Burn my Dread
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shini Kimura
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm about halfway through the beach on the second map. I managed to get a decent water unit + the one I picked at the start, and then grabbed someone's water unit for the 6th and powered through the desert boss ;x

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    Tried to confirm Jamisons adds, getting a message saying you've reached the max number of friends. Also, fk that Desert area boss. Can't get past the bastard.
    Made space, sorry about that.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Ugh, spent most of my energy for the entire day trying to level up one character's Brave Burst level, and only got about half way. Not sure I have enough interest to try and do it for any more summons.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Jamison, i'm gonna overtake you in PVP and there's nothing you can do about it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is there somewhere that shows how much exp it will take to cap? Trying to figure out when to use my metals w/o wasting them.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    Jamison, i'm gonna overtake you in PVP and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Crap. Gonna have to work on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Is there somewhere that shows how much exp it will take to cap? Trying to figure out when to use my metals w/o wasting them.
    There was a forums linked to on one of the first two pages. That site has a full chart.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Apparently theres a 4th area coming in February along with some sort of endurance mode. Also... srsly FUCK that desert area boss. Even with Jamisons OP light knight I still get curbstomped. Team is at level 15 now, but it looks like I'll have to grind up to 20 to get past this asshole. Is there any particular quest that drops a good amount of metal ghosts? Best one I can find was the one with the Wyvern boss, but I usually only get 1 (sometimes 2, sometimes 0).

EDIT: Toki and Demenic are apparently maxed out on friends

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Apparently theres a 4th area coming in February along with some sort of endurance mode. Also... srsly FUCK that desert area boss. Even with Jamisons OP light knight I still get curbstomped. Team is at level 15 now, but it looks like I'll have to grind up to 20 to get past this asshole. Is there any particular quest that drops a good amount of metal ghosts? Best one I can find was the one with the Wyvern boss, but I usually only get 1 (sometimes 2, sometimes 0).

EDIT: Toki and Demenic are apparently maxed out on friends
    I don't know of any areas with Metal Ghosts, but I can throw up my Leviathan (lv 26 I think) in the leader spot if that'll help you. His BB is an area water. I'll put him up now anyway, and see if I can clear some friends.

EDIT: Removed two friends. First come, first served.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Cleared some friends as well. Will check for invites occasionally throughout the day. Also, I'll put up Captain Mega as my lead. He's not leveled much, but it's water and has a leader skill of +25% attack for water types and area water for BB.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FINALLY got past the desert. That water type Captain did the trick (along with burning through all my meds). :D

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm guessing Dominus is Dominico, is anyone Yo Fro?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I'm guessing Dominus is Dominico, is anyone Yo Fro?
    Correct. Rant: SRSLY FUCK THE ARENA AI. 3 of my guys sit on full BB for 4 turns while the other guy just gradually builds up to it and uses it as soon as its available. Already lost a couples of fights due to my guys being derp and not using their BBs.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Correct. Rant: SRSLY FUCK THE ARENA AI. 3 of my guys sit on full BB for 4 turns while the other guy just gradually builds up to it and uses it as soon as its available. Already lost a couples of fights due to my guys being derp and not using their BBs.
    They seem to do better the higher stars they have. Evolving my Geomancer CLaris to Time Mage Claris made her use the BB every time it lwas ready instead of sitting on it.

I agree, though, that the AI is really dumb.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fair warning to anyone trying the 3rd battle "Wings of the Flaming Skies" on Volcano Eldent area in St. Lamia. The final boss, Lava, likes to spam her fire AoE every turn or every other turn, it's random. This is in addition to her 1-2 normal attacks every round. I would not recommend taking any earth units, or any units really, without high defense or hp. It might be a good idea to consider getting seals for the +50% defense if you're running a mono element team or even multiple types of seals for a rainbow team. I ran out of potions and high potions very quickly even using seals and barely won with my last unit being someone else's Captain Mega with 74hp left. I got lucky.

Edit: I just can't catch a break. Stuck on the 4th battle on volcano now. The firedrake boss kicks my ass even if I'm stacked with heals and items. I really just need to get passed the fire area. I have a bunch of good wind units so I think I could be fine on the other areas. I just don't have decent water units for the fire weakness.

Edit2: I guess I've been missing that Divine Light aoe heal item that you can make at lv18 synthesis. I'm level 17 synthesis. Looks like I'll farm up karma for that then try the firedrake again.

Burn my Dread
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shini Kimura
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

For the bonus dungeons, whats the odds of getting the finally enemy drop? I was thinking of doing the god-arm one, but I'm not strong enough to do anything past the first area :/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shini View Post
    For the bonus dungeons, whats the odds of getting the finally enemy drop? I was thinking of doing the god-arm one, but I'm not strong enough to do anything past the first area :/
    From what I've read, you get a much higher chance from the high level ones. The level 1 quests are roughly a 5-10% drop rate.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I finally got an Oboro from the event off his lv1 battle last night. Took about 15 tries over the last week or so. Too bad he's Oracle type and not Breaker type, but at least I have him. Dunno if I'm interested in the god-arm guy, but I might try it a few times just to say I have him if it drops. Also I just got passed the Firedrake level I was stuck on and even cleared the final level of the Fire St. Lamia area. The Divine Light item made it a bit easier. Funny thing, the Fire end boss was easier than Lava and even the Firedrake before him. It's an evolved Phoenix, so all you need is damage to counter its 3 rounds of healing BB that it almost always keeps up and of course some minor healing. No AoE worries, just single target.

From what I've read, you get a much higher chance from the high level ones. The level 1 quests are roughly a 5-10% drop rate.
    Also, there's some reports of getting evolved versions of these special characters the higher level you go.
    Ex: Lv1 you fight Ninja Oboro, Lv2 you fight Assassin Oboro
    Some people reported getting Assassin Oboro to drop instead of his non-evolved Ninja version by clearing lv2, but I do not know if it's 100% on the evolved form or not. I don't believe it is.

Burn my Dread
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shini Kimura
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I go by Shini now cause Sonomaa is awesome~♪ (that, and Terria is like my super old FFXI name...)

So can probably update the list.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

METAL GOD CODE: GET US BOTH 2 METAL GOD still have 9 left

1. Start up the game

2. Go to "Social"

3. Go to "Special"

4. Tap on "Get a Metal God"

5. Enter the code 78096301

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I went ahead and started playing this myself. Sent out requests to those I could. Now to figure out how to save my phones battery. My ID is 361473616. Name: Tear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 438 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast