1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I've lost the official count, but I'm going to say 17 weeks and STILL no caster legs, we saw our 2nd body drop yesterday, 2nd hands, last week was the first caster belt we've seen. Still havn't seen caster feet or head. I want the feet cuz mytho is ugly as fk with allagan

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shinryu Reishiki
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros

Been doing 1-4 for longer than I can remember at this point, but I've only cleared Turn 5 a couple times at this point; it dropped the SCH book both times for me. Only saw the Circlet and Pants back before my FC static could do Coil...

Scepter: 0
    Head: 1 (Lost 95 to a 97)
    Body: 0
    Gloves: 2
    Belt: 0
    Pants: 1 (Lost 3 to 5)
    Boots: 0
    Necklace: 0
    Earrings: 2
    Wrist: 1
    Ring: 1

I always die a little when I see someone go into Turn 2 for the first time and come out with the body...

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    Pants: 1 (Lost 3 to 5)
    At least you can chuckle about that :/

I think caster pants are the only 1-4 drop my group has never, ever seen.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I doesn't bother me too much because I go WAR to coil and nearly everything else endgame related, but I'm too stubborn to buy the mytho legs. Finally getting some T5 practice in after weeks of trying to get this shit together, so I may end up having to buy them anyway

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Man, I won caster legs as my drg the first time I ever saw them. Sure am glad I did >_<

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sorry to slightly derail the thread. I was just curious if this occurrence was unique to me or others had the same luck with the RNG gods.

I do have a question to get us more back on topic: what sort of parsers do you all turn to now days? I am finding ACT to be pretty reliable and its analysis tools are top notch.

Speaking of ACT as a sort of benchmark, what kind of numbers are you all seeing in terms of DPS on things like Twin and Titan/Ifrit Ex? I'd be interested in finding the 'norm'. I rarely get to play with other BLMs.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I like to use ACT as well. I used it a lot in my previous MMO, and you're right that the analysis it can perform is excellent and is presented in an organized way. Two of my biggest features is how easy it is to pull up past parses and the "Incoming Damage by Combatant" to try and filter out the padded DPS.

For Twin, my parser resets during Divebombs (my EncounterCulling timer is too low obviously but forget to increase it all the time) so I can't give a good benchmark.
    Ifrit I've been finding myself anywhere from 230-260. Usually seems to be a matter of how lucky I am with Firestarter/Thundercloud during Eruptions and if I notice whether or not Eruption is actually targeting me.
    Titan I do 250-300, depending on if I get a Bard who sings Req and # of times I become a rock. I'm pretty happy with those numbers because it keeps up with the good BRD/MNK/SMN that I play with.

I join a lot of PF groups for Titan/Ifrit out of boredom (on BLM and sometimes not BLM) and haven't come across any BLM doing more than that; usually they don't break 200 DPS but that is the case for 90% of PF DPS. I'm using the Primal Weapon, but I've watched some streams/videos of BG to see if I was on point with DPS (I figure some of their members will be good comparison). Those ranges looked like what Allagan/Primal BLM's were doing from what I saw.

Speaking of benchmarks... what are people doing on T1 and T4 with Primal/Relic+1/Allagan?
    My T1 yesterday was: MNK (340) BLM(me; 330) BRD(330) pugDRG(270) - Monk did LB so was probably a bit higher for the rest of the fight.
    T4: BLM(me; 400), MNK(330), BRD(320), DRG(290)

T4 is probably a shit benchmark cause you can probably skew things based on what your group does with who AoE's and what not but it'd be cool to see how high people get on a fight that has some AoE segments.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://i57.tinypic.com/w7zvjt.jpg

have 1100 mytho points...dunno what to buy..also no chance to get head/hands/body there 2-3 people still need ;3

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Tough choice. Are you using BLM in coil? Is that DL belt or Crimson? If you're using BLM in coil I want to say hands to put you over the accuracy cap. Everything else is a tough call because you're trading good secondary stats for like spell speed and the int increase. It wouldn't really matter if you didn't do coil as BLM but I would do the body last

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Repair 'dat bangle

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Body/Head, don't wanna add it up to see what your acc is at, but myth bracelet. Then you're "done" Till waist/hands put out

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Actually I'm main tank, so I use it on coil but blm on primals mostly in pugs lol

My smn same ilvl too .

And that's crimson belt

I think I have myth wrist and also allagan casting wrist

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Body/Head, don't wanna add it up to see what your acc is at, but myth bracelet. Then you're "done" Till waist/hands put out
    Upgrading from any of the pieces is about the same int increase but by doing body he'd hit the acc cap but lose a good crit hit rate compared to doing hands where he would still get the accuracy by trading off crit as well, just not as much.

Truthfully it doesn't matter all that much, they're all going to kill your crit hit from crimson, it's just by how much and how soon

EDIT: Iori! I didn't realize it was you haha

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

hi brax ;3

oh well is why i didnt want get more gear could hurt my setup since i um...wont have access to many other pieces because mains still need it ; ;

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is everyone comfortable with the way Firestarter works? It's a very good trait, but the functionality leaves a bit to be desired.
    I haven't found a way to avoid losing procs, the best I can do is spam Fire III for half a second before Blizzard III on the off chance I get one, just to make sure the proc is consumed in AFIII rather than using Transpose after umbral cycle. I even tried adding a trigger in ACT, hoping that would help me save some, but nope.
    I think they should change the trait so it transforms your next Fire I into the free insta-cast Fire III, that way nothing would be wasted.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I am not the biggest fan of the procs being delayed, but it's universal amongst jobs that have it. I don't know if it's a technicality issue or if it was intended; we all deal with it no matter what. I wouldn't want the trait to be changed as you described because there are situations, albeit few that I do choose to hold that Firestarter proc for one cast for guaranteed burst on a specific target or for movement purposes.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

The easier fix would be to let you build up 2 stacks.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Continuing from the previous page:

Weapon: 1 (5 kills)
    Head: 4
    Body: 3
    Hands: 3
    Belt: 1
    Legs: 2
    Feet: 1
    Neck: 0
    Earrings: like 7 :/
    Bracelets: 3
    Ring: 2

Cleared 1-4 with my old group for a long time and recently joined a new group 5 weeks ago.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    The easier fix would be to let you build up 2 stacks.
    Yes this would be the ideal situation..you think they would have learned from arcane mage in WoW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast