's really only WoD, Ironworks, and some i110 PvP. My BLM is mostly i110 to i120 pieces and I swap in a lot of i110 PvP pieces for no-acc things like old Extremes. Gets me GCD down pretty low.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Also, if you exclude FCoB gear, you might as well go with most to all poetics since higher ilvl beats most everything else.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I see. Thanks anyhow.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So for posterity's sake:

How does one go about calculating the optimal PIE amount for a given rotation?
    I know I can look it up, I just want to see how to calculate it myself for different rotations.