+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 438 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Is the whole point of the Jewel type units to just sell for Zel? Also.... tried level 1 of the Ninja event and the boss completely steamrolled me. Most of my team is hovering around level 10 so I thought I would be ok... but NOPE.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    Is the whole point of the Jewel type units to just sell for Zel? Also.... tried level 1 of the Ninja event and the boss completely steamrolled me. Most of my team is hovering around level 10 so I thought I would be ok... but NOPE.
    The light element ones from the weekend event? Yup. 20k each for the kings, 10k (?) for the ghosts.

Edit: I read on the one forums (linked earlier) you can only ever get 11 metal gods... 10 from others and the 1 you get when sending to someone else.

Burn my Dread
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shini Kimura
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just added everyone in here except one person (mentioned something about limit, clicked too fast).

This game is super cool ;o something to do on the bus to and from University~ Yay.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

There is a cap on how many friends you can have. It goes up with level and caps at 50. I think it's mostly to avoid getting too many honor points (and summons). You can mark friends as favorites (something I do with everyone here on BG) so I don't accidentally knock someone out if or when I hit the cap.

It is helpful for anyone who uses a non-obvious name (i.e. not your username or a listed FF/WOW character name) to post it as well to help keep track of everyone.

Burn my Dread
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shini Kimura
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ya, my name in game is the same as my name in FFXIV :3

>_> my forum name is my old FFXI account. . . bleh.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Here's everyone listed so far. I don't know for sure the IDs of Anakron and Dominico (post or PM me and I'll fill it in). Toki, if you want to copy this into your first post feel free.

Code:
    BG NAME		BF NAME		ID
    -------		-------		--

Tokitoki	Toki		71418728
    Demenic		(same)		50537760
    Jamison		(same)		74026993

Mina		(same)		93533699
    Gokku		(same)		3570828
    Anakron		---		?

Vandole		Dole		19923439
    Nitsuki		(same)		22005274
    Dominico	---		?

Terria		Shini		50881493

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I was full earlier, but I made some space. Edited:

Code:
    BG NAME		BF NAME		ID
    -------		-------		--

Tokitoki	Toki		71418728
    Demenic		(same)		50537760
    Jamison		(same)		74026993

Mina		(same)		93533699
    Gokku		(same)		3570828
    Anakron		Ivelia		94207774

Vandole		Dole		19923439
    Nitsuki		(same)		22005274
    Dominico	---		?

Terria		Shini		50881493

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just got this today to go along with my PAD addiction

ID 93303150

Think I sent an invite to everyone in the thread.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Was marathoning XIV to finally complete story and do some Relic/Darklight questing so I didn't play much the past few days. Regret missing my parade and the zel dungeon... stuck with a few units to evolve and not enough money to do so.

Glad everyone's enjoying it so far. How far along in the story is everyone? I'm on the last battle of the second world. Completely out of Cure materials still and they keep killing my fairy cause I can't afford the evo to Titania. Bastards.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    How far along in the story is everyone? I'm on the last battle of the second world. Completely out of Cure materials still and they keep killing my fairy cause I can't afford the evo to Titania. Bastards.
    I'm on the 2nd map just barely eeked out a win against the first area. That boss is so fucking mean. I'm pretty stuck there until I get mats to level/evo stuff. Spent all weekend doing the zel dungeon so now I have around 900k in money. ( ' - ' )

