1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 13 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Anyone got any good tips for DPS on T13?

Finding Earthshakers screw up my DPS a fair bit, tried to squeeze a Fire I between them, but cant quite get it off before having to move :/

If SC is up it ofc helps or if I have any procs saved in time, but trying to figure out something more effective.

Cover in p1 is saved for our Monk.

Currently doing around 460-470 unmerged for the kill and never had a kill run w/o atleast 1/2 earthshakers.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewz View Post
    Anyone got any good tips for DPS on T13?

Finding Earthshakers screw up my DPS a fair bit, tried to squeeze a Fire I between them, but cant quite get it off before having to move :/

If SC is up it ofc helps or if I have any procs saved in time, but trying to figure out something more effective.

Cover in p1 is saved for our Monk.

Currently doing around 460-470 unmerged for the kill and never had a kill run w/o atleast 1/2 earthshakers.

Save a F3 proc right before Earth shakers incase you get it. Dodge - F3 - Dodge - SC-F1 - Dodge - back to rotation

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Saving the proc, and having swift up then as well. I derp a lot and focus too much getting mana wall up I forget to scathe too. Anything to keep the numbers rollin and avoiding that enrage :D

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks for the reply's

Sounds about what I've been trying to do, though often SC is down after Mega-Flare, if do save a proc if it comes very soon before Earthshakers, but think would be a DPS loss to save one too much in advance?

Tried a high SS build this week for T13, as I wanted to see if I could pop a cast out between earthshakers, but it's just too tight for me to do so while dodging safely. :/

Anyone here able to cast a fire 1 between the earthshaker hits? Or it's just not possible?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I squeeze one out but I know I'm gonna risk a DoT tick but if mana wall is up, our sch usually has adlo going off at the time to heal for it and the shield is there for the last ES hit w/o mana wall.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Save procs for earthshakers - use swiftcast if you don't have a RS rotation coming up.

I've been able to squeeze one out if the timing is right. You can use a F3/B3 to change phases comfortably though.

Not really a BLM question but it's something most relevant to BLMs:

Is the radius for AoEs reckoned from the center of the mob's target circle or the edge of it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hard to say. Is there a way to find out how far you are from a target? If so, you could set up some training dummies and throw F2s at them or something.

If I had to guess, I'd say center, because otherwise for very large mobs, you would be able to hit pretty much everything while targetting it.

Test dummies don't even have a targeting circle, so they wouldn't really help as far as testing goes.

Also I think you can only have 1 on your property anyway.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be a radius starting outwards from the center-point of the enemy.

Because mobs have collision detection with one another and can't occupy the same space, so for large mobs the effective radius of an AoE would be cut by a large amount because of all the empty space in within the target circle.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yes it is from the centre of the target circle.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Test dummies don't even have a targeting circle, so they wouldn't really help as far as testing goes.

Also I think you can only have 1 on your property anyway.
    I've seen multiples on mine. I think it's just dependant on house size.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    I've seen multiples on mine. I think it's just dependant on house size.

I've got a small and i've got multiples.

The more you know.

(like I said tho they wouldn't be useful for showing the AoE radius relative to the target circle as they don't have a target circle at all)

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I can confirm aoes are centered on the center of the mob. For example, tried to bane a prominence that spawned very close to the five-headed dragon, and even if the aoe of bane is big (8 yalms) it didn't affect it.

The Prominences are pretty small tho, don't make for a very good example, also with the debuff limit they may have landed you just couldn't see them?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I think he meant he tried to bane off Hydra which is HUGE so 8 yalms from that guy's hitbox would surely hit a prominence.

Ah, I misunderstood what he means by baning the prominence.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Presence + Fey Glow resulted in our WHMs cure cast time going down to 1.03s, over 1k spell speed at that point. Fairly positive there's no cap. I'll ask him to give me the hard numbers on his gcd later since I took these numbers from our t13 clear video.
    According to screenshots I've seen on the FFXIV subreddit, recast time on spells has a hard cap of 1.50 seconds whereas cast time continues to decrease below 1.00. This was tested using a combination of Presence of Mind and Fey Glow. I'll try to find the screenshot.

EDIT: Having trouble finding the screenshot of Cure with a 0.99 cast time, but here's a couple screenshots showing the hard cap of 1.5 recast on spells with differing cast/recast times:

As for how this would apply to BLM, as cast time for a spell arbitrarily approaches zero while GCD stays at a constant 1.5 seconds, a BLM with enough spellspeed to do so would theoretically never lose a Firestarter proc, so the benefits of spellspeed don't stop at the 40% spell haste threshold.