1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 3 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Has there been any confirmation of BLM ACC required T9? I'm hoping its the same as T8. Else I have to buy Soldier Belt or get a Moogle neckpiece.

I've been messing around with that Inf. Flare loop on the 3 training dummies, averaging around 900 after 30s-1min then peaks and drops to 700-800 DPS after 5 minutes

T2> F3> F2x2-3 > > ( Flare >Transpose > Quelling/Raging Strikes > Flare > Hi-Elixer > Flare > Convert/SwiftCast > Flare > Transpose) > > Flare > Flare > Transpose > Flare> Flare > Repeating..

Averaging 21-24% Crit Went to mess around how it averaged out On single targets it's at 230-280 DPS

- W/o Food I'm curently at 451 ACC, 556 Crit, 357 Determination and 415 Spell Speed. No Tidal or Animus at the moment, Mostly penta-melds, Soldier Accessories and body. Won't be getting Laevateinn for while

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolfx View Post
    Has there been any confirmation of BLM ACC required T9? I'm hoping its the same as T8. Else I have to buy Soldier Belt or get a Moogle neckpiece.

I've been messing around with that Inf. Flare loop on the 3 training dummies, averaging around 900 after 30s-1min then peaks and drops to 700-800 DPS after 5 minutes

T2> F3> F2x2-3 > Flare->Transpose >Wait 2.5sec after Tic (Quelling/Raging Strikes while waiting) > ( Flare > Flare > Hi-Elixer > Flare > Convert/SwiftCast > Flare > Transpose) > Wait 2.5sec > Flare > Flare > Transpose > Wait 2.5sec > Flare> Flare > Repeating..

Averaging 21-24% Crit Went to mess around how it averaged out On single targets it's at 230-280 DPS

- W/o Food I'm curently at 451 ACC, 556 Crit, 357 Determination and 415 Spell Speed. No Tidal or Animus at the moment, Mostly penta-melds, Soldier Accessories and body. Won't be getting Laevateinn for while
    did you test the fire2 method on the 3 dummies as well? I would be interested in the numbers from the short fire2 rotation versus prolonged fire2 rotations (short being fire3>fire2>fire2.fire2>flare>vert>flare>ether>fla re (with swiftcast on any of those flares really) vs. adding double-flare on the end of that same rotation ad infinitum

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

T9 accuracy looks to be the same as T8 accuracy (485/490?). I play SMN in coil but I was able to get 491 Acc for T8 & T9 w/o food and saw that my Garuda finally had 100% accuracy.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

T2> F3> F2x2-3 > > ( Flare >Transpose > Quelling/Raging Strikes > Flare > Hi-Elixer > Flare > Convert/SwiftCast > Flare > Transpose) > > Flare > Flare > Transpose > Flare> Flare > Repeating..

I forget where I saw it, but someone said 470 for BLM on T9.

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    did you test the fire2 method on the 3 dummies as well? I would be interested in the numbers from the short fire2 rotation versus prolonged fire2 rotations (short being fire3>fire2>fire2.fire2>flare>vert>flare>ether>fla re (with swiftcast on any of those flares really) vs. adding double-flare on the end of that same rotation ad infinitum
    Want me to Specifically do
    Rotaion:
    (Thunder3 > Fire3> Fire2 x3 ) > --Raging Strikes -- > Flare > Convert > Flare > Ether > Flare > Transpose > || Thunder 2 > Fire 3 > Fire2 x3 > Blizzard 3 > Repeat||
    vs
    Rotation:
    (Thunder3> Fire3> Fire2 x3 ) > --Raging Strikes -- > Flare > Transpose > Flare > Flare > Transpose || Flare > Flare > Transpose > Repeat ||

or just want to see numbers prior to the repeat

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

We want to see an actual number difference between

Fire3 > fire2 x3 > raging strikes flare > vert flare > ether flare > transpose > flare flare

And

Fire3 > raging strikes flare > vert > flare > ether flare > transpose > flare flare

weave in swift cast where ever. I liked the Fire2 one because mobs in Bray were dead by the time I started double flares and honestly there's no group of shit you need to AoE all that long where I don't think the burst from fire2's at the start wouldn't win, but I am curious.

EDIT: I want to add in order the make this a fair test, we may want to make it timed by after 2minutes or so. If you do just the rotation obviously the first one would win due to having more casts.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Want me to Specifically do
    Rotaion:
    (Thunder3 > Fire3> Fire2 x3 ) > --Raging Strikes -- > Flare > Convert > Flare > Ether > Flare > Transpose > || Thunder 2 > Fire 3 > Fire2 x3 > Blizzard 3 > Repeat||
    vs
    Rotation:
    (Thunder3> Fire3> Fire2 x3 ) > --Raging Strikes -- > Flare > Transpose > Flare > Flare > Transpose || Flare > Flare > Transpose > Repeat ||

or just want to see numbers prior to the repeat
    I think just:

moved raging strikes, might have to use it after the 1st fire2 in order for it to be up for all flares. also removed thunder, since this is aoe rotation based, thunder really has no place unless you're involving Twintania or Asclepios in for a thunder while AoE'ing add's

( Fire3> Raging Strikes>Fire2 x3 ) > Flare > Convert > Flare > Ether > Flare >transpose>flare>flare (9 casts)

\vs.

( Fire3>--Raging Strikes > Fire2 x3 ) > Flare >convert>flare>transpose > Flare > Flare > (8 casts)

vs.

Fire3>flare>convert>ether+flare>transpose>flare>fl are>transpose>flare>flare (9 casts)

you can do any of them without convert, you just skip that and go straight into Ether-Flare or Double Flare, whichever you're testing.

numbers on any of these would be awesome. can really throw swift cast in on any flare.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

beaten by tonx because I walked away to do actual work, sob.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think raging strikes would be put to better use on the flares than the fire2's and 1 flare, maybe 2? Doing it on full flare you can potentially have it up for 4 AF3 flares and 1 UI1 flare

edit: derp, im confusing myself using it on different rotations.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    I think raging strikes would be put to better use on the flares than the fire2's and 1 flare, maybe 2? Doing it on full flare you can potentially have it up for 4 AF3 flares and 1 UI1 flare
    on this rotation:

( Fire3> Raging Strikes>Fire2 x3 ) > Flare > Convert > Flare > Ether > Flare >

it lasts through all flares, now if dps is a little slower on brayflox lets say, and you know you're going to need the double flares on the end as well, then yeah, pop RS after all of the fire2's

edit: 20s RS, so fire2x3= 9 seconds, flare=4s, vert flare=4.5 seconds, plus a ether and swift flare=less than 20seconds, even some wiggle room on having to move because mobs are moving around you or something unexpected.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I had myself confused too, mixing up rotations lol.

Test of at most 30 Secs sounds realistic half of which is Raging Strikes.
    Realistic time for Adds during Boss Phase or Trash in Dungeons before Single Target Cast Rotation begin.
    My results so far are showing that Transpose Flare loops are indeed more rewarding than normal AoE Fire2 Rotation at the end of the main 6-9 Cast rotation and if Raging Strikes is not available.

I'll Test these:

Without Food, Party Member Buff
    3 Striking Dummies
    Stats: 71 WPN DMG, 512 INT, 451 ACC, 556 CRT, 357 DET, 415 SS
    Current Average Crit rate of 21%-27% (Numbers might vary.. one time 44% of the Flares Crit) Max. Flare DMG 2500-2800+
    DPS within 30 Secs or End of Rotation.
    I Will do each rotation about 10 Times.

Results:

#1. ( Fire3 > Raging Strikes > Flare ) > Convert+Flare > Ether+Flare > Transpose > Flare > Flare (6 Cast)

Test1 Result: 6 Cast - (25 Seconds) Peak DPS 1448 Average DPS 917.17 , 22,012 DMG 6% Crit (1/15 Flare Crit)
    Test2 Result: 6 Cast - (26 Seconds) Peak DPS 1586 Average DPS 843.00, 24,221 DMG 27% Crit (4/15 Flare Crit) 100% Fire 3 Crit
    Test3
    Test4
    Test5
    Test6
    Test7
    Test8
    Test9
    Test10
    Final Result
    vs

#2. ( Fire3> Raging Strikes >Fire2 x3 ) > Flare > Convert+ Flare > Ether+ Flare ( 7 Cast)

Test1 Result: 7 Cast - (23 Seconds) Peak DPS 1479 Average DPS ----- 21,975 DMG 33% Crit (3/9 Flares Crit)
    Test2 Result: 7 Cast - (22 Seconds) Peak DPS 1514 Average DPS 1113 21,565 DMG 22% Crit (2/9 Flares Crit) 11% Fire 2 Crit
    Test3
    Test4
    Test5
    Test6
    Test7
    Test8
    Test9
    Test10
    Final Result

vs

#3. ( Fire3 > Fire2 x3 > Raging Strikes) > Flare > Convert+Flare > Ether+Flare > Transpose > Flare > Flare (9 Cast)

Test1 Result: 9 Cast - (34 Seconds) Peak DPS 1604 Average DPS 628.85, 28,927 DMG 24% Crit (3/15 Flares Crit), 33% Fire 2 Crit
    Test2 Result: 9 Cast - (34 Seconds) Peak DPS 1786 Average DPS 581.52, 30,187 DMG 27% Crit (4/15 Flares Crit), 11% Fire 2 Crit
    Test3
    Test4
    Test5
    Test6
    Test7
    Test8
    Test9
    Test10
    Final Result

Conclusion:

Sounds Good?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looks good to me. Should be interesting, I really wish there as some 4+ test dummy spot.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    Looks good to me. Should be interesting, I really wish there as some 4+ test dummy spot.
    Will have to wait for training dummy outdoor furniture, probably.

...Inb4 only S/M/L can only have 2/3/4 dummies.

Don't see how the number of dummies matters, if an AoE rotation does more damage to 1 target it's gonna do more damage to multiple targets.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Don't see how the number of dummies matters, if an AoE rotation does more damage to 1 target it's gonna do more damage to multiple targets.
    Excluding the initial fire3, that's true.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

For Blm that may be true though I do not know how much giving extra chances to crit among 9 targets vs 1 affects rotations. I was more referring to use for other jobs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hm so..out of curiosity: how are you BLMs fairing in the 2nd turn thus far?

I think I was doing OK in T6 and T7. My group had to pretty much cater to my DPS in T8.

But T9? That shit just won't fly. There are so many sequences where she can interrupt your cast due to movement or you end up wasting firestarter/TC procs due to her being up in the air being a bitch.

When she uses thermionic beam in the very beginning, I've just learned to cast whatever spell I was on and automatically turn the camera forwards (where the tanks are) since we stack in the middle and this works OK...

The problem is when she is in the air. It is just long enough for astral fire to wear off and most procs you obtained prior to her flying end up being wasted.

How are you all dealing with this? I actually switched to SMN for this fight for the first time since I just couldn't justify BLM. I am really hoping some of you have come up with clever tactics to bypass this. I think having manawall and ward for many parts of this fight (as well as aetherial) to be quite useful when you are learning. The problem is the DPS section from 100% to 65% where you seek to generate as few meteors as possible. I also am curious how others handle the 2nd phase of the fight after mega flare. I haven't actually gotten there yet but from the looks of it, movement every 10 seconds doesn't seem to be fun.

Plz halp.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post
    How are you all dealing with this? I actually switched to SMN for this fight for the first time since I just couldn't justify BLM.
    This was our career caster's response to every single turn in newcoil as we came to them. SMN is just too good here.

I guess half of the good news is that when you finally get gear, you're gearing both at the same time (sans weapon). >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    For Blm that may be true though I do not know how much giving extra chances to crit among 9 targets vs 1 affects rotations.
    It doesn't effect anything, having more targets on which you can crit doesn't change your average damage on any given target.