1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 16 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    Mytho hands would put you at acc requirement for T4. Once you hit acc cap, it kinda doesn't really matter as everything from there is an upgrade. I like allagan body on blm, shit is mad sexy but it also depends how long you want to hold out. With 2.2 less than a month away (hopefully) you'll be able to spam all the stuff you want anyway so I'd just follow the BiS in the start of the thread. Keep in mind too that it's all bound to change and with new turns coming up we'll more tan likely need more accuracy so doin mytho body couldn't hurt either.

and what Raldo said, if you're not too worried about doin' coil soon I'd get hero ring + vortex just so you can get out of full DL. idk what tremor earring looks like but I know mytho earring is kinda weak
    I would like to get Titan earring (16 acc /drool) but the thought of spamming Titan Ex makes me want to puke (especially after this past weekend spam of Garuda Ex [I lost lot like 6 times, wiped many more because people suck])

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah, I'd go with ring, as it's pretty good. Myth earring isn't that good; I would aim for Titan given your current accuracy and that the darklight is still giving you 12 acc. Hands are also a great choice for hitting your acc requirements.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

shit is being made way too complicated lol. The only time I've missed 3 FS procs is if I wasn't payin attention in like AK or somethin while watchin Netflix. I don't know the math for missing 3 but to keep it real simple it's that there's a 40% chance each fire will proc, but the odds of getting 2 procs back-to-back is 16%, the dps loss isn't too much though because if you canceled it via movement and hit the proc instead of continuing the fire cast you had going you only did 300 more damage on the nuke but wasted like a whole 1 1/2 GCD timer, so you're actually in the hole 300+dmg by canceling the original fire.

I think.
    back from my break on the forums...and this is about right, waste those proc's!, because waiting on the proc to register so you can get a free cast will lower your overall dps in the long run...at least until they decide to fix the delay for FS registering.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    What I'm doing is jumping when I see the firestarter effect on my character (I think its faster then icon), insta fire 3 mid air, and waiting for gcd on the way down + an extra second or so. My reasoning being I dont lose damage on instacast, cause instacast makes up for the mid cast i lost by jumping, its higher damage any ways, and i save mp for a fire 1 which is another shot at firestarter.

No no? I just came back after taking many months, don't know what's new to the job play style wise.

I should add, if its at the end if my rotation I just use it after UI for quick start to fire rotation.

Some more edits lol, I only do this when I can focus on my status effects. If I can't, I don't cancel any fire.
    also to answer this in a bit more detail:
    fire1(less than 2.5 seconds seconds, w/e your spellspeed brings you down to)> start fire1 cast (.5 second before FS proc shows)>see FS +jump interupt and use FS all at once (about .5 second for that to process in the human brain and move from you eye to you brain down to your finger, for most people)>fire3 usages invokes CGD (another 2.5 seconds), you just spent 2.5+.5+.5+2.5 seconds~ to do 220+150 potency(+80% dmg from AF3)= 111~dps
    whereas fire (~2.5seconds,)>FS procs, but you’re already into fire1 cast, continue cast (2.5~ seconds)>use FS proc (2.5 seconds on invoking GCD), is 7.5~ seconds, 550potency(+80%dmg)=132dps
    the second option is the clear winner given a perfect world, which is always what you should plan for, granted, stuff changes in real time and space, and if you have to move to dodge something anyway, and FS procs and you use it, then you didn’t lose any real casting time did you?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It was never a question of straight dps, it was "Is taking the extra time to interrupt worth it if I can land more firestarters each fire rotation?"

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    It was never a question of straight dps, it was "Is taking the extra time to interrupt worth it if I can land more firestarters each fire rotation?"
    The only reason to land more firestarters each rotation is to increase your dps, so, yes, it is a question of straight dps.

It's in the thread title ffs!

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I think you guys misinterpreted his statement. Straight DPS is the DPS is the gain without including the overall DPS from more firestarter procs. His post does not include the overall average DPS from more opportunities at firestarter procs.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yugl wins the prize. I guess a more apt question is "Is a 40% proc rate worth interrupting if it means more Fire 3 usage per rotation?" Maybe it is worth it, I won't math it out cause w/e, but if it is when you consider that more often then not you'll get firestarter procs every other cast, meaning you don't lose a proc on average, the gain just isn't worth the hassle.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

while i didn't directly say it, yes it does address that, because there is an average for the proc rate and the number of casts per full~ mp pool....didn't really think I needed to say it, but honestly if you're questioning what people are telling you at this point, after people have parsed both methods ( A LOT), you should just parse yourself and if you find different results share it with us, that's my end to that discussion.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So, what's the best way to do aoe damage now?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    So, what's the best way to do aoe damage now?
    by casting AOE spells

<had to>

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    by casting AOE spells
    http://a.pomf.se/aojrpm.gif
    Everything is so clear now :3

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

fire 3 > raging strikes > fire 2 > fire 2 > fire 2 > flare > vert > fire 2 > swift cats > flare > tranpose > fire 3 > fire 2 > fire 2 > flare

rinse repeat. Using raging strike, vert and swift depends on the fight, I don't usually do it unless it's a massive pull or shit needs to die asap

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

fire 3 > raging strikes > fire 2 > fire 2 > fire 2 > (can use Swiftcast here)flare > vert >fire2(you should have enough mp back from convert to hit another fire2 before the next flare)> (or use swiftcast here)flare > Transpose >blizz3 > fire 3 > fire 2 > fire 2 > Fire2 > Flare
    rinse repeat. Using raging strike & vert + swift depends on the fight, I don't usually do it unless it's a massive pull or shit needs to die asap
    close but not quite

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, read over your OP and made the changes on my post. Had vert + swift together, put blizz instead of transpose(lol), etc

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

also, if it's a big pull, and you are well geared, even if the tank is a super badass, you will probably have to use either quelling strikes after raging, or somewhere in there, or pop manawall so you don't get wrecked...pull hate off of good tanks with this without quellilng strikes, there is nothing they can do, it's on you to save your own arse

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Cools, that's what i've been doing xD

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yeah, read over your OP and made the changes on my post. Had vert + swift together, put blizz instead of transpose(lol), etc
    yeah I still haven't had a ton of time to do testing, but I am convinced that you can do more total dmg byweaving in a freeze after the transpose, since you are going to have to either 1. wait 3 tics for mp with UI1, 2. cast bliz3, which is a 3 second cast, and only single target, and still have to wait another tic for full mp, or 3. cast freeze, which puts you up to ui2 (should only need 1 more tic after freeze at ui2 for full mp), all enemies, and binds targets (if that even matters), I thnk freezewill only be worth while if there are more than a certain number of targets, but I don't think that number is more than 4 or 5.

edit: i think 3 or more mobs and freeze after transpose is better....but have not tested yet

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

would need some testing for sure. Currently I haven't been using blizz3 or freeze after transpose, I just que my fire3 up asap. It will mp proc with ui1 on twice before fire3 goes off which gives me enough mp to do 2 fire2's with a flare. I can totally see throwing in a freeze raising total AoE DPS as it'll give our mp pool more time to proc/proc with ui2 on. It'll give us damn close to full mp, if not enough to throw in 3 fire 3's and a flare. Hopefully.