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm on the second to last battle of the second world....so not too far behind Toki. I'm having trouble as it seems that I just can't dish out enough damage to keep up with some of the things I'm fighting, but that may be due to not having a 5 star unit like some here. I have resorted to using 2 healers, both Phoenix and one of the trees, which has worked somewhat better, but if one of them dies or doesn't get their Brave Burst quick enough, I die easily. I pretty much breezed through the 2nd world to where I am now, only having to make minor adjustments to my team due to elemental weaknesses, but the Tower of Morgan seems like one of those big difficulty jumps that's starting to annoy me.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Still on the first map, i was spamming the zel dungeon as much as possible. But i was trying to level to upgrade my energy to 20 to do the 2nd one and it never happened.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Friend code is 21338493, game name is Dominus. Post on here or PM me if you add me since I delete random requests. Currently at the first area of the 2nd map. Was stuck at the final boss of the first map for a few days until I leveled my team up a bit (farmed the quest with the Wyvern as the boss for xp since I saw Metal ghosts or w/e they're called drop alot from those runs). Where are you all getting healer type units from (Phoenix and the tree)? In the 3 gem summons I've used, I've only gotten 3 tanks (4 Star fire dragon, 3 star fire dragon and behemoth). Team is currently: 2nd form of lightning warrior guy, behemoth, the scholar looking guy, 4 star fire dragon and 3 star fire dragon (yeap, I'm awesome with names). Running a 3 thunder / 2 fire type team to cover weaknesses atm.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I got my Phoenix and Tree on summons from gems that I either was rewarded or bought. I didn't mind buying some to support the game a bit as it has entertained me enough. There's farmable healer units like Fairy(wind element I believe) and those are supposedly decent enough until you get higher. I know I get a lot of Fairies to drop on the second map areas.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    Where are you all getting healer type units from (Phoenix and the tree)? In the 3 gem summons I've used, I've only gotten 3 tanks (4 Star fire dragon, 3 star fire dragon and behemoth). Team is currently: 2nd form of lightning warrior guy, behemoth, the scholar looking guy, 4 star fire dragon and 3 star fire dragon (yeap, I'm awesome with names). Running a 3 thunder / 2 fire type team to cover weaknesses atm.
    You get the first healer types on a guaranteed drop from the first world. I believe they are guaranteed at least. Fairies can come from Honor Summon or the second world. I'm using a fairy and have her Brave Burst up to level 4 or 5 by feeding other Fairies to her. Fairy starts as a 2 star unit and evolves to a 3, where the other healers are a one star that evolves to a two.

Her Brave Burst also removes status ailments in addition to healing which is pretty nice. Heals a bit less than the evolved form of the lower healers, though.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just cleared the 2nd map. The final boss wasn't too difficult for my team, but I was overloaded with healers and potions.

The team I used to beat him was:
    Gun King Douglas Lv15 (lead)
    Phoenix Lv25
    Great Tree Alneu Lv13
    Princess Lidith Lv12
    Lava Lv26
    Hell King Hades Lv45 (Toki's leader as assist)

I just alternated BB heals and popped a potion or two when I was worried about being too low. Phoenix's BB allows for 3 rounds of moderate healing, which was more than enough for my team to counter his attacks while the other two healers Lidith and Alneu built up their BB heals for when Phoenix's went down. If you're wanting to use my Phoenix or Tree for anything, you can PM me on here and I'll set it as my leader as soon as I can, otherwise it'll probably be Lava or Gun King Douglas as my lead. I feel sorry if any of you run a mono-light team since he's dark element. You'll have a hard time unless you can burst him down in a dps race.

Edit: Just tried the first round of the fire area for the third map. The battles before the boss were easy, but the bosses are two Ifrits. They do considerable damage even to my fire units I put in for my earth units due to weakness. They also tend to spam this Eruption move every 2-3 turns that hits your entire party for multiple hits. It just sucks that I have hardly any water units worth using. I guess I'll need to figure something out for that.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I'm in the next-to-last area on the second map. Stopped doing story stuff to spam the zel quest all weekend, and spending all of today trying to level up the BB level on one of my guys. With tomorrow's vortex duengon I should be able to evolve 1 or 2 guys, then I'll spend at least a day or two getting those Brave Burst levels up as well.

• Neat trick, you can seriously de-clutter your fuse and sell screens by putting units you want to keep (but aren't actively using) into unused squads.
    • Whenever the expansion hits (no idea when, I believe it is out in Japan) there will be some leader bonuses that need multi-elemental teams. Worth keeping good units you get even if you don't currently play that color.
    • If you didn't know, there's a small random chance to level up a summons BB level when you fuse it with a summon of the same BB type (attack, heal, support).
    • Today is the first time I've done this, and so far it seems somewhere in the ballpark of 1 for every 25 fuses you do.
    • Element doesn't matter, only attack / heal / support.
    • Financially, it works best to do this at level 1 of their final evolution. BB level is apparently lost when you evolve so it's not worth doing before then.
    • Apparently some boss fights are scripted, and you can know when to heal or guard ahead of time but I've never bothered to figure any of them out for myself.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

77535519 ign Tiii add me please. no luck with the first summon haha.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Code:
    BG NAME		BF NAME		ID
    -------		-------		--

Tokitoki	Toki		71418728
    Demenic		-(same)		50537760
    Jamison		-(same)		74026993

Mina		-(same)		93533699
    Gokku		-(same)		3570828
    Anakron		Ivelia		94207774

Vandole		Dole		19923439
    Nitsuki		-(same)		22005274
    Dominico	Dominus		21338493

Terria		Shini		50881493
    Kamikazi321	Tiii		77535519

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Tried to confirm Jamisons adds, getting a message saying you've reached the max number of friends. Also, fk that Desert area boss. Can't get past the bastard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 438 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast